• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Yeah i brought this up in my post, I still have a hard time believing doom is getting a playable in smash with how western characters without eastern popularity have been treated so far and doom is in a worse position than any of them. But were just going to have wait and see unless the insider group decide to make a confirmation.
How is Doomslayer in a worser position than other western 3rd party candidates? Doom is literally the godfather of FPS itself so Doomslayer is in a very good position to get in even better than most of the big western 3rd party names due to Doom's legacy being the godfather of the FPS genre.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Most likely he can neither confirm or deny that statement.
They had no problem discussing ryu crash and geno after a notable leak broke for them so I don't see why they'd quit now tbh.

How is Doomslayer in a worser position than other western 3rd party candidates? Doom is literally the godfather of FPS itself so Doomslayer is in a very good position to get in even better than most of the big western 3rd party names due to Doom's legacy being the godfather of the FPS genre.
Doom as a franchise in Japan basically doesn't exist. Mortal Kombat is the only thing I can think of they detest more. I think the reboot in total only has medial 5 digit sales over there.

Last edited:

Antho

Smash Apprentice
Last time I posted here was in September I believe, but since then I've been lurking here. The past two months were so crazy that Geno's chances have never seemed higher than they are right now, at least to me. I have faith that Geno might get in.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
They has no problem discussing ryu crash and geno after a notable leak broke for them so I don't see why they'd quit now tbh.

Doom as a franchise in Japan basically doesn't exist. Mortal Kombat is the only thing I can think of they detest more. I think the reboot in total only has 5 digit sales over there.
Let's just say that Doomslayer could be like the Hero for the Americans or for the west in general. FPS is BIG in the west, so Doom not being so successful in Japan shouldn't matter.

Rikarte

Smash Ace
I mean, they could always not have Doom Slayer. Hear me out about it real quick. Underrepresentation of a company is not unheard of in Smash. Wayforward only has two spirits and no playable characters while Ubisoft, who is way bigger than Wayforward, only has three spirits and three trophies across two games. Having a big company go represented without a fighter is still a possibility.
This is exactly what I'm thinking too

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Look like we may have finally made it guys! This is insane. Little bummed that Lloyd isnt #5 but as long as Geno’s in im good with anyone. We’re probably getting Terry VERY soon with Doomguy and Geno reveals

Bionichute

Smash Champion
they wouldn't do negotiations with a western company if something more than a mii costume was coming out of it, guys. for things like goemon, virtua fighter and the like, nintendo already has connections with those companies that are on the same island as them. bethesda, meanwhile, is on the other side of the world and would require flights and translators and stuff

and no this isn't like with sans, undertale isn't owned by a large corporation so toby fox just had to bring it up to him and sign a contract or some such. and even then we got a new remix of megalovania to go with the costume

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Let's just say that Doomslayer could be like the Hero for the Americans or for the west in general. FPS is BIG in the west, so Doom not being so successful in Japan shouldn't matter.
And I'm saying were currently in unexplored territory. Western reps in general have been limited to only Diddy for over a decade now and it took somthing like banjo to break that who doesn't share dooms problem. We're going to know before too long so we'll see.

Last edited:

Rikarte

Smash Ace
they wouldn't do negotiations with a western company if something more than a mii costume was coming out of it, guys. for things like goemon, virtua fighter and the like, nintendo already has connections with those companies that are on the same island as them. bethesda, meanwhile, is on the other side of the world and would require flights and translators and stuff

and no this isn't like with sans, undertale isn't owned by a large corporation so toby fox just had to bring it up to him and sign a contract or some such. and even then we got a new remix of megalovania to go with the costume
I mean they've done negotiations with WayForward for just two spirits sooo...
Not every franchise has to be represented with a fighter. Especially since Bethesda seems to be very open about Smash, I don't think getting the rights for their characters should be that hard.

Last edited:

Corbin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nibrocofthepuddn
Geno and Doomguy are my top 2 most wanted. What a wild leak.

d01.jpg

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Look like we may have finally made it guys! This is insane. Little bummed that Lloyd isnt #5 but as long as Geno’s in im good with anyone. We’re probably getting Terry VERY soon with Doomguy and Geno reveals
I expect one or the other being announced when Terry drops and the other announced during the VGA next month.

Last edited:

vivala

Smash Journeyman
So I just woke up to this news and AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I should probably be more skeptical after being burned by the Grinch Leak last year, but screw it - all aboard the hype train!

Grumbo

Smash Ace

This is one of the biggest games in the world we’re talking about here, and the two companies were talking about smash since before release

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Yeah, my first thought for this was, “If it’s real, then this is the ESRB having to take a look at the Cacodemon’s Mii Costume to check and they have the ****ing worst security when it comes to Smash.”

I don’t know if it’s real or not, but this is definitely the most interesting “leak” in a very long time. Video footage is always a good sign that serious effort has been put into this. Alright, Nintendo, your move.

Bionichute

Smash Champion
I mean they've done negotiations with WayForward for just two spirits sooo...
Not every franchise has to be represented with a fighter
i feel this is incredibly different from both shantae and rayman spirits, partly because this is dlc that the main team is working on, and not the side team that made the spirit fights

and as noted, nintendo and bethesda have talked about smash before hand. these kinds of deals do take a lot of effort and time

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Worth noting: that isn't a Mallow costume. That's actually a Mallow hat with a Toad body.
So is the cacodemon just a hat too?
I expect one or the other being announced when Terry drops and the other announced during the VGA next month.
This is another thing, Geno is absolutely not a vga character but unless he's in the pass somehow then I don't know where he'd be revealed if not all together.

Herocin

Smash Journeyman

And Toby Fox was in Japan at the time and also was learning to speak Japanese

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
I mean, they could always not have Doom Slayer. Hear me out about it real quick. Underrepresentation of a company is not unheard of in Smash. Wayforward only has two spirits and no playable characters while Ubisoft, who is way bigger than Wayforward, only has three spirits and three trophies across two games. Having a big company go represented without a fighter is still a possibility.

Considering Sakurai called Doom the “father of FPS” once, I highly doubt he would just settle for Mii costumes.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord

This is another thing, Geno is absolutely not a vga character but unless he's in the pass somehow then I don't know where he'd be revealed if not all together.
It is. You can tell. It's wearing the cybernetic armor mii costume

Wait a secon

Yeah, it's the white alt to the High Tech Armor

Last edited:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
The one thing I will give it is that if it is just a costume then why a cacodemon and not doom guy armor? Seems like a mallow situation on their end too.

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
The one thing I will give it is that if it is just a costume then why a cacodemon and not doom guy armor? Seems like a mallow situation on their end too.
They may have just not shown them perhaps? Obviously I think this is probably not not the case but as nothing is making it bend one way or another then his should be taken into account as the healthy dose of skepticism salt

Last edited:

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Maybe because both characters are traditionally too short or big to have proper costumes. Note that Slime and Morgana both got hats. This makes sense because of their heights, so Mallow would be in a similar boat.

Cacodemons are absolutely massive and spherical from a design perspective, so they would almost certainly be a hat.

Doom Slayer and Geno for Smash Bros. Heck yeah! I could see it being now but I'll remain skeptical until we see it officially because of...you know... That one guy.

Last edited:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Maybe because both characters are traditionally too short or big to have proper costumes. Note that Slime and Morgana both got hats. This makes sense because of their heights, so Mallow would be in a similar boat.

Cacodemons are absolutely massive and spherical from a design perspective, so they would almost certainly be a hat.

Doom Slayer and Geno for Smash Bros. Heck yeah! I could see it being now but I'll remain skeptical until we see it officially because of...you know... That one guy.
My point was that if they wanted to represent doom via a costume why snub doomguy for a mook? That would be like passing over sans for an annoying dog hat.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Cacodemons are the most iconic enemy type in the Doom series much like Slime is to Dragon Quest.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Skimmed the thread and didnt see anyone bring up this recently released Mallow Mii hat Wii U mod. Not sure how this effects things if at all. Is it easy to port mods between Wii U and Ultimate or are there mods for Ken, the Dragon Quest stage, and the Doom Mii hat for Wii U?

Last edited:

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
Oh. My. *******. God.
I’m not putting 100% into this leak being real, but holy ****. GET ME OFF OF SAKURAIS WILD RIDE, I CAN’T TAKE THE HYPE

Grumbo

Smash Ace

I really think we’re selling Geno short in terms of the VGAs. The majority of people who watch it are not casual gamers, and id think the same applies to smash fans who watch it.

DIY

Smash Apprentice

Attachments

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Skimmed the thread and didnt see anyone bring up this recently released Mallow Mii hat Wii U mod. Not sure how this effects things if at all. Is it easy to port mods between Wii U and Ultimate or are there mods for Ken, the Dragon Quest stage, and the Doom Mii hat for Wii U?
Smash Ultimate modding hasn't gotten to Mii costumes yet as I've posted previously

EIhlvhFWoAAjj9T.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom