• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Things are really picking up. I can't wait for Waluigi to be shown. Having him and Piranha Plant together, it'll be like Mario Party 3! And then Geno, Sakurai is going to come through. I can feel it in my bones.
Man, you don't know refreshing it is to see a person so excited about Piranha Plant AND Waluigi. Nice change of pace.

(...some "certain people" would hate this.)

We should just put up a petition to make this the official meme of Smash speculation at this point lmao. It fits so well on most occasions. By the way, here's the mandatory Geno version:

View attachment 256987
I concur! And niiiiice, now I got the Kronk Geno meme saved. I'll make you proud Geno meme Squad, I finally have a Geno hat meme.

That's me bud Kremling Kommander's picture is the awesome DK and Diddy Kong vs. King K. Rool picture it's always been sorry for the mix up.
Nah dude, that's on me. I should've known my scaly friend from the other, but I do have to ask, why the profile pic change from your namesake to Decidueye?

D

Deleted member

Y'all ever wonder what trend the BS 4chan leaks are gonna jump on after the next Direct? Like, I remember after Sans was revealed, half the fake 4chan leaks I'd see would say they were gonna now introduce "Premium Mii Costumes" or something like that to the effect of more Mii costumes coming with music and what not. I remember that was a very easy way to tell if a leak was fake back then lol.
Premium costumes is one of the worst fake leaks to date. That would make so many people angry getting A+ tier requested characters slaughtered to Mii costumes.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Man, you don't know refreshing it is to see a person so excited about Piranha Plant AND Waluigi. Nice change of pace.

I concur! And niiiiice, now I got the Kronk Geno meme saved. I'll make you proud Geno meme Squad, I finally have a Geno hat meme.

Nah dude, that's on me. I should've known my scaly friend from the other, but I do have to ask, why the profile pic change from your namesake to Decidueye?
It's okay. Far as the picture just wanted a change it's my favourite Pokemon so I figured hey why not? I'll probably change it back eventually but I like Decidueye so it'll stick for now.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
But how do we know it’s interesting?? Do you have anything to prove it??

Yeah that’s what I thought Fatman. That’s what I thought.
At the risk of maybe not understanding someone being sarcastic again...

if you aren't (I see no Pac-Man or anything so), um, geez, calm down dude. Why do you have to go for Fatman's throat like that?

Last edited:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Plot twist twist: they release character 6 Tuesday, reveal character 7 Wednesday, nerf character 5 Thursday, release character 5 Friday, reveal 5's trailer Saturday, continue 5's trailer into 6's reveal, who was really character 8, on Sunday.
I-I-I

Nemitic

Banned via Warnings

Are you referring to that wynn person? That guy can be a real grump.

D

Deleted member

Let's not start anything again. If people have issues they want to resolve there's PM's to resolve any issues.

Also the Ignore function. I know not everyone believes Fatmanonice that's fine it's okay to have doubt.

We trust him and he has our support.

So let's go on and continue our discussions how about that Geno folks swell guy right?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

if you aren't (I see no Pac-Man or anything so), um, geez, calm down dude. Why do you have to go for Fatman's throat like that?
He's messing around. He's basically making fun of the fact that people unironically demand that I provide irrefutable proof that my speculation or the rumors that I report on will happen with 100% accuracy every single time. He's basically saying "Oh yeah Fatman!? Can you PROVE that it will be interesting?! Can you, you fraud?! That's it! I'm going to go doxx your parents RIGHT NOW!"

Last edited:

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
He's messing around. He's basically making fun of the fact that people unironically demand that I provide irrefutable proof that my speculation or the rumors that I report on will happen with 100% accuracy every single time. He's basically saying "Oh yeah Fatman!? Can you PROVE that it will be interesting?! Can you, you fraud! That's it! I'm going to go doxx your parents RIGHT NOW!"
Oh okay, gotcha. Nowadays when people are like that, it is REALLY hard to discern what is genuine or not since people have actually said those sort of things to you...

gonsarnit Datboigeno Datboigeno use that Pac-Man!:ultpacman:

D

Deleted member

He's messing around. He's basically making fun of the fact that people unironically demand that I provide irrefutable proof that my speculation or the rumors that I report on will happen with 100% accuracy every single time. He's basically saying "Oh yeah Fatman!? Can you PROVE that it will be interesting?! Can you, you fraud! That's it! I'm going to go doxx your parents RIGHT NOW!"
Geez really oh gosh sorry DatboiGeno I am sorry and it sounded like accused you of something sincerely applogize and I'll look before I post next time.

I'm a goof.

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
I feel like such a celebrity in this thread. I could notify the thread that I just took a massive **** and there would GameFaqs, ResetEra, and 4Chan users scrambling to talk about me and how stupid I am!

Oh wait, this isn’t on topic. But a Nintendo Direct this week is! Hooray, the several month drought could end soon!

Last edited:

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Geez really oh gosh sorry DatboiGeno I am sorry and it sounded like accused you of something sincerely applogize and I'll look before I post next time.

I'm a goof.
(Gosh I'm posting a lot tonight)

Hey man, we goofed together.
C'mon now, let's both accept our liscenes with pride...
20191226_140204.jpg

Loog

Smash Apprentice
How would you all feel if one of genos moves was to give the opponent a splinter.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
EricTheGamerman EricTheGamerman If you're going to take potshots in the open, it might be a good idea to not do it in threads directly linked in this one, eh? That was totally uncalled for.
I mean, I'm not exactly trying to be subtle. I think a lot of what's going on with your "speculation" sounds absolutely absurd and I've been over my issues with how you handle all of your "speculation/insider discussion" multiple times. It was a bit of a cheap shot I admit, but again, I'm not exactly trying to be subtle about how absurd I think things have devolved recently (and that goes for a decent amount of the general Smash fandom at that where people can't even take a few weeks without information before jumping on to every little thing that points in a direction they like the sound of).

D

Deleted member

(Gosh I'm posting a lot tonight)

Hey man, we goofed together.
C'mon now, let's both accept our liscenes with pride...
View attachment 257004
I shall wear this badge with honor my Amigo. While also wearing a clown costume and making numerous quotes about Joker.

But yeah Definetly will be careful next time everyone here has been really awesome and accepting to of me and I like this place a lot. So the last thing I want to do is offend anyone would never do that and you're all awesome great people so yeah.

Anyway I'll take my badge and go buy that clown costume now.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I wonder why PapaGenos is so adamant about Arle though? She'd be a great character don't get me wrong. But I wonder if it's something he really believes. Not sure he's doing awesome as ever though will watch it when I get the chance too. The title kind of fits literally we're all asking are there yet in terms of the next Direct.
Occam's Razor: I think he's just doing it for fun as he's said numerous times. If Arle really was coming we'd have heard something about her by now.

Y'all ever wonder what trend the BS 4chan leaks are gonna jump on after the next Direct? Like, I remember after Sans was revealed, half the fake 4chan leaks I'd see would say they were gonna now introduce "Premium Mii Costumes" or something like that to the effect of more Mii costumes coming with music and what not. I remember that was a very easy way to tell if a leak was fake back then lol.
No idea, and honestly I couldn't care less what randos on 4chan come up with in terms of fake leaks.

I'm not naming specific names (*cough cough*), but uh, if you would like more information, my defender associate MisterMike MisterMike can help!
You rang? Hah, just kidding, I'm always here! Always.

T2by4

Smash Lord
Did anyone ever get a screencap of sabi saying it wasn't this week? I know someone brought it up but I don't recall anyone else confirming it or it coming with a screencap.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I mean, I'm not exactly trying to be subtle. I think a lot of what's going on with your "speculation" sounds absolutely absurd and I've been over my issues with how you handle all of your "speculation/insider discussion" multiple times. It was a bit of a cheap shot I admit, but again, I'm not exactly trying to be subtle about how absurd I think things have devolved recently (and that goes for a decent amount of the general Smash fandom at that where people can't even take a few weeks without information before jumping on to every little thing that points in a direction they like the sound of).
I feel like a pm chat about this would be the best course of action. Not just because it's probably the best way to come to some sort of understanding on a subject(Has worked before), but also because I don't think this potential conversation can happen anywhere else without it being considered off topic.

Edit:
It was on topic rather than off topic. My bad. I assume the general meaning was understood though, right?

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord

Fatman ruined my crops, stole my cattle, and made me miss my 100th jump to get the super suit.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
tenor.gif

(Now sure if this was a deliberate psuedo-reference to this scene, but what you said made me think of the Bubble Buddy episode.)

Edit: MY BOY MisterMike MisterMike

Last edited:

Aaron1997

Smash Ace
NNID
Aaron1318
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Either this is just Spec or DMCV VA for V may have just broke NDA.

This is what kills me about it, is I'm the new character. And... so, I, I am not in the DMC lore enough to ever be considered for Super Smash and that would be like, the ultimate life goal, are you kidding me? Like, to be part of Marvel VS. Capcom, or Super Smash Bros., or both, which is what Dante is gonna be, it's just like... c'mon! That's, that's what I want!

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion

It's neither. The guy's talking about how he wants V everywhere and be big enough that he's in Smash and MvC but that Dante is realistically the only character big enough to do that. The statement wasn't saying Dante is in Smash just him expressing his desire to have his character appear in cool stuff and be on that level.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

I brought this up in the Dante thread and basically got booed out. Two of my contacts mentioned in the past week that supposedly Dante started development very, very recently. It was strange because both weren't even vague about it. They didn't say "some character", they specifically named Dante. Based on this, my theory is that Dante will be a November/December release at the earliest.

D

Deleted member

I brought this up in the Dante thread and basically got booed out. Two of my contacts mentioned in the past week that supposedly Dante started development very, very recently. It was strange because both weren't even vague about it. They didn't say "some character", they specifically named Dante. Based on this, my theory is that Dante will be a November/December release at the earliest.
I could easily see Dante either duking it out with Bayonetta or teaming up towards Galeem and Dharkon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
a Purple Pie Man, a double sword user, a star warrior from heaven and a demon killer. this roster can't get any ****ing better!

Luis27

Smash Apprentice
Uhhh excuse me, the DLC #10 is gonna be a mexican humanoid cactus.
0fb14baa3a856fd2b9f84dc32ac1e92b.jpg

Last edited:

Ray102396

Smash Apprentice

I don't think that means much. Why would the VA of a completely different character know that Dante would be in the game? Only way I could see that is if they did another reveal like Joker, but they only did his that way because they didn't have actual gameplay ready yet.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
As I mentioned in the Dante thread, it would make sense because voice acting is one of the first things knocked out for projects like this. Voice lines are recorded early on so animators can try to match them and this has been a standard for a lot of high level animation for roughly 80 years. Like I said, this would mean that Dante has just gotten started and won't be seen for quite some time. Coincidentally, it might even wind up with him being a VGAs 2020 announcement because god knows they **** the bed with the VGAs 2019 and will have to do a lot for people to care again.

This is also why I asked the Lloyd thread about voice acting tweet earlier because it's within the same time frame as the symbol, the trademark stuff, and the supposed Tales Switch rumors at NoA starting. Under this theory, Lloyd potentially started development in August or September. Now, if you'll recall, a certain other anime swordsman was discovered in the late summer of 2018 by the name of Hero,who would go on to be an E3 2019 announcement. Like I keep saying, I think history is repeating itself.

D

Deleted member

This party is getting crazy! *Eats pizza.*

Don't know if it means anything but of he's in I'm glad I like what I've seen of the series and Dante is a really badass character so hoping he's in really want him so we'll see. I'm not going to straight up say he'll be in but we'll see.

Also this is the VA for V Brian Hanford.

Reuben Langdon is the VA for Dante.

So I don't think he'd know anything about of he's in or not.

So probably nothing for now.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
Uhhh excuse me, the DLC #10 is gonna be a mexican humanoid cactus.View attachment 257027
Amingo would be top tier, no question

As I mentioned in the Dante thread, it would make sense because voice acting is one of the first things knocked out for projects like this. Voice lines are recorded early on so animators can try to match them and this has been a standard for a lot of high level animation for roughly 80 years. Like I said, this would mean that Dante has just gotten started and won't be seen for quite some time. Coincidentally, it might even wind up with him being a VGAs 2020 announcement because god knows they **** the bed with the VGAs 2019 and will have to do a lot for people to care again.

This is also why I asked the Lloyd thread about voice acting tweet earlier because it's within the same time frame as the symbol, the trademark stuff, and the supposed Tales Switch rumors at NoA starting. Under this theory, Lloyd potentially started development in August or September. Now, if you'll recall, a certain other anime swordsman was discovered in the late summer of 2018 by the name of Hero,who would go on to be an E3 2019 announcement. Like I keep saying, I think history is repeating itself.
Fatman, does this mean what i think it does?
PicsArt_01-13-02.17.03.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom