• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm just going to copy and paste my post from the KOS-MOS thread here:

Theory time: Okay guys, you remember that mach figure with the gun Sakurai was using for a project 3 years ago? Well we obviously now know that was use for a character in Smash Ultimate due to the time frame. Who could that be? I don't know. But since Sakurai was working or thinking about this character in Smash all the way back in 2016, than it would only have to mean that they were intended for the project plan which, means: Whoever that mach toy was being use for, it has be FP5 since originally Ultimate's roster was just going have base and the Season Pass and it ending there. I think this mach toy could have been used for KOS-MOS.

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I don't think it's KosMos, Sora, Reimu, Master Chief, or any of the usual third party characters we always speculate about. It's someone completely unexpected, maybe even first party. :)

OffBi

Smash Ace
User was warned for this post
Which was infinitely more plausible than the Gordon Freeman stuff you were machine-gunning the thread with, no need to get wide.
Oh? OhohohohohOHOhohohoHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHHO.
Nope, i will use this information to laugh at all of you who seriously thought that Lloyd was the 5th dlc.
Here's my thoughts on everyone who believed that ****
Obelix.jpg

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
and lloyd gets sniped right after a near-consensus agreement that he was #5 by process of elimination. lol

i just want to express that its moments like these that make the thread/speculation scene for me. its the gaming equivalent of a roller coaster. good grief, its like we were on this set track towards lloyd and right when we were about to reach it, the ride dips down and we lose our sense of equilibrium as we realize that, oh ****, sakurai is at it again taking us somewhere we didnt expect

lmfao

its possible we might catch wind of who #5 is a day or two before the fact like what happened with terry but im enjoying having no idea who it is right now. im considering going dark a little before the vgas to maximize the shock value
I completely agree with everything that you said. 100%

That said, I’d recommend to start going dark now just to play it safe. Because now we have no idea who it is at this very moment.

I have really wanted to go dark before the VGAs. However, I always get worried that there was a character that was leaked in front of me, and I didn’t bother to pay attention to it

However, with the last “rumored” character out of the running, I have no reason to not go dark for the VGAs now.

cosmicB

Smash Ace
You'e peaked my interest and you've gotten my attention. Please, tell me more.
If you're cool with some pretty MASSIVE Xenosaga spoilers,
she's technically Mary Magdalene, meaning if she got into Smash, Christianity as a whole will be canon to Nintendo

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Lloyd isn’t Fighter 5

The timeline where Nightmare is 5, Geno is 6, and Lloyd is 7 might be the one we’re in

LET’S GO!!!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
But what happened to all of the Lloyd evidence and the Tales of news happening soon? It didn't sound like you were talking about Lloyd being post pass (though maybe I missed that).

So... is Nightmare Fighter #5 now or?...
And Sabi didn't say Tales of chances for Fighter #5, it was for Smash in general. So what exactly does that mean?

Edit: @Serenade01 guess you'll be happy about Lloyd not being Fighter #5, huh? I for one am sorry towards his fans who thought it seemed likely. His chances are still good for post pass DLC though!
I was always in the boat that if Lloyd wasn't 5, he'd probably be 6 or 7. My main stance for #5 was always that it was probably going to be Namco for a wide variety of reasons and Lloyd led the pack for reasons already discussed by a wide margin. The fact that Nightmare has only been mentioned recently, the only other major Namco character heard, and the circumstances surrounding them in private is definitely an interesting development. Moving away from him, Geno, Ryu, and Lloyd have not only been the characters heard the longest but were always kind of at the front of the pack (pun intended) for post DLC.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Nightmare is in.
I think it's significantly more likely than the Lloyd stuff you were posting ad nauseam here, eh xpnc xpnc ?
1575061822799.png

Yes as you can see I'm very torn up about it

Oh? OhohohohohOHOhohohoHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHHO.
Nope, i will use this information to laugh at all of you who seriously thought that Lloyd was the 5th dlc.
Here's my thoughts on everyone who believed that ****
Should we all start laughing at you too, or what?

Last edited:

Nicnac

Smash Ace
I was always in the boat that if Lloyd wasn't 5, he'd probably be 6 or 7. My main stance for #5 was always that it was probably going to be Namco for a wide variety of reasons and Lloyd led the pack for reasons already discussed by a wide margin. The fact that Nightmare has only been mentioned recently, the only other major Namco character heard, and the circumstances surrounding them in private is definitely an interesting development. Moving away from him, Geno, Ryu, and Lloyd have not only been the characters heard the longest but were always kind of at the front of the pack (pun intended) for post DLC.
So are you thinking that even if Nightmare comes in, Lloyd is still a possibility?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Even if Lloyd is #6 or #7, do you still think #5 is still going to be a Namco rep? I want to know your thoughts.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Sabi just is not worth listening to at this point. Every deconfirmation just adds to the pile of evidence that this whole “leak season” or whatever they’re trying to do has been a giant farce and is just frankly embarrassing behavior from someone who supposedly values their reputation so much.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Jesus Dark Souls now has a very good shot at FP5 as the Namco rep imo. Only threat is Tekken.
And Soul Calibur. Don't forget Soul Calibur.

Sabi just is not worth listening to at this point. Every deconfirmation just adds to the pile of evidence that this whole “leak season” or whatever they’re trying to do has been a giant farce and is just frankly embarrassing behavior from someone who supposedly values their reputation so much.
I still trust Sabi more than Verge though.

Last edited:

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
I mean, I support KOS-MOS since she’s a Xenogal and could potentially come with some music from Xenoblade X if they wanted to. Elma’s always gonna be my #1, but I could accept KOS-MOS. Plus, Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura would lose their mind.

Other than that, it’s real Phoenix Wright hours. Give him to me, Sakurai. Other Bandai-Namco characters that could work? The Prince from Katamari would be a really interesting pick from a moveset standpoint. I’m confident that whoever it is, they’ll be really fun to play. That’s the Sakurai way.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord

What is all this anti-Lloyd stuff? The hell happened in the short time I've been gone?!

*checks with Sabi*

Oh ****, okay. Welp, that's a thing

Damn...

WHO THE HELL IS THIS CHARACTER?!

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
I think Fatmanonice would like to have a word with you.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Damn it would be so spicy if one of the "deconfirmed" characters makes it as Fighter 5 anyways.

Totally making all of the most expected characters seem unexpected at the moment.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Even if Lloyd is #6 or #7, do you still think #5 is still going to be a Namco rep? I want to know your thoughts.
My thoughts:

-Fighter's Pass was originally final. Namco being the last company represented makes a ton of sense based on my "Thank You" theory.

-Lloyd actually fits more in line with rumors for Post Pass than the Fighter's Pass. 1. Much more fanservicey. 2. A Mii costume promotion like Geno. 3. Has a significant amount of longevity in the Smash fanbase.

-Strong evidence for Geno being "cut" from Hero gives a new perspective that Heihachi was "cut" from Terry and that Lloyd was hypothetically "cut" from #5 for similar reasons. Actually... I just had an epiphany... Give me a sec...

D

Deleted member

Probably going to be someone unexpected. Maybe not someone groundbreaking. But unexpected.

Sounds fine I’m cool with that.

But Sabi and Vergeben are loading their sniper rifles getting ready to shoot down the next rumoured character no doubt.

Last edited by a moderator:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Let's see we ask Sabi to look into characters for us and Sabi says what he's found. Yes, I too would find someone doing exactly what they said they'd do suspicious.

pinshadow

Smash Lord
My thoughts:

-Fighter's Pass was originally final. Namco being the last company represented makes a ton of sense based on my "Thank You" theory.

-Lloyd actually fits more in line with rumors for Post Pass than the Fighter's Pass. 1. Much more fanservicey. 2. A Mii costume promotion like Geno. 3. Has a significant amount of longevity in the Smash fanbase.

-Strong evidence for Geno being "cut" from Hero gives a new perspective that Heihachi was "cut" from Terry and that Lloyd was hypothetically "cut" from #5 for similar reasons. Actually... I just had an epiphany... Give me a sec...
So pretty much what I was saying a page or two back? Now that I think about it, if we assume that Lloyd was originally planned to release with Character 5, he works PERFECTLY with Nightmare, both as another sword character AND because he was in one of the Soul Caliber games as a guest character himself.

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
Okay seriously, do you guys not realize that "Character X isn't in teehee" is just a desperate ploy at relevance in the face of not having anything to leak?

Are we supposed to praise leakers for *not* calling something?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So pretty much what I was saying a page or two back? Now that I think about it, if we assume that Lloyd was originally planned to release with Character 5, he works PERFECTLY with Nightmare, both as another sword character AND because he was in one of the Soul Caliber games as a guest character himself.
When exactly was Lloyd a guest character in any Soul Calibur game? I certainly don't remember that.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I still trust Sabi more than Verge though.
I don't trust either of them, though I think I'd sooner trust Verge at this point. Everything related to Sabi has just gotten worse and worse, from a "Cease and Desist" debacle that never got explained, to transphobic comments, to whatever the hell mini-meltdown about the Maxwell leak was, to this recent slew of "deconfirmations" that scream attention seeking behavior when there has never been any proof in regard to any of these deconfirmations for #5 other than their word, and they somehow didn't get the one actual legitimate deconfirmation of Resident Evil right at that. Even if Sabi is right and actually knows #5, I think they deserve all the criticism in the world for how they've handled this process. You can just say, "I know #5 but telling you would endanger my source" or something along those lines, or just nothing if it's really that sensitive because that would be the proper thing to do. It's just bad behavior all around and I can't believe the Smash community is so desperate for news (like we didn't just get Terry and a confirmation of more fighters) that they put up with it so willingly.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
My thoughts:

Fatman right now

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
*Plays People Without Hope theme from Chrono Trigger*

Hmm, factoring in yet again the names that have been checked-off as potentially being the 5th DLC Fighter, here are some names to think about in the meantime (some of course have already been mentioned).

Capcom
-Phoenix Wright
-Viewtiful Joe
-Amaterasu
-Arthur
-Morrigan Aensland (... uh... actually... *remembers what happened to Mai*)

Bandai Namco
-Nightmare
-Klonoa
-Valkyrie
-KOS-MOS
-Chosen Undead
-Agumon (Pikachu: "Ah yes. My TRUE rival. We finally meet.")
-Taizo/Susumi (Dig Dug/Mr. Driller respectively)

Konami
-Goemon (I know he's a Mii Costume, but still; prior to the Fighters Pass, the Ganbare Goemon/Mystical Ninja hadn't been represented in Smash in any shape or form)
-Master Higgins (Adventure Island, just in case)
-TwinBee
-Pyramid Head

Taito
-Bub/Bob (Bubble Bobble)

LEVEL-5
-Professor Layton
-Jibanyan (Pikachu: "Finally, a worthy opponent. Our battle will be legendary." *MENACING*)

Idea Factory
-Neptune (Nep Nep!)

Marvelous
-Travis Touchdown
-Farmer (Story of Seasons; formerly known as Harvest Moon. Villager: "Finally, a worthy opponent. Our battle will be legendary." *MENACING*)

I apologize if I forgot to mention other names.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom