• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Oi oi finally saw the Pokemon Direct like their adding new content, Pokemon returning, and a new expansion. Should have been then from the start but pretty meaty stuff.

Next up hopefully a general Nintendo Direct.

Firox

Smash Master
Maybe Genokin?
That actually sounds better and I was thinking the exact same thing. Just wasn't sure if it would catch on.

EDIT: Screw it. I'm gonna make it a thing. Bon jour and good afternoon, my Genokin!

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, I still don't 100% get why they chose Sheik to represent Geno in his spirit battle. It's not the worst choice or anything, but it still intrigues me.

Firox

Smash Master
You know, I still don't 100% get why they chose Sheik to represent Geno in his spirit battle. It's not the worst choice or anything, but it still intrigues me.
Who would have been better? Robin? Mii Gunner?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Who would have been better? Robin? Mii Gunner?
Well, Mallow on his own already got Robin(Although he was Kirby on the Geno battle), so I don't think he would fit. Perhaps gunner, but I though Mega Man would work well. They share the same sort of gunning style and have similar proportions(As for as stout chibi Geno is concerned).

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
IMG_20191105_160407.jpg

Also, people coming into the thread to kill my boy OffBi.
IMG_20190909_001352.jpg

Don't worry, OffBi, as the resident "hip" young zoomer of the thread, I'll give you the "ok boomer" pass. Use it wisely now.

Edit: Sorry Geno meme squad, I have 0 editing skills to put Geno hats on these memes. Please forgive me.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
So anyway I just wanted to discuss an idea I had for Geno’s Classic Route. I might have done this before and forgotten or ripped off somebody by accident, if I have I apologize.

Making Dreams Come True (and other idioms in other languages that mean something along those lines)

There is no normal boss since Spirit Battles would hand SMRPG Spirits.
  1. Ridley, at Norfair, Vs. Ridley
  2. Simon Belmont, Dracula’s Castle, Vampire Killer
  3. Chrom, Arena Ferox, Id ~ Purpose
  4. Dark Samus, Brinstar Depths, Ultimate Brinstar Depths
  5. King K. Rool, Kongo Falls, Gangplank Galleon
  6. Isabelle, Town and City, Animal Crossing Title Theme
  7. Bonus Game
  8. Snake, Wolf, Ice Climbers, Pokémon Trainer, Pichu and Young Link. All on Big Battlefield, and to one of the songs Geno comes with.

It’s meant to be based on fan wants, and none of the normal bosses really fit here. Hero and Banjo were close, but no Classic Route has used a DLC character outside of the DLC character themselves. If they did they’d probably remove the echoes and be the final two before the bonus.
Great idea, I like it! My idea would be "Let's Get This Show On the Road!", and all of the battles are against characters who represent the Smithy Gang. Not sure what music tracks would be available, so I'll pick whichever fits.

1 - Link (Bowyer, music track is Fight Against an Armed Boss) (Tunic of the Wild) on Geno's Stage (It's a forest stage)
2 - Male!Corrin (Yaridovich, music track is Gritzy Desert) (Red alt) on Omega Jungle Japes
3 - 5 Meta Knights (Red, Yellow, Green, Pink, and Black, music track is Try, Try Again) (Axem Rangers) on Venom
4 - Cloud (Boomer, music track is King Bowser) (Red alt) on Castle Seige (2nd version, inside castle)
5 - Ganondorf (Exor, music track is The Grand Finale) on Omega Spear Pillar
6 - King Dedede (Smithy, music track is Fight Against Smithy) (Gray alt) on Midgar
7 - Bonus Stage
8 - Galleom (Smithy's second form, music track is Fight Against Smithy, Who Likes Transforming)

It's probably because Sheik is terribly mysterious and kind of blue like Geno.

OffBi

Smash Ace
The geno thread when i'm bout to say the n word
a8f.jpg

Also thanks adambel for the "boomer" pass

T2by4

Smash Lord
Great idea, I like it! My idea would be "Let's Get This Show On the Road!", and all of the battles are against characters who represent the Smithy Gang. Not sure what music tracks would be available, so I'll pick whichever fits.

1 - Link (Bowyer, music track is Fight Against an Armed Boss) (Tunic of the Wild) on Geno's Stage (It's a forest stage)
2 - Male!Corrin (Yaridovich, music track is Gritzy Desert) (Red alt) on Omega Jungle Japes
3 - 5 Meta Knights (Red, Yellow, Green, Pink, and Black, music track is Try, Try Again) (Axem Rangers) on Venom
4 - Cloud (Boomer, music track is King Bowser) (Red alt) on Castle Seige (2nd version, inside castle)
5 - Ganondorf (Exor, music track is The Grand Finale) on Omega Spear Pillar
6 - King Dedede (Smithy, music track is Fight Against Smithy) (Gray alt) on Midgar
7 - Bonus Stage
8 - Galleom (Smithy's second form, music track is Fight Against Smithy, Who Likes Transforming)

It's probably because Sheik is terribly mysterious and kind of blue like Geno.
>boomer
>not being wario

Other than that pretty solid classic mode. I like the idea of either ddd or galleom being the final boss. Works out perfectly.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
>boomer
>not being wario

Other than that pretty solid classic mode. I like the idea of either ddd or galleom being the final boss. Works out perfectly.
That's Booster you're thinking of. Booster is the samurai you fight on the chandelier.

T2by4

Smash Lord
PicsArt_01-10-03.35.36.jpg

"AHEM!"

*tink tink*

Excuse me ladies and gentlemen, I've come with a special announcement from OffBi OffBi . I know you're all dieing to hear what he has to say, but I think it's something we all need to hear, and it starts with the big black N

That's right, im gonna say the N WORD.

I know this may come as a shock, but please, contain your excitement. For I am about to blow this whole thread away by saying it.

Let's just cut to the chase.

*fixes bowtie*

*clears throat*

*throws a geno whirl at a random audience member hitting a 9999*

*takes a sip of water*

Ahhhh, alright... Here we go...

Screenshot_20200110-154850_Chrome.jpg

OffBi

Smash Ace
View attachment 256591
"AHEM!"

*tink tink*

Excuse me ladies and gentlemen, I've come with a special announcement from OffBi OffBi . I know you're all dieing to hear what he has to say, but I think it's something we all need to hear, and it starts with the big black N

I know this may come as a shock, but please, contain your excitement. For I am about to blow this whole thread away by saying it.

*fixes bowtie*

*clears throat*

*takes a sip of water*

View attachment 256592
l-****ing-mao

Firox

Smash Master
View attachment 256591
"AHEM!"

*tink tink*

*fixes bowtie*

*clears throat*

*takes a sip of water*

View attachment 256592
*GASP* Such language! I'm forever scarred! Man, this thread sure has fallen from grace. Next thing you know we'll be throwing around 4-letter words like
XBOX

Or

Sora

T2by4

Smash Lord
*GASP* Such language! I'm forever scarred! Man, this thread sure has fallen from grace. Next thing you know we'll be throwing around 4-letter words like
XBOX

Or

Sora
Please do not say that S word in a holy place like this. This is a Christian thread.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Also thanks adambel for the "boomer" pass
Now that you were gifted the "ok bommer" pass by a zoomer, you now can argue against anyone old (like people in this thread) with those two words.

You have been entrusted with this gift, do not take it for granted. Maybe some others will get the pass, but for now you must use your power responsibly.:ultpacman:

Last edited:

OffBi

Smash Ace
Now that you were gifted the "ok bommer" pass by a zoomer, you now can argue against anyone in this thread with those two words.

You have been entrusted with this gift, do not take it for granted. Maybe some other will get the pass, but for now you must use your power responsibly.:ultpacman:
i will sensei

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So the truth came out, eh?

Let me come back here one more time to verify Fatman's claims. Yes, I was someone who was aware of the supposed 'true meaning' (a.k.a the lack thereof with only speculation from sources behind it) of the starling. There was a reason why I was so adamant about people not talking about it when it does amount to a load of nothing. It was a picture hint presented to the source was no clue as to what it could mean, and the source could only guess that it meant a disconfirmation for Geno. It is also a part of why I felt awfully hopeless about Geno for the longest and REALLY urged people to temper expectations, prepare for the worst, etcetera. The meaning of the starling all along was a complete non-meaning, as I'd stated before, if not bad news. This is why people 'knew' what the starling was before going back and saying they 'had no clue'. Assumptions were made, and at this point, thinking about it or discussing it any longer is pointless. The discourse that comes of it has no fruit. Sharing the image was a massive mistake. Fatman knows this, I know this, we all know this.

Why am I verifying this? Simple answer: because it is simply not worth talking about or mentioning again. I already see seeds of it being a topic again being planted, as well as being used as 'evidence for Geno', so just don't. It's a non-entity and a symbol of a huge mistake that shouldn't be revisited. From here, I can only hope everyone completely drops the starling and never gives it the light of day again. If Geno gets in, I'm sure we'll all look back at it and have a hearty laugh, but 'til then, just... none of that. The starling is just a loaded bird filled with C4. Let's not touch that again, m'kay? Take it from one of Geno's hugest advocates in recent memory: this ain't ****, chief, lol.

(Also, no, not an insider, never want to be one, don't give a **** about internet clout, etc. Don't you dare come throwing questions at me and spreading a load of **** because unlike Fatman, I am far less kind and considerate when it comes to Smash fandom's bull****. I'm just verifying that these are claims, true or not, that I've known about and aren't just forgeries or Photoshop jobs.)
Yep. Duck Queen used to be one of my confidants and was for almost a year. She is the confidant in the censored starling picture. Like she just explained, she got tired of people being weirdly cruel to Geno fans and bounced. Now, out of respect, I no longer bug her with this stuff. As she established, she perfectly demonstrated why I chose her as one of my confidants: she didn't openly brag about it, she didn't blast info I shared whether it wound up being or wrong, etc. I trusted her with info from I believe January to close to December and I don't think she told a soul.

I brought up the Starling again because it's kind of when the weird vitriol of Smash speculation kind of began. I was called a liar and a con man for not sharing it and was basically pressured to share it despite repeated insistence that I needed permission first because nobody knew if it was even significant. From there, weird drama unfolded and, again, the crippling irony is that a lot of the drama of the second half of the year unfolded because people were starved for info and didn't respect boundaries. Basically "Geno" really was what people were speculating what it meant but from there a cover up happened and it was insisted that it was buried. It was decided that the public "couldn't handle the truth" of what people guessed it meant and that it was never explained and, like Megadoomer showed earlier on my literal birthday post on the topic, I believed that was the wrong approach then and I believe it was wrong now. We should have been truthful and I should have not subcome to peer pressure to try to bury it without offering the public an explanation.

Again, "look at how far we've come." The starling leaked in July and a lot has unfolded. Lot of drama. Lot of hatemail and death treats. Me becoming a lot more active on Discord because I was wanting to try to do something about how much people outside this thread genuinely hated me. Again, everything, including the doxx attempt, can be traced back to a bird on a roof. It's funny in a dark humor sort of way. It's ridiculous that a simple fun picture hint between friends turned into this massive thing. Ironically, as someone who has dealt with half a year of stress and genuine conflict over similar events, it's funny and I have to say that I still forgive people for being genuinely awful in that timespan.

Last edited:

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
You know, I just realized, if Geno has a suicide move like Kirby and Ganondorf, he’d be committing Genocide. And a player who got really good at using it would be a Genocidal maniac

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, a lot of signs that we could be getting a megaton Direct as soon as next week and there's a possibility that its the day that some of us have waited for most of our lives for. I know it's kind of weird to say but I feel this is a good time for quiet reflection but it honestly is when you think about everything that has happened in the past year. Hero's datamine unintentionally leaked around this time last year and that's something all in itself to consider. Most people believed that was Geno's "dead in the water" moment and yet, here we are, more optimistic than we probably have ever been as a collective fanbase. Not to be too trite but it's funny how life works out sometimes.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Some advice: “I’m not racist I was just bored so I joked about racism” isn’t a great look
First of all, just want to reiterate I’m not a racist. Want to make that clear. Also, who cares? People have different senses of humor. Especially dark humor. Comedians make racist jokes ALL THE TIME. Also, I didn’t even make any racist jokes.

Last edited by a moderator:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
The idea that a direct is probably imminent and we genuinely have at least some chance that it could be the day we’ve all been waiting for is a surreal feeling to me. I’ve never felt like that before any presentation. Geno has always been “ruled out” for the next direct well in advance due to prior reveals or someone leaking the direct to soften the blow.

It’s a beautiful feeling that we are at least approaching the territory where we can go into a direct thinking “this is a possibility TODAY”.

Our time is nigh, be it in the next direct or somewhat soon after.

First of all, just want to reiterate I’m not a racist. Want to make that clear. Also, who cares? People have different senses of humor. Especially dark humor. Comedians make racist jokes ALL THE TIME. Also, I didn’t even make any racist jokes.
Are you trying to convince me or yourself that you aren’t a racist? Because I certainly didn’t call you one

Last edited:

T2by4

Smash Lord
So, a lot of signs that we could be getting a megaton Direct as soon as next week and there's a possibility that its the day that some of us have waited for most of our lives for. I know it's kind of weird to say but I feel this is a good time for quiet reflection but it honestly is when you think about everything that has happened in the past year. Hero's datamine unintentionally leaked around this time last year and that's something all in itself to consider. Most people believed that was Geno's "dead in the water" moment and yet, here we are, more optimistic than we probably have ever been as a collective fanbase. Not to be too trite but it's funny how life works out sometimes.
>geno dead in the water

Anyone have that photoshop of pinochio shopped as Geno laying face down in a puddle of water. Got a new phone and lost it and need to save it for later memes.

You seem really confident that this could be Geno's time Fatmanonice Fatmanonice What would you rate his chances of him being in this direct or even being in at all? (as a fighter of course) I'd personally say maybe a 2% chance, but around 75% for E3 since I think they are gonna want to do the bige reveals then.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The idea that a direct is probably imminent and we genuinely have at least some chance that it could be the day we’ve all been waiting for is a surreal feeling to me. I’ve never felt like that before any presentation. Geno has always been “ruled out” for the next direct well in advance due to prior reveals or someone leaking the direct to soften the blow.

It’s a beautiful feeling that we are at least approaching the territory where we can go into a direct thinking “this is a possibility TODAY”.

Our time is nigh, be it in the next direct or somewhat soon after.

Are you trying to convince me or yourself that you aren’t a racist? Because I certainly didn’t call you one
And I never said you did. Just making a statement just in case anyone thought that. I’d like to make a good impression on people and I don’t want people to believe like im some a**hole saying racist jokes are funny. Certainly some aren’t funny but people do have different kinds of humor.

Edit: If some were offended by my statement, I apologize.

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
And I never said you did. Just making a statement just in case anyone thought that. I’d like to make a good impression on people and I don’t want people to believe like im some a**hole saying racist jokes are funny. Certainly some aren’t funny but people do have different kinds of humor.

Edit: If some were offended by my statement, I apologize.
Worth noting asshole isn't censored anymore.

Also worth noting that kind of close to racist jokes are usually not going to come off well in public. Doesn't make you remotely racist, the jokes just rarely work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom