• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

If you're bringing in outside information that hasn't been publicly discussed by other sources, then you're the point of contact for that particular idea/rumor and thus the "leaker" in question. Sabi and Vergeben just give us information based upon what their sources tell us, thus they are "leakers" because they are the point of contact for new information. Fatmanonice pushing certain ideas regarding fighter #5 based upon some sources he has heard (such as it will be disappointing or not a fan favorite) are really the first time we've heard of these things, so yes, at that point, you're moving beyond speculation and becoming the point of contact.
I think you're conflating the stuff he has heard with the stuff that he is speculating and trust me that's easy to get mixed up based on Fatman's verbiage. I do it all the time but that's what makes his case so unique compared to Sabi and Verge. Fatman's not a leaker. He's a speculator. He's doing the exact same **** he's been doing for over a decade, just this time he has his been dealt a hand where some of the cards give him access to certain information we don't. He understands this responsibility and is frankly handling it well. Granted, he hasn't always but he's owned up to his mistakes and did so publically. He's only sharing his opinions so that those suffering this leak drought can have a piece of mind. He doesn't owe us anything but is still happy to share because he enjoys doing this and he understands how painfully annoying it can be.

I cannot condone the idea of disqualifying him from speculating and besides Fatman's not even certain about half the **** he's spueing and admits that. You won't get that from ego-driven leakers looking for street cred. If Buddy Holly or Jimi Hendrix gave me some tips on how to play guitar, should I just give up playing guitar?

(That metaphor is probably dumb af but pot is legal in my country so idc)

He's the only one claiming that #5 will be disappointing to the Smash fan base and the only one who has ever spoken publicly to the idea that "Season 2" will be more fan favorite based.
I may have my biases for Fatman and I consider him a friend but even I don't buy into it. It's on me though to take his word for gospel or not. He's not selling you anything but people are still willing to purchase. If you subsequently get buyers remorse, then that's on you bro. I don't agree with him on this however I'm not gonna try to antagonize him and tell him he shouldn't be sharing his theories. That's just his thing and he enjoys it. Why strip him of this?

(fyi I'm not accusing you specifically of doing any of this Eric. You make some great posts and I enjoy reading them but I'm kinda just summing up my feelings in this post while responding at the same time).

If you're playing with additional information not known to the public, then you're most certainly going beyond "just speculation" at that point regardless of how legitimate or illegitimate that information is. It can be a mix of your speculation and your "sources," but if the information that you're speculating around isn't known to the public and you're the first to talk about it, you're still officially the "leak" at that point.
Since when did we start giving limitations to what's considered speculation or not? Like, I'm totally pickin up what you're laying down and he definately has certain privileges that we don't. But he hasn't put all his eggs in one basket based on the things he said because even he's not sure what the outcome may be despite these privileges. Once Easter comes though and he does start overflowing that basket with eggs, than yeah, we can put him on "leaker" status but this isn't the case.

If a random leaker were to personally call me up and give me some deets like: "bro, fp5 is gonna be super cool and someone from a playstation console" and I started speculating whoever he/she may be, does that automatically void my speculation too solely because I got some insider info? I don't think that's fair.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Great... Now this discussion just makes me wish Geno had a full on sword gun. "**** logic; the guns in my arms fire 400 katana length swords per second!"
*jump cut to Gaz loading entire magazines of katanas into Geno’s arms*

Man I’m starting to really wonder what Gaz’s parents were thinking buying him that toy

D

Deleted member

I get that the maintenance update is real.

But I don’t know if it really connects to something huge coming.

D

Deleted member

I get that the maintenance update is real.

But I don’t know if it really connects to something huge coming.
Could be version 9.2.0 or version 10.0. The former would probably bring just stability updates. The latter could bring some neat stuff like a new feature but nothing immensely major, although I wish it was.

D

Deleted member

Love the Lion King and Scar is a great villain plus the hyenas were awesome so I really like these references.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
He said that too but it's food for thought given it's the same week a lot of people, including me, are currently expecting a Direct. On it's own, yes, it's a huge stretch.
Hm, how often have we had Monday directs in the past? I agree that a Direct that week seems probable, I’m just wondering if the maintenance will directly (heh) coincide

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Hm, how often have we had Monday directs in the past? I agree that a Direct that week seems probable, I’m just wondering if the maintenance will directly (heh) coincide
I don't think that Monday is the Direct. It may likely be a day or two after that.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I don't believe a Monday Direct but Tuesday or Wednesday of that week would fit nicely with when Directs typically happen.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Another reason why I think a Super Mario RPG remake is extremely likely: Miyamoto himself. He was a stickler for the longest time about how the characters and Mario himself were used in games. It came to the point where it became incredibly stale. But, Miyamoto has distanced himself from the franchise more recently and the characters have become way more expressive, look at Mario Odyssey and Luigi’s Mansion 3 for example. He even stated in an interview that he wants Mario to become more creative and different scenarios in the future and uh...https://www.reactiongifs.us/well-there-it-is-jurassic-park/

Edit: Damn it. Thought that gif would work.

Last edited by a moderator:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I think it is time to reveal myself as one of Fatman’s contacts.

In reality I am Charles Stiles from Mystery Diners.

I have three cameras set up at Nintendo of America, four cameras set up on Nintendo of Europe, two cameras set up on Nintendo of Japan, six cameras set up on Sora LTD and one camera set up at Bandai Namco.

The reason why Nintendo Ninjas never catch me is because I always release the drone.
GOD!
DAMMIT!
Guys, I've got a hot and steamy leak for you all (because everything I say is a leak, right?) from the official Nintendo website. Let's speculate!

View attachment 255001
Is it time...?
EMvK-tlUwAAMMcO.jpg:large.jpeg

Bruh

Edit: Sorry you had to see this.
Where the HELL is the Geno Hat, my dude?
"Video footage of Fatmanonice sharing speculation and rumors with the Geno thread, 2019."

View attachment 255004
You say that, but I don't quite think any of us are prepared for this...

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I have no idea why, but my mind just went back to the Geno costume reveal in Smash 4 and how much of a blessing in disguise that was. I mean, without it, we would've never known about Sakurai's view on Geno and given that taste of hope for Geno's future. I doubt Geno would've gotten as much speculative attention as he has for Smash Ultimate as well.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I have no idea why, but my mind just went back to the Geno costume reveal in Smash 4 and how much of a blessing in disguise that was. I mean, without it, we would've never known about Sakurai's view on Geno and given that taste of hope for Geno's future. I doubt Geno would've gotten as much speculative attention as he has for Smash Ultimate as well.
Wait, didn't Sakurai say he wanted to add Geno into Brawl before?

In fact, before Cloud was added in Smash 4, wasn't it said that Geno was considered before Cloud was chosen?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Don’t forget he’s one of the characters that Sakurai openly likes and wanted to include.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yes, in a response to a question about the Geno Mii costume. His elaboration on it revealed that fact, so if we never got it we would've likely never known.
I think Sakurai said that he wanted Geno in Brawl before even Smash 4 came out, though?

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Love the Lion King and Scar is a great villain plus the hyenas were awesome so I really like these references.
I found Scar to be a bit of a prima dona once he finally took power. Even before then, he didn't strike me as one of the greats.

Frollo, Ursula and Hades though. Now we are talking!

Also just fyi, I am still working on my proposed idea for his move set. I should have it posted soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom