• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

If the Mii costume guy is right getting Mallow and Smithy and Geno was still a costume all along, then I find it odd that Geno wasn’t on the list in the first place.

Last edited by a moderator:

Antho

Smash Apprentice
I did forget about Sakurai's E3 comment. Good point. I did want to say that a double reveal is possible, but I'm not leaning on that too much. That's what I meant to say. It's just that with the direct announcement and the speculation with the colors around Sakurai has made my brain jumbled and my mind is racing.
Fair enough, then. I’m mostly leading towards two fighters but I know that only one fighter is a possibility.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
I do agree that we should hype responsibly, but I think Doom Slayer is a weird case. I mean, when it comes to speculation, Doom Slayers popularity is relatively new and likely nonexistent in Japan Smash wise.
Not to mention, Doomslayer's popularity was nowhere near where it is now until after the fighter pass was already decided. Like, I rarely heard his name come up when talking about base game, but afterwards he began making waves.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
So let's pointlessly predict how this presentation will break down time wise (and later marvel over how wrong these predictions were!):

It will have an:

Intro
Character trailer
Character history
Moveset showcase
Miscellaneous character discussion (alt colors, etc)
Spirit board
Mii costumes
Character release
Fighter pass summerary/retrospect
Amiibo update
Conclusion

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Half of your posts here are off-topic stuff about other characters than Geno and the other half are things like this regarding hypothetical situations where people who support could be toxic or have some sort of emotional response. Why spend your free time engaging in a thread for a character you do not want and with people you think are potentially problematic? I just don’t get it. It’s borderline concern trolling.
jesus ****ing christ is it bad to think about the other situation that may or may not happen in here or what?

Last edited:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
So let's pointlessly predict how this presentation will break down time wise (and later marvel over how wrong these predictions were!):

It will have an:

Intro
Character trailer
Character history
Moveset showcase
Spirit board
Mii costumes
Character release
Amiibo update
Conclusion
Well, I think the very first thing will be the character reveal trailer, before we even see Sakurai

Firox

Smash Master
That is true.

But consider how else Nintendo is going to advertise the next wave of DLC. If the character is released the same day (doubtful) he would need to end with something that keeps fans on their seat as well as expectations on the next set.
This is a really good point. To anyone doubting that we'll get at least a double reveal, consider this:

A) 35 minutes dedicated solely to one character reveal/gameplay showcase when it only takes 1-3 minutes for a second reveal at the end of a Smash specific direct? Yeah, I think not.

B) You honestly think that they won't give at least an announcement of Fighter Pass 2 sometime during the direct? C'mon, it's guaranteed. And what better way to hype people into buying the next mystery box than to reveal the first pack of the new set?

C) Given the current development cycle as we know it, fighter #6 has to be almost done by now. If Terry can get revealed with nothing but a splash screen, I don't see any logical reason to hold back on 6.

I predict that 5 will be released same-day on Thursday while 6 will take at least 2-4 weeks so as to make time for the devs to potentially balance out 5.

D

Deleted member

Because it's not SE's decision to make. And SE isn't releasing them, Nintendo is. Nintendo is just giving them money to use their properties, after that Nintendo can release or present however and whenever they want.
You know, just to throw it out there, you've told people they have no way of knowing if SE only wants SE properties to come with SE characters, but likewise, you have no way of knowing if it isn't SE's decision to make regarding the Mii costumes. It takes two to tango, the use of their properties is at their discretion and I think it's not too far fetched to say that for a company that provided 0 spirits for the base game aside from Cloud's two outfits (using his Smash Ultimate render, no less), they call the shots for what of theirs gets added and when it gets added.

This isn't to argue the possibility of Geno or Chocobo showing up with non-SE characters but SE has surely proven that they have sway over their own properties and when they're represented in Smash.

View attachment 257402

Historically, final Smash reveals have been kind of flat notes to the general Smash fanbase. I seriously don't think they would have mentioned extra characters back in September if the Fighter's Pass was going to end on a super popular character. It's kind of a cliche at this point but hype responsibly.
So you're saying you don't believe in Doom Guy. Honestly I don't really consider him a "super popular character", but neither is Dragonborn, in the context of Smash speculation.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
View attachment 257402

Historically, final Smash reveals have been kind of flat notes to the general Smash fanbase. I seriously don't think they would have mentioned extra characters back in September if the Fighter's Pass was going to end on a super popular character. It's kind of a cliche at this point but hype responsibly.
You mean like how FPS games, like Doom, don't do well in Japan?
BIG HMMMMMMMMMMMM

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Not to mention, Doomslayer's popularity was nowhere near where it is now until after the fighter pass was already decided. Like, I rarely heard his name come up when talking about base game, but afterwards he began making waves.
Pretty much. In some alternate reality, he may have been seen as a similarly unpopular, yet still gaming important character like Terry is.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I will say that my disdain for Sora has nothing to do with Geno at all. I just genuinely do not like Kingdom Hearts, and I played every game in the series. Why did I play every KH game? I wanted to justify my ****talking to the series and I guess I'm a bit of a pseudo-masochist too.

All in all, I'm not gonna be mad if Sora gets in but there's other reasons to dislike the fanbase that is completely unrelated to Smash.
For me, it is just past personal experiences with how resentful majority if that community has been towards myself and other fans of Geno and the other half of it is how Disney's is such a terrible company to work with.

I am not afraid to show how much I despise the idea of Sora in Smash Bros but I come from a place where I will only bite back in the event they attempt to start something. It's the toxic mouthbreathers like Tomasagaz14 Tomasagaz14 who give Sora that unfortunate image to me.

Thankfully there is a lot more positive cross over here where we can all get along. Even those some aren't fans of Geno, they are still very civil and open to the idea. Exactly how it should be.

Tl;dr: It's valid to like/dislike the idea of Geno, Sora or both in Smash Bros. Just don't attack the good guys for thinking differently than you. That's how I go about it.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
The Mii Costume list is the only leak i've ever seen that people doubt it with a "the leaker could have lied to us", of all the text leaks that have ever happened, why should we start questioning something so silly just now?

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
A) 35 minutes dedicated solely to one character reveal/gameplay showcase when it only takes 1-3 minutes for a second reveal at the end of a Smash specific direct? Yeah, I think not.
People said the same thing about Terrys presentation and look what happened

Antho

Smash Apprentice

It will have an:

Intro
Character trailer
Character history
Moveset showcase
Spirit board
Mii costumes
Character release
Amiibo update
Conclusion
Here’s how I see it going:
Fighter #5 Reveal (2-3 minutes)
Sakurai Introduction (1 minute)
Character Overview (Moves, Stage, Music, Spirits, Mii Costumes (20 minutes))
the character happens to release that same day
Sakurai talks about how the fighter’s pass was successful and decided to make a second one, explaining how it will be different from the first one possibly (7-8 minutes)
then near the end a teaser/reveal for #6 (2-3 minutes)

RuffyYoshi

Smash Journeyman

It will have an:

Intro
Character trailer
Character history
Moveset showcase
Spirit board
Mii costumes
Character release
Amiibo update
Conclusion
I want Sakurai to do a cartwheel.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
jesus ****ing christ is it bad to think about the other situation that may or may not happen in here or what?
I think people are pretty aware by now about that possibility and it’s just weird that, again, half of the stuff you post here is about us being toxic, sad, etc. if Geno doesn’t get in just because people are hopeful about it happening. Imagine if that’s what someone did in a Sora or Dante thread. It would get pretty old and seem pretty weird. People would wonder “Why does this person keep posting here if they don’t like the character and thinks everyone here who supports said character is emotionally unstable”?

D

Deleted member

They specifically went out of their way to tell us that the abnormally long Terry presentation was purely about Terry and we have gotten no such warning this time around.

The Mii Costume list is the only leak i've ever seen that people doubt it with a "the leaker could have lied to us", of all the text leaks that have ever happened, why should we start questioning something so silly just now?
Because the fact that it's been absolutely correct aside for really obvious standouts that are super good for us is reason enough to be extremely suspicious of it. It's the kind of thing you throw in just to **** around with the most abused fanbase in Smash.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Anyway, we'll see what happens on the 16th, weather it be a geno costume or a playable one, you will have Geno. I know some may not like the costume idea of Geno but if,IF, that does happen, I hope its a nice looking costume that does yall justice and if its a playae Geno then congraz

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Toxic is one of my favorite moves in pokemon. Venusaur rose to be one of my favorite starters because of it. Toxic Leech Seed Gen 1 baby.

Firox

Smash Master
True, but remember that Terry wasn't transitioning into a brand new fighter's pass. Plus we all grossly underestimated how much of an SNK fanboy Sakurai is. Also, the Ken/Incineroar/Plant triple reveal came in a 40 minute direct, so I don't see how five minutes would cut us down to one reveal.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Whatever happens, dont say -blank- took Genos spot if Geno doesn't make it in. And if by some odd chance, Sora gets in, dont be pissed. It isnt a war between SE characters
Even if I don't agree with you on a variety of stuff, this is a good point right here ^^^
I love how you and I are like the "wynn Defense Force" but we keep saying things that make it seem like we're trying to summon him back

Tl;dr: It's valid to like/dislike the idea of Geno, Sora or both in Smash Bros. Just don't attack the good guys for thinking differently than you. That's how I go about it.
*cough*

Disclaimer: The following response isn't directed at you specifically SSGuy, I use "you" in a broad sense.

This (what SSGuy said above) is what I was trying to say earlier. I have literally never said you can't be dissatisfied with a character, yet people misconstrue my words when I'm just trying to avoid mudslinging. You can not want a character, but if you make a point to always make a thing about it whenever the character is brought up, and/or you lump in their fans and marginalize them... well, then that's where you need to stop.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
This is a really good point. To anyone doubting that we'll get at least a double reveal, consider this:

B) You honestly think that they won't give at least an announcement of Fighter Pass 2 sometime during the direct? C'mon, it's guaranteed. And what better way to hype people into buying the next mystery box than to reveal the first pack of the new set?

C) Given the current development cycle as we know it, fighter #6 has to be almost done by now. If Terry can get revealed with nothing but a splash screen, I don't see any logical reason to hold back on 6.

I predict that 5 will be released same-day on Thursday while 6 will take at least 2-4 weeks so as to make time for the devs to potentially balance out 5.
Excellent points.

To believe or not to believe. This is why I love this thread. We keep each other in check. I want there to be a double reveal, but I'm just trying to protect myself from disappointment.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
but I....never said that any of you were... and If I did in any way, I didnt even mean it.
When you feel the need to keep reminding people that you’re concerned they are going to complain about x character getting in over Geno and recommending people to have little to no investment in the idea that Geno could be coming it reads like nothing other than you think people here are incapable of handling their own emotions in a responsible way.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Any ongoing arguments between specific users I would advise to stop. I know some users hate being told what to do, but I'm just offering the advice since mods are gonna do so anyway...

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Well, when they did the Terry Direct, Sakurai (I think it was him) went out of his way to let people know that there wouldn't be any other big reveals. So far, we haven't heard anything like that for this...
GenoThinking.png

I love how you and I are like the "wynn Defense Force" but we keep saying things that make it seem like we're trying to summon him back.
I was just making a meme.

Never change PsychoIncarnate, never change...
Except for the typo in the thread name, that needs to be fixed. Get on that!

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
When you feel the need to keep reminding people that you’re concerned they are going to complain about x character getting in over Geno and recommending people to have little to no investment in the idea that Geno could be coming it reads like nothing other than you think people here are incapable of handling their own emotions in a responsible way.
Thats more about me talking about me, not me talking about the Geno fanbase. . and Im sorry if I did in any way, stupid mistake on my part.

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
Any ongoing arguments between specific users I would advise to stop. I know some users hate being told what to do, but I'm just offering the advice since mods are gonna do so anyway...
I will say, this time people are being rather civil about it. Perhaps mods won’t need to get involved if everyone continues to be decent towards eachother like they are right now

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
Because the fact that it's been absolutely correct aside for really obvious standouts that are super good for us is reason enough to be extremely suspicious of it. It's the kind of thing you throw in just to **** around with the most abused fanbase in Smash.
I respect your opinion my friend but i disagree, i understand being cautious to not get dissapointed with a ****ing costume like last time but aside from Fatman's statements this leak might be the second best thing that has happened to our chances. so i don't think we should judge it like "it's too good to be true" when we never did the same thing to any other leak that i know of

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom