• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
On a sidenote, the VGAs will be live at mid-night for me and i have 2 final tests tomorrow, so i won't be tuning in. I'm not expecting a DLC fighter and if there is one, i doubt it's the SE rep. Anyways, have a good day/evening/night!
Good luck on your tests, hope they go well!

———

Honestly, there’s no reason for Nintendo to reveal DLC until shortly before it is downloadable. I actually can’t imagine them revealing anything at the VGA about who the DLC characters literally are, or even anything until close to release. People are more likely to buy it close to release, and a hype announcement pushes sales.

By the way, I hate talking and reading about sales and business stuff in this thread because I’m not a strategic business or marketing person, and probably neither is anyone else here. But I’m comfortable making this claim because timing of release of information and content is a legit area of business research and decisions are very deliberate.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Good luck on your tests, hope they go well!

———

Honestly, there’s no reason for Nintendo to reveal DLC until shortly before it is downloadable. I actually can’t imagine them revealing anything at the VGA about who the DLC characters literally are, or even anything until close to release. People are more likely to buy it close to release, and a hype announcement pushes sales.

By the way, I hate talking and reading about sales and business stuff in this thread because I’m not a strategic business or marketing person, and probably neither is anyone else here. But I’m comfortable making this claim because timing of release of information and content is a legit area of business research and decisions are very deliberate.
They need to push the pass though.

bardbowman

Smash Apprentice
I honestly don’t believe we’ll get any DLC announcements tonight. There’s way too much time between now and 2020 to start rolling out names, especially with the base game already generating tons of hype.

The main argument I see in revealing one this early would be to move Fighter’s Pass preorders. A lot more people would be more persuaded to jump on that if they knew one of the included fighters, versus not knowing any of them at all. It’d be Sakurai/Nintendo’s way of saying “See? The pass is gonna be worth it.”

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I honestly don’t believe we’ll get any DLC announcements tonight. There’s way too much time between now and 2020 to start rolling out names, especially with the base game already generating tons of hype.

The main argument I see in revealing one this early would be to move Fighter’s Pass preorders. A lot more people would be more persuaded to jump on that if they knew one of the included fighters, versus not knowing any of them at all. It’d be Sakurai/Nintendo’s way of saying “See? The pass is gonna be worth it.”
Wait this is a bit confusing. You say you don't think it's gonna happen; but you also brought up the main argument for it happening without a counter argument? I'm confused, lol.

bardbowman

Smash Apprentice
Wait this is a bit confusing. You say you don't think it's gonna happen; but you also brought up the main argument for it happening without a counter argument? I'm confused, lol.
Oh, sorry...I should’ve switched the order of those paragraphs. I just meant that, while I can see an argument for Nintendo revealing a character tonight, I don’t think they actually will.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Based on Fant & Polar ... I am not expecting a Smash reveal but other game reveals. So I am doing my best to simply expect that.

Then again ... the timing. Oye.

The Anigriffin

Smash Lord
Well, I most likely will be driving to my parent's house while the VGA's are going on. So I'm most likely gonna miss the whole thing anyway.

Oh but I'm sure my Discord buds are gonna let me know if something happens.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Central Standard Time?
Yep, that is, in fact, a time zone! It's located between the East Coast and Pacific Time Zones, so it'll be airing there too. :)

where did you see this? first party switch games digitally release at 12 am est, i dont think theyd make a 3 and a half hour exception for smash
Yo: https://thegameawards.com/how-to-watch/

Also, poor Australia only gets it half an hour before they start. They'll have to make such difficult decisions.

Edit: Oh damn, so I totally misread the original message as the Game Awards, not the game release time. Apologies for confusion folks. All that is for the Game Awards. Game releases at midnight in each local time zone.
Sorry TerminalMontage TerminalMontage OptimisticStrifer OptimisticStrifer and paper roxy paper roxy

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Yep, that is, in fact, a time zone! It's located between the East Coast and Pacific Time Zones, so it'll be airing there too. :)

Also, poor Australia only gets it half an hour before they start. They'll have to make such difficult decisions.

Edit: Oh damn, so I totally misread the original message as the Game Awards, not the game release time. Apologies for confusion folks. All that is for the Game Awards. Game releases at midnight in each local time zone.
Sorry TerminalMontage TerminalMontage OptimisticStrifer OptimisticStrifer and paper roxy paper roxy
But can’t people just change the time zone/location on their switch and get it earlier? I/other people did that with Injustice 2 DLC.

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
They need to push the pass though.
Getting the pass and game together is a bundle deal on the online store, you can’t buy the pass individually. Once the first character’s identity is released, it only discourages pass-buying. Regardless of the character, a large section of players will be dissatisfied. The cost of the pass and getting all the characters individually are the same.

Gum-Gum Smash

Smash Apprentice
Getting the pass and game together is a bundle deal on the online store, you can’t buy the pass individually. Once the first character’s identity is released, it only discourages pass-buying. Regardless of the character, a large section of players will be dissatisfied. The cost of the pass and getting all the characters individually are the same.
That isn't true. They are most definitely making the pass available individually (unless I missed something) and it is not the same. You save 5 bucks buying the pass, plus get the Rex Mii costume

Edit: I just double checked for you to be safe. The pass comes out individually the same day as the game

Pass is $25.00, with Mii Costume. Individually buying the characters is $30.00 ($5.99 x 5)

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm hoping the DQ rumors aren't true but I have a feeling they could be.

In that case I probably won't buy a switch right away and go for my original plan of waiting for a cool special edition switch to come out

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline

In that case I probably won't buy a switch right away and go for my original plan of waiting for a cool special edition switch to come out
anything could be true, we just have to hope that nintendo makes the right decision.

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
Imstill rooting for Geno with everything I've got, but the longer it takes to get an official announcement on the Square Rep the more nervous I get that it's not gonna be him.

ShroomEL

Smash Apprentice
It's almost here. Time has passed so quickly. Tomorrow is the day. Super Smash brothers ultimate releases, along with all it's glory. While we may not have Geno right now, let's enjoy all the other characters and hard work sakurai has put into this game. I'm Gonna wake up super early to get to the stores before they open, hope to see you all tomorrow! (Rip those unable to get the game)

Last edited:

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
That isn't true. They are most definitely making the pass available individually (unless I missed something) and it is not the same. You save 5 bucks buying the pass, plus get the Rex Mii costume

Edit: I just double checked for you to be safe. The pass comes out individually the same day as the game

Pass is $25.00, with Mii Costume. Individually buying the characters is $30.00 ($5.99 x 5)
Ah, gotcha. My bad on being completely wrong about the fighter pass hahaha.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord

Other than people hearing that DQ coming up a lot as part of the list of 7 the only big rumor specifically about DQ I’ve seen is coming from LeakyPanda regarding DQ being announced DLC but the judges not wanting DQ to win at the VGAs out of protest. I’d take that rumor more seriously if it weren’t for the fact that it’s coming from LeakyPanda because they’ve been consistently wrong as far as leaks go.

Last edited:

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
The Tails talk last page only makes me more disappointed and confused as to why Sonic is still alone with no one else to represent his series. Hmph.

I'm not putting any stock into LeakyPandy's claims about a DQ character tonight because for all their fancy talk, their track record is about as impressive as soggy cereal.

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
The Tails talk last page only makes me more disappointed and confused as to why Sonic is still alone with no one else to represent his series. Hmph.
It's been over a month and I still can't believe shadow is just an AT and not an Echo.

Last edited:

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
It's been over a month and I still can't believe shadow is just an AT and not an Echo.
I've been stewing over it all month as well, first time Sakurai has ever made me question his logic in not picking a character. Just holding out SEGA hears the outcry and comes knocking on his door telling him to fix that mistake.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Hey, does anyone have a link to that one article that stated Square's remake plan for the Switch?

domriver

Smash Lord
Well my Geno people - ill see you all after the Video Game Awards - hopefully DLC Geno is revealed. :) Ill pop in and out of here to check if PolarPanda PolarPanda or Fatmanonice Fatmanonice having any other information to say! Game releases in 7 hrs and 30 minutes for us californians! exciting times!

FCZHornet

Smash Apprentice
Am I correct that the game launches at midnight eastern time for those of us in the states?

paper roxy

Smash Ace

it isnt local midnight time in each time zone, its midnight est

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
So What if He's a Spirit in the game; What difference does THAT make?!!

Male Wii fit trainer & King K Rool are spirits in the game; and they're also playable characters; If those 2 can be spirits AND Fighters, Why can't Geno?!

Corbin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nibrocofthepuddn
20 minutes left at work, and then I'm off for 4 days! Going to grab supplies on the way home, and then get set up for tonight!

I'LL SEE YOU ALL ON THE OTHER SIDE!

Gum-Gum Smash

Smash Apprentice
At first this was one of the reasons I thought if there really was a Square rep, it would be Crono instead of Dragon Quest. I mean if Geno wasn't in and they went that route. I thought they might remake Chrono Trigger or something, like a sequel, which would tie into Smash. Especially since Dragon Quest is a gamble. The same could be applied to Geno and Super Mario RPG though, so it works both ways if what they said means anything

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

At first this was one of the reasons I thought if there really was a Square rep, it would be Crono at first instead of Dragon Quest. I mean if Geno wasn't in and they went that route. I thought they might remake Chrono Trigger or something, like a sequel, which would tie into Smash. Especially since Dragon Quest is a gamble. The same could be applied to Geno and Super Mario RPG though, so it works both ways if what they said means anything
Exactly, They are talking about multiple games, so they could bring back Super Mario RPG AND Chrono Trigger, and maybe even add both of them to Smash. I see Geno first, since Super Mario RPG was on the SNES Classic while Chrono Trigger wasn't, but maybe Geno was just planned first, and then Crono comes later in the pass. This would be really awesome

paper roxy

Smash Ace
At first this was one of the reasons I thought if there really was a Square rep, it would be Crono instead of Dragon Quest. I mean if Geno wasn't in and they went that route. I thought they might remake Chrono Trigger or something, like a sequel, which would tie into Smash. Especially since Dragon Quest is a gamble. The same could be applied to Geno and Super Mario RPG though, so it works both ways if what they said means anything
i mean, chrono trigger already has a remake. not much of a reason to remake it twice lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom