• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Well, I mean, The Game Awards may or may not effect Geno so I'd say TGA is fair game. I'm not here to be the "No fun allowed" guy. Just trying to appease everyone and keep the thread from being flooded by off topic nonsense.
I know, man. It's just a joke.

D

Deleted member

What's all this about smrpg at nindies? Is there some new speculation backing it up?
Fatman spoke with someone Sabi screwed over, who told him that there was something good coming with the Indie World presentation, and PapaGenos spoke with the same guy who hinted it was first party. That's just about it right now.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I think it’d be cool if Toby Fox worked on Mother, and I’m sure it’d be a big honor for him and he would definitely do his best, but yeah they shouldn’t have any Mother game developed without Itoi’s involvement, or at least him allowing it and liking what Toby has to offer.

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah real quick just for clarification my idea of Toby Fox making a new Mother game would of course have Itoi's permission at the very least I don't see anyway they would make a new Mother game without that at least. Maybe even Itoi would be a supervisor and make changes where he sees fit but I just thought it would be cool and an honor for Toby Fox to hypothetically make a new Mother game.

ShinyReshiram

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2409 5852 0213
Wtf I left you people for 30 minutes and we have a juicy info already

Also at least let Toby complete Deltarune first please

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
How often all of y'all will still be posting here after Geno get's in? I will probably move on and comfortably make the Shantae thread my new home. But I still will post in here once in awhile like I still do in the Banjo & Kazooie Social thread. The Geno Social thread, that has a nice ring to it doesn't it.
The good news is that we will have a whole channel to interact with in the event that Geno becomes a character. We will have way more things to discuss and even share video and tech about the character.

Mastadoom88

Smash Apprentice
How often all of y'all will still be posting here after Geno get's in? I will probably move on and comfortably make the Shantae thread my new home. But I still will post in here once in awhile like I still do in the Banjo & Kazooie Social thread. The Geno Social thread, that has a nice ring to it doesn't it.
There's only a handful of characters I'd care to see after Geno (specifically Doomslayer, Porky, Shantae and Issac), so for me it really depends on how things go.

Doom is the only thing I would really love other than Geno, the others would be icing on a dream fulfillment cake. I will be a lot less active on here in general, but the people I've met here will probably keep me poking my head into whatever this thread transcends into. If Doom doesnt show up with Geno, I will probably go full into supporting him.

I dont have much personal attachment to Issac, I am just very motivated to see the Golden folks get their boy as well because I feel kinship.

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman
I dont have much personal attachment to Issac, I am just very motivated to see the Golden folks get their boy as well because I feel kinship.
And I, none to Geno or SMRPG, but I'm not blind. And most everyone in support of a playable Venus Adept also supports Geno for one simple reason: that means Sakurai is listening to the fans. The second best situation for either of those two is to have the other one included in Smash. After Ridley and K Rool, the only two remaining heavy fan demands from as far back as Brawl are Geno and Isaac.

And a first party at the Nindies showcase... interesting.

Last edited:

Grumbo

Smash Ace
I think if we get a smash character at the Nindies it be Reimu or Quote, since if Geno is out for the pass, Shantae would be as well

D

Deleted member

Didn't Fatmanonice say that this supposed announcement wasn't crossover releated? If so, it won't be Smash related since hardly any bigger crossovers exist.
I don't think any of us think Smash is going to be here, but maybe something will show up that hints at a Smash reveal. Big news that isn't crossover but also hinted to be first party at an indie showcase is the kind of thing that makes so little sense that it really gets the speculation wheels a turnin'.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I wake up to lots of people mentioning me in this thread and I'm just over here like... ny'awww. C'mere, let Mama Oval give y'all some kisses. :drflip: (lol some of you are older than me so that just sounds weird. I'm used to being the eldest in my friend groups, RIP.)

Indies sounds like it's gonna be fun. I'd love something indie-related to happen with Mario! I think it could really freshen up the franchise. Even if it isn't Geno-related (which we all know it likely won't be lol, I'd never expect something like that), the Mario series really needs more life breathed into it.

Firox

Smash Master
And I, none to Geno or SMRPG, but I'm not blind. And most everyone in support of a playable Venus Adept also supports Geno for one simple reason: that means Sakurai is listening to the fans. The second best situation for either of those two is to have the other one included in Smash. After Ridley and K Rool, the only two remaining heavy fan demands from as far back as Brawl are Geno and Isaac.

And a first party at the Nindies showcase... interesting.
My thoughts exactly. If the Sm4sh ballot still holds any water whatsoever, Geno and Isaac would likely be the highest representation of remaining fan demand (at least within the bounds of vocal smash fans). Isaac's AT was a heavy blow, but I'd settle for a playable Felix or Mathew if nothing else.

EDIT: Imagine Felix with a masked alt. Mmmmm, so tasty.

Last edited:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Well...this is interesting.
Edit: For those who don’t know it’s King Zell
View attachment 251898
Okay see I see what’s going on here, he said “halo” so we’re like “did he mean Halo or is he just saying hello like a weirdo cause people do that sometimes”

We HAVE had Microsoft announcements last two Nindies...

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Oooooh, King Zell. I wouldn't pay that too much mind, though. Seems he's not trying to dive into insider stuff, just peeking around to say hi. I don't blame him, given insider business is full of drama, bullcrap, and people losing their livelihoods lol. I'm not gonna beat that dead horse, though.

You know, if an indie dev DID pick up Geno and Mallow for a Mario project... who do you guys think would do them justice? :drflip: I feel like Toby Fox would portray them well and give them much-needed depth, but the man's busy with his own passion projects, so probably not.

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
Okay see I see what’s going on here, he said “halo” so we’re like “did he mean Halo or is he just saying hello like a weirdo cause people do that sometimes”

Dude, Halo's my FAVORITE indie game! Finally!

Ray102396

Smash Apprentice

I'm hoping it's just him saying hello, and not a hint at Halo in Smash or anything, because I'm one of the (apparently few) people who DON'T want Chief in Smash. Not a fan of Halo, and there's just other characters I'd rather have. Plus if he got in, I feel like that could hurt Doomguy's chances since they're similar, and with the CacoMallow leak? Don't want that to happen, plus there's the fact that Doomguy is just one of my top picks anyway.

D

Deleted member

Dude, Halo's my FAVORITE indie game! Finally!
This

I'm hoping it's just him saying hello, and not a hint at Halo in Smash or anything, because I'm one of the (apparently few) people who DON'T want Chief in Smash. Not a fan of Halo, and there's just other characters I'd rather have. Plus if he got in, I feel like that could hurt Doomguy's chances since they're similar, and with the CacoMallow leak? Don't want that to happen, plus there's the fact that Doomguy is just one of my top picks anyway.
I agree that thanks to the fact Master Chief is kind of in direct competition with Doom Guy, he hurts Geno's chances, so I don't want him, either. To be fair, even if Geno was already in the game, I wouldn't care too much about the possibility of Master Chief, but especially right now I'm not enthused.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
I wake up to lots of people mentioning me in this thread and I'm just over here like... ny'awww. C'mere, let Mama Oval give y'all some kisses. :drflip: (lol some of you are older than me so that just sounds weird. I'm used to being the eldest in my friend groups, RIP.)

Indies sounds like it's gonna be fun. I'd love something indie-related to happen with Mario! I think it could really freshen up the franchise. Even if it isn't Geno-related (which we all know it likely won't be lol, I'd never expect something like that), the Mario series really needs more life breathed into it.
Mama Oval is back everyone!
(and yeah the indies stuff sounds very interesting :207:)
PicsArt_12-10-02.11.03.jpg

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
who is this? Why is this interesting?
It's King Zell. A former insider that's main claim to fame is that he pretty much leaked the entire February Direct. Was called a liar by a lot of dumbasses only for him to get every detail right. Of course, this just pissed the sock monkeys off more, leading to a ton of harassment, and ultimately motivated King Zell to retire. Upon retiring, he made a super cryptic tease that Nintendo and Microsoft were working on a huge project together and, despite not fully knowing what it was, heavily implied it had something to do with Halo. Back then, it was assumed it was coming at E3 but now... We'll see.

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
Wait, you want Doomguy but DON'T want the CacoMallow leak to be real? The CacoMallow leak virtually guarantees Geno and Doomguy if real. Why would you NOT want that? I will give you that MC would definitely jeopardize Doomguy's chances so if we get one, it will likely kill the other. I guess for that reason, I would hope for Doomguy simply because it would subjectively improve Geno's chances.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
It's King Zell. A former insider that's main claim to fame is that he pretty much leaked the entire February Direct. Was called a liar but a lot of dumbasses only for him to get every detail right. Of course, this just pissed the sock monkeys off more, leading to a ton of harassment, and ultimately motivated King Zell to retire. Upon retiring, he made a super cryptic tease that Nintendo and Microsoft were working on a huge project together and, despite not fully knowing what it was, heavily implied it had something to do with Halo. Back then, it was assumed it was coming at E3 but now... We'll see.
Poor guy....but if we get Master Chief i'm gonna lose it

D

Deleted member

It's King Zell. A former insider that's main claim to fame is that he pretty much leaked the entire February Direct. Was called a liar but a lot of dumbasses only for him to get every detail right. Of course, this just pissed the sock monkeys off more, leading to a ton of harassment, and ultimately motivated King Zell to retire. Upon retiring, he made a super cryptic tease that Nintendo and Microsoft were working on a huge project together and, despite not fully knowing what it was, heavily implied it had something to do with Halo. Back then, it was assumed it was coming at E3 but now... We'll see.
Hmm.. Interesting if true I assume it won't be shown at the indie direct instead I'd predict it to show up at the game awards if anything. Halo isn't an indie game after-all. Sad to see the dude get harassed though nobody should do that to anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Hmm.. Interesting if true I assume it won't be shown at the indie direct instead I'd predict it to show up at the game awards if anything. Halo isn't an indie game after-all. Sad to see the dude get harassed though nobody should do that to anyone.
That’s a fair point, just because his hint came today it doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s related to the Nindies thing. Maybe the long rumored MCC port on Switch is finally happening and will be announced at TGA

Ray102396

Smash Apprentice
Wait, you want Doomguy but DON'T want the CacoMallow leak to be real? The CacoMallow leak virtually guarantees Geno and Doomguy if real. Why would you NOT want that? I will give you that MC would definitely jeopardize Doomguy's chances so if we get one, it will likely kill the other. I guess for that reason, I would hope for Doomguy simply because it would subjectively improve Geno's chances.
I do want it to be real, I was saying that I didn't want anything to happen that could hurt Doomguy's chances at all, because of that leak. Maybe I just didn't word it the best. Don't want anything to happen to make Doomguy less likely, because it'd also make that leak less likely to be legit.

Firox

Smash Master
I do want it to be real, I was saying that I didn't want anything to happen that could hurt Doomguy's chances at all, because of that leak. Maybe I just didn't word it the best. Don't want anything to happen to make Doomguy less likely, because it'd also make that leak less likely to be legit.
Oh OK. Then you feel the same way I do. The way you worded it almost sounded like you DIDN'T want the CacoMallow leak. Sorry if I misunderstood. :p

D

Deleted member

That’s a fair point, just because his hint came today it doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s related to the Nindies thing. Maybe the long rumored MCC port on Switch is finally happening and will be announced at TGA
Or better yet Master Chief is the fifth fighters pass character and the "leaks" were wrong. Now that would be crazy but also insanely exciting. Better yet a dual reveal of the MCC port for Switch + Master Chief is #5 but that's such a big stretch it probably won't happen.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Well...this is interesting.
Edit: For those who don’t know it’s King Zell
View attachment 251898
I wouldn't look too deeply into this. Given how he's also mispelled "dropped" in this post, I think it's either a misspelling as well, or just a jovial way to say hello. But even if this is a hint towards something Halo related, I doubt it'd be for Smash since we already have a Microsoft owned character in the pass.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, if this big thing is really going to be an Indie studio working on a notable first party Nintendo game, I am so pleased that Nintendo has decided to continue giving Indie studios this opportunity. Nintendo has been so kind to Indies that it's honestly rather heartwarming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom