• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Easily, yes, based on the timing but it's impossible to narrow down what. Of course, when the day comes, I'll say if I had heard it or not and when. I'll also confirm or deny rumors if brought up by people like Papagenos.
3 possible messages from Fatman on the day of the VGAs:

'Ehhhh, check it out if you guys want. No big deal.'

''Smash fans should watch the show.'

'Geno thread get your damn asses to the VGAs like right now! Then pop the ****ing champagne bottles!!''

#3 might be lacking in subtlety.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Hey, Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , how do I private DM you? I have some stuff I want to say in private and I can't seem to be able to send a message on here.

(Sorry to bother you.)

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
I see your Ice Cap and raise you some fresh prototype songs!
Ayy good to see the recently discovered Sonic 3 prototype tracks being spread around. They be jammin'.

I really hope so. This year and last have been relatively tame for me in terms of 1st party releases. 2020 is definitely gonna ramp things up. Animal Crossing, BotW2, possible Mario Odyssey expansion or sequel, 4 or 5 smash characters, and I have a feeling we may see some old franchises like Pikmin and Golden Sun return
YES. The Switch has been great for Nintendo's larger franchises so far, but now that it's been proven to be a hella succesful console, I wanna see them give a chance to the ones that are usually swept under the rug. Or in other words, JUST GIVE US PIKMIN 4 ALREADY!11!!1 :ultpacman:

D

Deleted member

Man if what Fatmanonice is saying is anything to go buy Nintendo's going to have a crazy 2020, can't wait to hear what my favourite gaming company has in store for my favourite console and beyond.

Sora huh? One of top five characters I want in Smash Ultimate love his series character holds a special place in my heart. Hope we see him someday. Don't think it'll be for character pass #5

But just like HMK said once before Sora for Smash!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Speaking of Animal Crossing: New Horizons saw it in an EB Games when I was browsing through games. I guess some stores have it ready before release. Pretty cool and I'm definetly looking forward to that game.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Its possible he may have his messages closed because he doesnt wanna be flooded, but he can probably open it to people who ask.
Speaking of which, I want to post about that speculation but I need to run some stuff by fatman first.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Presently where I stand:

Nightmare: It just makes too much sense, and frankly I'm done listening to Vergeben after the Minecraft fiasco and has been consistently wrong about DLC aside from Hero, and even then Hero was the worst kept secret in Smash. What's more likely is Verg saying no Bamco to see if Sabi will correct him or not, and wouldn't you know it? Sabi's done with deconfirms until the reveal. I still say smart money is on Nightmare

Sora: I want him, he'd definitely be a 'blow the roof off' reveal at TGA and I'm cautiously optimistic, but the fact that so many people are starting to champion him in the wake of his bloodbath makes me think he's next on the deconfirm chopping block. There IS the Shinji Hashimoto thing, but that was all the way back in May and from a foreign outlet; also Grant Kirkhope lied till his pants were ablaze about Banjo.

Phoenix Wright: Maybe post-pass? A good choice to be sure, but I'm not sure if he's who they would end on. Thing is though, I feel like a Mii Costume might be in his future. It's just a gut feeling I have

Waluigi: No chance in hell he's #5, maybe a bonus for the next pass or something but no way they're ending on him at the game awards

Geno: I want to believe

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Phoenix Wright: Maybe post-pass? A good choice to be sure, but I'm not sure if he's who they would end on. Thing is though, I feel like a Mii Costume might be in his future. It's just a gut feeling I have
As in... Phoenix Wright just being a Mii Fighter costume?

I actually brought up the topic of what Mii costumes would come with Phoenix Wright in his support thread, and it's generally agreed that there's not a lot of Ace Attorney characters that could naturally fit the Brawler/Swordfighter/Gunner archetypes. Like, if Phoenix Wright was just a Mii Fighter costume, which one would he be, cause he really doesn't fit any of those roles.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord

I actually brought up the topic of what Mii costumes would come with Phoenix Wright in his support thread, and it's generally agreed that there's not a lot of Ace Attorney characters that could naturally fit the Brawler/Swordfighter/Gunner archetypes. Like, if Phoenix Wright was just a Mii Fighter costume, which one would he be, cause he really doesn't fit any of those roles.
I feel like they'd go with a traditional Brawler, that seems to be the default when they have nothing that would 'fit'

Or, maybe you can give him a little "OBJECTION!" sign as a sword like they did for the Palico

1575234227750.png

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

(pops gum) There's currently 4 Capcom costumes MIA and Dante would fit Sword Fighter to a T. After that, just make Maya and BAM, done.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
(pops gum) There's currently 4 Capcom costumes MIA and Dante would fit Sword Fighter to a T. After that, just make Maya and BAM, done.
I could literally hear every single Smash fan's spine tingle at the idea of Dante getting Mii Costume'd

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I was gonna mention something about this with Fatman’s comment towards it, but this is also a good chance to do it.

I am very disappointed that Gordon is now looked at as a troll character. I legit thought that Half-Life Alyx was a chance to breathe life into the series again and drum up interest for a potential Smash reveal, but that was probably wishful thinking on my end.

I really do like the Half-Life series, so I’m a little bummed that gordon is being grouped in alongside a character like Jonesy :(
I absolutely LOVE the Half life series (I'm kinda pissed at the blue balls they pulled by giving us a prequel and not half life 3 tho… lol), but I just don feel him being in smash with how Sakurai's tastes have been, altho he can always surprises us. I think we were absolutely too lucky to get a western rep, and it was Banjo simply because he has been pushed for a smash game for over a decade non-stop. I dunno, i feel we were too lucky to get him to be honest, so i find hard to see another western pick anytime soon. I could be wrong tho, it's just my gut feeling anyway. I don't think gordon is a troll or a meme, i just dont see him really. Jonesy on the other hand is the absolute stupid pick, it doesn't nearly align at all with what sakurai would put in his game unless he ran out of good characters to put in, lol, which isn't gonna be aaaanytime soon.

Last edited:

RingJ5

Smash Ace
After every disconfirmation I always fall back to Travis Touchdown or Master Chief. I see no particular supporting evidence for either but as far as I know there’s nothing disputing the possibilities yet haha.

That being said, Waluigi is definitely the pure chaos pick
Really late response to this specific post since I fell asleep and woke up in the meantime, but:

Both of these characters have been deconfirmed by their creators early on.

...However, for those two characters in particular, I honestly still think they have a good chance for #5, even after what their creators said.

Sabi herself even leaked MCC on Switch earlier in the year, and other leakers backed that up while also claiming that Ori on Switch was happening along with it. Well, it’s been quite a while, and one totally exists and is playable right now, while the other noticeably isn’t yet. A huge TGA reveal of Reach on Switch and Chief in Smash would be absolutely massive and an amazing way to end the pass.

Travis has less going for him, but hey, he’s created by a friend of Sakurai and is part of a series with strong Nintendo history with a new game on the way, so I could totally see him happening as well.

Right now, these are the seven characters that I think have a legitimate chance to appear at the VGAs, in roughly descending order:

-Master Chief
-Monokuma
-Travis Touchdown
-Phoenix Wright
-A shock Sony rep
-Waluigi
-Sora

I’d be happy with any of them besides the sole exception of “Sora, but completely divorced from anything Disney”, which I sadly think is an inevitability/requirement for him getting in.

Lately, I’ve been seriously leaning more and more towards Monokuma, though. He fits a bunch of stuff like “Sakurai bias, incredible music, new company with strong Nintendo ties” that have been in play for all the rest of the DLC so far.

What, you don't like listening to the same old Mariah Carrey track on a constant loop for a whole 30 days? What's wrong with you?!
Hey, don’t say that, that song is absolutely worth parading around the holidays for generations to come.

Yes, I’m well aware how much of a goddamn stretch that pun was.

Last edited:

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
It’s cuz i work (....worked? :( ) retail.

Work through it for over a decade where you deal with a Black Friday of lousy entitlement asshole customers and have to listen to 100+ different versions of 4 songs for a month and you’d want despise Christmas music and the holiday as a whole. I’d love nothing more than to kick santa in the jingle bells with steel toes on.
Been a Santa and a Santa elf. A little bit of me died that day

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Man, I missed quite a bit it seems. Can anyone do a quick summation?
Fatman has retired from being an Insider, Sabi isn't doing anymore deconfirms, faith in Vergeben's claim of no Namco is being side-eyed, and there is a flurry of renewed interest in Phoenix Wright and Sora.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Man, I missed quite a bit it seems. Can anyone do a quick summation?
Sure thing. Basically, Vergeben came out and a said that FP5 won't be a Namco character (RIP Nightmare, Klonoa, KOS-MOS, etc.) or a Level 5 character (Basically just Professor Layton), Fatman is out of the insider scene, and IS CRISSMAS!

MattX20

Smash Hero
Fatman has retired from being an Insider, Sabi isn't doing anymore deconfirms, faith in Vergeben's claim of no Namco is being side-eyed, and there is a flurry of renewed interest in Phoenix Wright and Sora.
Sure thing. Basically, Vergeben came out and a said that FP5 won't be a Namco character (RIP Nightmare, Klonoa, KOS-MOS, etc.) or a Level 5 character (Basically just Professor Layton), Fatman is out of the insider scene, and IS CRISSMAS!
I see. Until Sabi can confirm otherwise, I'm not putting stock in Verge's claims. Bandai Namco and Level 5 make way too much sense to be left out. Though, I wouldn't be opposed to Sora or Phoenix joining

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
Wow Sabi isn't "deconfirming" anyone anymore.

It's a rare instance of someone running out of nothing to say.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I see. Until Sabi can confirm otherwise, I'm not putting stock in Verge's claims. Bandai Namco and Level 5 make way too much sense to be left out. Though, I wouldn't be opposed to Sora or Phoenix joining
Before Fatman retired he said that Nightmare from Soul Calibur was one of the names floating around, and he was basically looking like our guy until Verg spoke up

Despite everything I still say smart money is on Nightmare

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Did someone say Pikmin 4?

Man... Miyamoto said that game was almost done years ago now. And before anyone says it, that game was not Hey! Pikmin, as Miyamoto clarified the game he spoke of before was indeed Pikmin 4 after Hey! Pikmin came out. Because when Hey! Pikmin came out and people asked Miyamoto about Pikmin 4 after, Miyamoto said that Nintendo PR basically told him to shut up about the game. I adore Pikmin (one of my too Nintendo franchises) and I am wondering what's been going on with that game. I'm so starved for info.

Hey, Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , you mentioned how you are done with insider stuff but you also mentioned how you know enough Nintendo stuff outside of Smash to last until next fall. And you mentioned how Nintendo's 2020 is gonna be awesome. So... can you please say if you have heard ANYTHING about Pikmin 4? Can you share ANY details? The game is not unconfirmed on anything. It isn't a secret project. No NDA or anything like that since Miyamoto has already confirmed it. Please, anything. Other than saying it is still in development...

(If you can't answer, that's fine and understandable. But, dude, it has been years since Miyamoto said Pikmin 4 was almost done and even longer since Pikmin 3. It is one thing to have a game not be confirmed and waiting for it. It is another thing entirely to hear that a game is almost done but to have seen and hear virtually nothing about it for years. Maybe you don't have any info, but I figured I should ask since you said you had so much info about Nintendo next year/info to last until next Fall.)

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Before Fatman retired he said that Nightmare from Soul Calibur was one of the names floating around, and he was basically looking like our guy until Verg spoke up

Despite everything I still say smart money is on Nightmare
Nightmare is certainly plausible, but given that Sakurai is very big on Monolithsoft works as well, I'm not going to rule KOS-MOS out either. I recall that company had a big impact on him

Last edited:

Kewl0210

Smash Apprentice
You think doing Jonesy, or some sorta generic Fortnite rep, would be at all likely?
The ability to just build destructable walls and staircases in Smash would be kind of interesting and would work as a new mechanic. But it might not be possible to balance properly given how the rest of Smash works. People were talking about maybe Steve from Minecraft having something like that as a mechanic.
Dunno if it's really the sort of thing Sakurai would do for Smash though. But they're definitely not owned by any of the deconfirmed companies.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Y'all remember how long we waited for Pikmin 3... right? Hard to call Pikmin 4 their Half-Life 3 when they essentially already pulled that hiatus on us.
Pikmin games seem to have a knack of going through development hell.

(I mean the trilogy are amazing polished experiences, so I guess the wait between games are worth it. But still.)

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
give me Pikmin 4.

You think doing Jonesy, or some sorta generic Fortnite rep, would be at all likely?
The ability to just build destructable walls and staircases in Smash would be kind of interesting and would work as a new mechanic. But it might not be possible to balance properly given how the rest of Smash works. People were talking about maybe Steve from Minecraft having something like that as a mechanic.
Dunno if it's really the sort of thing Sakurai would do for Smash though. But they're definitely not owned by any of the deconfirmed companies.
I think it can be balanced, but I imagine it being easier to do so for Steve without it being nearly useless. I guess Jonesy could have it just for mobility purposes and having a wall take a hit...

Last edited:

Grumbo

Smash Ace
A huge TGA reveal of Reach on Switch and Chief in Smash would be absolutely massive and an amazing way to end the pass.
Reach on Switch
Chief in Smash
Dont make me wish for something I can never have
7478D246-1082-4D92-A602-3B488915B582.jpeg

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
AdamBel731 AdamBel731 All I know is Pikmin 4 is hardcore stuck in development hell just like 3 so who knows when and if it will ever come out.
Not to push the envelope and my luck too much, but... do you know... why? I mean I suppose we could figure that out since Miyamoto said it was almost done in 2015. The question is WHY. Why not show a teaser like they did for Prime 4? Especially if the game was almost done according to Miyamoto.

Again, if you can't say much/don't know much, that's fine. But it isn't a secret project that hasn't been confirmed, just a project that has no details on it. I'm just wishing we knew more...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom