• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Yeah, I really don't want to be pessimistic or anything, but if Nintendo doesn't so much as give us a mild fart over the SMRPG anniversary then I'm going to be a tad bit worried. I mean, it's not like they go out of their way for everything else, but it might say quite a bit if they don't even recognize it.
They often don't acknowledge even their biggest games' anniversaries (Super Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, Pokemon Red/Blue, etc). I honestly wouldn't worry at all.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yeah, I really don't want to be pessimistic or anything, but if Nintendo doesn't so much as give us a mild fart over the SMRPG anniversary then I'm going to be a tad bit worried. I mean, it's not like they go out of their way for everything else, but it might say quite a bit if they don't even recognize it.
They did it last year, I dunno if they'd do it two years in a row.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
when it's your 23rd birthday and neither of your parents give you so much as a birthday tweet

bruh.png

Firox

Smash Master
So I found this article about how the makers of Detective Pikachu would approach ever making a smash bros movie.

https://screenrant.com/detective-pikachu-super-smash-bros-movie/

Gotta say, the thought of a video game cinematic universe would be awesome, but I guess the first major hurtle to jump would be to have some consistently good stand alone movies to begin with. I suppose Det. Pikachu would qualify as one of the more successful video game movies thus far, but trying to make a legit Legend of Zelda movie would be sooooo freaking hard. Just the question of having a Link that talks could make or break the movie. Some of us might remember how things turned out the last time he tried doing that....

"Well, excuuuuuuuse ME, Princess!"

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Okay so we are still live, had to post this real quick.

This man's video of amazing advice helping me defeat Boshi for the first time EVER playing this game.

I popped off hard, you'll have to check the VOD later for that one!

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
Happy 23rd Anniversary, everyone!

And I guess you could say happy birthday to Mallow and Geno as well! Look how far we've come... I hope to see a remake or sequel of SMRPG in the future.

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Still going strong if anyone wants to stop by! Don't feel pressured, but would be glad to have ya!

link2702

Smash Champion
I checked your stream for a sec but all it did was make me want to go back and play my copy.

My original SNES copy on my original SNES.

Soooo.....time to start a new file up.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
So I decided to end the livestream seeing as there isn't too much more to SMRPG in terms of the main game and my sister streams on Tiktok about this tiem and she actually makes money so I'm going to give her all the MBPS she can get.

Thanks to much to @Zack E. and @ShotoStar and everyone else who showed up. I had a blast playing through the game and I can't wait to hop back in it later this week. I'm thinking Wednesday is the most likely, but I'm not quite sure yet.

If anyone has more art work they would love to have shown off on my livestream. hit me up with the art and your preferred handle and your artwork will indeed be shown off.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
So I decided to end the livestream seeing as there isn't too much more to SMRPG in terms of the main game and my sister streams on Tiktok about this tiem and she actually makes money so I'm going to give her all the MBPS she can get.

Thanks to much to @Zack E. and @ShotoStar and everyone else who showed up. I had a blast playing through the game and I can't wait to hop back in it later this week. I'm thinking Wednesday is the most likely, but I'm not quite sure yet.

If anyone has more art work they would love to have shown off on my livestream. hit me up with the art and your preferred handle and your artwork will indeed be shown off.
OH CRAP I KNEW I FORGOT SOMETHING. HECK. I'm so sorry I didn't make it to the stream!! It sounds like you guys had a lot of fun, though!!

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
OH CRAP I KNEW I FORGOT SOMETHING. HECK. I'm so sorry I didn't make it to the stream!! It sounds like you guys had a lot of fun, though!!
It's cool, I showed off mostly your art in my stream. Got some people who came and followed me, I beat Boshi in his stupid fixed race for the first time and ran out of my trailer in hype! Lots of funny moments like deciding on Geno's voice and Booster's voice as well as 'Welcome to Awkward Moments With Bowser'.

Maybe you can catch the next one I do later this week. I still have to beat the game, and I stopped after whooping the tar out of Yaridovich and stocking up so there is still more to do. I'm just surprised I kept going this long from 9:45 this morning! I guess it's when you are playing a good game.

D

Deleted member

I had an awesome time lol, thanks for the stream!

D

Deleted member

Yeah I had a great time too! I had to go cause of Dinner and then a new episode of my favorite show was coming on so I wanted to see that. I'll probably catch your Stream Wednesday or whenever you do it again. Thanks for doing the Stream! I really had a good time.

Shado-will

Smash Journeyman
What does everyone think about the Boshi race in SMRPG?
I could never beat the race, so I eventually looked up how to do it. I followed the instructions, and... I just got worse actually. I just resorted to mashing the buttons and eating cookies last second and I somehow won eventually. And then I forgot about the whole place.

I can still hear the screams.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Mario Maker 2 Direct coming tomorrow! What are your hopes and dreams, y'all?

Obviously, I'd love Geno and Mallow costumes, but that's not going to happen unless Square's on board for paid DLC... which they 99% won't be.

D

Deleted member

Not yet confirmed, no, but this is presuming that they make a return from the last game. I really don't see why they wouldn't. They were very successful last time.
Oooh, alright then. Let's see:
Geno
Mallow
Boshi
Frogfucious
Jinx
Jonathan Jones
Smithy
Culex
Axem Rangers
Yaridovich
Mack
Bowyer
Punchinello
Croco
Ninten
Ana
Loid
Teddy
EVE
Ness
Paula
Jeff
Poo
Dungeon Man
Lucas
Kumatora
Duster
Boney
Flint
Hinawa
Claus
Negative Man

Alright I'm all set :troll:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Oooh, alright then. Let's see:
Geno
Mallow
Boshi
Frogfucious
Jinx
Jonathan Jones
Smithy
Culex
Axem Rangers
Yaridovich
Mack
Bowyer
Punchinello
Croco
Ninten
Ana
Loid
Teddy
EVE
Ness
Paula
Jeff
Poo
Dungeon Man
Lucas
Kumatora
Duster
Boney
Flint
Hinawa
Claus

Alright I'm all set :troll:
No Negative Man?

I am very disappointed in you. :sadsheep:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
So with the inclusion of a MM2 Direct Tomorrow, I will actually stream tomorrow.

I haven;t set a time for myself yet, but it will likely be 10 AM like last time. Maybe later.

I will be continuing SMRPG and then live reacting to the MM2 Direct. I tend to enjoy everything Direct's have to offer and get excited about things that I personally don't play on playing just because stuff is cool, so make sure to tune in for that. I'm dying for MM2!

Ovaltine

Smash Master
So with the inclusion of a MM2 Direct Tomorrow, I will actually stream tomorrow.

I haven;t set a time for myself yet, but it will likely be 10 AM like last time. Maybe later.

I will be continuing SMRPG and then live reacting to the MM2 Direct. I tend to enjoy everything Direct's have to offer and get excited about things that I personally don't play on playing just because stuff is cool, so make sure to tune in for that. I'm dying for MM2!
I'll definitely be able to pop in at some point tomorrow! It won't be that early in the morning, granted, but probably a couple of hours before the Direct. Maybe I'll draw stuff for the stream and deposit that stuff to you live!

Potatu

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone, happy 23rd anniversary! It's been awhile, so how are y'all doing?

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Hey everyone, happy 23rd anniversary! It's been awhile, so how are y'all doing?
Heya, resident animatronic potato! It's been a tiny bit rough here and there, but we're staying optimistic and making the best of what we're getting. Yesterday was a day full of fuzzy feelings for me over SMRPG. It was getting so much love, and that did my heart so much good. I also have a lot of hope for a re-release, if not a remake, for the Switch. Wii and Wii U both saw re-releases of SMRPG + the SNES Classic (which is now out of production), plus Square has shown vocal interest in bringing their past titles to the Switch, so I'm thinking that isn't a matter of if, but when. Probably won't be a remake, but hey, hopefully we'll get that sweet, sweet SMRPG on the go! The Switch has a larger pool to draw from than the Wii U and SNES Classic, too, so it'll probably introduce SMRPG to more people than ever before. It's exciting to think about.

Potatu

Smash Apprentice
Heya, resident animatronic potato! It's been a tiny bit rough here and there, but we're staying optimistic and making the best of what we're getting. Yesterday was a day full of fuzzy feelings for me over SMRPG. It was getting so much love, and that did my heart so much good. I also have a lot of hope for a re-release, if not a remake, for the Switch. Wii and Wii U both saw re-releases of SMRPG + the SNES Classic (which is now out of production), plus Square has shown vocal interest in bringing their past titles to the Switch, so I'm thinking that isn't a matter of if, but when. Probably won't be a remake, but hey, hopefully we'll get that sweet, sweet SMRPG on the go! The Switch has a larger pool to draw from than the Wii U and SNES Classic, too, so it'll probably introduce SMRPG to more people than ever before. It's exciting to think about.
Glad to hear that SMRPG is now on everyone's mind. And yeah, i would love to see SMRPG get re-released on the Switch (maybe if we finally get SNES games on the Online service).

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Glad to hear that SMRPG is now on everyone's mind. And yeah, i would love to see SMRPG get re-released on the Switch (maybe if we finally get SNES games on the Online service).
I'd actually be willing to bet on an eShop release for it. Square's gonna want their cut, after all. Whatever makes them the most money, the better for them.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Super Mario Maker 2 is a game I'm hyped for so I definitely will watch the direct.

I hope they maybe have some other new Mario themes beyond just Super Mario 3D world (Super Mario All Stars style plz?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom