• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yeah, Dante would be awesome. Another fighter with a motorcycle would be cool.
That said, I wonder who would win a head on collision contest between Dante and Wario using their motorcycles to ram into each other? That'd be fun to see, in my opinion.

D

Deleted member

I don’t need you pointing out things for my own good. I can figure out things for myself thank you very much. You are the one who’s making assumptions. And don’t worry I will stick to the memes.
I fail to see what assumptions I made. Care to elaborate? I'm just going by your literal word. Plus you were the one that just admitted that you were the one making assumptions. I'm just stating that your assumptions are wrong and come from a very dishonest point of view. Hence, saying dumb ****.
No need to get offensive or on his case, either. Plus, even if you said he said dumb things, that doesn't matter. It is still a bad thing to do. There was no need to do this. Don't pick on the guy just because you feel like you need to do something about what he said. Just control yourself. I doubt you are being calm as you say by the way you are talking to him, anyways.
You take things far too personal, friend. I'm sorry if you disapprove of my actions right now but somebody attempting to speak "everybody" when it's not the case is not cool in my books and I will continue to call BS on it. I greatly disavow some of the comments he's made recently like the DQ comment just now or getting offended and calling a certain YouTuber an egotistical jerk because said YouTuber has an opinion of not wanting Geno in smash.

It's rather disingenuous if you ask me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Interesting read there. You do make it seem complex, and I bet it is, but I understand where you are coming from. If I read it correctly, maybe some characters are easier to get than others as of now? Either way, I would not mind Dante. I could reenact the Death Battle! between him and Bayonetta for fun.
I think part of his point is that characters like Lloyd, Crash, and Ryu have plenty of characters similar to them that are already in the game and could probably be used as references for playstyle and attacks. For example, I would be genuinely shocked if a playable Ryu Hayabusa didn't have elements to them inspired by characters like Sheik, Greninja, and Joker. Lloyd has, uh, take yer ****in' pick for sword characters to draw different degrees of inspiration from and Crash would probably be pretty straightforward like Mario, Kirby, and Banjo. Theoretically, this implies that these characters wouldn't have to be totally built from the ground up because characters similar to them already exist in Smash. Dante's pretty different because we arguably have Joker and Bayo and... that's it and neither use a sword.

Geno's kind of different too. Playstyle wise we arguably have Mii Gunner and Megaman and that's more or less it. Based on how he is, there's not a lot of similarities, especially when you consider that, in game, a vast majority of Geno's weapons are long range and rapid fire.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I fail to see what assumptions I made. Care to elaborate? I'm just going by what your literal word. Plus you were the one that just admitted that you were the one making assumptions. I'm just stating that your assumptions are wrong and come from a very dishonest point of view. Hence, saying dumb ****.

You take things far too personal, friend. I'm sorry if you disapprove of my actions right now but somebody attempting to speak "everybody" when it's not the case is not cool in my books and I will continue to call BS on it. I greatly disavow some of the comments he's made recently like the DQ comment just now or getting offended and calling a certain YouTuber an egotistical jerk because said YouTuber has an opinion of not wanting Geno in smash.

First off, you are wrong about his attempting to speak for everyone.

Second, who told you to get on others' case for saying "dumb" things? Your parents raising you? Friends? Teachers? I don't know for sure, but this is something you should not be doing. If anything, a good friend, and by extension, a good person, would not let others do what they are doing to others like you are, You may think there is nothing wrong with what you are doing, but there is. I am sorry you think what you are doing is right, because I am sure it is not. Plus, those things like the DQ comment and egotistical jerk things are harmless, and not your business. Why worry about it?

D

Deleted member

I fail to see what assumptions I made. Care to elaborate? I'm just going by what your literal word. Plus you were the one that just admitted that you were the one making assumptions. I'm just stating that your assumptions are wrong and come from a very dishonest point of view. Hence, saying dumb ****.

Like saying I spoke for everyone. I certainly never did nor did I say so either. Also, I never called TheJWittz an egotistical jerk for not wanting Geno but for the whole video in general. Also, you can disagree with me all you want. I could care less about that. But, don’t throw it in my face because now it looks like you’re a hypocrite using my own opinions against me which in hindsight makes no sense.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I think part of his point is that characters like Lloyd, Crash, and Ryu have plenty of characters similar to them that are already in the game and could probably be used as references for playstyle and attacks. For example, I would be genuinely shocked if a playable Ryu Hayabusa didn't have elements to them inspired by characters like Sheik, Greninja, and Joker. Lloyd has, uh, take yer ****in' pick for sword characters to draw different degrees of inspiration from and Crash would probably be pretty straightforward like Mario, Kirby, and Banjo. Theoretically, this implies that these characters wouldn't have to be totally built from the ground up because characters similar to them already exist in Smash. Dante's pretty different because we arguably have Joker and Bayo and... that's it and neither use a sword.

Geno's kind of different too. Playstyle wise we arguably have Mii Gunner and Megaman and that's more or less it. Based on how he is, there's not a lot of similarities, especially when you consider that, in game, a vast majority of Geno's weapons are long range and rapid fire.
I see. As for Geno, I do agree he would have some pretty different moves from others.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
My current prediction is that, based on the timing of things, Dante will be the last character of "Season 2" or the first character of the "Final Season: Sakurai Runs Out of Addreall."
So I know Sora was always someone who wasn't heard but rather speculated would come (you said like Nintendo diving into a septic tank to pull out a character before DLC is done or something like that), but I thought you theorized Sora for that final spot? Or did you move to Dante since rumors for him are more tangible?

Also... *sigh* Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , I know this is off topic and you may not know... but have you heard ANYTHING about Pikmin 4? With all the Pikmin 3 port rumors and the Pikmin 3 website being taken down, I am wondering if the website's absence was just for the Pikmin 3 port or if it was like how Animal Crossing: New Leaf's website went through shenanigans before New Horizons was offical unveiled. ...or maybe there will be both games. I don't know, just being a Pikmin fan has been so tiring lately (as a certain blue monster knows).

D

Deleted member

First off, you are wrong about his attempting to speak for everyone.
Bro. He literally said everyone was dissapointed about Hero's inclusion. Like, what?
Second, who told you to get on others' case for saying "dumb" things? Your parents raising you? Friends? Teachers? I don't know for sure, but this is something you should not be doing.
I did and who told you you can tell others what they should or shouldn't be doing? Pot, meet kettle.
If anything, a good friend, and by extension, a good person, would not let others do what they are doing to others like you are, You may think there is nothing wrong with what you are doing, but there is. I am sorry you think what you are doing is right, because I am sure it is not. Plus, those things like the DQ comment and egotistical jerk things are harmless, and not your business. Why worry about it?
A) We're not friends and B) I'll fully acknowledge I am not a good person and rather content about that if I can be honest but the problem is, calling people a straight up jerk for having an opinion is pretty goddamn harmful imo. Maybe not to him or the content creator in question, but harmful to our community. All I'm advocating is that we be a little bit smarter with how we use our words and maybe we wouldn't be in this predicament right now.

I don't like JWittz or his opinions either. However, he actually seems like a decent human being but I'm not gonna antagonize him by calling him a jerk because he made one bad video sharing his opinions. Not cool.
Like saying I spoke for everyone. I certainly never did nor did I say so either. Also, I never called TheJWittz an egotistical jerk for not wanting Geno but for the whole video in general. Also, you can disagree with me all you want. I could care less about that. But, don’t throw it in my face because now it looks like you’re a hypocrite using my own opinions against me which in hindsight makes no sense.
Oh please. Next time you don't want to speak for everyone, maybe you should try avoiding the word "everyone". You two need to get real.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
So to recap, assuming Fatman's theories are correct, we will be getting the following characters in this order:
- a Western, most likely Bethesda character to finish off the Fighters Pass
- Waluigi as a bonus fighter like Piranha Plant
- Geno to kick off the second Fighter's Pass
- Crash Bandicoot and Lloyd, who will be revealed at E3 2020
- Dante and Master Chief somewhere down the line.

Do I have that right?

Franco Geno

Smash Lord

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Bro. He literally said everyone was dissapointed about Hero's inclusion. Like, what?

I did and who told you you can tell others what I should or shouldn't be doing? Pot, meet kettle.

A) We're not friends and B) I'll fully acknowledge I am not a good person and rather content about that if I can be honest but the problem is, calling people a straight up jerk for having an opinion is pretty goddamn harmful imo. Maybe not to him or the content creator in question, but harmful to our community. All I'm advocating is that we be a little bit smarter with how we use our words and maybe we wouldn't be in this predicament right now.

I don't like JWittz or his opinions either. He actually seems like a decent human being but I'm not gonna antagonize him by calling him a jerk because he made one bad video sharing his opinions. Not cool.

Oh please. Next time you don't want to speak for everyone, maybe you should try avoiding the word "everyone". You two need to get real.
First, I wasn't saying you and I were friends. I was talking about myself and GodzillaGuy, whom I was defending. Second, I am sure he did not say that about Hero's inclusion. You just made that up. Thirdly, even if it was bad, the tell others what they should be doing, that is, this is a different case from you calling him out over what you are assuming what he said. Fourthly, just because you see yourself as a good person doesn't mean you aren't capable of doing bad things to others, like how you are doing with GodzillaGuy. It can make others doubt that you are as good as you say. Even with your thoughts on JWittz, you still could have treated GodzillaGuy better. No excuses. You should treat everyone well, regardless of who they are.

Now let this whole thing go, okay. No more talking about this, alright?

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So to recap, assuming Fatman's theories are correct, we will be getting the following characters in this order:

Do I have that right?
Plus Ryu, probably the "Terry" of Season 2, but, yeah, that's what I'm thinking at the moment as well as potentially Sol Badguy because two of my contacts are weirdly confident in him coming eventually.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord

Do I have that right?
Exactly

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
"Haha what? You want something different than what I think is likely? Haha hoes mad! Look at how entitled you are! Stop being a crybaby. I can't believe that you haven't played literally every video game ever and made a connection with every character in them. I hate Smash fans." - Smash fans
I only used hoes mad on people who called him op and wanted him banned lol

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Continued harassment of other users.
I am sure he did not say that about Hero's inclusion. You just made that up.
Oh, I made it up, did I? Duuuude. You're kidding me right?
Just that mostly everyone was really disappointed.
^^^
You're not serious right now CannonStreak CannonStreak , are you? Please tell me you're trolling. Just go back to the last page, the evidence is right there.
Thirdly, even if it was bad, the tell others what they should be doing, that is, this is a different case from you calling him out over what you are assuming what he said.
I'm sorry if it hurts you and your friends feelings but ridiculous and dishonest comments like the ones he made should be called out. Everyone did it to wynn728 wynn728 , so we should hold everyone to the same standard right? Or is there now a hierarchy of Geno fans now of who can get away with saying what?
Fourthly, just because you see yourself as a good person doesn't mean you aren't capable of doing bad things to others, like how you are doing with GodzillaGuy. It can make others doubt that you are as good as you say. Even with your thoughts on JWittz, you still could have treated GodzillaGuy better. No excuses. You should treat everyone well, regardless of who they are.
I'm starting to think you lack some reading comprehension kid because I literally said in my previous post:
B) I'll fully acknowledge I am not a good person and rather content about that if I can be honest
Please read more carefully next time.
And I'm not gonna excuse ridiculous comments and treat everyone like their precious little children because you don't like it. You're adults, right? You can handle some criticism, right? If you can't, then don't say dumb ****.
Now let this whole thing go, okay. No more talking about this, alright?
You know what? I refuse.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
When Fatman ignores my questions even though I know full well that they are dumb and probably annoying
IMG_20191219_062539.jpg

(Hey man, listen... when you've been waiting for Pikmin 4 as long as us Pikmin fans, you'll take any morsel of information you can get.)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh, I made it up, did I? Duuuude. You're kidding me right?

^^^
You're not serious right now CannonStreak CannonStreak , are you? Please tell me you're trolling. Just go back to the last page, the evidence is right there.

I'm sorry if it hurts you and your friends feelings but ridiculous and dishonest comments like the ones he made should be called out. Everyone did it to wynn728 wynn728 , so we should hold everyone to the same standard right? Or is there now a hierarchy of Geno fans now of who can get away with saying what?

I'm starting to think you lack some reading comprehension kid because I literally said in my previous post:

Please read more carefully next time.
And I'm not gonna excuse ridiculous comments and treat everyone like their precious little children because you don't like it. You're adults, right? You can handle some criticism, right? If you can't, then don't say dumb ****.

You know what? I refuse.
You know there is an incredible feature on the board called the “Ignore“ button. It ignores everything I say! Isn’t that awesome? I recommend you try it!

Also, did you even try to look at the pages when Hero were revealed at E3? A LOT of people were disappointed on this board. But, now they like Hero. I’ll say this, I like Hero and I know you definitely like him too. I have no problem with him at all. But, you can’t deny that Geno fans were a little disappointed when Hero was initially revealed. But, now we have no problem with that. Geno’s time is closer than ever right now so why would anyone still be mad now.

D

Deleted member

You know there is an incredible feature on the board called the “Ignore“ button. It ignores everything I say! Isn’t that awesome? I recommend you try it!
I appreciate the recommendation but I'm not a fan of just ignoring things and sweeping it under the rug. I much more prefer holding people to their ridiculous remarks. You guys can keep making excuses and lie all you want, but your dishonesty will not go unnoticed.

D

Deleted member

I appreciate the recommendation but I'm not a fan of just ignoring things and sweeping it under the rug. I much more prefer holding people to their ridiculous remarks. You guys can keep making excuses and lie all you want, but your dishonesty will not go unnoticed.
Welp, then I guess you’ll have to keep listening to me then as much as you hate it.

Poor one out for the twins. RIP

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
20200113_185632.jpg
I finally did it y'all. Time to see what all you crazy kids have been talking about. This is the latest and greatest simulation right? I can finally call myself a part of the Smash community now?

I'm really excited about this. Not too long ago I finished Earthbound and Undertale, and they lit a love for RPGs in me that I didn't even realize I had. This seemed like a good game to go to next. I also need to get into Paper Mario as I've only played Super Paper Mario... That's no good. After this I was going to dive into FF, DQ, and Xenoblade. I'm so ****ing behind...

D

Deleted member

Also, did you even try to look at the pages when Hero were revealed at E3? A LOT of people were disappointed on this board. But, now they like Hero. I’ll say this, I like Hero and I know you definitely like him too. I have no problem with him at all. But, you can’t deny that Geno fans were a little disappointed when Hero was initially revealed. But, now we have no problem with that. Geno’s time is closer than ever right now so why would anyone still be mad now.
Wrong again. Most Geno fans were either neutral or supportive because they were relieved that Geno's Mii costume didn't appear with Hero. I know that because I was present at the time, unlike yourself.

Welp, then I guess you’ll have to keep listening to me then as much as you hate it.
I'd be happy too. Just don't get your panties in a bunch if I continue to call you out for making silly remarks. Or like I said before, you can just stick to the memes.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
D

Deleted member

Wrong again. Most Geno fans were either neutral or supportive because they were relieved that Geno's Mii costume didn't appear with Hero. I know that because I was present at the time, unlike yourself.

I'd be happy too. Just don't get your panties in a bunch if I continue to call you out for making silly remarks. Or like I said before, you can just stick to the memes.
Or you could just you know stop being so petty, also I will stick to the memes. Don’t get all upset when I make my own remarks because obviously you are very emotional about the whole situation. And how about before the Hero presentation, hmm?

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
So here's this

View attachment 257167

Edit: Updated to English version
Not gonna lie, this actually hurts as I’ve said before I would have liked to see Astral Chain get a character represented in Smash, mainly due to how unique Akira’s moveset would be.
Anyways, two takeaways:
1: Despite that Astral Chain came out last year in August, we haven’t gotten any spirits until now, meaning that they could have chose to hold them back for a while. This could also mean that FE Three Houses may get this treatment soon.
2. Could this deconfirm a character shadow drop this weekend? A Direct could definitely still happen, but now I’m not sure if #5 will come this month.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Or you could just you know stop being so petty, also I will stick to the memes. And how about before the Hero presentation, hmm?
I'm not being petty. I'm being honest. And before the presentation? Sure, people were skeptical but you didn't comment on what was going on prior to Hero's reveal. You were commenting on the aftermath. Bringing up what was going on before is a completely different subject. When someone asked how the presentation went, you responded by saying everyone was disapointed. I called BS on it without sounding rude and you got all defensive about it. Then we started having this conversation and you and sonicsmasher kept making excuses for your disingenuous comments.

All I'm saying is, think before you post. Use your head before you start calling people jerks for having an opinion or saying things that are just not true. Once again, it's a bad reflection on all of us when you say these things in this thread and as a Geno supporter for over a decade now, I do not appreciate it. It's nothing personal man. Just be a little more careful.

D

Deleted member

I'm not being petty. I'm being honest. And before the presentation? Sure, people were skeptical but you didn't comment on what was going on prior to Hero's reveal. You were commenting on the aftermath. Bringing up what was going on before is a completely different subject. When someone asked how the presentation went, you responded by saying everyone was dissapointed. I called BS on it without sounding rude and you got all defensive about it. Then we started having this conversation and you and sonicsmasher kept making excuses for your disengenous comments.

All I'm saying is, think before you post. Use your head before you start calling people jerks for having an opinion or saying things that are just not true. Once again, it's a bad reflection on all of us when you say these things in this thread and as a Geno supporter for over a decade now, I do not appreciate it. It's nothing personal man. Just be a little more careful.
Ok. I honestly don’t care anymore about this argument. Can we just put this behind ourselves?

D

Deleted member

Darn shame for the Astral Chain fans.

But least their represented in some way.

Still ouch.

TriggerX

Smash Ace
So we have Square who isn’t going to use the character, and Nintendo can’t without negotiating with Square. So Nintendo is likely to create new ideas or focus on other properties they hold 100% of.

If the rumors are true about the return of Mario and Luigi, as well as the Paper Mario series, I’m inclined to believe that Nintendo has no intention of using the Smrpg property any time soon.

Most of the characters we’ve seen so far, at least have some kind of future. So unfortunately, unless Geno is just a full fan service pick(which he very well could be), I’m thinking he’ll get the premium mii treatment.

I wouldn’t mind, I just wish the mii fighters had more specials and customization options to chose from. (Different stances, animations, specials, combos,etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom