• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Looks like it’s probably KosMos

View attachment 252124
KOS-MOS or Nightmare, it doesn't matter to me because either situation is a win/win for me.

Here's my question? If confronted at that point, while seemingly willing to share information, why not just say it is KOS-MOS?

I'll admit I don't know the ins-and-outs of insider business, but it seems odd to be coy about it now.
Verge probably doesn't want the Nintenjas on his *** that's why. And since they gave Sabi a C&D back in June, I'm very sure they know about Verge as well.

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Isn't KOS-MOS Bandai's baby? If not their's then at least Monolith Soft's. She hasn't been forgotten and while she's not the most well known for the casual audience, it's not completely out of left field.

Slime Scholar

Smash Apprentice
IDK about a TGA reveal but I wouldn’t expect a Smash Direct when all 4 DLC fighters so far have been revealed to a broader audience. A Smash direct would only have Smash fans watching and they may not have enough else to show/announce to justify a dedicated video at the moment. We’ll see though.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Isn't KOS-MOS Bandai's baby? If not their's then at least Monolith Soft's. She hasn't been forgotten and while she's not the most well known for the casual audience, it's not completely out of left field.
She is Namco's crossover queen from what I've heard.

IDK about a TGA reveal but I wouldn’t expect a Smash Direct when all 4 DLC fighters so far have been revealed to a broader audience. A Smash direct would only have Smash fans watching and they may not have enough else to show/announce to justify a dedicated video at the moment. We’ll see though.
I can see a Smash Direct ONLY if fighter 6 is announced there with FP5.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
She is, though that brings up the question of why her in the face of other bigger franchises and characters.

I don't mind her at all(I actually like her quite a bit), but it's kinda true that she is a smaller name in the Namco library.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
Looks like it’s probably KosMos

View attachment 252124
It should be noted that Verge did not actually imply it was KOS-MOS, he said that his source gave him a weird “not sure” response.

Honestly, I’m very much inclined to think of her as a prime leakbait candidate rather than the real #5, which would actually be very exciting if the name these people have heard really was fake all this time.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
She is, though that brings up the question of why her in the face of other bigger franchises and characters.

I don't mind her at all(I actually like her quite a bit), but it's kinda true that she is a smaller name in the Namco library.
Well, I don't know about why she's their face instead of a more popular character, but that isn't really an argument I'm looking for. Just looking at the reality and all I'm saying is she wouldn't be some shocker of a choice considering how high a regard they hold KOS-MOS.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
If it is indeed our Kos with the Most, I think the rex and pyrra fans are gonna lose it. That's like if we got snubbed with a geno costume and had mallow added in later on.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Kos-Mos is owned by Monolith Soft so she's not even a Namco character. Namco published the Xenogear games but that's about it. There's other things I'm kind of incredulous about and I'll go into that later.

Add in: apparently I was wrong. I will kill myself at the earliest convenience to appease everyone, don't worry.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Kos-Mos is owned by Monolith Soft so she's not even a Namco character. Namco published the Xenogear games but that's about it. There's other things I'm kind of incredulous about and I'll go into that later.
She's owned by Monolith? That's a surprise. I figured she was owned by Namco. Doesn't all of her Xenoblade 2 content have a Bamco copyright?

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
This is where it's confusing. I've seen some say Namco owns her, I've seen others say it's Monolith. I don't know if there's some weird legal mumbo jumbo or not but if it is a confusing situation then it'd make sense why neither Sabi or Verge (I know, Verge isn't popular) can get a clear answer.

Kevinhend

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kevinhend
3DS FC
1504-5780-8640
Has Sakurai ever said anything about KOS-MOS or Xenosaga specifically?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I thought it was the other way around, considering that is what has been generally said around the comunity.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
What? First off, Xenogears was published by Sqaure, I think you're confusing it for Xenosaga, secondly, all I've been hearing for the last few days is that she's own by Bandai Namco, I mean, her art in Xenoblade 2 even has a Bandai Namco copyright, doesn't it?

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
I thought it was the other way around, considering that is what has been generally said around the comunity.
She's owned by namco and created by Monolith. Since Monolith was bought by Nintendo though Namco still owns her for a couple of years now. None of that has changed.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Pretty sure she’s owned by Bandai. Monolith Soft created her.

It’d be like saying Waluigi is a Camelot character and not a Nintendo character.

Firox

Smash Master
Hold on guys, what evidence do we have for KOS-MOS? I know I'm kinda late to the party but last time I checked, we only had a pile of extrememely questionable deconfirmations.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Yeah I doubt Kos-Mos is getting in just like every other leaked characters we heard about for months. I would like to mark something that isn't a deconfirmation from my bingo card I made last year in March, but that's never going to happen.
Polish_20191211_092421399.jpg

Last edited:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Hold on guys, what evidence do we have for KOS-MOS? I know I'm kinda late to the party but last time I checked, we only had a pile of extrememely questionable deconfirmations.
Fake 4chan text leak that people are latching onto for whatever reason

SirHenri

Smash Rookie

just.... stop talking about things you OBVIOUSLY don't know

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Why are you spreading misinformation?

KOS-MOS is owned entirely by Namco but they allow Monolith to use her in their projects, Monolith otherwise has no sort of ownership of the character outside of her Xenoblade 2 design.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
She is Namco's crossover queen from what I've heard
She's really not. It's an over exaggeration based on people looking for reasons why she's happening. Every time she's in a crossover it's because Namco was using a bunch of it's IPs the only exception was Xenoblade 2 for obvious reasons.
Hey mate you might need to do a little more research. KOS-MOS is from Xenosaga not Gears and she's 100% Namco owned.

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Shinobi pointed to something?
... He just retweeted Nintendo's tweet about The Game Awards. Of course some kind of announcement is going to happen when Nintendo makes a tweet like that, you don't need insider info for that.

ChoccyStar

Smash Apprentice
Yes. She's been widely used for crossovers, from Soul Calibur to Robot Taisen to Project x Zone to Xenoblade. She's been fairly prolific so I can't help but scratch my head when people call her unknown. In terms of appearances, I'd sooner call B&K unknown that her.

ChoccyStar

Smash Apprentice
Ah, another baseless text leak? Sweet. Anyone find any baseless text leaks about Geno?
Reminder that the Pokemon Sword and Shield leak was also text and "baseless" and yet had all correct information from the game. Also cacomallow leak WASN'T baseless and yet people have decided to toss it aside for some reason.

Firox

Smash Master
Yes. She's been widely used for crossovers, from Soul Calibur to Robot Taisen to Project x Zone to Xenoblade. She's been fairly prolific so I can't help but scratch my head when people call her unknown. In terms of appearances, I'd sooner call B&K unknown that her.
Don't lynch me for saying this, but I actually knew who KOS-MOS was more than I knew Terry thanks to Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Reminder that the Pokemon Sword and Shield leak was also text and "baseless" and yet had all correct information from the game. Also cacomallow leak WASN'T baseless and yet people have decided to toss it aside for some reason.
I see your point, but when you consider the SHEER VOLUME of BS text leaks on 4chan, it shouldn't come as a surprise if the info is bunk. Like any leak, the legitimacy comes from the content being proven at some point. What does this KOS-MOS leak say to offer credence?

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Because that Soul Caliber crossover was only for 3 to promote her games and they still failed not to mention she wasn't the only character they crossover in that game from their IPs. For Robot Wars she was only in a spin off of that already niche series which sold not great which is why it's sequel was Japan only and took a minute to get a fan patch and the X Zone series is also niche and developed by Monolith. 2 had been her most high profile appearance and yes recent so that is good but she was also a very very rare blade and so a good portion of those 2 million probably didn't see her or even know where she came from unless Twitter or something told them. It's very easy to see why she's not recognizable and I'm someone whose played all the games she's in. Banjo at least sold a crap ton for his first 2 games became a name of his platform and had huge fan demand.

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
HE owns KOS-MOS, SHE owns KOS-MOS, YOU own KOS-MOS... I OWN KOS-MOS! Are there any other companies that own KOS-MOS I SHOULD KNOW ABOUT?!
EFFB361A-A1AE-4580-970E-949BD2689B56.png

“Meow”

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Hey mate you might need to do a little more research. KOS-MOS is from Xenosaga not Gears and she's 100% Namco owned.
just.... stop talking about things you OBVIOUSLY don't know
Why are you spreading misinformation?

KOS-MOS is owned entirely by Namco but they allow Monolith to use her in their projects, Monolith otherwise has no sort of ownership of the character outside of her Xenoblade 2 design.
Good lord, can you all chill? Can't you all see that I'm trying to figure things out because I can't find a clear answer? Some citations would be fan-****ing-tastic, please and thanks. Holy hell, this community some days...

D

Deleted member

From what I've gathered, Namco designed KOS-MOS for use in Xenosaga and has kept ownership over her much like Square kept ownership over Geno despite designing him for Nintendo's game. Namco is credited in Xenoblade Chronicles 2's credits despite not being credited on the box, so I'm going to go ahead and say she's Namco's.

But regardless of whether she's a second party or third party character, I'm going to fall back on the fact that she isn't gonna make it for the same reasons Mai isn't in the game. Sakurai wants to make sure if you're gonna learn to play Smash one handed, it's to play against yourself.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
Having a bunch of appearances doesn't correlate with being well known in the Smash community, Terry speaks for that, and even then most of her appearances are still relatively obscure. Being honest, even as someone who has heard of Kos-Mos for years because of some of these crossovers, I don't I've ever actually seen ANYONE ever talk about Xenosaga as a game, period. I feel like most people here only even know her because she was in Xenoblade 2.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Good lord, can you all chill? Can't you all see that I'm trying to figure things out because I can't find a clear answer? Some citations would be fan-****ing-tastic, please and thanks. Holy hell, this community some days...
Whoa dude I was chill. Sorry I didn't see the 800 other people who told you the same thing but a tad more aggressively though. I promise I wasn't trying to come off as jumping on the pile. As for rights the fact Monolith isn't credited in her appearance in their in house cameos such as Tales of Hearts should probably show they have full ownership. Monolith was a full first party studio of Namco's until they were sold to Nintendo so everything they did belongs to them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom