• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I love ya, but playing the games just to be able to **** talk isnt good pf
Oh, I am well aware but I wasn't comfortable ****talking it without actually playing them. I was totally that guy many years ago around KH2's release and I grew to feel that it wasn't fair without dipping my toes in the water and getting a little involved so, I gave it a chance and honestly I wasn't as disappointed as I thought I would be (story isn't as convoluted as people say when you actually play them in chronological order), but my expectations were already pretty low in the first place.

Im not sure what the sora fanbase did to make you hate them tbh
Friend of mine got doxxed once by one community and villified me and some others for just trying to have civil dialogue and asking questions about Kingdom Hearts. It was another reason that inspired me to play the series. Long ass story but I fully acknowledge that they were in the minority but that **** burned. Hashtag not all KH fans but some people there are absolutely crazy. Situation was completely unrelated to Smash too btw.

And I'm a huge FF fanboy and I personally feel that KH does a huge injustice to the FF characters. Some KH fans don't like hearing that I guess.

You know, just to throw it out there, you've told people they have no way of knowing if SE only wants SE properties to come with SE characters, but likewise, you have no way of knowing if it isn't SE's decision to make regarding the Mii costumes. It takes two to tango, the use of their properties is at their discretion and I think it's not too far fetched to say that for a company that provided 0 spirits for the base game aside from Cloud's two outfits (using his Smash Ultimate render, no less), they call the shots for what of theirs gets added and when it gets added.
I may not know 110% for sure but I do know how SE's business practices work to some degree though. They're not going to waste their time setting a schedule for stuff in a game that they're not even publishing when they have other things to worry about. Yes, they make the decision at the end of the day what Nintendo can or cannot use but they don't have the authority when Nintendo can release them. Chances are, if we are getting Geno and other SE properties, Nintendo has already paid them for their rights a long time ago when they negotiated for DQ content. It's bad business to keep going back and asking for stuff constantly. It all woulda been negotiated at the same time. They got their money so why put in the effort to decide when this stuff will be released? It's extra work and effort for SE to do and they wouldn't do that for a game that isn't their own. The ball is completely in Nintendo's court once the transaction has been processed.

So do they call the shots of what gets added? Yes.
Do they call the shots of when it gets added? I have to give it a hard no.

Also, on the topic of spirits and music, I still believe that they didn't allow Nintendo to have any FF7 spirits or tracks because they didn't want to potentially spoil anything for the remake coming in March. Sounds crazy I know and it's only a theory on my end but SE has a lot of investment in introducing new people to FF7 this time around and I think that's why they are holding back on the content.

Last edited by a moderator:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Good lord y'all move fast haha. So the interesting thing is this new "Poster Theory". It is pretty crazy, but we did something very similar with the Grinch way back when. The big difference for this one is the fact we have other images, not just the same background, to compare it to.

Also, it's kind of funny having something similar to the box leak (Poster) and the Ken leak (CacoMallow)...what a time for speculation!!

Last edited:

JoscarGamma

Smash Apprentice
I’m looking forward to Thursday. After waiting for so long, I just want to know who it is already. I posted a while back that I’m only anticipating 1 character reveal, that way if there is a double or triple reveal it will be even more exciting. Damn, Thursday can’t come any sooner

D

Deleted member

Just imagine how insane the Smash fanbase would be if this were officially the final character for Smash Ultimate.

RageCage271

Smash Cadet
Bout time! This news just made my day! And I don't work on that day either! So ready for it! I'll be holding my breath though...

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
True, but remember that Terry wasn't transitioning into a brand new fighter's pass. Plus we all grossly underestimated how much of an SNK fanboy Sakurai is. Also, the Ken/Incineroar/Plant triple reveal came in a 40 minute direct, so I don't see how five minutes would cut us down to one reveal.
This is Sakurai we are talking about it. The chances of another history lesson isn¨t exactly impossible because he is a big fan of more than just one videogame franchise.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Do we really need to keep going back and forth on whether or not a double/triple reveal is possible? Like, we have less than 2 days until the presentation, we'll know soon enough.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Fatman, you said that all 4 of your contacts believe it’s going to be a Western character. 3 contacts believe it is Bethesda, and of those three, 2 believe (I’m assuming) that it’s Doomguy. The fourth believes it’s Master Chief.

The artifacting from the poster is basically putting it into a position where it’s one of the two. You said that Master Chief only started entering insider convos around the end of the year whole Doomguy really hasn’t been heard while Dovahkiin has (Steve hiding Banjo vibes?).

Aside from Master Chief repeating companies In the FP (which is a fan rule for all intents and purposes and could possibly be broken), is there anything going for him here to where it’s possible that he could possibly be the character?

Regardless though, I don’t quite understand why Nintendo didn’t reveal them at the VGAs if it’s Doomguy, Dovahkiin or Master Chief. It would have been even more prudent than Joker to show a popular Western character as a Western event and especially if Chief would have made a huge impact. The timeline of FP5 likely being ready to reveal in November would have let them show up, so I don’t get it, but whatever

TriggerX

Smash Ace
So my fear this whole doomguy leak being real is that Geno ends up as a costume again.
Unless the two trailers for the characters vastly different from one another, I feel like it would be highly unlikely these two would be revealed in the same trailer.( which could very well be possible like Banjo and Hero)
Maybe Doomslayer and Dante could work cohesively as one trailer because the whole demon thing, but idk just not picturing Geno.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Do we really need to keep going back and forth on whether or not a double/triple reveal is possible? Like, we have less than 2 days until the presentation, we'll know soon enough.
Yes because when it comes to Smash speculation the fun never ends and we can't take our minds off of Smash.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
If the character is a Western character, my theory on why it missed the VGAs is because it's a character that has decent global appeal and not situationally Western. Sakurai has mentioned in the past that he tries to avoid characters that are too Japanese centric but, obviously, Nintendo is a Japanese company so it can't flat out ignore Japanese gamers either. Either way, the base appeal of Japanese gamers kind of takes priority so it's unlikely we'll ever see someone who is a literal who to Japanese audiences just as Sakurai seems to avoid literal whos for Western audiences. At the end of the day, the character still has to sell and it's probably hard to convince a Japanese company to greenlight characters if Japanese gamers don't care about them.

Last edited:

Nopote

Smash Apprentice
Fatman, you said that all 4 of your contacts believe it’s going to be a Western character. 3 contacts believe it is Bethesda, and of those three, 2 believe (I’m assuming) that it’s Doomguy. The fourth believes it’s Master Chief.

The artifacting from the poster is basically putting it into a position where it’s one of the two. You said that Master Chief only started entering insider convos around the end of the year whole Doomguy really hasn’t been heard while Dovahkiin has (Steve hiding Banjo vibes?).

Aside from Master Chief repeating companies In the FP (which is a fan rule for all intents and purposes and could possibly be broken), is there anything going for him here to where it’s possible that he could possibly be the character?

Regardless though, I don’t quite understand why Nintendo didn’t reveal them at the VGAs if it’s Doomguy, Dovahkiin or Master Chief. It would have been even more prudent than Joker to show a popular Western character as a Western event and especially if Chief would have made a huge impact. The timeline of FP5 likely being ready to reveal in November would have let them show up, so I don’t get it, but whatever
I think one of them actually speculated it to be a Fallout character.

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
-MFW CacoMallow is real and G*meF*qs gets high key salty

84D174B0-B16D-45A7-B555-5E6D86E1DC19.jpeg

Also sorry for the crappy quality, this was done on my phone in a hurry.

Nopote

Smash Apprentice
If the character is a Western character, my theory on why it missed the VGAs is because it's a character that has decent global appeal and not situationally Western. Sakurai has mentioned in the past that he tries to avoid characters that too Japanese centric but, obviously, Nintendo is a Japanese company so it can't flat out ignore Japanese gamers either. Either way, the base appeal of Japanese gamers kind of takes priority so it's unlikely we'll ever see someone who is a literal who to Japanese audiences just as Sakurai seems to avoid literal whos for Western audiences. At the end of day, the character still has to sell and it's probably hard to convince a Japanese company to greenlight characters if Japanese gamers don't care about them.
The next two days are gonna be interesting, if nothing else.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Good lord y'all move fast haha. So the interesting thing is this new "Poster Theory".
Is that what we're calling it? I thought we'd call it comething like "Sakurai Theory" or "Pixel Theory".

Just caught up with the thread. Looks like I missed a bit when I took a nap
Yeah, that tends to happen. You may want to stop sleeping from now on.

So my fear this whole doomguy leak being real is that Geno ends up as a costume again.
I don't really see why that'd be. While we've heard of the Mallow Hat/Costume and a Smithy Costume/Hat, we've yet to hear anything about the Geno Costume from anyone. I mean, even the Chocobo Hat was mentioned in the Mii Costume List.

-MFW CacoMallow is real and G*meF*qs gets high key salty

View attachment 257426
Also sorry for the crappy quality, this was done on my phone in a hurry.
Why do people feel the need to censor non-offensive words like that? Just say GameFAQs, stop being dumb.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
I was just making a meme.
I know! It was funny (I liked the post even), I was making a joke too about us summoning wynn since we talk about him! Sorry if I didn't make it obvious my dude

I will say, this time people are being rather civil about it. Perhaps mods won’t need to get involved if everyone continues to be decent towards eachother like they are right now
Sure, but I just don't want to take any chances (it is calm now though). I just didn't want to take any chances and have the mods come in here and tell us themselves to stop because I know that gets irritating to some.

Im just trying to make things right on my end but I understand, sorry
Oh no no no, your message to me was fine (I even liked the message)! I was speaking in more broad terms, not at you specifically

Last edited:

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
Why do people feel the need to censor non-offensive words like that? Just say GameFAQs, stop being dumb.
I’m pretty sure that it started off as a thing to prevent results from coming up in searches, like searching for GameFaqs would turn up different results than having the asterisks in there so they wouldn’t get troll responses if the OP was being negative about the subject in question.

Also, I think it’s kind of funny in some weird, non-humor way. So sorry if that offends you, M*sterM*ke. ;)

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I’m pretty sure that it started off as a thing to prevent results from coming up in searches, like searching for GameFaqs would turn up different results than having the asterisks in there so they wouldn’t get troll responses if the OP was being negative about the subject in question.

Also, I think it’s kind of funny in some weird, non-humor way. So sorry if that offends you, M*sterM*ke. ;)
AHHHH MY EYES

CranberryBreve

Smash Rookie
Three question marks....Sakurai holding up three fingers.... hmmmm.... does this mean three character reveals?

Firox

Smash Master
This is Sakurai we are talking about it. The chances of another history lesson isn¨t exactly impossible because he is a big fan of more than just one videogame franchise.
Maybe, but the "It's Sakurai" excuse could just as easily be applied to the Ken/Incineroar/Plant triple reveal as well. Granted, he's unpredictable, but there's still more logic in favor of a double reveal than a single. If you refuse to accept that, then it's up to you.

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
Half of your posts here are off-topic stuff about other characters than Geno and the other half are things like this regarding hypothetical situations where people who support could be toxic or have some sort of emotional response. Why spend your free time engaging in a thread for a character you do not want and with people you think are potentially problematic? I just don’t get it. It’s borderline concern trolling.
No It's call, understanding and having the soical awareness that your character fandom can be promblematic and emotionally charged

(Espically since 2 of y'all went of a tyrant about Sora)

So trying to calm them down and telling them to hype responsibly / not attack other SE fans, isn't """"concern trolling""""""

D

Deleted member

Has my favourite Smashboard member and generally good dude AdamBell731 posted anything yet? Sure he'll be happy about the news.

Always enjoy his posts too.

Anyway glad this ride is almost over for now.

Also I see Sakurai is holding up a three and not dabbing Huh? Interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:

T2by4

Smash Lord
2c2.jpg

Reminder that doombros are best bros. If they get in and they get that demon costume, then our chances of winning skyrocket. Im personally doubting that it'll be them and that if we do get a bethesda rep it'll be dragonborn, but if it's doomguy we all raid their thread and gratz them.

Firox

Smash Master
We need a meme up in here with the Count from Sesame Street wearing a Geno hat.

"Three! Three character reveals, ah ah ah!"

CranberryBreve

Smash Rookie
I could see this going like the following:

Thursday pack 5 is revealed and Sakurai talks about that character for most of the direct. Mentions that this character will be releasing Today.... then acknowledges that although this is the end of the pass, they have a surprise bonus character to show which will be released in February.

Then, in February we get a Nintendo direct which announces the first character of the next pack and releases the #6 bonus character.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Maybe, but the "It's Sakurai" excuse could just as easily be applied to the Ken/Incineroar/Plant triple reveal as well. Granted, he's unpredictable, but there's still more logic in favor of a double reveal than a single. If you refuse to accept that, then it's up to you.
I¨m not disregarding the chance of them revealing more than one character. I¨m just questioning you're "Yeah I think not" part, as if it is obvious that we are getting more than one, when it really isn¨t, especially with the Terry presentation in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom