• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Now watch as something unfortunate happens and the character leaks in an hour.
I'll take it.

Also am I the only one bugged by "an upcoming DLC character"? That seems like weird wording for Challenger Pack 5.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Well assuming we only get 5 Thursday I think at least 1 fighter for the direct is all but guaranteed. Even fatman's prediction would only tally up to 2-1.5 reveals now and 2 was what I was already predicting in the first place. Very exited to see things unfold we might be at the end here pretty soon.

Last edited:

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Hmmm... Where could the General Direct be? Seems odd to do a totally separate Smash presentation unless... There's enough Smash info to split between two presentations. This just keeps getting better and better.
So you are still confident in a double reveal at least?

I was actually just about to ask you your thoughts on this because I thought this meant we'll only get one reveal. Maybe that's ironic to think due to it now being a Smash Direct so the likelihood of another character is somewhat more plausible, but... idk man, remember the Terry Direct when people said it "couldn't be that long for one fighter"? Well, the wording implies one fighter here, so I'm not getting my hopes up.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
**** it. All in.
C0F4AE2D-E7D5-49AA-935D-67CA91055ABD.jpeg

It’s Geno. A character they’re announcing and immediately shadow dropping with no lead up. Can only mean an obscure fan favorite. ALL MY CHIPS ON THE TABLE

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Now that we are in the endgame, what are your top 5 predictions?

Dovahkiin
Doom Slayer
Arle Nadja
Travis Touchdown
Lloyd

I'm expecting Geno to be a post-pass character.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Well, given the presentation is only 35 minutes long, I suppose this likely nukes my triple reveal theory but also will provide a satisfying end to the Fighter's Pass. That general Direct has to happen at some point, doesn't it?

EditorMax

Smash Apprentice
A smash-centric direct certainly offers the chance for more than one reveal, but I won’t try and get my hopes up

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Hey everyone remember when several people **** on Fatman for saying that his source sent him a dm referencing a specific Resetera post specifically stating today at 6 AM pst as to when the next direct would be announced? I wonder how many of them are going to apologize?

spoilers: none of them are going to apologize and at most will just move goalposts

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Hey, been hiding offline for a while. Needless to say, I'm looking into this and I'm going to be honest: we're probably getting just one fighter... and possibly a Mewtwo-styled announcement. I highly doubt they'll be anything outside of that but one can imagine...

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Hey, been hiding offline for a while. Needless to say, I'm looking into this and I'm going to be honest: we're probably getting just one fighter... and possibly a Mewtwo-styled announcement. I highly doubt they'll be anything outside of that but one can imagine...
Yeah, I can imagine that, except I personally believe that Sakurai will say something about DLC coming, not announce anyone, and that is it.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace

I was actually just about to ask you your thoughts on this because I thought this meant we'll only get one reveal. Maybe that's ironic to think due to it now being a Smash Direct so the likelihood of another character is somewhat more plausible, but... idk man, remember the Terry Direct when people said it "couldn't be that long for one fighter"? Well, the wording implies one fighter here, so I'm not getting my hopes up.
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice what do you think? I know you renounced your triple reveal theory, but what about a double reveal? Your contacts say anything?

Edit: You answered right when I sent this.

Yeah, my firm prediction is only 1 Fighter. Again, for the Terry presentation people were like "it CAN'T be that long for just Terry," and it was. So I really think we ought to just expect 1 Fighter and be pleased if there is another.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Well, all my contacts have supported a double since November and I was the one that went ham to predict a triple. No worries though. I'm actually very happy about this outcome and you'll see if and when things come to pass.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I agree. He may allude to future ideas but definitely not a second reveal...
I can imagine that and see that happening.

Hey everyone remember when several people **** on Fatman for saying that his source sent him a dm referencing a specific Resetera post specifically stating today at 6 AM pst as to when the next direct would be announced? I wonder how many of them are going to apologize?

spoilers: none of them are going to apologize and at most will just move goalposts
Have they done this before? Man, those guys at ResetERA are cheap if they do that, if you ask me.

D

Deleted member

Although unlikely, I would love a second reveal with Geno. But, that is way too unlikely.

Lyncario

Smash Ace
Well. Seems like the long road to fighter 5 and the end of the fighter pass is coming to it's end. But this is not over. Only the begining of what will come next.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Well. Seems like the long road to fighter 5 and the end of the fighter pass is coming to it's end. But this is not over. Only the beginning of what will come next.
We will continue to march down Star Road until our boi makes it in. It's only a matter of time.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
My dear friends, the presentation will be 35 minutes long, which is 15 minutes longer than Hero and 10 minutes longer than Banjo. Terry's was as long as it was because of multiple history lessons and a literal Let's Play. I doubt that will happen again. Thursday should be a good day, perhaps not for Geno specifically, but a good day in general.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario

I came here to say I’m willing to give credit where credit is due. Fatman’s sources comments lined up with this announcement. I will keep an eye out for Dragonborn now.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Nintendo: *reveals when #5 will be announced*
Insiders about the character to be revealed Thursday:
smashboardsrn.jpg
"We threw out his name!":ultpacman:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
While I won't put faith in a second reveal I think there is a very good chance we get info on non fp5 things. Amiibo plans moving forward, how new dlc will be structured. It's going to be a good day.

Last edited:

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
My dear friends, the presentation will be 35 minutes long, which is 15 minutes longer than Hero and 10 minutes longer than Banjo. Terry's was as long as it was because of multiple history lessons and a literal Let's Play. I doubt that will happen again. Thursday should be a good day, perhaps not for Geno specifically, but a good day in general.
Don't forget, even though I don't think you are expecting a new character aside from Fighter 5, though I don't think there will be anything about that in there, Sakurai could still do something new with the presentation that could make it that long, like how he added that Let's Play in Terry's presentation, along with a few other things. Just saying.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Even if we don't see Geno Thursday, we'll be one step away from him probably. Geno might be next/#77 like you predicted Fatman. :bluejump:

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Good lord, finally something about Fighter 5! Given the fact the presentation's 35 minutes long, chances are it's a character Sakurai is fairly passionate about. That, and I wouldn't be surprised if the character is released the same day, if not Friday.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
So you ARE still confident in a double reveal, eh? (I'm not attempting to grill you, it's just that, again, sometimes us fans don't take stuff Nintendo say at face value and then it blows up in our faces, so I don't really want people to get hyped for the possibility of a double reveal when Nintendo specifically alluded to one fighter. True, you did give reason to it being longer than others and Terry's being a history lesson, but still, there is a way to have it be longer with no double reveal. Again, not grilling you at all, just genuinely talking through it.)

(Also, are Dragonborn and Waluigi your next two PREDICTIONS still?)

Antho

Smash Apprentice
I think that the presentation will have a double reveal. Think about it, we have no clue how the post pass DLC will work, so what better time to announce a character that is post pass than here? Also #5 is most likely being shadowdropped.

Nopote

Smash Apprentice
So you ARE still confident in a double reveal, eh? (I'm not attempting to grill you, it's just that, again, sometimes us fans don't take stuff Nintendo say at face value and then it blows up in our faces, so I don't really want people to get hyped for the possibility of a double reveal when Nintendo specifically alluded to one fighter. True, you did give reason to it being longer than others and Terry's being a history lesson, but still, there is a way to have it be longer with no double reveal. Again, not grilling you at all, just genuinely talking through it.)

(Also, are Dragonborn and Waluigi your next two PREDICTIONS still?)
Nothing has really happened to change those predictions at all (which, it should be emphasized, are still predictions at the end of the day), so I would assume so.

Last edited:

EditorMax

Smash Apprentice
Well, all my contacts have supported a double since November and I was the one that went ham to predict a triple. No worries though. I'm actually very happy about this outcome and you'll see if and when things come to pass.
Any last-minute predictions from you or any of your sources?

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
The only things I want from this presentation:
- No leaks
- To be a livestream and not a video, so people don't spoil a new character/anything new in the end of the video right at the moment the video is up (if it doesn't, watch out for it guys)
Tbh, if your theory of a bonus for this Fighters Pass / Extra Pack is true, then it can really happen, leaving the first Fighter Pass 2 Character (which could possibly be Geno) to the next General Direct (and we don't overkill with 2 possible fan favorites in the same Direct). They may reveal the second pass the same way as the first one, only talking about the type of content.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Well well well, this is certainly not what we expected ehh?

It could very well be just the fighter presentation, but my gut is telling me we might here about post pass DLC and maybe a tease of the next fighter...maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom