• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Alright, let me put it like this then: there's a difference between collaborating with a rival company to put a single character and some pieces of the ip in the game vs a crap ton of stuff you own to your rival company.

Also, really? Coexisting just fine? That's imbecilic logic. They may be collaborating more often but they're still two seperate companies that want to make money. You wouldn't just hand over your property and say "do whatever you want with it," then have someone sell your stuff without anything in return, surely.

I think the whole Doom Slayer with SMRPG costumes idea is stupid because it doesn't make any sense in terms past fighters, patterns, common sense, and basic business. God help me

D

Deleted member

Then tell me, with who could geno get revealed then.
Anyone. I mean, I hope it's not the case because I want Geno playable, but yes, anyone.

Again, the 3rd parties aren't going to make the decisions how Nintendo will release the costumes and present them so long as they are compensated. It's Nintendo's product at the end of the day. Akira from Virtua Fighter came with Terry. Virtua Fighter is owned by SEGA but Akira didn't come with Joker. There's no set rules of how they are playing this out, so don't make up rules for them.

Last edited by a moderator:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I don't really see the difference between analyzing the pixels from the bad cropping of Sakurai to being any different to what we did at the Grinch Leak with Isaac and that didn't exactly turn out well (Although maybe the Green we saw was Piranha Plant?)
His neck does stick out far enough to Ike so it could have been plant all along.

Attachments

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I think the green pixels next to Olimar and Mac ended up being some sort of compression thing; I think there was another image someone had where it was the same thing but not as low-quality and the green pixels weren’t there.

edit: yeah, they definitely weren’t from Plant, as it’s not in the same spot as that cut was.

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Alright, let me put it like this then: there's a difference between collaborating with a rival company to put a single character and some pieces of the ip in the game vs a crap ton of stuff you own to your rival company.

Also, really? Coexisting just fine? That's imbecilic logic. They may be collaborating more often but they're still two seperate companies that want to make money. You wouldn't just hand over your property and say "do whatever you want with it," then have someone sell your stuff without anything in return, surely.

I think the whole Doom Slayer with SMRPG costumes idea is stupid because it doesn't make any sense in terms past fighters, patterns, common sense, and basic business. God help me
Yes, because giving us Banjo Kazooie Mii Costumes like a Mumbo Swordfighter or Klungo Brawlerr would be such a big deal compared to be given access to a stage, music and the character himself. Sorry, but you are just making the same poor excuse like the folks who said Banjo would not arrive.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You really don't need to resort to insults by saying "imbecilic logic" dude. It's really ****ing childish so chill. I don't know why your getting so defensive but you should just take it easy. It's only a civil discussion.

Yes, Microsoft and Nintendo are coexisting just fine. Are they competitors? Sure. Rivals? No. You're using that term very loosely. Microsoft focuses on other things like PCs, tablets or operating systems while Nintendo is exclusively video games. Apple is a rival to Microsoft because Apple wants to drive Microsoft off the market. The relationship between Microsoft and Nintendo are not like this at all. If they really were "rivals" then we wouldn't have Banjo and Kazooie right now. They're not enemies.

D

Deleted member

Yes, because giving us Banjo Kazooie Mii Costumes like a Mumbo Swordfighter, Klungo Brawlerr would be such a big deal compared to be given access to a stage, music and the character himself. Sorry, but you are just making the same poor excuse like the folks who said Banjo would arrive to the game.
Speaking of Banjo costumes, how come there were none?

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
You're right. My apologies. It is rather childish, so I'm sorry.

However, I REFUSE to be told that I'm using the same logic as the people who said Banjo couldn't make it when I was one of the ones who cried out for him to be in Smash since E3 2018! I refuse to be associated with the streotypical radical 4channer.

Last edited:

Heoj

Smash Ace
I feel like comparing this sakurai background colour thing with what we did during the grinch leak is unfair because to be fair looking back we were stretching so much we looked like mr.fantastic, however with this were not simply staring at pixels and going with a bunch or "what ifs", it's more like adding this into everything weve gathered up to this point and essentially making an even stronger argument.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
1. There's no reason to throw around names/insults (even if being called a cabbage is more joking) and lessen the point you're trying to make.
2. Yes, you are allowed to not want a character, that wasn't even my point. You misconstrued my point. (And I'm not even a personal Sora fan, I've never played Kingdom Hearts.) My point clearly wasn't about not wanting Sora, it was about dogging on him and his fans. You can not want a character, but sorry dude, if you saw someone calling Geno evil when the surrounding discussion clearly was about disliking Sora's fans and gatekeeping him, then yeah, I think you'd be ticked off too. What you did absolutely wasn't the worst thing in the world (even compared to the things other people said in this thread), but if the anti-discussion was on Geno, you'd be upset. That's how it goes; if the dislike was against the character you wanted (you in broad terms), then you wouldn't like the anti-discussion (again, "you" in broad terms). Once more, I'm not even a Sora fan lol, so you don't need to call me names (albeit a sillier one) for a point I wasn't even making.
I was making a joking reference to Talladega nights. That's not even close to dogging Sora and his fans. You're seeing things that simply aren't there. I've got absolutely zero problems with either of them.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Do I work at Nintendo or Microsoft? No... all I¨m saying is that the argument of "Banjo costume never arrived because Microsoft is a rival" is the stupidest thing ever concidering we got a stage, music and the most important of them all, the character itself from a "rival company". The same company that is rumored to port over Rare Replay, but more importantly Master Chief collection to Switch... and if that's the cause... why the heck would they draw the line with simple Mii Costumes? Are you telling me that they are more protective of the Banjo Kazooie IP than their actual mascot?

Last edited:

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
We cool, dog.

I guess we cannot be friends then. Not like I'll lose any sleep over it so it's whatever. Sorry, Anon.
I fixed it. Evidently you took it the wrong way. I was in no way implying you were one or trying to be insensitive to people who browse 4chan.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I'm not seeing a triple or even double reveal. Both Nintendo and Sakurai's tweets imply there will only be one character announced (FP5). And don't say that they could be lying. People (including me) were calling Nintendo's bluff when they said to not expect a character announcement during Terry's presentation and we took that L. Yes that was a different situation, they did not straight up say there is going to be no further announcements for this upcoming broadcast, but I'm going to take the safe route and say there is only going to be one character announced. I'm not taking the L again.

D

Deleted member

Do I work at Nintendo or Microsoft? No... all I¨m saying is that the argument of "Banjo costume never arrived because Microsoft is a rival" is the stupidest thing ever concidering we got a stage, music and the most important of them all, the character itself from a "rival company". The same company that is rumored to port over Rare Replay, but more importantly Master Chief collection to Switch... and if that's the cause... why the heck would they draw the line with simple Mii Costumes? Are you telling me that they are more protective of the Banjo Kazooie IP than their actual mascot?
Uh no.... I wasn’t talking about the argument... I was just asking why they possibly wouldn’t add Mii costumes...

D

Deleted member

I fixed it. Evidently you took it the wrong way. I was in no way implying you were one or trying to be insensitive to people who browse 4chan.
So there's hope for us then, eh? Even if I do visit 4chan daily? I'll get to work on our BFF bracelets!

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
So, after so much time of fighting, getting the thread closed twice, banned people, trolling, in-fighting, speculation, and theories about who will be the next Fighter in the pass & when a direct will happen (hehe, more on this fact seems like, lol), we got a presentation.

Not a general direct but a smash presentation which is what to be fair most people here wanted in the first place at this point.

It's something. And also, I figured people would look into the image and words used in the Twitter/Facebook post as always but oh well, it's just a normality at this point.

If we do look into it, Sakurai holds three fingers but seeing as a lot of characters and developers do that, it may not mean anything. And about the color in the image. God. It may also not mean anything but my heart is with Doomguy/Doom Slayer as a reveal due to the brown/greenish color but I won't raise my hope too high.

It could go either way, so be expectant of anything, folks.

BTW, don't fight among each other as we're so CLOSE to learning who FP5, and potentially an extra if fate goes right, so just hang on, guys~!

(PS. Seems like Smash devs want their presentations so early in the morning. Why Sakurai? I have work in the afternoon~ Oh well, I'll watch it after waking up and before I go to work, I guess.)

:bowser::starman:.

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
Not trying to step on anyone’s toes here, but why would Square Enix wait to release Geno’s mii costume to go alongside Doom Slayer and not Hero? Hero only came with 4 costumes so it’s not like there wasn’t enough room.

Everyone needs to calm down. Geno’s looking really good right now, no need to try and come up with excuses for why one of the worst possible outcomes will happen.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
No.. I wasn’t talking about the argument... I was just asking why they possibly wouldn’t add Mii costumes...
Honestly, the only thing I can think of is that Nintendo was not interested in grabbing some Microsoft characters for Mii Costume or they come later,, either with Master Chief/Steve from Minecraft or some other random character.

Not trying to step on anyone’s toes here, but why would Square Enix wait to release Geno’s mii costume to go alongside Doom Slayer and not Hero? Hero only came with 4 costumes so it’s not like there wasn’t enough room.
Wanting to have the presentation be purely on Dragon Quest since they promote the hell out of it

Last edited:

OffBi

Smash Ace

Everyone needs to calm down. Geno’s looking really good right now, no need to try and come up with excuses for why one of the worst possible outcomes will happen.
THANK YOU

Antho

Smash Apprentice
I'm not seeing a triple or even double reveal. Both Nintendo and Sakurai's tweets imply there will only be one character announced (FP5). And don't say that they could be lying. People (including me) were calling Nintendo's bluff when they said to not expect a character announcement during Terry's presentation and we took that L. Yes that was a different situation, they did not straight up say there is going to be no further announcements for this upcoming broadcast, but I'm going to take the safe route and say there is only going to be one character announced. I'm not taking the L again.
Remember when Sakurai said we'd get a singular "fighter" at E3 last year? And then we ended up getting two? Anything is possible, and I don't think they'd spend 35 minutes alone on one character again, since Terry's presentation was meant to also be a SNK History lesson.

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
That is true.

But consider how else Nintendo is going to advertise the next wave of DLC. If the character is released the same day (doubtful) he would need to end with something that keeps fans on their seat as well as expectations on the next set.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Because it's not SE's decision to make. And SE isn't releasing them, Nintendo is. Nintendo is just giving them money to use their properties, after that Nintendo can release or present however and whenever they want.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace

Thank you, I mean this completely non-sarcastically when I say that I really wanted someone to tell me that I was dumb and overthinking things, it gives me some peace of mind

Also, yeah, if anything, I could see Square be more ornery about wanting all their content released with characters from their own characters, rather than them only wanting one series shown off in the Hero presentation.

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
Wanting to have the presentation be purely on Dragon Quest since they promote the hell out of it
I dunno, it seems like an odd move to rerelease the Geno mii costume alongside a character from a completely different company. But hey, who knows I guess.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I dunno, it seems like an odd move to rerelease the Geno mii costume alongside a character from a completely different company. But hey, who knows I guess.
Having Geno as a Mii Costume would (concidering how demanded he is) steal the spotlight from Hero if they were to introduce him, so it does make sense. Have the character being someone like Sepiroth, then that would have been a different story since they would not the same exposure to Final Fantasy 7 here in the west as they needed for Dragon Quest

There is a reason why articles like these were written two years ago
https://www.videogamer.com/news/dra...western-sales-for-new-entries-to-be-localised

Last edited:

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Might actually have something.

Firstly, I went back to the Terry and Banjo presentations and sure enough you can clearly see the colors of the posters behind him.

Can clearly see the blue on his shoulder, brown on his arm, red and yellow in his hair, ect, it matches where he is in relation to the poster in the video.

Image posting isn't working, but its even more obviois here, don't even need to zoom in to see the blue and red on him from the poster.

Now look at this.
https://imgur.com/8FjAS8A
Left Edge of his Hair, all DARK GREEN. ARMOR TINTS. (Smashboards this is literally the WORST time to break image posting PLEASE)

Is this the dumbest most crackpot theory ever? Maybe, but damn I'm a believer.
IS THIS THE DUMBEST MOST CRACKPOT THEORY EVERY? MAYBE, BUT DAMN I'M A BELIEVER.
Dude, this is very interesting. The Dark Green Armor probably leans more Doomslayer(which is more likely than Chief) and could explain the Mii Costumes. I am thinking a Doomslayer(or Chief...) reveal, then Geno(or Waluigi...) as a bonus DLC character for a new Fighter Pack DLC. Doubtful on a "Here is the first character from Season 2" but that would be nice too.

So, prediction for me at this moment? Doomslayer/Chief as FP5, Geno/Waluigi as Bonus for Season 2 shown. Mii Costumes from the Cacomallow(sp?) Leak.

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
Whatever happens, dont say -blank- took Genos spot if Geno doesn't make it in. And if my some odd chance, Sora gets in, dont be pissed. It isnt a war between SE characters
I agree, if the worst comes to pass and Sora gets added or something, that in no way shape or form counts us out of the running. It’s not over until the Sakurai sings (and by singing I mean officially ending the DLC cycle).

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I don't really see the difference between analyzing the pixels from the bad cropping of Sakurai to being any different to what we did at the Grinch Leak with Isaac and that didn't exactly turn out well (Although maybe the Green we saw was Piranha Plant?)
The difference is that we have a clear image from an official source to base this off of. In the case of the possible green pixels near where Isaac would've been on the banner art of the Grinch Rumor, it was revealed to be artifacting from posting images to 4chan. Also, looking back at the other thumbnails with Sakurai, you'll find this same thing with regards to the other characters, Banjo and Hero.

Occam's Razor: They simply didn't ask for any. Or perhaps there were complications during the liscencing process. Honestly, we have no idea, and we'll probably never know.

You say that, but...
WynnItsMyTimeToShine.png

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Having Geno as a Mii Costume would (concidering how demanded he is) steal the spotlight from Hero if they were to introduce him, so it does make sense. Have the character being someone like Sepiroth, then that would have been a different story since they would not the same exposure to Final Fantasy 7 here in the west as they needed for Dragon Quest
I keep seeing this brought up but I doubt it would have. At the time, I remember it being regarded as almost inevitable that Geno was coming as a costume with Hero. I really doubt many people would have been surprised or even cared that Geno's costume came with Hero.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Remember when Sakurai said we'd get a singular "fighter" at E3 last year? And then we ended up getting two? Anything is possible, and I don't think they'd spend 35 minutes alone on one character again, since Terry's presentation was meant to also be a SNK History lesson.
That is true.

But consider how else Nintendo is going to advertise the next wave of DLC. If the character is released the same day (doubtful) he would need to end with something that keeps fans on their seat as well as expectations on the next set.
I did forget about Sakurai's E3 comment. Good point. I did want to say that a double reveal is possible, but I'm not leaning on that too much. That's what I meant to say. It's just that with the direct announcement and the speculation with the colors around Sakurai has made my brain jumbled and my mind is racing.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
DRYYGcWV4AAF2E4.jpg

Historically, final Smash reveals have been kind of flat notes to the general Smash fanbase. I seriously don't think they would have mentioned extra characters back in September if the Fighter's Pass was going to end on a super popular character. It's kind of a cliche at this point but hype responsibly.

D

Deleted member

Whatever happens, dont say -blank- took Genos spot if Geno doesn't make it in. And if my some odd chance, Sora gets in, dont be pissed. It isnt a war between SE characters
I will say that my disdain for Sora has nothing to do with Geno at all. I just genuinely do not like Kingdom Hearts, and I played every game in the series. Why did I play every KH game? I wanted to justify my ****talking to the series and I guess I'm a bit of a pseudo-masochist too.

All in all, I'm not gonna be mad if Sora gets in but there's other reasons to dislike the fanbase that is completely unrelated to Smash.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I will say that my disdain for Sora has nothing to do with Geno at all. I just genuinely do not like Kingdom Hearts, and I played every game in the series. Why did I play every KH game? I wanted to justify my ****talking to the series and I guess I'm a bit of a pseudo-masochist too.

All in all, I'm not gonna be mad if Sora gets in but there's other reasons to dislike the fanbase that is completely unrelated to Smash.
I love ya, but playing the games just to be able to **** talk isnt good pf

Im not sure what the sora fanbase did to make you hate them tbh

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
View attachment 257402

Historically, final Smash reveals have been kind of flat notes to the general Smash fanbase. I seriously don't think they would have mentioned extra characters back in September if the Fighter's Pass was going to end on a super popular character. It's kind of a cliche at this point but hype responsibly.
I do agree that we should hype responsibly, but I think Doom Slayer is a weird case. I mean, when it comes to speculation, Doom Slayers popularity is relatively new and likely nonexistent in Japan Smash wise.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Half of your posts here are off-topic stuff about other characters than Geno and the other half are things like this regarding hypothetical situations where people who support could be toxic or have some sort of emotional response. Why spend your free time engaging in a thread for a character you do not want and with people you think are potentially problematic? I just don’t get it. It’s borderline concern trolling.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom