• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firox

Smash Master
I¨m not disregarding the chance of them revealing more than one character. I¨m just questioning you're "Yeah I think not" part, as if it is obvious that we are getting more than one, when it really isn¨t, especially with the Terry presentation in mind.
I see what you're saying, but again, the fact that we got stiffed so hard with the last presentation is even MORE reason to get a double reveal this time around. There's still a chance we could get stiffed again, but I would be far more surprised to have only one reveal rather than two.

Dang, that was fast. Props to you, Sir.

Last edited:

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Just a thought, but did any of the Mii costumes (besides maybe Sans) deconfirm any highly requested fighter so far? That seems a bit suspicious to me, I guess.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Just a thought, but did any of the Mii costumes (besides maybe Sans) deconfirm any highly requested fighter so far? That seems a bit suspicious to me, I guess.
I don't think so. The Mii costumes I can think of that would deconfirm a highly-requested character (Geno, Lloyd, Heihachi, possibly Monster Hunter) are all still absent.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
No It's call, understanding and having the soical awareness that your character fandom can be promblematic and emotionally charged

(Espically since 2 of y'all went of a tyrant about Sora)

So trying to calm them down and telling them to hype responsibly / not attack other SE fans, isn't """"concern trolling""""""
Every character fandom can be problematic and emotionally charged, but I don't see people coming into Sora, Dante, or Reimu threads lecturing people on how to play nice if their favorites don't get in. That's my point. If you have a problem with 2 people then address those 2 people. If everyone else is fine why lecture the entire thread as if it's something that more than those 2 people are doing? Like I said before it becomes """""""""""""""concern trolling""""""""""""""""""""" when the context is said person only ever posts about off-topic things or chiding the thread over hypotheticals.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Hey going back to the Sakurai photo shopped in on titles

We have someone who got the exact moment give or take a few moments

Base one where the,

Blue on shoulder

Brown on arm

Yellow and red in hair

Looks like it’s a match to me.

It’s definatly screen capped from the offical direct on that announcement

Oh one more thing the brown in sakurais arm I. The announcement photo

The answer is right in front of you

It’s literaly the that brown background in the photo so that background is the characters background

Edit: whoops already pointed out the elbow area involves the brown background on the announcement page

Last edited:

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Might actually have something.

Firstly, I went back to the Terry and Banjo presentations and sure enough you can clearly see the colors of the posters behind him.
Is this the dumbest most crackpot theory ever? Maybe, but damn I'm a believer.
I live for stuff like this

God bless you

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643

Base one where the,

Blue on shoulder

Brown on arm

Yellow and red in hair

It’s literaly the that brown background in the photo so that background is the characters background

Edit: whoops already pointed out the elbow area involves the brown background on the announcement page
The one thing I will be immensely upset over is if Sakurai decided to change his background and have the screen absent in his direct.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
The one thing I will be immensely upset over is if Sakurai decided to change his background and have the screen absent in his direct.
Why do I have an odd feeling that what you just said may actually happen?

Datboigeno

Smash Lord

Base one where the,

Blue on shoulder

Brown on arm

Yellow and red in hair

If the brown really is from the character background then I really could see FP5 being either Dragonborn or Doomslayer. Other projected picks like Dante, Arle, Sora, Ryu Hyabusa, Crash and Tracer don't really fit with the brown to me. Nightmare either really. A brown color scheme seems to me like it'd come from a more grounded/serious character. So again likely not Arle, Crash, or Sora.

Last edited:

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Has my favourite Smashboard member and generally good dude AdamBell731 posted anything yet? Sure he'll be happy about the news.

Always enjoy his posts too.

Anyway glad this ride is almost over for now.

Also I see Sakurai is holding up a three and not dabbing Huh? Interesting.
Me when I see I'm someone's favorite user and that person also actually likes my posts
20190510_073520.jpg

But anyways, aw why thank you good sir, glad someone enjoys my posts! Means a lot, especially from my scaly friend!

Most of my posting here today has kinda just been... tempering expectations and trying to get everyone not to freak out and such (at least not to a "wanting the moon" degree). I mean we're all excited about the announcement because it has been 4 long months since Terry's reveal, but I just don't want people to be let down and/or start spreading negativity. I am not usually one to say "hype responsibly," but due to the wait I think people are maybe expecting more than is actually gonna happen. A bit more strict than I usually go, but people are just excited I suppose. Hopefully no one got perturbed by me doing that though, I just don't want massive whiplash or souls ("Spirits?") to be crushed on Thursday.

I'm sure it'll be good though, as I said, I'm content with the roster!

Last edited:

Droodle

Smash Lord
If the brown really is from the character background then I really could see FP5 being either Dragonborn or Doomslayer. Other projected picks like Dante, Arle, Sora, Ryu Hyabusa, Crash and Tracer don't really fit with the brown to me. Nightmare either really. A brown color scheme seems to me like it'd come from a more grounded/serious character. So again likely not Arle, Crash, or Sora.
Watch it be another obscure but popular Japanese character.

Bonus: No other reveal in the next 30 minutes because Sakurai plays through classic.

D

Deleted member

If it’s actually brown doesn’t that mean Color Theory is false? But, to be honest it doesn’t even matter anymore.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Now we’re never gonna get a smoking gun on who it is with the screen cap thing and it is infact a screen cap from the presentation

But I took a look at the photo again

I got another suspicious color

There’s a grey pixels around the shoulders and too light to be from his shirt

And I recal the classic doomguys boots being grey

That’s thats overkill but it’s just worth noting

And the pose it could be just 3 something in the video after talking about the 5th character

Maybe 3 modes 3 new things

But the one I could bet on is 3 more characters

Last edited:

Droodle

Smash Lord
Now we’re never gonna get a smoking gun on who it is with the screen cap thing and it is infact a screen cap from the presentation

And the pose it could be just 3 something in the video after talking about the 5th character

Calling it now; it's not Doomguy, it's Adol from Ys. The colors are too perfect.

Iconic. Check.
Popular. Check.
Anime Swordsman. Check.
Would upset everyone but me. Check.

Attachments

Penguinbowler

Smash Apprentice
Yeah. Seems to be an uncanny theme right now.
It's the main reason i take fan theories and leaks with a grain of salt unless we have enough hard evidence. They will be broken and if they are proven right, how likely was it that it was a coincidence?

RingJ5

Smash Ace

The grey also very much fits for Dragonborn, so that’s not exactly a smoking gun, unless you really, really wanted Vault Boy.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
The grey also very much fits for Dragonborn, so that’s not exactly a smoking gun, unless you really, really wanted Vault Boy.
The problem is where’s green on a Skyrim character?

Light green on the left of pixels of Sakurai and dark green on the right

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I really hope it is Doomguy or Dragonborn, as with the nature of this reveal we will know if they come with the Cacodemon hat within the half hour.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Hey guys remember not to set your house on fire if you don’t like FP5’s alternate costumes. No one mentioned the desire to do this but I just wanted to put it out there just in case. Geno would not like you to do this. Thanks

T2by4

Smash Lord
We have no reason to be worried about the mii costume portion of the direct...

Right bros..?
1578936849200.jpg

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Here we are knee deep in "cropping artifacts theory" arguing over whether a shade of green points to Doom Guy

Love it, but you're actually wrong. It's actually Linkle. With Geno riding on her shoulders

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom