• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
I'd have to agree. I can see Geno transcending spirit status based on what you said.
Yeaj Geno and Shantae i feel are 100% beimg upgraded, as they are clearly the most wanted spirits by far.
Comments like these is the 1# reason why I’m having a hard time believing this “spirits upgrades” thing going around here

Unironically, I do generally believe Geno is most likely coming some day, just because how extremely “vocal“ you guys are

But once Geno gets in

”Oh what about Shantare!!!”

”Oh what about Rayman??”

”No! Jill should be upgraded!”

”No, what about Dixie Kong?”

And so forth and so forth,

People are trying to use Geno as a christ-figure like / scrappy underdog face for the hope that “any spirits that can be upgradable!”

But I 99% know for a fact, that it’s going to be a determent when he inevitably gets in. Basically the “survivors guilt” or “Why dose he get ______ but we don’t?“ for Geno

And before someone says, no I really don’t think Sakurai is going add many bonuses, as much some people are saying on here, especially since he openly stated in his book how much he dislike season passes and DLC (and just in general working on the same game for so long)

Nopote

Smash Apprentice
I just came to a VERY interesting realization. See, I just use google autofill to get to the Geno thread, and it always takes me to the page from back when CacoMallow was first going around, that just so happens to have this image with a message from Sabi on it.

His reaction made me think it's real. Well whatever, the source just had a weird reaction to a crazy potential leak, who cares right? He said it didn't mean Doomguy or Geno later so what matters? See, thats the thing, it was pretty much 4-5 days later when Sabi said that's what the source told them. If the source knew who Fighter 5 was, why would it take so long to shoot down the two characters implied in the leak? Unless the character they knew just so happened to be somewhat related to one of the characters connected to the leak, maybe from the same company perhaps, and they may have wanted to do some fact checking of their own to be sure they were correct?

Just some crackpot theories for thought.
I recall that the source only really said that the character didn't have a connection with the Mii costumes, which is rather vague, all things considered. Besides, it was a full video of actual gameplay; just about anyone regardless of being in the know would react like that, especially since they probably don't know the later DLC or the Mii costumes.

Who really knows honestly, this leak season has been full of endless baits that people have been latching onto like candy.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I think I’d be pretty pissed at this outcome. Although again, I don’t get how he who must not be named’s source can claim that the CacoMallow leak has nothing to do with FP5 if it is Dragonborn.

Well, even if Doom Slayer is out, Master Chief is on the table for round 2. Especially with Halo coming to Switch. But if he gets passed over too I’ll be even more pissed. It’s just stupid that the FPS genre gets shafted.

But it’s too early to get upset. And sorry but, it’s a rumor coming from Fatman, who I don’t really trust. This whole, “ I totally meant spirits” is just very fishy to me. But hey, if you’re right about this, this may be the thing that finally gives you credibility.

I just came to a VERY interesting realization. See, I just use google autofill to get to the Geno thread, and it always takes me to the page from back when CacoMallow was first going around, that just so happens to have this image with a message from Sabi on it.

His reaction made me think it's real. Well whatever, the source just had a weird reaction to a crazy potential leak, who cares right? He said it didn't mean Doomguy or Geno later so what matters? See, thats the thing, it was pretty much 4-5 days later when Sabi said that's what the source told them. If the source knew who Fighter 5 was, why would it take so long to shoot down the two characters implied in the leak? Unless the character they knew just so happened to be somewhat related to one of the characters connected to the leak, maybe from the same company perhaps, and they may have wanted to do some fact checking of their own to be sure they were correct?

Just some crackpot theories for thought.
But the thing is, the source also said the Cacomallow leak had nothing to do with FP5.

Last edited:

Nopote

Smash Apprentice
I think I’d be pretty pissed at this outcome. Although again, I don’t get how he who must not be named’s source can claim that the CacoMallow leak has nothing to do with FP5 if it is Dragonborn.

Well, even if Doom Slayer is out, Master Chief is on the table for round 2. Especially with Halo coming to Switch. But if he gets passed over too I’ll be even more pissed. It’s just stupid that the FPS genre gets shafted.

But it’s too early to get upset. And sorry but, it’s a rumor coming from Fatman, who I don’t really trust. This whole, “ I totally meant spirits” is just very fishy to me. But hey, if you’re right about this, this may be the thing that finally gives you credibility.

But the thing is, the source also said the Cacomallow leak had nothing to do with FP5.
Credibility in this case doesn't really matter, since Fatman isn't really a leaker so much as a collector of interesting rumors that can lead to theories.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
By my readings

What’s causing doomguy to loose ground and cacomallow being potentially fake

And how did dovakiin gain ground? That was from 4chan (I saw a dovakin leak)

Nopote

Smash Apprentice
By my readings

Rumor from Fatman. Good grounds for speculation, especially since we're not gonna get new info for a while, likely.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
By my readings

I don't think anyone is saying CacoMallow is fake, Fatman seemed to imply that people he's talking to disagree about it's legitimacy but that's about it.
Fatman is also pretty heavily implying number 5 is Dovahkiin, has nothing to do with that /v/ post.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Hello again everybody, I am still here!

Question, do the rule changes mean Geno Meme Gang is dead? Because GMG was one of the funnest parts of the thread, to see what Geno-related memes people came up with organically on the fly as convos happened.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I don't think anyone is saying CacoMallow is fake, Fatman seemed to imply that people he's talking to disagree about it's legitimacy but that's about it.
Fatman is also pretty heavily implying number 5 is Dovahkiin, has nothing to do with that /v/ post.
Thanks so fatman might be implying dovahkiin is FP5

That doesn’t necessary mean doomguy is out if dovahkiin gets in

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Credibility in this case doesn't really matter, since Fatman isn't really a leaker so much as a collector of interesting rumors that can lead to theories.
Presenting rumours from insiders IS leaking though. It bothers me that this excuse keeps getting thrown around. Credibility does matter as well. If none of the rumors he has presented have been correct, then why should the new ones he presents be taken seriously? I’m not trying to start one of these fights or anything, that’s the last thing I want to do, I’m just saying it’s important to remember this.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

Question, do the rule changes mean Geno Meme Gang is dead? Because GMG was one of the funnest parts of the thread, to see what Geno-related memes people came up with organically on the fly as convos happened.
I mean, that is still Geno related. As long as it doesn't become too all-consuming, I think we are fine.

Last edited:

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613

Thankfully Geno memes are still allowed, which was most of what we made anyway, so the GMG as you call it is alive and well

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
Fatman, I think you are a great person just based on what you post but if you are indeed implying Dovakhin has a good chance of being FP5, I personally hope you are wrong since I would be very dissappointed if Doomguy got the shaft. Again, Geno would still be very likely and that's good but Doomguy is my current most wanted character and I would really not like seeing the guy from one game that is popular and memeable get in over a character with a huge legacy and the father of a genre (I get that Elder Scrolls is a old and long-running series but still).

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Fat I’m sorry but I need proof you’ve gotten stuff right before (being confirmed a realizable source) rather than theories

But the only point I can give you is the you know doesn’t have dovahkiin

I mean even if dovahkiin happened it’s doesn’t outright kill doomslayer

Last edited:

T2by4

Smash Lord
Real talk. How TF did we jump from KosMos being the most likely, to all of the sudden Dovahkiin being the most likely. Wtf is going on?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Real talk. How TF did we jump from KosMos being the most likely, to all of the sudden Dovahkiin being the most likely. Wtf is going on?
That's just speculation nowadays. Consider how many times stuff flipped back and forth the past couple characters. Dante didn't even last a day.

Anyway, I have decided to actually work on making a list of alts based off of the Mario RPG character idea. There won't be full pictures or anything, but I think it would be neat to lay out the idea in full.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
It really feels like no one has a clue as to who FP5 is going to be. At this point, any sort of rumor/leak/whatever is causing everyone(including myself) to grab and try to run with it. We really need Direct.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Because nobody learned their lesson from the last 10 times this happen. No character is likely to be the Fifth Fighter, and great chance that every character talked about is never getting in, especially Dovanhkiin.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
I don’t see how this is the case at all.

All we are doing is discussing a potential new lead for FP5
I think you misunderstood what I meant.

I meant that I was worried people were gonna get upset because Dovahkin was being discussed for a while and not Geno.

I have absolutely 0 problems with him and other characters for #5 being discussed.

I was just saying that due to recent stuff, things feel a tad less natural.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Man we're in a rut.

I may duck out soon until the next Direct or something. This speculative period has hit kind of a wall I feel. I think we're all starved for information and now we're just twiddling our thumbs.

I will commend Nintendo for keeping Fighter #5 such a well secret though!

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Man we're in a rut.

I may duck out soon until the next Direct or something. This speculative period has hit kind of a wall I feel. I think we're all starved for information and now we're just twiddling our thumbs.

I will commend Nintendo for keeping Fighter #5 such a well secret though!
We've been starved since before TGA. We just hoped we'd get something there even though we understood the risk of potentially getting nothing.

Since it is the case, we really aren't anywhere different than we have been the last few weeks. I've been thinking of drawing some fan art of Geno. I haven't done it before, and I'm curious to see how it would turn out for me.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
So, fun topic for Geno... Imagine Geno's 77 and Cacomallow is real; groovy, what about the Mii costumes? This implies that the Mii costume leak from the summer was right meaning Smithy, Mallow, and Chocobo would be coming too. Every pack has come with at least four Mii costumes: who do you think the fourth would be? My personal theory is a Sephiroth Mii costume with One Winged Angel.
I really think Neku from TWEWY deserves some kind of representation. It may just be a mii costume, but that game has a good relationship with Nintendo and at least deserves something nice. He could always be the 4th costume as well.

Or even better, Crono costume! SNES classics gotta stick together.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Well well, I see the thread's been reopened. Let's hope it stays that way for a lot longer than a few hours, eh? Anyways, I made a meme image.
TheLock.png

Anyway, no matter who it goes to, my hope is that Geno and Doomguy can make it to the end together. This leak really united the two fanbases and it would be a shame for one side to be left behind.
Even if Doomguy ends up a costume, he'll still be on our backs, and in our hearts. He'll live on as a part of us.
So, fun topic for Geno... Imagine Geno's 77 and Cacomallow is real; groovy, what about the Mii costumes? This implies that the Mii costume leak from the summer was right meaning Smithy, Mallow, and Chocobo would be coming too. Every pack has come with at least four Mii costumes: who do you think the fourth would be? My personal theory is a Sephiroth Mii costume with One Winged Angel.
If Doomguy or some other gun user isn't coming to the Fighter's Pass, I think Geno's remaining costumes would be Mega Man X and Mega Man.EXE, since they both use guns just like Geno does.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
The last time we had a direct, or was it the Terry video, I forget... but it was 45 min and they had a disclaimer:

:mybodyisreggie:No new characters revealed here.

:?: Pretty sure they didn't do this kind of disclaimer for the VGAs because they would have lost a large viewership and those advertisements are expensive for them. The whole show is like a giant ad tbh. :?:

And you KNOW they have people who are keyed in on our frothing expectations.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So do you guys think the mech toy Sakurai bought in 2016 still has relevance right now especially for FP5 since that was originally the final character intended to get in this game?

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
So do you guys think the mech toy Sakurai bought in 2016 still has relevance right now especially for FP5 since that was originally the final character intended to get in this game?
The mech toy is meant for Geno, who's getting one hell of a redesign when he's finally made playable. :4pacman:

... joking aside, none of the characters so far seem to resemble that mech toy. It's possible it could be Fighter 5... or not, since it could also be used for a character that was meant for Ultimate but then scrapped. And while I was kidding about the Geno bit... I dunno, maybe Sakurai really did use it as some sort of reference for Geno's model.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
The mech toy is meant for Geno, who's getting one hell of a redesign when he's finally made playable. :4pacman:

... joking aside, none of the characters so far seem to resemble that mech toy. It's possible it could be Fighter 5... or not, since it could also be used for a character that was meant for Ultimate but then scrapped. And while I was kidding about the Geno bit... I dunno, maybe Sakurai really did use it as some sort of reference for Geno's model.
I think KOS-MOS or Elma could resemble that mech toy as well.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
See, here’s the thing about Fatman’s latest posts: All of his rumors so far haven’t really been specifically for Smash, they’ve been rumors based around non-Smash info that insiders have speculated could be tied to Smash reveals.

With that in mind, which Western character just made a huge splash back into general Switch speculation, that would effectively spell doom for Slayer in most people’s eyes? Certainly not Dragonborn, but Master Chief.

Personally, I’m of the opinion that both characters absolutely have unique movesets and one getting in shouldn’t mean the other can’t, but they’re still too generally similar at a glance to release them anywhere “close” to one another, so one getting in would most likely mean that the other won’t for at least quite a while.

Combined with the other claim that #6 most likely isn’t Geno, yet #7 is, here’s my current prediction:

#5 is either a non-Slayer Bethesda rep or Master Chief. #6 is the other of the two. #7 is Geno, and all this can finally be put to rest.

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
I think KOS-MOS or Elma could resemble that mech toy as well.
I highly doubt that. If he wanted to buy a model to make Kos-Mos then why did he not just get a Kos Most statue? Assuming this is gonna be used for something the figure is probably for someone or something that does not have an hd render.

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I’d like to remind everybody that Fatman has not mentioned Dragonborn by name yet. For all we know, he could be talking about Ezio cucking Rayman

RingJ5

Smash Ace
I’d like to remind everybody that Fatman has not mentioned Dragonborn by name yet. For all we know, he could be talking about Ezio cucking Rayman
Nah, see, Ezio getting in still means Rayman can, due to them being wildly different characters from extremely separate series.

A Rabbid, on the other hand? Absolutely, that’s death for Rayman.

Similarly, Dragonborn getting in wouldn’t totally shut down Doomguy’s specific chances... but it would hard-deconfirm him for any time soon which heavily throws Cacomallow into question unless Dragonborn comes with the costume anyway.

Last edited:

Nicnac

Smash Ace
I'll be honest, I don't think it's Dohvakin. The character is meant to be more controversial than any other, including Corrin and the civil war-inciting plant. I think that Doombros like myself recognise Skyrim's immense fame and that it kinda makes sense to have it in (even if I would much prefer Doomguy). Dohvakin would also fly in the face of the CacoMallow not being related to FP5.

Plus, I kinda don't want Dovahkin in as if there's anything Parthanax related in Smash I owe my friend £20 and I really don't want that.

Either way, not too long to go. Keep calm and carry on, as they say. Hopefully Geno and Slayer can get in together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom