• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
You know, besides the Smash stuff, what was the highlight of the Direct for you guys. I am really curious of the BotW sequel, as I have the feeling Zelda will be playable and Ganondorf will certainly play a big role.
No More Heroes 3 was a big one, though Travis Strikes Again hinted that it was coming with all of the subtlety of a chainsaw.

The Breath of the Wild sequel (prequel?), Pokemon Sword/Shield, and Link's Awakening all look nice, and I'll definitely pick them up at some point, though I'd like to finish Breath of the Wild, Pokemon Y, and Ocarina of Time before I consider getting them.

In terms of unexpected stuff that I'm likely to get any time soon, Panzer Dragoon was great. I haven't played any of the games before, but "Star Fox with dragons" already has me sold on it. Collection of Mana also seems like it's worth looking into, and Mario & Sonic might be worth it this year - the events that the game covers look like they'll be fun.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
You know, besides the Smash stuff, what was the highlight of the Direct for you guys. I am really curious of the BotW sequel, as I have the feeling Zelda will be playable and Ganondorf will certainly play a big role.
I was honestly bored the entire direct until the very end. A bunch of Square Enix games I didn't care about. Ports I really didn't care about. I didn't care for the hero. and the gameplay I was shown of the games I wanted were exactly as expected. I was more interested in the games they quickly showed at the end

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Is there any plan for Nintendo to announce new stuff at this Treehouse? I forget how they do e3.

Also, I have to say that I'm surprised how none of the Smash stuff is available this time like it was with the Lucas/Roy/Ryu E3.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Link's Awakening has a Zelda Maker mode. Yesssssssssss.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Is there any plan for Nintendo to announce new stuff at this Treehouse? I forget how they do e3.

Also, I have to say that I'm surprised how none of the Smash stuff is available this time like it was with the Lucas/Roy/Ryu E3.
It's definitely possible - they announced Metroid: Samus Returns at a previous Treehouse stream, the same year that they announced Metroid Prime 4.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Seems to be a self challenge thing, but maybe they are testing the grounds for something... magical.
It's interesting, as they literally told the creators of Zelda Classic is that the game is fine as long as they don't try to sell it.

Even then, ZC and this mode are extremely different designs how to create dungeons. One is complex as hell while the other is... very simple in comparison.

And both are cool that way.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
It's interesting, as they literally told the creators of Zelda Classic is that the game is fine as long as they don't try to sell it.

Even then, ZC and this mode are extremely different designs how to create dungeons. One is complex as hell while the other is... very simple in comparison.

And both are cool that way.
Sorry, I am very confused about what you are referring to.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Zelda Classic is a fanmade engine where people create their own 8/16 bit zelda games, mostly using the NES style of the first Zelda.
Okay then, thanks for clarification.

There is a variety of ways to design stuff like this, but the one in Awakening is rather limited. All the rooms seem pre set, you just need to place them.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Honestly, I think a lot of us are more relieved than anything that Luminary and the DQ heroes are finally here. That battle can be put to rest with a salutation to DQ and its legacy, and now, we can just look forward to pave the way for Geno. It's such a relief to move on from that. I didn't like the tensions between both fan bases, and now, we can focus strictly on our star boy.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Animal Crossing just because of the scores of QoL changes, adding and fixing things that fans have been requesting since literally the first game.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Okay then, thanks for clarification.

There is a variety of ways to design stuff like this, but the one in Awakening is rather limited. All the rooms seem pre set, you just need to place them.
I'm hoping it has more options than that. I mean, I don't expect an awesome amount, but ZC does allow for new sprites. It's like you're making your own hack, if you will.

Otherwise, you got cool stuff like Randomizers.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I'm hoping it has more options than that. I mean, I don't expect an awesome amount, but ZC does allow for new sprites. It's like you're making your own hack, if you will.

In a hypothetical full game of this, I imagine you will be given more options. For now, it just seems to be a side make your own challenge, with varying prizes depending on the difficulty of the layout.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
In a hypothetical full game of this, I imagine you will be given more options. For now, it just seems to be a side make your own challenge, with varying prizes depending on the difficulty of the layout.
Yeah. I wonder if it's also a test for a potential one down the line. See how many people like it.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord

I would gladly pay Nintendo if they made a randomizer of Zelda I.

It made the dungeons more interesting, especially in later versions that introduced more items like the hammer and canes.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I would gladly pay Nintendo if they made a randomizer of Zelda I.

It made the dungeons more interesting, especially in later versions that introduced more items like the hammer and canes.
ZC has a lot of Zelda Randomizers too. For the most part, it wouldn't do them much good to go for that. It's a lot of work to do so. As ZC can't be used to make money either, that leaves one option out. The other is looking at hacks, but it might be easier to hire those who made the hacks to remake it better. But those are also hacks, which is something they don't want to encourage.

So it's a pickle they're in. They have to be careful not to encourage game mods they don't want approved, but also provide a fun randomized experience. In this case, it could be better to just let it be as is and focus on their normal game types.

-----------------

Getting back to Geno, I saw a SMRPG Randomizer. It was sweet.

link2702

Smash Champion
I'm still literally recovering from the banjo reveal. Yeah the DQ stuff disappointed me(though I still feel geno's chances are good) but the whole surrealness of seeing banjo and kazooie once again on a nintendo console, AND with a new design that is modern but also faithful to their original (unlike nuts and bolts)..

My mind just feels....fried by it. And we all had a good idea that it was true, that they really were returning based on all the leaks, and nintendo and microsoft's good will to each other lately. Despite all this it's still just mindblowing.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
ZC has a lot of Zelda Randomizers too. For the most part, it wouldn't do them much good to go for that. It's a lot of work to do so. As ZC can't be used to make money either, that leaves one option out. The other is looking at hacks, but it might be easier to hire those who made the hacks to remake it better. But those are also hacks, which is something they don't want to encourage.

So it's a pickle they're in. They have to be careful not to encourage game mods they don't want approved, but also provide a fun randomized experience. In this case, it could be better to just let it be as is and focus on their normal game types.

-----------------

Getting back to Geno, I saw a SMRPG Randomizer. It was sweet.
I need to mess around with that thing.

You know, I could also make some fun happen with the RTC (real-time corruptor) from Vine-y Sauce and make some crazy SMRPG corruptions. That game has amazing corruption potential, and I don't know why it hasn't been utilized yet. I want to see a glitchy Geno get yeeted into the universe, bonus if he's pink.

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
I've said this before but I don't think Geno's Spirit is, like, the final nail in the coffin. Mewtwo and Lucas got trophies in Smash For (Mewtwo was even announced prior to release) so I don't think a jpeg will stop Geno if Sakurai wants to put him in. Worst case scenario the Spirit and battle were all Sakurai could do because he never could put Geno into Ultimate.

I'm not giving up until we see the Mii costume.

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
Banjo in Smash was amazing; that struck a chord with me for a moment just seeing him having fun with that music playing throughout the gameplay footage. I felt like a part of my childhood came back to life and it was glorious. I'm with everyone else in feeling relieved that relevancy has nothing to do with any character having a chance at getting in Smash, so I feel pretty good about that especially in regards to a character like Geno.

Besides that, my other favorite moment of E3 was that new Contra game, even though I'm probably alone in that since people get way too hung up on graphics (or the fact the game itself is 3D). I've been waiting way too long for a new Contra, so that plus the Contra Collection getting released earlier today was wonderful. Bought it right away and been having fun playing those games during the storms we got here today. There were plenty of other games I wouldn't mind playing as well including Link's Awakening and the new Animal Crossing, so overall I felt this was probably one of the best E3's I've witnessed in a long time.

ShotoStar 2

Smash Journeyman
After so many miracles happened in Ultimate I oddly feel hopeful for Geno to return one day if not in this Fighters Pass itself. "Ridley's too big" Ridley was in, "K. Rool is too irrelevant" K. Rool is in, "Okay K. Rool got in but Irrelevant 3rd party characters can't get in" Banjo got in, Just wait and see people will say "There can't be two Square Reps and Geno is even more irrelevant than Banjo!" and then he'll be in. I have some sort of hope for Geno now despite the odds.

Not to mention for me at least, This year has paralleled last year quite a bit even down to Smash having two reveals (E3 2018: Daisy and Ridley) (E3 2019: Hero and Banjo) so if this trend continue I say we get one more long running fan favorite and who else but Geno fits that bill? Nobody really.

Of course we have to wait and see if the Mii Costume returns or not but if it doesn't? Then I say we shouldn't lose hope at all cause Geno may still be in for all we know. If a Microsoft rep can happen then two Square reps can happen, Anything can happen at this point.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I just hope one day we can get Geno in. I feel like it’ll happen one day in the future. Hopefully one day.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
After so many miracles happened in Ultimate I oddly feel hopeful for Geno to return one day if not in this Fighters Pass itself. "Ridley's too big" Ridley was in, "K. Rool is too irrelevant" K. Rool is in, "Okay K. Rool got in but Irrelevant 3rd party characters can't get in" Banjo got in, Just wait and see people will say "There can't be two Square Reps and Geno is even more irrelevant than Banjo!" and then he'll be in. I have some sort of hope for Geno now despite the odds.

Not to mention for me at least, This year has paralleled last year quite a bit even down to Smash having two reveals (E3 2018: Daisy and Ridley) (E3 2019: Hero and Banjo) so if this trend continue I say we get one more long running fan favorite and who else but Geno fits that bill? Nobody really.

Of course we have to wait and see if the Mii Costume returns or not but if it doesn't? Then I say we shouldn't lose hope at all cause Geno may still be in for all we know. If a Microsoft rep can happen then two Square reps can happen, Anything can happen at this point.
Man, if we really just have the fighter pass, it's going to be weird going back to no Smash news at E3 again. Smash Ultimate at E3 has just been crazy.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
So... I guess we're back to figuratively (and possibly literally) blue balling until probably an August Direct with update 5.0. It's honestly amazing that each and every single one of us hasn't taken up drinking just from being in this fanbase. So we're now looking at a minimum of 9 months before we POTENTIALLY get a definitive answer on Geno's fate.
Well if it's any consolation, we may know his fate sooner depending on what happens with The Hero's release. If he gets a mini-Direct dropped like Joker did that goes over all of his abilities, stage, and any new features, we may get a batch of Mii fighter costumes with him (Actually, we definitely will get Mii costumes with each character drop, though I don't think they necessarily have to be related to the company releasing the character). August would be the tale end of possibilities, so I think it's possible we may see them sometime next month... But I've been wrong about that before with Joker and having him properly debut much later than I expected. Also, bold of you to assume that I haven't already taken up drinking:

(I actually don't drink much these days, I got most of that out of my system Junior year of College lol).

On another note, this may sound a little bit weird, but today actually quite inspired my faith in Geno having a real shot, but not quite for the same reason as everyone else. Yes, Banjo Kazooie on their own is a win for all the other "irrelevant" characters out there for sure and it shows Nintendo and Sakurai are not going to be absolutely blind to fan desires during this Fighter's Pass. They also showed us that Nintendo and Sakurai are willing to go to larger lengths to make certain characters happen that are desired from the third party perspective (I AM interested to hear what Sakurai comments about Dragon Quest in Smash and if there was a situation like Castlevania where a number of votes showed up across the board for Dragon Quest in general leading to The Hero's development, but we'll have to wait and see and there well may not be).

But it was actually how they handled The Hero that gave me the most hope for Geno. They could have absolutely done the bare minimum for Dragon Quest in Smash and just have gone with Luminary like I was expecting during his reveal trailer. They could have also just given him a single alt in Erdrick and called it a day to represent old and new Dragon Quest. They could have done a number of other moves for his Final Smash. But they didn't. Sakurai decided to include four of the most popular characters across the series as playable alts for one another. He actually seems to have come up with an inspired move set based upon MP that could really make the difference in making the character stand out. Sakurai also made sure The Hero's Final Smash included every single Dragon Quest main hero to date. And finally, he also made one of the most beautifully done trailers in Smash that we've seen so far (That CGI was the badass type everyone wanted from World of Light proper I think, which I have another theory on actually as to why certain decisions may have been made with regards to content in Smash if people are interested, but that's another conversation for another time).

He did all that to please any fan of Dragon Quest he could reach and to try to sale these characters to detractors as well. He gave another series the absolute royal treatment as he has for every third party newcomer in Ultimate, and this time he didn't need to even go half as far as he did. The Hero, Banjo Kazooie, and Joker all feel like gifts given to the fan base with astounding small details and attention paid to them. The Fighter's Pass feels like it's being treated as absolute premium content for the game and made to appeal to a wide variety of players and fans. If he's paying this much attention to a character like The Hero, and he's also paying enough attention to bring us Banjo Kazooie, then I don't think there isn't any way he isn't paying enough attention to try to bring us Geno before Ultimate sees the end of its DLC. Our three current DLC characters all feel like almost feel like Sakurai is going for a big bang finale on his Smash career, much in the same way that base Ultimate was a big bang of its own for the Smash series. If he's going this far with everything, I think there's a real chance he will try to make Geno happen. Maybe not in the Fighter's Pass itself (and maybe this is just part of the bargaining stage, but **** it), but as a standalone character outside of the Fighter's Pass to conclude the legacy of Smash. His final goodbye to the hardcore Smash fans is to return to us a character we said goodbye to 23 years ago. I know I'm not always the most positive on his chances, but there's just something magical about what Smash seems to have accomplished today that makes me feel such positive ideas seem more possible. I'd really love to be right on this, I really would.

Last edited:

ShotoStar 2

Smash Journeyman
Man, if we really just have the fighter pass, it's going to be weird going back to no Smash news at E3 again. Smash Ultimate at E3 has just been crazy.
Absolutely these past two years at E3 and for Smash especially has been absolutely crazy. The sheer amount of love and support that's being put into Smash Ultimate is just crazy and that right there is why I sort of think Geno has a chance now, Sakurai seems to be doing everything he can for Smash Ultimate and the fans especially (Ridley, K. Rool, Simon, Banjo, Bringing back and updating the Isaac assist trophy, Etc.) He seems to be wanting to make this game for everyone and to give the hardcore audience their desserts for staying with the series for so long.

This E3 and Last E3 with their final reveals definitely show that, They managed to put in Ridley and Banjo in Smash for goodness sake!

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
As contradictory as it may sound, if we DON'T see Geno's costume in the next Smash direct, I think that actually increases his chances immensely. Cause there is really no reason they can't bring him back as a Mii costume.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Well if it's any consolation, we may know his fate sooner depending on what happens with The Hero's release. If he gets a mini-Direct dropped like Joker did that goes over all of his abilities, stage, and any new features, we may get a batch of Mii fighter costumes with him (Actually, we definitely will get Mii costumes with each character drop, though I don't think they necessarily have to be related to the company releasing the character). August would be the tale end of possibilities, so I think it's possible we may see them sometime next month... But I've been wrong about that before with Joker and having him properly debut much later than I expected. Also, bold of you to assume that I haven't already taking up drinking:

(I actually don't drink much these days, I got most of that out of my system Junior year of College lol).

On another note, this may sound a little bit weird, but today actually quite inspired my faith in Geno having a real shot, but not quite for the same reason as everyone else. Yes, Banjo Kazooie on their own is a win for all the other "irrelevant" characters out there for sure and it shows Nintendo and Sakurai are not going to be absolutely blind to fan desires during this Fighter's Pass. They also showed us that Nintendo and Sakurai are willing to go to larger lengths to make certain characters happen that are desired from the third party perspective (I AM interested to hear what Sakurai comments about Dragon Quest in Smash and if there was a situation like Castlevania where a number of votes showed up across the board for Dragon Quest in general leading to The Hero's development, but we'll have to wait and see and there well may not be).

But it was actually how they handled The Hero that gave me the most hope for Geno. They could have absolutely done the bare minimum for Dragon Quest in Smash and just have gone with Luminary like I was expecting during his reveal trailer. They could have also just given him a single alt in Erdrick and called it a day to represent old and new Dragon Quest. They could have done a number of other moves for his Final Smash. But they didn't. Sakurai decided to include four of the most popular characters across the series as playable alts for one another. He actually seems to have come up with an inspired move set based upon MP that could really make the difference in making the character stand out. Sakurai also made sure The Hero's Final Smash included every single Dragon Quest main hero to date. And finally, he also made one of the most beautifully done trailers in Smash that we've seen so far (That CGI was the badass type everyone wanted from World of Light proper I think, which I have another theory on actually as to why certain decisions may have been made with regards to content in Smash if people are interested, but that's another conversation for another time).

He did all that to please any fan of Dragon Quest he could reach and to try to sale these characters to detractors as well. He gave another series the absolute royal treatment as he has for every third party newcomer in Ultimate, and this time he didn't need to even go half as far as he did. The Hero, Banjo Kazooie, and Joker all feel like gifts given to the fan base with astounding small details and attention paid to them. The Fighter's Pass feels like it's being treated as absolute premium content for the game and made to appeal to a wide variety of players and fans. If he's paying this much attention to a character like The Hero, and he's also paying enough attention to bring us Banjo Kazooie, then I don't think there isn't any way he isn't paying enough attention to try to bring us Geno before Ultimate sees the end of its DLC. Our three current DLC characters all feel like almost feel like Sakurai is going for a big bang finale on his Smash career, much in the same way that base Ultimate was a big bang of its own for the Smash series. If he's going this far with everything, I think there's a real chance he will try to make Geno happen. Maybe not in the Fighter's Pass itself (and maybe this is just part of the bargaining stage, but **** it), but as a standalone character outside of the Fighter's Pass to conclude the legacy of Smash. His final goodbye to the hardcore Smash fans is to return to us a character we said goodbye to 23 years ago. I know I'm not always the most positive on his chances, but there's just something magical about what Smash seems to have accomplished today that makes me feel such positive ideas seem more possible. I'd really love to be right on this, I really would.
I 100% agree with this. I think the best point I could use to showcase why is to link a moment from the stream I was watching when the Direct went live. Sakurai knows how to please fans.
(Mandatory swear warning. It's a Smash reaction, what did you expect?)

owjies

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I concur with much of what has been said. While I’m not confident that Geno will fill one of the last couple spots, the one thing this iteration of Smash has done over and over is find ways to surprise us. As awesome as this game has been, it still doesn’t quite feel like the ultimate Smash without Geno.

I also agree with what Fatmanonice said earlier. Sakurai had a lot of opportunities to make Geno an assist trophy last year. With all of Geno’s sustained support I’m surprised we haven’t at least received an AT and a couple songs all these years. That’s partially where my hope lies. We’ll see if there’s room for more after the fighter’s pass. Geno would be the perfect headliner if so.

I also feel like if this is it for Geno this time around, now’s the time to start pushing harder than ever. It’s clear that both K. Rool and Banjo fans made an overwhelming case for their characters. Even though we keep coming up just short, it also shows how very close we are to our goal.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I think we're in a very weird position with Square Enix right now as well. Part of our narrative seemed to be how difficult it was to work with Square Enix and the properties involved, but The Hero's showing today more or less blew a ton of our prior ideas out of the water, not to mention Square Enix has been heavily supporting the Switch these past couple of years like Fatman mentioned earlier. Maybe Square Enix is a much more reasonable company to work with than we thought and it really just is the Final Fantasy content in particular causing issues.

I mean, I know Dragon Quest is obviously a much bigger deal to Square Enix than Geno really ever can be, but if they're willing to give that much Dragon Quest content, would they really be so likely to shoot down little old Geno as playable in Smash as well?

Well, I didn't quite expect things to go this way, but good old speculation is back on the table ladies and gentleman.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Until we see a Mii costume he's Schrödinger's DLC

GrungeMan

Smash Apprentice
After what happened with Box theory I am content to simply go with predictions based on the Mii Costume theory.

I feel like Nintendo will be rather consistent with their bundling of new/former costumes with a fighter from that same company. In that case we are looking at a Capcom and Namco rep.

That Resident Evil skit felt somewhat ridiculous for what I believe is a remake and some ports? I love Resident Evil, so I am not complaining, but it felt... Extra. An odd spotlight to feature in my opinion. Not to mention RE is a major draw in my opinion. It's a really influential franchise.

My gut was 100% on Banjo-Kazooie and while not as strong a hunch, I am really feeling a RE rep as one of our DLC fighters.

Next is Namco. Which leaves me feeling underwhelmed with it's selection and I can't shake that feeling that Sakurai is too. HOWEVER, Tekken is arguably an S tier level game of history and influence for fighting games, so Heihachi (or any Tekken rep) would be my bet. Of course, Sakurai has to get over his hump of translating a 3D fighting character.

So far in the fighter pass we have the social simulation, JRPG, and platformer genres represented, so barring any (un)expected RPG bias from Sakurai's team, then we should be seeing more genre diversity for the pass as a whole.

RE covers survival horror, Tekken covers 3D fighting and reoccuring speculation picks from this cycle, Doomguy and Ryu, cover FPS and Hack&Slash respectively.

Although, to be blunt, what do Doomguy and Ryu really have going for them outside increased hype from just this cycle alone (due to appearences on early DLC leaks)?

Don't get me wrong, they're fantastic characters that I want, but are they serious contenders and if so, then on what possible evidence outside of sketch leaks? We could consider Crash and Dragonborn as just as likely, but they just haven't appeared in any leaks.

With all that said, I'm no longer sold on other RPG picks like Lloyd, Sora, and Monster Hunter. We got literally 6 or so JRPG protagonists in one character. That's enough this cycle. Let other genres shine.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Although, to be blunt, what do Doomguy and Ryu really have going for them outside increased hype from just this cycle alone (due to appearences on early DLC leaks)?

Don't get me wrong, they're fantastic characters that I want, but are they serious contenders and if so, then on what possible evidence outside of sketch leaks? We could consider Crash and Dragonborn as just as likely, but they just haven't appeared in any leaks.
Well, I can answer Doomguy. He would be the father of FPS, a genre that has very little representation in Smash. He has a varied moveset of different guns and tool, as well as some neat potential gimmicks. He is very popular, pretty much memetic bad*** personified, so that assisted in his popularity. Two of the fan rules that got in his way have been eradicated, that being no guns and no western characters, and he has a great history with Nintendo, including being one of the earlier ports to come to the system.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
Honestly, even if he gets a Mii costume, I’ll still legitimately keep hope alive if they keep announcing DLC. With a total of 16 extra slots datamined, and only 6 being covered so far, I have hope that we have at least one more Pass and probably a couple individuals/echoes in the works, if not a full third one as well.

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Buddy, sorry for spoil you but Cloud, from FF (from SE) and 4 Heroes, from DQ (from SE) are in the game now. Is it really a fact that they're as stingy as you think?
Sakurai mentioned that Cloud almost didn't make the cut to be in Smash Bros Ultimate, still only got 2 songs from Final Fantasy. Getting all that stuff for Dragon Quest must have been a nightmare considering they're owned by three different companies, and seeing super strict Dragon Quest music is we're probable going to get 4 music track at most. After all of that Geno isn't going to be handed over to become a Fighter. Instead they're going to sell the Mii Costume again because Sakurai believes that everyone feels like they're playing the actual character that way despite that fact that barely any feels that way.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
I've said this before but I don't think Geno's Spirit is, like, the final nail in the coffin. Mewtwo and Lucas got trophies in Smash For (Mewtwo was even announced prior to release) so I don't think a jpeg will stop Geno if Sakurai wants to put him in. Worst case scenario the Spirit and battle were all Sakurai could do because he never could put Geno into Ultimate.

I'm not giving up until we see the Mii costume.
That the key thing, if Sakurai wants him. But after all if this I firmly believe that Sakurai doesn't want Geno at all. I know people are going to bring up quotes saying he does and he likes Geno, but name me a time where Sakurai say he doesn't like a character. He has to be shown as none bias, so he's never going to say something like "I'm never putting in a Kirby character from a game I never directed." So words are pointless, his actions are what matter. Sakurai gave out that Mii Costume for Smash 4 as a way to acknowledge the Geno fans, but in Ultimate he got the rights to use Geno and instead of making him a Fighter he turn him into a Spirit instead. Didn't even consider it, Piranha Plant was decided over Geno. So if he had the rights the only person stopping him would've been Sakurai himself. Now with The Hero in the game shows that Sakurai doesn't want Geno in the game. In his mind Sakurai can call this game Super Smash Bros Ultimate without Geno's inclusion. This might sound negative, but Sakurai had opportunity to make Geno playable in the base game but chose not to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom