• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
I'm a bum... I copied and pasted this from the Discord because I wasn't expecting Nazyrus Nazyrus to literally have this all compiled like this already. Reading through each of the links and his own observations on the topic of Lloyd, this pretty much covers all the major talking points and pieces of evidence that we can share. All credit to him on this.

"Back in Nov 2, 2018, blueneuronDOTnet on smash boards gave us a list of why he believes Lloyd is a really solid shot:

https://smashboards.com/threads/the...es-the-slaughter.456945/page-11#post-22660247

Aside from that, and more recently, we heard from our NoA source “Tales news coming” in October 8th, the same day the trademarks of a book icon and “tales of series” text logo. The book icon has been jumped too fast to be believed as a “save icon” but nothing says that it is and it’s still an icon that looks like it would work perfectly in smash for Lloyd and his music section in the game.

The “Tales of Series” logo hasn’t been used at all, not even during the October Tales event that happened and they said “tales of series” at some point in the promos but they did NOT use the new trademarked logo anyway. A link of a couple of people who noticed this and pointed it out:

https://smashboards.com/threads/the...es-the-slaughter.456945/page-27#post-23615504

NessAtc. In the same board pointed out something to take in mind too:

https://smashboards.com/threads/the...es-the-slaughter.456945/page-27#post-23615796

“Considering Arise is already known, it has to be either a port, a non mothership game, or Smash. And only one of those would require that elaborate generic icon”

Since NoA heard “tales news coming” , we can easily assume it’s not related to mobile, as that would be purely Namco info and he is not a Namco source, he is a NoA one. It’s not for mobile then. Whatever it is, it’s coming to Nintendo, that’s for certain."
If he were to get an icon, why wouldn’t it be the clock like thing on the logo? That would make much more sense as an icon.

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
Okay first off, that comment of Lloyd not getting in because he's a requested character was suppose to be a joke, though I ain't putting real stock into it.

Also I'm not believing every leak is fake because Sakurai is my enemy (I like the guy, just don't think he has the best judgement all the times) I don't believe leaks because it's common sense. We hear all these characters and each one got deconfirmed, why bothering believing in any leak when it's going to wind up fake in less then a day? If we're hearing so many characters then chances are that none of them are actually going to happen.

Now on to the fan request debacle. Yes, many fans requests were answered, but that time is now over. Before the November Direct they were going on all cylinders answering many fan requested as possible, then November Direct came and that was the indication of them going in a different direction and stop having fan request be a top priority like it use to be.

Also saying some people want a characters like Hero & Terry so they're consider to be fan requests doesn't really count because just about every character that ever existed is wanted by someone out there. So by that proxy Piranha Plant is considered to be a fan requested character which I doubt many people would consider that to be a fan requested character. I'm sure if you look hard enough you'll find a person who legitimately wants Bubsy for Smash Bros. Those kind of characters are on a different level when compare to the fan requested characters like Geno, Ridley, Simon, K. Rool, and Isaac.

Now last point, yeah I don't think Lloyd is getting in. Who do I think is getting in? Anyone. It can literally be anyone (with a few exceptions of course). No one, not even the people who wanted them, thought Joker & Terry had a legitimate chance in getting in. So with this new precedent the Fifth Fighter can be any character you know or a character you never thought of. It could be Reiji Arisu for all we know. There's many third party characters out there, there is no logical choice on who it's going to be or evidence that shows a character is likely. Remember, barely anyone talked about Dragon Quest getting into Smash Bros until Brave was datamined and leakers started say a Square Enix character was getting in.

My guy we got banjo really recently. You can not prove that we will never get anymore fan request because we are getting some non fan requested fighters. You forget sakurai loves games as well so its only natural he would want to make other fighters he likes. Just becuase most of the dlc in the pass are not fan picks does not mean we will never get more fan request. Saying a plant got in before some fan request is not evidence.

Last edited:

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
If you still don’t think that Vergeben has a legit source after all of this time, idk what to tell you.
He did not call Erdrick, that was Tansut.

He did not call Banjo, that was shinobi.

He did not call Terry, that was Nintendo themselves.

He was right about stuff over a year ago and since then has been coasting on that reputation and proven himself a completely worthless source of info.

Last edited:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
If the next Smash character has been in front of us the whole time in the form of that icon I'm gonna laugh so hard
That’s really the smoking gun isn’t it? Especially that “Tales of Series” logo that looks PERFECT for showing up next to some Mii costumes

Also the part about the actual staff working on Smash pushing for Lloyd is fascinating to me, like it seems obvious now that Bamco employees would have someone they’d root for but I never really thought about it.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings

All Nintendo did was give away the companies name. Vergeben and Sabi then said that it was Terry, and look who is in our CSS.

Also pretty sure that he called Erdrick before Tansut did.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I guess what starts with the blade. Ends with the blade. A true gentleman's duel.

and starts all over again with a Geno Blast and a Double Barrel Shotgun.

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I don't know why, but Lloyd just seems like a fighters pass 2 thing. I can't really explain why, he just doesn't really seem to line up with the people we've gotten so far.

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
All Nintendo did was give away the companies name. Vergeben and Sabi then said that it was Terry, and look who is in our CSS.

Implying that SNK would get a character and it not being Terry. Calling that after the copyright leak (which is when both of them jumped on the Terry train) is worthless.

And he did not. As a matter of fact he was adamant that the Square rep would be shown off at the Game Awards, and look who got in.

Oh yeah and there's still the whole Minecraft thing.

Last edited:

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman

Terry was the most obvious character to get in from snk so thats not really anything to crazy. Also no Verge never said who the "square rep" was until erdick became a bandwagon. Heck technically he was wrong cus we got luminary as the base alt and not erdick.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Implying that SNK would get a character and it not being Terry. Calling that after the copyright leak (which is when both of them jumped on the Terry train) is worthless.

And he did not. As a matter of fact he was adamant that the Square rep would be shown off at the Game Awards, and look who got in.

Oh yeah and there's still the whole Minecraft thing.
Terry was the most obvious character to get in from snk so thats not really anything to crazy. Also no Verge never said who the "square rep" was until erdick became a bandwagon. Heck technically he was wrong cus we got luminary as the base alt and not erdick.
Funny enough, I barely knew about SNK at the time of the slip up. So when it happened, I immediately thought it would be a Samurai Shodown character, lol.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
My guy we got banjo really recently. You can not prove that we will never get anymore fan request because we are getting some non fan requested fighters. You forget sakurai loves games as well so its only natural he would want to make other fighters he likes. Just becuase most of the dlc in the pass are not fan picks does not mean we will never get more fan request. Saying a plant got in before some fan request is not evidence.
How a out the fact that a good majority of fan requested characters got turned into Assist Trophies & Mii Costumes, showing they have zero interest in making them playable and most likely will not bother with them for future DLC because they're already represented in some kind of way so they might as well, making the only fan requested character that are basically left are all third party characters because the requested Nintendo characters are all six feet under.

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
How a out the fact that a good majority of fan requested characters got turned into Assist Trophies & Mii Costumes, showing they have zero interest in making them playable and most likely will not bother with them for future DLC because they're already represented in some kind of way so they might as well, making the only fan requested character that are basically left are all third party characters because the requested Nintendo characters are all six feet under.

That still does not prove they wont make more fan request fighters. That does not mean lloyd or geno are impossible.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

He was right about stuff over a year ago and since then has been coasting on that reputation and proven himself a completely worthless source of info.
It's one thing to say that he was piggy-backing off of Shinobi (which seems justifiable to say, considering the timing), but it seems weird to dismiss him as "a completely worthless source of info" when he said that 67/81 characters (over 80% of the cast) would be in the game well before they were announced, including most of the unique/non-echo newcomers. All things considered, some of his sources appear to be legitimate, at the very least.

Not a huge fan of this whole "Guess Who" thing that's currently going on, though. I understand that the leakers can't outright say who the fifth character is (especially if multiple characters/companies are rumoured, since saying who's rumoured could potentially out their sources), but if they don't know, then I'm not sure why they keep bringing up who it's not aside from the fact that it gets attention.

Last edited:

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
It's one thing to say that he was piggy-backing off of Shinobi (which seems justifiable to say, considering the timing), but it seems weird to say that he's "a completely worthless source of info" when he said that 67/81 characters (over 80% of the cast) would be in the game well before they were announced, including most of the unique/non-echo newcomers. All things considered, some of his sources appear to be legitimate, at the very least.
Hence "he was right about stuff over a year ago". How long is he allowed to coast on an old glory before his constant mistakes and piggybacking matters more than the one time he was right?

Like, "Character X isn't in" isn't really a leak.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
If he were to get an icon, why wouldn’t it be the clock like thing on the logo? That would make much more sense as an icon.
Cloud could have the Meteor but instead he got "FF"... -shrugs-

Edit: My bad i got super long ago ninja'd by someone in this page already, lol

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings

My bad i got super long ago ninja'd by someone in this page already, lol
Fair enough I guess.

But I still don’t see why a save icon would be a Smash logo though?

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I remember Verge's first leak said Wright and Tails would be DLC and that some characters would be cut and be readded later through DLC. And then like a few days before everyone is here he said everyone would be back.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I believe that it was said that Vergeben has similar sources to the other insiders, but while they parse through the info to make sure things line up and come off as hesitantor secretive, he blurts it out. It's just that it hasn't backfired yet, except for the Minecraft stuff. That was leakbait, and I don't think the others claimed it was coming at any time.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045

Edit: My bad i got super long ago ninja'd by someone in this page already, lol
It’s both sad and hilarious to me that Cloud is the go-to comparison for ****ty representation in Smash

Think a series doesn’t have enough music? Look at Cloud. Not enough spirits? Cloud. Dumb logo? Cloud.

It almost undermines him being basically the craziest Smash inclusion of all time. Almost.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I don't believe leaks because it's common sense. We hear all these characters and each one got deconfirmed, why bothering believing in any leak when it's going to wind up fake in less then a day? If we're hearing so many characters then chances are that none of them are actually going to happen.
But we don't believe every leak/rumor we see/hear, though, all we do is discuss them. Why do you continue to assume that we believe everything we hear?

Now on to the fan request debacle. Yes, many fans requests were answered, but that time is now over. Before the November Direct they were going on all cylinders answering many fan requested as possible, then November Direct came and that was the indication of them going in a different direction and stop having fan request be a top priority like it use to be.
DoYouHaveASingleFactToBackThatUp.jpg

Also saying some people want a characters like Hero & Terry so they're consider to be fan requests doesn't really count because just about every character that ever existed is wanted by someone out there. So by that proxy Piranha Plant is considered to be a fan requested character which I doubt many people would consider that to be a fan requested character. I'm sure if you look hard enough you'll find a person who legitimately wants Bubsy for Smash Bros. Those kind of characters are on a different level when compare to the fan requested characters like Geno, Ridley, Simon, K. Rool, and Isaac.
So was Inkling a fan requested character? What about Isabelle? Does Hero really not count because their demand wasn't global? If Incineroar and Plant were the end of fan requested characters, does that mean that Banjo doesn't count? If Geno was revealed, would he not count?

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Hence "he was right about stuff over a year ago". How long is he allowed to coast on an old glory before his constant mistakes and piggybacking matters more than the one time he was right?

Like, "Character X isn't in" isn't really a leak.
I have to agree. Vergeben has not leaked anything significant ever since the game came out and he tumbled multiple times, such as when he said that the Square Enix character was going to be the first DLC character. Also, he said Terry only after the SNK copyright leak. And he deconfirmed one of the speculated characters (I think it was Ryu?) only after Sabi's source shot that character down. Admittedly there is nothing big that really kills his credibility, but he seems to be very hesitant to leak anything until somebody else leaks it first.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Obviously if a character isn't wanted by 100% of the smash community it isn't a fan pick. That's why the only true fan pick is going to be Hatsune Miku.

Droodle

Smash Lord
I'm a bum... I copied and pasted this from the Discord because I wasn't expecting Nazyrus Nazyrus to literally have this all compiled like this already. Reading through each of the links and his own observations on the topic of Lloyd, this pretty much covers all the major talking points and pieces of evidence that we can share. All credit to him on this.

"Back in Nov 2, 2018, blueneuronDOTnet on smash boards gave us a list of why he believes Lloyd is a really solid shot:

https://smashboards.com/threads/the...es-the-slaughter.456945/page-11#post-22660247

Aside from that, and more recently, we heard from our NoA source “Tales news coming” in October 8th, the same day the trademarks of a book icon and “tales of series” text logo. The book icon has been jumped too fast to be believed as a “save icon” but nothing says that it is and it’s still an icon that looks like it would work perfectly in smash for Lloyd and his music section in the game.

The “Tales of Series” logo hasn’t been used at all, not even during the October Tales event that happened and they said “tales of series” at some point in the promos but they did NOT use the new trademarked logo anyway. A link of a couple of people who noticed this and pointed it out:

https://smashboards.com/threads/the...es-the-slaughter.456945/page-27#post-23615504

NessAtc. In the same board pointed out something to take in mind too:

https://smashboards.com/threads/the...es-the-slaughter.456945/page-27#post-23615796

“Considering Arise is already known, it has to be either a port, a non mothership game, or Smash. And only one of those would require that elaborate generic icon”

Since NoA heard “tales news coming” , we can easily assume it’s not related to mobile, as that would be purely Namco info and he is not a Namco source, he is a NoA one. It’s not for mobile then. Whatever it is, it’s coming to Nintendo, that’s for certain."
Is that it?

No offense, but the generic Tales icon fits Yuri more then Lloyd because Vesperia is actually when that icon started to be used as a save icon.

Unless you have other reasons to believe Lloyd has a better shot then Yuri, I'm back on 50/50 Lloyd:Yuri. But either or is a win for me, and it is nice to know that they have a pretty good shot.

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
I can’t wait until Sabi gives the final word about Lloyd. The result will interesting no matter what is said.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
If Miku wasn't 4th party (yes she is, https://www.giantbomb.com/hatsune-miku/3005-7367/ she's from a music software) I would unironically be cheering for her inclusion. She is iconic and would have a distinct moveset with dancing moves and maybe music notes? I mean, if we have Wii Fit Trainer who fights with exercise poses, we could have a character that fights with dancing moves (Elite Beat Agents anyone?).

Plank08

Smash Lord
Hey guys, i had my nose surgery this morning so i was not able to keep up with everything that happened so yeah, what did i miss?
I’m happy your surgery was successful
Oh no. Guys, genuinely please no. There is a difference between saying your dislike for a character and actively rooting and liking them being not playable. I've said this before, but this is the type of behavior the Smash fanbase is notorious for. Sakurai wants Smash to be fun, not for its fans to be tribalistic gatekeepers who crap on others' hopes and desires.

@OffBi, dude, c'mon why do you have to act like that? How would you feel if someone took a bunch of dumps on your wanted character and then laugh when they don't get in? C'mon dude, I don't even have any attachment to Lloyd and that's just immature. @Waluigi is not getting in, why do you have to have this similar behavior as well? If people like you, OffBi, and wynn728 wynn728 are gonna act as you do, then just leave. Hardly anyone will bat an eyelash because the behavior you're displaying is just straight up rude.

wynn728 wynn728 leave the thread if you're gonna keep complaining. Every post is complaining. Will you get it through your skull that hardly ANYONE likes your behavior? Just leave if you're going to continue this nonsense every day. If you think Geno isn't gonna make it in and INSIST on repeating that at NAUSEAM, then why the heck are you still here?! I don't even have an attachment to Geno, but at least I think he'll get in and am rooting for his fans. Just leave and go sit in your isolated echo chamber alone already.

@Waluigi is not getting in and @OffBi, you guys have had less egregious posts than wynn, but at least he never actively was going to smile at other people for being upset. Again, I don't say this as someone who even really knows about Tales of that much, but you guys are being a bit rude. Why give into the stereotype that gives the Smash fanbase a bad name? I'm not trying to be your dad or condensing, but this is behavior no really wants to be around. So if you're gonna continue to act like that, then just leave. See what I'm doing? I have NO ATTACHMENT to Geno NOR Lloyd, but I will never ever root against them. Or ANY character for that matter. Rather than piss about because MY character didn't get in or because Sakurai did something I didn't want, I am trying to be happy for groups who DO want those things. Maybe stop thinking about yourselves and do the same. I'm certainly not perfect, but at least I understand that this is a bloody video game and won't crap on people when talking about it.

All three of you make this thread miserable. If you guys genuinely change your behavior ( wynn728 wynn728 ) then please stay. But if you're not gonna change your behavior, then buzz off.
Look I get your frustrated but you can’t just force people to leave a thread,if you don’t like them then just ignore them, yelling at someone to leave is something the mods really don’t like.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
I’m happy your surgery was successful

Look I get your frustrated but you can’t just force people to leave a thread,if you don’t like them then just ignore them, yelling at someone to leave is something the mods really don’t like.
Thanks man i really appreciate it

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Is that it?

No offense, but the generic Tales icon fits Yuri more then Lloyd because Vesperia is actually when that icon started to be used as a save icon.

Unless you have other reasons to believe Lloyd has a better shot then Yuri, I'm back on 50/50 Lloyd:Yuri. But either or is a win for me, and it is nice to know that they have a pretty good shot.
Bruh didja read the first link? There’s a whole lot of Lloyd specific stuff in there (including the fact that Sakurai literally said Lloyd is the best character to represent the series)

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
If Miku wasn't 4th party (yes she is, https://www.giantbomb.com/hatsune-miku/3005-7367/ she's from a music software) I would unironically be cheering for her inclusion. She is iconic and would have a distinct moveset with dancing moves and maybe music notes? I mean, if we have Wii Fit Trainer who fights with exercise poses, we could have a character that fights with dancing moves (Elite Beat Agents anyone?).
That type of talk isn't allowed here. She is owned 100% by Sega in my heart. And is a video game character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom