• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Jesus, this thread's really gone to ****. Nobody bothered offering the new guy a Geno hat? REALLY?

MarioTime MarioTime Welcome to the Geno Thread man, have a Geno hat!
Hat time.png

T2by4

Smash Lord
I want to say that there's some tidbit out there where Geno was jokingly referred to as Pinocchio by the development team so much that Westerners unironically started to believe Pinocchio was a playable character in SMRPG and there's several magazines that flat out call him that prerelease. I want to say Nintendo Power was one of them.
Geno will get his revenge by getting in smash ultimate and becoming the new sm4sh Bayonetta/Brawl Meta Knight

That's what you get for calling him Pinocchio.

D

Deleted member

Also 99% of the characters I want are Mario characters lol
There's nothing wrong with that, since unlike a certain turn based strategy franchise that has historically done "meh" sales wise, Mario is a financial powerhouse with a diverse and interesting cast of characters.

My favorite is the wooden doll man possessed by an angel named uh... Pinocchio

Last edited by a moderator:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, how are some tweets from Nintendo's Twitter and Nintendo of Europe's Twitter hints for a Direct, anyway?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
User was warned for this post
Huh. The viewing guests amount here spiked.

That must mean.........SOMETHING. Like the Direct happening before Dec 2022.
I noticed that too. There's literally nothing going on so I'm not sure what people are expecting. People are now predicting the second week of March for a Direct so we're left playing pocket pool for probably another two weeks unless Nintendo is merciful and Of Mice and Men's us by then.

MattX20

Smash Hero
So, how are some tweets from Nintendo's Twitter and Nintendo of Europe's Twitter hints for a Direct, anyway?
The timing of these tweets is what makes them so strange. All 4 that have been tweeted had been announced/released several months back, and Byleth was just released no more than a month ago, so people are suspecting a possible reveal for Fighter 6 in the near future

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
The timing of these tweets is what makes them so strange. All 4 that have been tweeted had been announced/released several months back, and Byleth was just released no more than a month ago, so people are suspecting a possible reveal for Fighter 6 in the near future
Four? I know two, what are the other two?

T2by4

Smash Lord
I see the ninteninja's have joined the thread for any leaks before the direct announcement. Hello there.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I noticed that too. There's literally nothing going on so I'm not sure what people are expecting. People are now predicting the second week of March for a Direct so we're left playing pocket pool for probably another two weeks unless Nintendo is merciful and Of Mice and Men's us by then.
Clearly, there not being a hint is the actual hint all along!

Nintendo might as well put the leakers on the payroll and let them release all their info at this point. Cheaper than the ad department. Less HR too!

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
I can't get the thought outta my head that there's a timeline not very far from our own where Mallow becomes the big SMRPG request for Smash and Geno remains relatively obscure.
To think, we'd be saying "CacoGeno real" instead
shudders

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It's 5:00 PM Eastern time, and it looks like there is no Direct announcement there, either.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Tomorrow is the absolute last chance for a general direct announcement. If not, March is our most likely release window

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
There's nothing wrong with that, since unlike a certain turn based strategy franchise that has historically done "meh" sales wise, Mario is a financial powerhouse with a diverse and interesting cast of characters.

My favorite is the wooden doll man possessed by an angel named uh... Pinocchio
You can support what you like without trying to talk down other franchises, you know.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Hmmm, I wonder what this could mean? If it even means anything?
It's a little weird:

https://mobile.twitter.com/NintendoEurope?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Basically they tweeted Joker on the 18th, did Animal Crossing stuff for 4 days and then returned to Smash with Hero on the 22nd. Banjo was the 23rd and Terry was today. People are looking at this as a "countdown" of sorts but there's a lot of questions like... Why would Nintendo of Europe be doing it? I dunno. I think we're all stir crazy at this point.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It's a little weird:

https://mobile.twitter.com/NintendoEurope?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Basically they tweeted Joker on the 18th, did Animal Crossing stuff for 4 days and then returned to Smash with Hero on the 22nd. Banjo was the 23rd and Terry was today. People are looking at this as a "countdown" of sorts but there's a lot of questions like... Why would Nintendo of Europe be doing it? I dunno. I think we're all stir crazy at this point.
This once proud forum has become a crazy asylum. LOL

But seriously, even I don't see how all this points to a Direct. We aren't being desperate here, are we?

MattX20

Smash Hero
It's a little weird:

It's especially odd because I'm pretty sure all of them were advertised before on Nintendo of Europe's twitter, so it's just weird to see them all advertised like this again when they've all been public knowledge/released for several months now

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It's especially odd because I'm pretty sure all of them were advertised before on Nintendo of Europe's twitter, so it's just weird to see them all advertised like this again when they've all been public knowledge/released for several months now
Well, maybe we could get a Smash based presentation for the next character, soon, with the actual character coming later. I doubt it, though.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Who knows? The comments are overwhelmingly people whining about the lack of a direct too so it's like "what's the point?"

MattX20

Smash Hero
To try to veer away from insanity for a little bit, one point I don't think that we've discussed is this: Geno's new spirit. You think it would be just his Smash render, his original sprite, or brand new art from the official Mario series artists?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
To try to veer away from insanity for a little bit, one point I don't think that we've discussed is this: Geno's new spirit. You think it would be just his Smash render, his original sprite, or brand new art from the official Mario series artists?
I'd go with the latter, personally. I would like to see how those artists do with Geno.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
What if Byleth is posted tomorrow, alongside a Direct Announcement for Thursday, so then we can see DLC 6? Total long shot I know, but why bother posting about the DLC we've all known for awhile? Even if you don't follow NoA/NoE's Twitters, there's no way you didn't see the hundreds of gaming articles on the DLC, missed the in-game shop, or even seen someone else playing the character while playing online. You'd have to be living under a rock to be interested in Smash and not know the DLC exists.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nintendo's got a buisness to run so they'll continue chugging along as usual.

I do hope we get something but it's the same old song and dance I've said already.

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
It's a little weird:

And don't forget about Waluigi on the 14th...
Probably for valentines, nothing sus... I think...

D

Deleted member

It's a little weird:

Any update on MandyCan? On one of Papagenos videos, someone supposedly have evidence that he did the twitter trick. Any thoughts about that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom