• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

T2by4

Smash Lord
Welp, gang. Tomorrow we'll know the fate of the possibility of a Wednesday Direct, but I personally think it'll be Thursday.
Honestly the astral chain spirits update for smash makes me think they arent having a direct this week. Could be wrong, but feels weird theyd have a direct with smash stuff and take away attention from the event. Could just be me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If a Direct really is on Thursday, there’s no other choice than to reveal it tomorrow. They usually announce them two days in advance right?

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
If a Direct really is on Thursday, there’s no other choice than to reveal it tomorrow. They usually announce them two days in advance right?
In recent years, general Nintendo Directs have been announced the day before they happen

Honestly the astral chain spirits update for smash makes me think they arent having a direct this week. Could be wrong, but feels weird theyd have a dorect with smash stuff and take away attention from the event. Could just be me.
Please, dude, I'm hangin' by a thread here

T2by4

Smash Lord
They've done day prior before. They'll announce it either tomorrow or wednesday. Still banking on the 16th.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Don't they usually announce these new Smash events on Tuesdays? Could there be anything at all to that?
Big Brain Post Time, might have cracked something.

Like any sane, rational human being, I decided to check because I too felt announcing this on a Monday was weird. According to the official site which Smash Ultimate displays in game to show messages through the Switch's stock internet browser
https://www-aaaba-lp1-hac.cdn.nintendo.net/en-US/index.html
every single event with 2 exceptions was announced on a Wednesday in-game, with the two exceptions being Banjo's and Terry's tournys which were announced the day after their release, both of which were related to them.

I decided also to check the Nintendo Versus twitter for their past posts about events,
https://twitter.com/search?q=spirit (from:NintendoVS)&src=typed_query&f=live
and their posting is inconsistent. Sometimes they post it on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, even Friday, but this is the FIRST time it's ever been posted on a Monday.

Does this mean no fighter 5 this week? It's hard to say, but I'm sadly leaning yes. Again, both Banjo and Terry had tournaments the week of their release, and no spirit event has happened the same week as an event tourney thus far. Hero's event tourney was held the week after his release, but tourney's were also introduced with his update so it makes sense they would just run normal tourneys for a week before doing event stuff. Posting on a Monday is super weird though so I could easily be wrong.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I’m just so ready for this direct. I just want FP 5 to be done with and move on to Post Pass and we may likely see Fighter 6 as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Well, if we do have to wait for a direct until February, at least that raises the chances of a triple reveal, right?

right?

Last edited:

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
I feel like we’re not getting Fighter 5 until February because otherwise, 6.1.1 was kind of silly. No need to release the Amiibo patch so close to a character patch. That doesn’t mean we won’t get Fighter 5 announced soon, though. I still think that’s happening before the end of the month.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Imagine if we do get a Nintendo Direct but they just don't mention Smash at all.
If they announced a Pikmin 4-tier, hype af game, I'd take it.

... actually, never mind, my impatient self needs to know who fighter 5 right this very moment, else I'll panic.

WHO IS IT DADDY SAKURAI?! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH:ultpacman:

link2702

Smash Champion
Looks like my no armor run in smrpg on my original snes is over :(

As i was on it earlier testing an av to hdmi converter, it glitched out on the file select screen, and it seems to have corrupted the file i was currently highlighting, and guess which one that was....

FML...

I was hoping that if I reset the game maybe it would correct itself since I’ve had that happen in the past on some snes games, but sadly it seems that wasn’t the case here. Now I got to make sure stuff will save to that file at all now...

SkeffVEVO

Smash Apprentice
I really like Astral Chain and am a bit sad to see this happen to it. Although I can't complain too much as Akira was just now becoming a "hey they would be cool" kind of character to me. I'm glad it's in Smash in some way though.

HudU

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4165 4708 0120
Laxchris says my name right now so my ire has decreased significantly. Maybe I'm just old but I don't really get the Smash speculators who have Patreon. There's not really a lot of work in finding rumors. They're everywhere but there's definitely work in narrowing down which are actually credible. I think Laxchris and Blockedcontent would be more interesting if there was fact checking, cross checking, and research when it came to their rumors. That's one thing I actually like about having access to insider stuff because you can do your homework so you can look at stuff and be like "hmm, that might have something true in it" or "wow, that's total bull**** and gave me indigestion to read..." The development process is genuinely fascinating and I think it would create better content if this aspect was focused on more.
I find PapaGenos's content the most entertaining, and interesting because like you said, he fact checks and presents only information that comes with credibility. And when he talks about a leak without credibility- he clearly states it as speculation only, similar to the Arle videos he's been making. Either way, he seems really genuine to me, and I like that about him.

Last edited:

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
I personally can't stand 10 minute YouTube videos discussing something that would fit in a single tweet. But the few videos I have seen, Papagenos seems to be the better of them.

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
Hey Genobros, I can't stress this enough but please watch episode 4 of Super Mario Bros GT that came out today. Smasherblock is doing a great job with this series and there's a small music cameo of Beware the forest maze in this episode. I can't wait till Geno shows up in this series.

xNovaNebulax

Smash Journeyman
pst, anyone got a transparent picture of a geno hat so I can put it on a picture of my character for my new icon? :p

MattX20

Smash Hero
Astral Chain finally got spirits, huh? I wonder when Three Houses will be getting theirs?

>Slurps coffee at 160 decibels
Probably soon. That, and the amount of maintenance the Switch has been getting lately makes me feel confident we'll get a Direct this month.

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
Probably soon. That, and the amount of maintenance the Switch has been getting lately makes me feel confident we'll get a Direct this month.
I was just thinking to myself and realized another reason why we won't have to wait until February (or after the first week of February, at least) for the Direct: The PS5 reveal/Series X event is probably happening around that timeframe and, if just the PS5 logo reveal was the most liked gaming Instagram post, imagine the true reveal. And speculation is already riding, so Nintendo needs something to take people's mind of the PS5/Series X hype.
To counter the next-gen, based on what we heard so far, Nintendo is going full assault on launching games to counter Next-Gen, including possibly getting BOTW2 or something of the same scale to counter the launch of the new consoles. (and Pokémon is out as that option) To show that strategy, a General Direct needs to happen this week or until the end of the month/first week of February and I think they want to counter before rather than after.
Game-Specific Directs or Sakurai presentations will also try to avoid these, but they don't need a bigger distance from these events since they are more specific in their audience.
Obligatory:

Imagine if we do get a Nintendo Direct but they just don't mention Smash at all.
If this ever happens, it will be because of a Smash Direct after the General one ends (or they will say in the reveal).

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
When Fatman ignores my questions even though I know full well that they are dumb and probably annoying
View attachment 257162

(Hey man, listen... when you've been waiting for Pikmin 4 as long as us Pikmin fans, you'll take any morsel of information you can get.)
No offense but I get a ton of questions so I often miss stuff. The best way to get me to respond quickly is via Discord. Anyways, no, nothing on Pikmin 4. Because it's been a **** kept secret, yes, Pikmin 3 for Switch is 95% real and one of the two Wii U ports that's all but confirmed for the next Direct.

xNovaNebulax

Smash Journeyman
No offense but I get a ton of questions so I often miss stuff. The best way to get me to respond quickly is via Discord. Anyways, no, nothing on Pikmin 4. Because it's been a **** kept secret, yes, Pikmin 3 for Switch is 95% real and one of the two Wii U ports that's all but confirmed for the next Direct.
hey Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , im intrigued to know,

if there WAS a SMRPG remake on the horizon what would you like to see in it?
would you like it to be a 3d game like galaxy and odyssey?
or would you like it to conform to the styles of the Mario and Luigi series?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Oh, I know, I'm just saying I'm BOARD of waiting for the Three Houses spirits.

hey Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , im intrigued to know,

if there WAS a SMRPG remake on the horizon what would you like to see in it?
would you like it to be a 3d game like galaxy and odyssey?
or would you like it to conform to the styles of the Mario and Luigi series?
Same view as the original game. I also really like the idea of the graphics being very heavily stylized, especially the idea of it being stop motion animation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom