• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
TGA 2019 official hype trailer by none other than Geoff Keighley himself.

Luigi seems really outta place lol

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Who else is listening to this since the Video Game Awards are soon?

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
My friends, I come baring a gift

There was a problem fetching the tweet
This is the dream ;_;7 Hopefully he makes it, because I don't think he'll have another chance at revival again if he doesn't get into Ultimate. I'll fight to see him return regardless, but my hopes wouldn't be very strong.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
This is the dream ;_;7 Hopefully he makes it, because I don't think he'll have another chance at revival again if he doesn't get into Ultimate. I'll fight to see him return regardless, but my hopes wouldn't be very strong.
That's what we all said in the smash 4 Ridley thread.

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
>Gamexplain Game Awards Predictions
>Thumbnail has Geno in it

Geno is in. :kirby:

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
That's what we all said in the smash 4 Ridley thread.
Understandable, but at least Ridley and the Metroid series as a whole has some modern day relevance.

Super Mario RPG, especially with the death of its successors... not so much. On top of the fact that Geno is not a first party and is, in fact, held by a company that held bad blood with Nintendo for a long time... yeah, it's a little harder to feel encouraged that he'll have a chance post-Ultimate.

I think his chances for Ultimate are quite good, though, which is a great thing :drflip:

ETA: Fun thing that gave me hope for my boy and the legions of hateful anti-fans he tends to have, too (namely the ones who harass people about it instead of agreeing to disagree): IntroSpecktive tweeted that he'd be fine with any Smash addition that wasn't Waluigi or Geno, and a loooooot of the responses were like, "Aw, why not? It's okay if you don't, but I think he's cool and would be a fun addition." What few comments there were about a toxic fan base were, for the most part, refuted.

It's just nice to see people standing up for Geno and his fans, for once. I expected droves of... well, the usual Twitter stuff when it comes to Geno, so that was a pleasant surprise.

Last edited:

SonicKid1998

Smash Rookie
How About if Nintendo makes a SEGA Fighter Pass

1. Kazuma Kiryu
2. Vyse
3. NiGHTS
4. Amigo
5. Arle Nadja

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Understandable, but at least Ridley and the Metroid series as a whole has some modern day relevance.

Super Mario RPG, especially with the death of its successors... not so much. On top of the fact that Geno is not a first party and is, in fact, held by a company that held bad blood with Nintendo for a long time... yeah, it's a little harder to feel encouraged that he'll have a chance post-Ultimate.

I think his chances for Ultimate are quite good, though, which is a great thing :drflip:

ETA: Fun thing that gave me hope for my boy and the legions of hateful anti-fans he tends to have, too (namely the ones who harass people about it instead of agreeing to disagree): IntroSpecktive tweeted that he'd be fine with any Smash addition that wasn't Waluigi or Geno, and a loooooot of the responses were like, "Aw, why not? It's okay if you don't, but I think he's cool and would be a fun addition." What few comments there were about a toxic fan base were, for the most part, refuted.

It's just nice to see people standing up for Geno and his fans, for once. I expected droves of... well, the usual Twitter stuff when it comes to Geno, so that was a pleasant surprise.
Idk I think something with Geno is being considered internally at Nintendo even if it's not just an SSBU inclusion. If you would have said this a few years ago I would have agreed but the fact that Nintendo themselves have referenced Geno on social media and that there was discussion about the character at Nintendo's headquarters makes me think the idea of him making a comeback has at least been discussed. At this point they can see that the character does have a significant amount of popularity. The mii costume in Smash 4 is the biggest proof of that and they fact that they keep bringing him up every once and awhile likely to gauge reception I see as a positive thing. When that comeback will be I have zero clue but I think as long as the character gets visible support I think we'll keep seeing more and more attention given to him by Nintendo.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
How About if Nintendo makes a SEGA Fighter Pass

1. Kazuma Kiryu
2. Vyse
3. NiGHTS
4. Amigo
5. Arle Nadja
Literally just missing Beat and it would be perfect. Replace... I guess Amigo with him?

How about if they make a Mario RPG fighter pass

Geno 4 times but also Mallow.
Heeeeeey... at least replace one of those Genos with Jonathan Jones... and heck, another one with Boshi for Zinith Zinith :yoshi:

Idk I think something with Geno is being considered internally at Nintendo even if it's not just an SSBU inclusion. If you would have said this a few years ago I would have agreed but the fact that Nintendo themselves have referenced Geno on social media and that there was discussion about the character at Nintendo's headquarters makes me think the idea of him making a comeback has at least been discussed. At this point they can see that the character does have a significant amount of popularity. The mii costume in Smash 4 is the biggest proof of that and they fact that they keep bringing him up every once and awhile likely to gauge reception I see as a positive thing. When that comeback will be I have zero clue but I think as long as the character gets visible support I think we'll keep seeing more and more attention given to him by Nintendo.
Very good points. I hope you're right! I'll never stop fighting to see him come back!!

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I don't know if I am being added to that or not. But just make an extra spot. :V

Last edited:

Plank08

Smash Lord
I feel like this is the best chance Geno has ever had.
In the past, Geno never had any actual evidence, just people saying he wanted him in and maybe some coincidences people took as evidence.
But now, Geno has a ton of actual solid evidence pointing to his conclusion, I can feel it, we will get Geno this time

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101

On the other hand, Sakurai had said that Ridley wouldn't work in smash.

Droodle

Smash Lord
My desire for a character is directly associated with the quality of music:

Geno would bring in some sweet, sweet music; and that's why I support him.

Imagine a dual reveal of Sora and Geno with the best Yoko Shimomura works. It'd never happen, but it would be amazing.

D

Deleted member

My friends, I come baring a gift

There was a problem fetching the tweet
I can just imagine the narrator now over Sakurai's voice, giving us a history lesson.

Sakurai/Narrator: "That's right. After a long absence, Geno makes his long-awaited return in Super Smash Brothers Ultimate as a playable character. He made his debut in the 1996 game Super Mario RPG, alongside five party members: Mario, Peach, Bowser, and Mallow. Though we are unsure where Mallow ran off to. *audience laugh*
Players first meet Geno within the Forest Maze, where they are tasked off following Geno to escape the maze
."
(maybe Sakurai could make a joke about how without Geno we would be lost in the maze)

I think he would also mention the Mii costume and maybe how other characters have been upgraded into playable characters from that game like K Rool and Isabelle. I kinda ran out of ideas but I think Sakurai would go on to talk about the Bowyer fight and show off the scene where you meet Geno, saying his name is hard to pronounce. Maybe even make another joke where they weren't sure what to name the character. After that he might mention that he's a warrior from Star Road, and how he's a possessed doll et cetera.

Last edited by a moderator:

SkeffVEVO

Smash Apprentice
This is a placeholder for what I plan to do but...
View attachment 251092
Grumbo Cracks A Cold One!
He will be taking the place of Duck Hunt :ultduckhunt: on the picture. I'll be doing a first come, first serve, so it'll be in this order:
Griselda as :ultzelda:
SonicSmasher1 as :ultsonic:
Spatulo as :ultfalcon:
Shotostar as :ultfox:
Catsforlife as :ultmewtwo:
Franco as :ultdarksamus:
Valkiri as :ultmegaman:
JDC as :ultsamus:
Hot as :ultwolf:
Earl as :ultpikachu:
Plank as :ultridley:
Blankit as :ultrob:
Convoy as :ultsimon:
Ray as :ultlucina:
Zinith as :ultyoshi:
RingJ5 as :ultchrom:
Adam as :ultmetaknight:
NintendoKnight as :ultike:
Tipper as :ultmarth:
WaniiZ as :ultlucas:
Wish as :ulticeclimbers:
Random Scrub as :ultjigglypuff:
Myself as :ultkingdedede:

Each "stock icon" will have differences to fit the profile picture. For example, Franco's will also have Shadow, so if you'd like something different, now is the time to get comfortable with your avatar.
Could you add me to that? I wish to be placed over Mii Brawler and you can use my avatar.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
What I'm about to do is write the most important post in my 15 years here and, no, it's not the Big Ass Geno post. I want to come clean and this has been weighing heavily on me for awhile. Some of you already know where I'm going with this but it needs to be said. A lot of people have been hurt in the last year and, after asking many of those people that have been hurt the most for permission, we decided to take the following action. It's merciful but a lot more than I originally. Several people talked me down from sharing the whole report that I mention in the following screenshots because, again, we're giving mercy a go, even if it's begrudgingly. So, again, I'm sorry for what has transpired in the past year.
(mod edit: spoiler-tagged due to size and crude language)
Screenshot_20191208-134015.png

Screenshot_20191208-134031.png

Screenshot_20191208-134045.png

Screenshot_20191208-134106.png

Screenshot_20191208-134127.png
Screenshot_20191208-134140.png
Screenshot_20191208-134151.png
Screenshot_20191208-134207.png
Screenshot_20191208-134214.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
What I'm about to do is write the most important post in my 15 years here and, no, it's not the Big Ass Geno post. I want to come clean and this has been weighing heavily on me for awhile. Some of you already know where I'm going with this but it needs to be said. A lot of people have been hurt in the last year and, after asking many of those people that have been hurt the most for permission, we decided to take the following action. It's merciful but a lot more than I originally. Several people talked me down from sharing the whole report that I mention in the following screenshots because, again, we're giving mercy a go, even if it's begrudgingly. So, again, I'm sorry for what has transpired in the past year.

View attachment 251254
View attachment 251255
View attachment 251256
View attachment 251257
View attachment 251258View attachment 251259View attachment 251260View attachment 251262View attachment 251263
can I safely say Sabi is a leech now?

D

Deleted member

Fatmanonice Fatmanonice honestly, I just hope at this point that both Paragon and you can get through all of this huge mess as soon as possible.

Paragon is legit too much of a good person to have to be affected by all this mess, and slowly you have proven to be quite a person of good heart after the support you gave me back on Discord when all was getting worse and your motivation to keep posting here even after what happened days ago.

Both of you deserve a huge break from all those problems.

OffBi

Smash Ace
Sabi gets what they deserve
If they just said a name, none of this would happen

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Yeah, you can get one. I'm making them for everybody, basically.

Ok, a quick clarification on the stock images, since I just woke up: Originally, I was going to draw each avatar in the pose of that fighter, which was going to take way longer and more effort than I thought. I decided on doing stock icons but I guess I didn't give the memo across properly and it fell out of proportion. You don't have to worry about fighter now; I'll be making the icons and compiling them all together into one big picture and I'll post each one individually once I finish that one stock specifically.
Hey, my bad if I got people's hopes up that you'd do something with the character they chose then. Thanks for clearing up the misunderstanding.

And since you're making stock icons for everyone, wouldn't it be worth asking everyone if they want a different icon than that of their profile picture here? I already said what I want for mine (though I changed my mind a bit: I'd want Mallow instead of Malo, since he better represents my presence here at this point, but still with a Wario hat for some style points), but I don't think I'm the only one who does. Whaddya think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom