• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Ok. I honestly don’t care anymore about this argument. Can we just put this behind ourselves?
Of course, there's no ill-will on my end towards you bro but just know that if I see any remarks that is disingenuous or not true I will have a rebuttal. And it's not just you that I will refute, that applies to everyone.

D

Deleted member

Of course, there's no ill-will on my end towards you bro but just know that if I see any remarks that is disingenuous or not true I will have a rebuttal. And it's not just you that I will refute, that applies to everyone.
Ok. I can respect that.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Ey, that Astral Chain representation. Oh well. I didn't expect a rep but still is kind of off-putting. Not much but still.

Anyway, it is insanely cool to see the characters in the game AT ALL. Props Dev team.

BTW, I have yet to play the game. And I want to get it. Too busy with other stuff like work to get it. I'll get to it eventually.

:bowser:.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Honestly, I think that we need to look at things like this in a different frame of mind. Astral Chain wasn't going to get a character in the first place, it's not like Sakurai and the team were deciding between making them a character or making them a spirit, they were probably not even going to be character at all. It sucks that a lot of people got their most wanted deconfirmed but it's not like they weren't included just for the spirit event.

So we have Square who isn’t going to use the character, and Nintendo can’t without negotiating with Square. So Nintendo is likely to create new ideas or focus on other properties they hold 100% of.

If the rumors are true about the return of Mario and Luigi, as well as the Paper Mario series, I’m inclined to believe that Nintendo has no intention of using the Smrpg property any time soon.

Most of the characters we’ve seen so far, at least have some kind of future. So unfortunately, unless Geno is just a full fan service pick(which he very well could be), I’m thinking he’ll get the premium mii treatment.

I wouldn’t mind, I just wish the mii fighters had more specials and customization options to chose from. (Different stances, animations, specials, combos,etc)
I'm not gonna dignify this one with a response.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Did anyone actually think Astral Chain had a snowball's chance in hell to get a playable character? WAY too new. They weren't even close to the cutoff point.

Inkling never made it into Smash 4 despite having much more presence and popularity. I think Sakurai is being honest when he said Rex was essentially "too new" to make it into Ultimate.

It's cool that they're doing these spirit events to get these franchises into the game though

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Akira was the one recent character I wanted most too, this stings. Hopefully Astral Chain as a series can grow in the future and it can get it's dues in time

D

Deleted member

So we have Square who isn’t going to use the character, and Nintendo can’t without negotiating with Square. So Nintendo is likely to create new ideas or focus on other properties they hold 100% of.

If the rumors are true about the return of Mario and Luigi, as well as the Paper Mario series, I’m inclined to believe that Nintendo has no intention of using the Smrpg property any time soon.

Most of the characters we’ve seen so far, at least have some kind of future. So unfortunately, unless Geno is just a full fan service pick(which he very well could be), I’m thinking he’ll get the premium mii treatment.

I wouldn’t mind, I just wish the mii fighters had more specials and customization options to chose from. (Different stances, animations, specials, combos,etc)
There’s maybe a chance that Geno and Mallow makes some cameo or better yet have a certain role in a story. I think Negotiating these 2 characters may go a lot easier than just making a whole game which has a lot more hoops. Hopefully NoJ takes notice of Operation Starfall.

Last edited by a moderator:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
If we were going with the fatman hypothesis for season two ( Lloyd, Geno, Ryu, Crash and Dante) what would your ideal final season pass be, taking into account a balance of your own personal wants and what will make the general public happy? Try not to make them all promotions either, although one or two would be fine.
Personally I think I have a pretty decent line up
Master Chief
Sora
Monokuma
Isaac/ Quote
Heavy Weapons Guy

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Ey, that Astral Chain representation. Oh well. I didn't expect a rep but still is kind of off-putting. Not much but still.
Big F.... Seriously was routing for an AC rep... But that still begs the question of why we did not get spirits right on the go in the first place :/ Holding back for the sake of potentially being DLC later on? I don¨t know...,,,,,

QUOTE="Lord Woomy, post: 23779327, member: 452119"]Honestly, I think that we need to look at things like this in a different frame of mind. Astral Chain
wasn't going to get a character in the first place, it's not like Sakurai and the team were deciding between making them a character or making them a spirit, they were probably not even going to be character at all. It sucks that a lot of people got their most wanted deconfirmed but it's not like they weren't included just for the spirit event.[/QUOTE]

If they were never gonna be a character, then why the heck weren¨t they giving spirits on the get-go?

MattX20

Smash Hero
The fact that Astral Chain showed up this recently for a spirit event all but confirms that we'll probably see the same fate befall the Fire Emblem Three Houses cast also.

D

Deleted member

Astral Chain would be pretty hype but I highly doubt any new IPs released after 2017 will get a rep.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I dunno about you guys, but I'm actually kind of glad they most likely aren't getting in Smash as a DLC fighter now. I never really cared for Astral Chain all that much, and it got pretty annoying to hear all sorts of people, most of which who knew very little of the game itself, constantly proclaiming that we'd get them in because "IT'S A NEW FRANCHISE! SHILL PICK!". Meanwhile all of the DLC Fighters we've gotten thus far (barring Plant) have either been generally popular characters to gaming at large, have a long and storied history, or have been major fan requests since forever ago.

Now I realize this makes me sound a bit inflammatory, and don't get me wrong, I feel bad for those who actually wanted them, but I'm not going to sit here and pretend I'm all that broken up about it. Anyway, here's Wynn's theme song.

Darn shame for the Astral Chain fans.

But least their represented in some way.

Still ouch.
You think that's painful? Just wait until the Blaze Insignia: Square Root of Nine Shacks spirits come to the game. :ultpiranha:

If we were going with the fatman hypothesis for season two ( Lloyd, Geno, Ryu, Crash and Dante) what would your ideal final season pass be, taking into account a balance of your own personal wants and what will make the general public happy? Try not to make them all promotions either, although one or two would be fine.
Master Chief
Sora
Monokuma
Isaac/ Quote
Heavy Weapons Guy
So we can't choose Lloyd, Geno, Ryu, Crash, and Dante? Okay, my picks would be...
Isaac, Sora, Shantae/Shovel Knight/Quote, Klonoa, and Doomguy.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Master Chief
Sora
Monokuma
Isaac/ Quote
Heavy Weapons Guy
I actually agree with your list, besides the fact that I think Phoenix and Doom Slayer will get in before Monokuma and Heavy Weapons Guy.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
There’s maybe a chance that Geno and Mallow makes some cameo or better yet have a certain role in a story. I think Negotiating these 2 characters may go a lot easier than just making a whole game which has a lot more hoops. Hopefully NoJ takes notice of Operation Starfall.
Either way, I hope that the Mario series can return to it's more creative roots instead of the minimalist direction it has gone thru the past couple of years.

Getting Geno and Mallow back in a new game would be a bonus because it knocks down two huge hurdles Mario fans have been clamoring for.

But as a whole, the Mario series is getting stale. A new RPG from Paper Mario/Square/M&L etc would be a blessing.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Did anyone actually think Astral Chain had a snowball's chance in hell to get a playable character? WAY too new. They weren't even close to the cutoff point.

Inkling never made it into Smash 4 despite having much more presence and popularity. I think Sakurai is being honest when he said Rex was essentially "too new" to make it into Ultimate.

It's cool that they're doing these spirit events to get these franchises into the game though
I don't think many people considered an Astral Chain character likely as a Fighter Pass pick, however, people considered them a logical choice for post-pass DLC (due to the franchise not only being new, but also due to its popularity and the bonus of it being Nintendo owned). Similar to the Resident Evil Spirits, it is unknown whether these post-launch Spirits deconfirm characters. In my opinion, unfortunately for Resident Evil and Astral Chain fans, I think they most likely do. (Though again, Sakurai could technically add them still, as an image isn't gonna stop him, but this seems unlikely still.)

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
The fact that Astral Chain showed up this recently for a spirit event all but confirms that we'll probably see the same fate befall the Fire Emblem Three Houses cast also.
Who knows at this point. Saw someone on twitter mentioning that they probably hold AC and TH off for the sake of potential DLC, but decided not to with AC which truth be told is the only thing that makes sense on why they waited IMO....

Okay, what did i miss guys?
Astral Chain is officially been giving spirits now all the sudden

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
"All but confirms" seems like a severe overstatement - it's like saying that the fact that we got Resident Evil spirits means that we won't be getting any Capcom characters as DLC.

D

Deleted member

"All but confirms" seems like a severe overstatement - it's like saying that the fact that we got Resident Evil spirits means that we won't be getting any Capcom characters as DLC.
Um.... not really? Because Astral Chain and Three Houses are too new like Sword and Shield and Xenoblade 2.

TriggerX

Smash Ace
Honestly, I think that we need to look at things like this in a different frame of mind. Astral Chain wasn't going to get a character in the first place, it's not like Sakurai and the team were deciding between making them a character or making them a spirit, they were probably not even going to be character at all. It sucks that a lot of people got their most wanted deconfirmed but it's not like they weren't included just for the spirit event.

I'm not gonna dignify this one with a response.
I’m a big fan of SMRPG, it was an amazing game for its time and developers could learn a lot from it. Still have my original cartridge from when we bought it brand new.
Unfortunately though, that’s the sad truth.

Anything SMRPG related will require Square being on board and a contract of some kind. Most likely involving an exchange of money. With Nintendo already having similar IPs that they fully control, its more unlikely that they’d go down that route.

Hey Nothing is ever impossible, but I would say we are 3 years away from any smrpg

While I don’t think this is impossible at all, I’d say we are more likely to see them show up in like a Mario Hoops sequel or some random collaboration of that caliber before we actually see them in an rpg.

My reasoning is that unless it’s a square developed title, I doubt Nintendo would go out their way for something they could keep in house.

And because Nintendo has gained experience developing Mario rpgs over the years, I just can’t see them going to Square, unless they really wanted to change up the formula.

Which brings me to my last point, I’d love see an action rpg super Mario rpg sequel or remake. Something similar to KH or the Ff7 remake. If Nintendo were to go that route, I could see them wanting Square to develop it.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
That is strange indeed, thanks for the info pal
As I said above, unless these posts pass spirits don¨t disconfirm (but I doubt them won¨t), the only reason why it makes sense for them to arrive now is that Nintendo wanted to hold them off because of potential DLC, but they ended up not to use them as a character which is a good damm shame if that's the cause

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
So here's this

View attachment 257167

Edit: Updated to English version
Well, RIP Akira Howard. I hardly knew ye.

I'm still disappointed for all the Astral Chain fans out there, however. I guess we'll have to watch out for these Spirit events more closely now. Imagine the ****storm that'd brew with something like a Burning Badge: Square Root of 9 Habitations event.

EDIT: Mister Mike bet me to the punch with the square root of 9 joke. Welp... :ultpacman:

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
I never said there wouldn't be any Capcom reps, just no RE reps for the next DLC wave. That, and 3 Houses was probably too recent for Wave 2's DLC. Plus, Sakurai got sick of adding FE reps during Smash 4 and only added Chrom due to fan demand on the ballot

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
Here’s a fun topic I thought of while listening to music on my way home from work: What song do you think would fit as Geno’s theme song if he had one? (Just to make things interesting, the song can’t be from SMRPG)

For example, I think Starman by David Bowie would be a fitting theme song for Geno. Not just because of the title, but some of the lyrics in the song too.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Um.... not really? Because Astral Chain and Three Houses are too new like Sword and Shield and Xenoblade 2.
I never said there wouldn't be any Capcom reps, just no RE reps for the next DLC wave. That, and 3 Houses was probably too recent for Wave 2's DLC. Plus, Sakurai got sick of adding FE reps during Smash 4 and only added Chrom due to fan demand on the ballot
If we are truly not getting an AC character because "too recent", the Three Houses and Astral Chain should have been given spirits in the game within the release like Sword and Shield or DXM

For example, I think Starman by David Bowie would be a fitting theme song for Geno. Not just because of the title, but some of the lyrics in the song too.
I love that song, and yes, it would be a perfect theme song for him

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That article from this morning saying that there’s gonna be a new animal crossing direct, is it credible?

Last edited by a moderator:

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
That article from this morning saying that there’s gonna be a new animal crossing direct, is it credible?
Even if it was true, I can imagine it not actually be an Animal Crossing Direct, but it could have an emphasis or focus on Animal Crossing some.

D

Deleted member

Maybe Tom Nook is finally getting into smash as FP5. Hence, the AC direct.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Welp, gang. Tomorrow we'll know the fate of the possibility of a Wednesday Direct, but I personally think it'll be Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom