• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Is this the source that Fatman is using right now? The one that is saying “controversial third party western rep”?

0B872E93-A8FB-4324-BC35-D4C34DE50890.png

If this is all true, I don’t think we should take this source seriously anymore. (Not a knock against Fatman, but a potential faulty source)

Last edited:

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
Friendly reminder to keep the discussion geno-related.
I always thought that regardless of whether our starsend saviour is in a "likely like like leak" or not, I really think he's coming, I'm just waiting to celebrate with you all

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Okay, so I just found out something that I think you guys would find interesting. Be warned though, it has spoilers for Shovel Knight: King of Cards.
Turns out there is bonus boss in the expansion that just so happens to remind me a lot of Culex. I mean, it's obvious that is because they are centering the entire boss as a big reference to Final Fantasy, but the circumstances of her being there is very much like Culex, albeit in a more heroic light rather than a villainous one. I wonder if they got inspired by Culex specifically or if it's just one big coincidence that comes with Final Fantasy refrencing bonus bosses.

Go to 32:07 to see the full encounter.

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Why are people saying the Mii Costume leaker and the supposed "controversial third party" source are the same person? Nothing Fatman has said implies that at all and its pretty clear they aernt related

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
I really think we gotta stop looking for Fighter #5 as of right now.

Nintendo has seemingly stepped up their leak prevention game, as with Terry, the only reason he was known to us beforehand is due to Nintendo's own mistake.

It is clear that leakers aren't gonna help us this time. So we should just prepare for the unexpected I think. So for anyone who is gonna get upset that Fighter #5 isn't a huge request like Sora or Crash or something, I'd take this lull as an opportunity to brace yourself in case it isn't someone you wanted.

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Friendly reminder to keep the discussion geno-related.
I always thought that regardless of whether our starsend saviour is in a "likely like like leak" or not, I really think he's coming, I'm just waiting to celebrate with you all
Except that this person is the same one who backed Mallow/Smithy Mii costumes if I’m not mistaken.

So it is Geno related if this person really is a fraud like that post suggests, because that could be a potential hit to a rumor regarding Geno. And if these accusations are true, its absolutely important to bring it up to avoid misinformation being spread.

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
he had heard rumors for Marvel vs Capcom 4 as well as Marvel vs DC and was able to find these things out based on the movie studios he supposedly has connections to.
I’d be curious to hear when he brought up these things considering they are things that have been guessable for awhile now. Like Ed Boon had a poll asking about what future game people would most want and MvDC won. MK vs Street Fighter got second I think and it turns out later on that WB had approached Capcom about it but were turned down. So I have long guessed MvDC was attempted. I only say this because really it seems like anyone could join in insider discussion under the illusion of having connections by coming up with logical sounding leaks. Because really how often do people actually show their sources.
Not that I am questioning the people you’ve heard Smash stuff from though. Just the fact that Cacodemon is both believed to be true and false by two people with genuine into leads me to wonder how much of these leaks/rumors are at least partially guesswork and assumptions.

Yes but, very strangely, both believe in the same character but one believes they will be 5 and the other believes they will be 6. That's the big debate. "6" has been argued to be 5 by a good number of people and seen as the last character of the pass. What's interesting about this viewpoint is that it kind of leads to the same conclusion I've been making for months that Geno has a strong chance of being 6 or 7. To me personally, "7" makes more sense for a lot more reasons then just the cheekiness of it and I'll go into that in my big ass essay during my Christmas break.
I think a key thing to keep in mind here is that according to my sources 6 is afraid of 7 because 7 ate 9. Do we really think a Bethesda rep like Doomguy or Dovakhin would be afraid if Geno because he ate another fighter? Would Geno be physically capable of doing that? Would he not be morally opposed to murder I think these are things we should keep in mind going forward.

(yes I made this joke before I don’t care)

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Why are people saying the Mii Costume leaker and the supposed "controversial third party" source are the same person? Nothing Fatman has said implies that at all and its pretty clear they aernt related
Read my post again. I literally asked if he was the one spear heading that rumor or not. And Fatman never said where that rumor came from, so idk which source said that.

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Thought of another controversial third party western character that would infuriate the fandom: FNAF stealing the indie rep spot from Shantae or Quote or Undertale or Shovel Knight

Though I'm still leaning to Dovakhiin because that's the one that actually relates to Geno

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
If Fatman comes back later, we need to ask him about this source of his. And whether or not it was the one backing the Western 3rd Party.

Because if that post is true, it is completely unreliable.

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
If Fatman comes back later, we need to ask him about this source of his.

That's not the same source, the person who leaked the costumes said Crash was 5 initially

The only person I've EVER seen say Popeye should be in Smash is Indiegamerchick

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
I've been saying that FNAF is actually kinda likely for ages now.
also, I really want a Fallout rep as our Bethesda reo. Please...
Also geno's recovery has to be flash.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Has there been a consensus on what Geno's aerial recovery would be?
I've seen people posit the idea that Geno Boost could be his recovery, because BOOST. The Geno mod for Brawl has him turn into a cannon and fire himself upwards, which I honestly don't like very much. I've made my own in my Geno Moveset post, which you can find here:
https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/page-1511#post-23603157

Long post short, my idea is that his star form leaves his body for a split second, then his puppet body rushes back to meet it. Before the body begins rushing to the star, it still has a hurtbox. But when it's rushing towards the star it becomes a near-invincible hitbox, doing damage on the way over. Also, the star has no hurtbox whatsoever. It's not based on something he does in the games per se, but more based on his own anatomy.

If Fatman comes back later, we need to ask him about this source of his.

I don't think it's the same guy. He mentions that this guy only listed the SquareEnix Mii Costumes after they were revealed, but the Mii Costumes list was provided to PapaGenos on the 19th of July, a full 10 days before they were officially revealed.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
If Cave Story or Minecraft doesn't get in Smash, I can guarantee Freddy Fazbear isn't getting in either.

Do you think he could take some moves from assorted Mario RPG enemies/Axom Rangers? Judging from Mega Man, Simon, Villager, that seems to be Sakarai's MO. Getting in as much of the series into the character as possible.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
*breathes deeply*

Ahhh! Good day Genobros!!! :grin:

I hope everyone is doing well, and that the weekend has been splendid so far. Before touching upon more thoughts on Geno,

So, food for thought about the 5 rumors, the following characters have been rumored for the 5 slot in insider circles since September: Ryu, Geralt, Nightmare, Lloyd, Sephiroth, Sol, and Dante. Strangely, all these characters are sword users which potentially suggests that all 7 were red herrings for a sword user as well. To throw more on the sword pile, the following Mii costumes from Smash 4 are still MIA (minus Geno and Chocobo who were arguably supposed to come with Hero and Heihachi for Terry): Monster Hunter, Rathalos, Lloyd, Gil, Megaman EXE, and Megaman X. The strongest overarching themes are swords and heavy armor, again, potentially suggesting that 5 is supposed to represent both themes too.
*stops to think*

Oh... don't tell me it's...

*Falcom JDK band starts playing in the background... getting louder*

If we're talking about swords and heavy/mild armor, could it be that my BOI is going to get his chance?!?!

Oh! I wanted to share this with you all because it's kind of neat. One of my contacts made this theory about Direct dates and Amiibos releases and made this handy chart to share and help people visualize his ideas:

View attachment 253009
The other day I was thinking on time windows between the DLC character reveals, and their release dates. For Fighter #5 I too estimated that it might be released some time during January, but the reveal would most likely be this month (December). However, seeing as we're approaching the holidays, if Nintendo doesn't tweet a Direct announcement by early next week (no later than Wednesday maybe), then we might be waiting until January for the reveal. :( Oh well.

All of that aside, I suppose this may have been touched upon before on this thread but, thinking on Geno's possible stats in-game, I see him having a mobility similar to Mega Man's. They would both share approximately the same height, and Geno being a doll (with his built-in weapons he almost passes as a robot), it would seem likely that his movement speed, jump speed, and descent would match Mega's. In regards to his weight however... not sure if he'd be lighter than Mega Man, or the just as heavy. I do hope that due to his unique circumstances, he at least comes along with more tracks than previous Square Enix characters (I'd be fine with four to eight tracks). The tracks being *drum roll*

- Fight Against Monsters (Remix)
- Fight Against a Somewhat Stronger Monster (original or Remix)
- Fight Against an Armed Boss (this HAS to be a Remix)
- Beware the Forest's Mushroom (original or Remix)
- And My Name's Bukki (a Remix would be nice :shades:)
- Weapon's Factory (original or Remix)
- Fight Against Smithy (original or Remix)
- Fight Against Smithy, Who Likes Transforming (Remix... pls :sadeyes:)

Some honorable mentions for possible tracks include:

- Happy Adventure, Delightful Adventure (would be great, but it being too cheery might not fit the theme of battle... maybe?)
- Sunken Ship (the theme would be more fitting to the Luigi's Mansion stage, IF Geno's stage does end up being the Forest Maze, imo)
- Fight Against Culex (since this is a theme from the Final Fantasy universe, I don't think Square would want to mix both universes this time around. I might be wrong though, and if so, sign me up cause a remix of this would be badass) Galaxy Brain: make this theme also playable in the Midgar stage. :eek:
- Margarie Margarita (this theme slaps, such aristocracy, much fancy :chrono:)
- Barrel Volcano (this theme... also slaps. HARD. REMIX PLS. :2gud:)

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Is this the source that Fatman is using right now? The one that is saying “controversial third party western rep”?

View attachment 253021

If this is all true, I don’t think we should take this source seriously anymore. (Not a knock against Fatman, but a potential faulty source)
I only recall IndieGamerChick saying stuff about Jill. Doesn’t SenselessBreak kind of troll a bit as well? I think he kinda lied about a few things before, regarding characters on a disconfirmed list since he really didn’t want them (this was before the big disconfirm list we have now).

Last edited:

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
It will never cease to amaze me how fast this thread moves in the short time I'm away.

Definitely not. The most popular options are Geno Boost being used as a vertical "boost," or using the Geno Flash cannon to fire him upwards.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
I only recall IndieGamerChick saying stuff about Jill. Doesn’t SenselessBreak kind of troll a bit as well? I think he kinda lied about a few things before, regarding characters on a disconfirmed list since he really didn’t want them (this was before the big disconfirm list we have now).
I can’t confirm that at this very moment, so idk.

Apparently he has talked to S**i in private before, which other members in the board also vouched this claim.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It will never cease to amaze me how fast this thread moves in the short time I'm away.

Definitely not. The most popular options are Geno Boost being used as a vertical "boost," or using the Geno Flash cannon to fire him upwards.
One I've heard is Mallow floating Geno up with the same animation he uses for his Magic attacks.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
When I posted a moveset I made a while back, I chose something from SMRPG that didn't come from Geno's moveset that would work for him similar to Rosalina, Sonic, Mega Man, and Banjo.

The Spinning Flower:

It sends the person standing on it flying in the direction they're facing when they leap. Geno's special moves aren't good for recovery purposes in my eyes (I actually dislike how Legacy XP handled it, even though it is inventive). And Geno Boost is a stat-boost like Deep Breathing, there's no movement involved with it whatsoever.

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
So, this is a gigantic reach but i thought if nothing else it was an interesting coincidence

Remember how WAY back in April during Joker's presentation they showed off Stage Builder? Everyone shouted out that the green witch was hinting at Banjo-Kazooie, and that the hallway at the end was hinting at Sans? Lo and behold, both got in eventually.

I was rewatching it again for nostalgia and... that dragon definitely looks a LOT like Alduin from Skyrim...

1576351972668.png

1576352027574.png

Could the answer have been in plain sight all along? Could this really mean CacoMallow was real and Geno is coming home?

More likely it's just a coincidence... but an interesting one

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
So, this is a gigantic reach but i thought if nothing else it was an interesting coincidence

Remember how WAY back in April during Joker's presentation they showed off Stage Builder? Everyone shouted out that the green witch was hinting at Banjo-Kazooie, and that the hallway at the end was hinting at Sans? Lo and behold, both got in eventually.

I was rewatching it again for nostalgia and... that dragon definitely looks a LOT like Alduin from Skyrim...

Could the answer have been in plain sight all along? Could this really mean CacoMallow was real and Geno is coming home?

Who knows at this point.

Probably means nothing though.

Ray102396

Smash Apprentice

Hm... If anything, I would have thought the dragon was hinting towards Dragon Quest. Plus I don't think they would hint to Dragonborn if they're number 5, but not have a hint to Terry, number 4. Though this is making me want to check out that video again, and see if there's any other possible hints to any other future DLC choices. If I see any stage in that that has anything to do with stars, hoo boy...

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
I get the sense that it would be projectile lift off recovery like Robin or the mii gunner...

But i’d much prefer an overhead hitbox!

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Hm... If anything, I would have thought the dragon was hinting towards Dragon Quest. Plus I don't think they would hint to Dragonborn if they're number 5, but not have a hint to Terry, number 4. Though this is making me want to check out that video again, and see if there's any other possible hints to any other future DLC choices. If I see any stage in that that has anything to do with stars, hoo boy...
I'd just like to say, I always read your posts in Lapis' voice

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman

View attachment 253021

I dont think this is true mainly cus of the SE content claim. The mallow, smithy, and chocabo miis were on the exact same post as the banjo miis. The og post was in july 19 before heros showcase got revealed. So the claim about him saying it was after is 100 precent false. Unless hes talking about some other Se content in which case idk. Another thing proving this guys credibility is that he has gotten many things right in the past making him reliable. So all and all I think this dude is fine.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So resecting the moderators rules, and keeping in line with that I wonder is there any Geno themed Christmas pictures?

Last edited by a moderator:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

I also saw people saying the dragon was Dragon Quest, but idk.

I don’t think this stuff means anything, but if it somehow does, that Ultimate Chimera shows King Porky is finally joining the roster! Spankety, spankety, spankety! Bahahaha!

Last edited:

Plank08

Smash Lord
So I’m going to be less active in this board, @ me when those stock icons are finished please, I would reccomend you guys join the Star Road Discord server, it’s very fun and could use some more
Members.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I've never really thought any of Geno's existing moves really made sense for a recovery Sakurai could always just do his own interpretation of a move or just make something up but that's pretty ehhh.

A really cool idea that I've had that I haven't seen brought up before is making his Star form actually part of his recovery, like it could pop out and spin around him like he does when he first possesses the doll and as well as how he flies away at the end of the game. Incorporating his Star form into his moveset in some way feels like a great idea and this is a perfect way to do it.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, just for clarification, and to sum things up (please correct me if I’m wrong)-

Old NoA source, who has leaked a number of very big things, and has direct knowledge of the Nintendo Legal team’s happenings, has explicitly stated they believe Cacomallow is fake because Nintendo’s legal team hasn’t made a stink about it at all. Old NoA believes character 5 is X and we don’t know what they believe 6 to be.
New source, who also leaked a number of big things (some the same as Old NoA) and who is the one behind the Mii Costume Leak, is described by A Certain Insider to be a “notorious troll,” but is still clearly connected. New source believes Character 5 is Y and that Character 6 is X.
Specifically, in this instance, character Y is a 3rd Party Western Rep that would be “controversial” as it would implicitly deconfirm a highly requested character.
However, New Source’s beliefs on the characters, if true, would somehow nearly confirm Cacomallow being real, or at least by some metric would be seriously good for Geno’s chances.

So with that in mind, I have a few questions (all pertaining to Geno cuz that’s all that matters to me and I’m not tryna get reported lmao):

-I want to believe the Mii Costume leak, but given that Geno fans are essentially the smash speculation fanbase’s easy punching bag, it would certainly not be impossible for a malicious insider to take a list of legitimate info and slide in false things to mess with Geno supporters. Since New Source has been described as a troll, can you point to any instances of them leaking false info?

-On Character X and Character Y: are they both generally accepted to be our next two characters in some order? Or are they merely the top choices of two reliable sources but not really settled on by more than that? And with that in mind, What is it about New Source’s belief that Character Y is 5 and Character X is 6 specifically speaks well for Geno? Since Old NoA Source doesn’t seem to believe in Character Y, is it just that Character Y would assumedly confirm Cacomallow with its Mii Costumes? Or is it that Character X being #6 that makes you think, in some form, Cacomallow would be confirmed?

-In the past you’ve said insider-speculator confidence on Geno is high; I forget exactly what you said, but it was something like at the lowest like half of them believe Geno is in. Given all the ruckus in the leaker-speculative community recently, where do people stand now and why? Is it just based off sources hearing his name from other sources in passing? Cacomallow possibilities? Or have people began to lean one way or the other based off other info?

Sorry this is a lot mate- whether or not you feel like answering I appreciate the hope you give. I’d be lying if my jaded self doesn’t really know what or who to believe at this point, but your optimism on the matter is a real positive driving force for Geno supporters, whether or not what you believe comes true. So thank you.
Okay, let me try to sort this all out:

-The "new" source isn't exactly new. They too have been sharing info all year, it's just that I've only met them very recently and learned their backstory. A couple of other people have used them as a contact in the past and some still do.

-This source REALLY doesn't like being called a troll. He even pointed out a recent example of someone calling him one and it really set him off.

-Talking with this guy one on one, he likes the Geno fanbase. He said something along the lines of "he loves the positive reactions of the Geno fanbase and it makes him that happy some of the news he's delivering is it giving it more hope." He also has said that Geno isn't a character he's super attached to but he "admires the dedication of the Geno fanbase."

-Okay... Let me see if I can get this right... Character X is the Western character, the old NoA source has not spoken on them but he has spoken on Character Y who he has argued is probably character 5 and he had been saying it since probably July, on and off. The "new" source believes Character X is 5 and Character Y is 6.

-Character X would presumably confirm Cacomallow but not absolutely. There is still the possibility that Character X could happen but Cacomallow is fake. It's weird. The idea that Cacomallow is real comes from the fact that Cacomallow coming with Character X makes sense under a lot of trains of thought.

-Confidence in Geno is high for a wide variety of reasons and I can write paragraphs on the topic itself. Some shotgun examples are his longevity, the fact that he's still being heard even after Hero's release, a lot of very strange coincidences tied to the character, the missing Mii costume, Sakurai's words in the past, the various leaks he's currently attached to, usable assets from past games, high fan demand, etc.

Hope this covers everything.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
I've never really thought any of Geno's existing moves really made sense for a recovery Sakurai could always just do his own interpretation of a move or just make something up but that's pretty ehhh.

A really cool idea that I've had that I haven't seen brought up before is making his Star form actually part of his recovery, like it could pop out and spin around him like he does when he first possesses the doll and as well as how he flies away at the end of the game. Incorporating his Star form into his moveset in some way feels like a great idea and this is a perfect way to do it.
Inb4 Geno's Up B is actually a teleport. Geno being the doll (body), his true form as pinshadow pinshadow mentions could propel itself out of Geno's body, and instantly teleport the body to where the star spirit moves. For example, Up B can be angled, and upon starting the move, the star spirit shoots out quickly towards the direction one chooses to move towards to, and then Geno's body teleports instantly to said spot. The star spirit at that moment it reaches its point of placement, has a hitbox with small to moderate knockback, so to give Geno time for the body to teleport to where the star spirit is.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Haven't been in here for quite awhile since it's been shut down, happy we're back tho. Anything noteworthy been gapping in speculation regarding Geno or any other rep that could maybe help his inclusion??

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
[EDIT] Whoops, my mistake lol

It was an official Twitter post from Nintendo about a Smash direct but I missed that it was posted in Dec. 2015, you know the drill.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom