• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

T2by4

Smash Lord
ERgZHdeXkAA1K3J.jpeg

One more hour until we get absolutely no news on when the next Nintendo Direct is.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Who I hope gets in? Hmm...

Master Chief, Geno, Crash, Crono, Sora, and Shadow. Definitely not gonna happen, but these are my most wanted. Chief and Geno are way above the others, Crash and Chief I want for gaming mascots to get in, Crono is from my favorite JRPG(and one of my favorite) game, Sora because of his popularity, and Shadow cause I am a big Sonic fan. I'd take Tails and Eggman there, but I think Shadow would be easier to implement.
Speaking of Crono, I would like for y'all to clear me up a question: Does Sony own the music rights to Chrono Trigger? A close friend of mine said that they do.

MattX20

Smash Hero
We all know that Beware the Forest's Mushrooms is guaranteed to be with Geno if he gets in, but if they do a new version for Ultimate, how do you think they would approach it: orchestral, rock, or retro-inspired?

Polarthief

Smash Lord
One more hour until we get absolutely no news on when the next Nintendo Direct is.
Just a reminder that the AC Direct Announcement was posted at 5PM (EST).

We all know that Beware the Forest's Mushrooms is guaranteed to be with Geno if he gets in, but if they do a new version for Ultimate, how do you think they would approach it: orchestral, rock, or retro-inspired?
Just make 30 remixes, all extremely different and have that be the song list for Geno. Also be sure to add an Electro Swing one plzkthx.

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
As for what I want or hope for, they're not exactly the same thing, and most of the stuff I hope for is mostly 1st party since I feel like there are some gaps missing such as Impa, Porky, BWD, Dixie Kong, and Waluigi, all of which are Nintendo IPs and I feel should be in, but that leaves a lot less room for 3rd party.
Y'know, thinking about this again, I kinda wish they would do an FP3 but it's *only* first party characters that people have been requesting, leaving FP2 to be all about 3rd party stuff.

FP3 would be: Waluigi, Impa, Porky, BWD, Dixie Kong, and maybe Birdo? Or Isaac if Nintendo owns Camelot (the developer).
FP2 could then be completely unhindered by 1st party requests and could be: Geno, Crash, Dante, Lloyd, DG or MC (it's ~33-66 to me on this one), and then... TBH I'm not sure. I feel like we'll have an out-of-left-field surprise fighter somewhere in the pack, or this could be Isaac if he's not considered "1st party" (sorry I don't know ahead of time).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So besides Geno who do you guys hope the other 5 DLC characters are? I'm expecting Geno, Crash, Dante, Lloyd Irving, and Shantae and I'm hoping for Shantae, Geno, Dixie Kong, Nightmare, Porky Minch, and Phoenix Wright.
I just want Geno, man.

If we get a promotional Nintendo pick in this Pass which I'm sure we will, it better be a freaking Zelda newcomer or Sylux to promote MP4.
In my humble opinion, if they take the opportunity to shill some character from BotW2 instead of an established fan favorite Zelda pick, it's just as bad as getting a Fire Emblem shill. Skull Kid (with Majora's Mask) has been a popular request for a long time and while not being a grinch leak character, was definitely one of the ones that fans got baited hard on. We have the cutest Zelda ever created and don't really need a second one, so I'm not a fan of BotW Zelda being the pick because we'll just be in the same boat as having 3 Links.

Sylux has at least been on the fan radar.

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So besides Geno who do you guys hope the other 5 DLC characters are? I'm expecting Geno, Crash, Dante, Lloyd Irving, and Shantae and I'm hoping for Shantae, Geno, Dixie Kong, Nightmare, Porky Minch, and Phoenix Wright.
Layton, Sora, Ameturasu, Chibturasu, Pheonix Wright, Yuri Lowell, Itsuki Aoi, Don-chan,( yes the Taiko drum thats alive, yes I know how stupid that is), Wonder Red, 2B( after thinking about her more, I think she would be really cool), Dante. That who I can think of right now and I guess Geno just for your fandom

Polarthief

Smash Lord
In my humble opinion, if they take the opportunity to shill some character from BotW2 instead of an established fan favorite Zelda pick, it's just as bad as getting a Fire Emblem shill. Skull Kid (with Majora's Mask) has been a popular request for a long time and while not being a grinch leak character, was definitely one of the ones that fans got baited hard on. We have the cutest Zelda ever created and don't really need a second one, so I'm not a fan of BotW Zelda being the pick because we'll just be in the same boat as having 3 Links.
Except that'd be like if they pulled Isabelle in over Tom Noo--- ahh crap.
As much as I love MM (probs in my top 5 favorite Zeldas), I personally would want Impa in over him.

Last edited:

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Who I want the other 5 to be: Rayman, Crash, Frisk, Porky, and Master Chief (would also be cool with Nightmare/Yoshimitsu or Isaac)
Who I think they'll be based on current information: Dante is the only one I feel is very likely and I have a hard time believing other names that are circulating.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Aside from Geno, my most wanted would be Dante, Doomguy, Elma from Xenoblade Chronicles X, Rayman, and Travis Touchdown from No More Heroes.

There'd be plenty of other characters that I'd like to see or would be okay with (I have a tough time when it comes to thinking of characters with realistic chances that I wouldn't want), but those have pretty consistently been my top six, in no particular order.

I don't know who to expect, though - I have a pretty bad track record in that regard. (I thought we'd get Terry eventually, but certainly not as soon as we did, and both Cloud and Banjo seemed like they'd be extremely unlikely, from my perspective, for one reason or another)

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I somewhat agree in where I whether have Skull Kid than any of the Champions. Sorry Urbosa my love. :love:

I know some people might be against it, but Pig Mage Ganon with the trident from the 2D games is what I would consider to be the best possible Zelda newcomer. I know you might say it would be another Ganondorf and it would be except it would a version of Ganon with a original moveset. The Ganondorf we have in Smash doesn't really represent his character that well in his moveset being a Captain Falcon semi-clone borrowing Smash attacks from both Cloud and Ike.

Last edited:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
I will be totally and completely satisfied once my character of choice gets in. After a decade and a half of support I can’t bring myself to care about any other character getting in. I really want Isaac but he got BTFO as usual so Matthew if possible. That’s it, I’m not greedy.

AmphabulouSnake

Smash Journeyman
I guess we're not getting a direct this week either
Which means the record of the longest wait cycle for a direct has probably been beaten now :p

Firox

Smash Master
So besides Geno, my top five wishlist would be:

-Master Chief
-Travis Touchdown
-Felix or Mathew from Golden Sun (only because I think Isaac's AT status killed him)
-Dante
-Sora

Note that these are the characters that I would want that I also deem plausible. Honorable mentions to Shadow, Knuckles, Tails, Scizor, Sceptile, Sephiroth, Tifa, Pyra/Mythra, KOS-MOS and Shantae, all of which would make me squeal with joy but I highly doubt would ever happen.

OffBi

Smash Ace
The pokemon direct was announced at 5 am est
I think that we can wait a little more

Last edited:
Hey, don't have much to say, just want to give y'all your daily reminder that Geno of the Stars is a good boy and would love very much to be playable in Super Smash Brothers Ultimateo for the Nintendo Switch, circa 2018.

Tis all.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
At the very least the Best Buy leak implies 6 to be revealed by mid March and people are now saying "uuuuuuuhhhhhh, before the 17th?" so I think we're near the end of the overall wait.
I was just joking. You saw the Pac-Man icon right? Though I don't want to wait unti E3 though lmao!

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Along with Geno, I am hoping for Rayman, TF2 Heavy, Wonder-Red, Lloyd Irving for being a fellow legacy pick and Sirfetch'd if we get a Gen 8 Pokemon.

(A Pokemon Trainer with Johto starters would actually be way more hype but Sirfetch'd is more realistic)

I don't think most if my list will make it but I want to believe actually two of these guys have a pretty realistic chance of being considered.

Crankshadow

Smash Cadet
I just hope with all of the waiting for this direct, I hope it is off the wall bonkers. I have actually been making some headway through my backlog, but It would be super nice to know what Nintendo has up its sleeve. It would be nice from a practical sense to budget our my gaming funds for the year. (adulting right?). It would also be grand to know when I will be able to get Geno into Elite Smash.

Kewl0210

Smash Apprentice
At the very least the Best Buy leak implies 6 to be revealed by mid March and people are now saying "uuuuuuuhhhhhh, before the 17th?" so I think we're near the end of the overall wait.
Which leak is this? I haven't heard about this one.

D

Deleted member

Which leak is this? I haven't heard about this one.
It's actually not a leak, if you can believe that. Best Buy simply updated their listings for Piranha Plant, Isabelle, and K. Rool's amiibos to show them in stock in April. We're simply theorizing that a re-release means they're coming with a new Amiibo, which means that there's some potential for a new DLC character to drop in or around April since characters have dropped with Amiibos 100% of the time.

Kewl0210

Smash Apprentice
It's actually not a leak, if you can believe that. Best Buy simply updated their listings for Piranha Plant, Isabelle, and K. Rool's amiibos to show them in stock in April. We're simply theorizing that a re-release means they're coming with a new Amiibo, which means that there's some potential for a new DLC character to drop in or around April since characters have dropped with Amiibos 100% of the time.
Ah ok. Hm. Yeah could be? They'd have to do a minor update at the very least.

Edit: Oh wait no these are old amiibos so they don't need to do an update. But yeah that could be around where the next character is.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Lets wait until the Afternoon (depends on your time zone.) It doesn't really need to appear in the morning

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
The only character I really want right now is Geno and would be disappointed if he doesn’t get in. Other than him Crash and Doomguy would be cool but if neither gets in I won’t be torn up about it.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Geno aside, I'd love for Isaac to get upgraded from AT to playable character.
I'd be good with Spyro or Crash. Both're iconic and it'd be hard to ignore them, and though I'd rather just have one, I'd be okay with both.
In my mind we need Monster Hunter as a character. We've already got Rathalos for goodness sakes, give us the Hunter!
The last one is hard but I'd still love Skull Kid or Majora.

link2702

Smash Champion
Shantae is really the only other character besides geno I want to see get in.

Of still would like to see waluigi and isaac too, but that’s more for their fanbases than for me.

Even then Shantae isn’t like “omg she HAS to get in” for me like geno is, I just like her games enough and feel she’s more deserving than other indie characters since she’s like the original indie before indie games were really a thing. Shovel knight and sans might have stolen the spotlight, but Shantae was still the first arguably successful “indie”

Polarthief

Smash Lord
So the NOA twitter had an image of Mario on a recent tweet, and it just disappeared. Interesting...
PS: I don't remember what the actual tweet said, but it was recent (like within the last hour-ish) and it's now gone.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
So the NOA twitter had an image of Mario on a recent tweet, and it just disappeared. Interesting...
PS: I don't remember what the actual tweet said, but it was recent (like within the last hour-ish) and it's now gone.
I imagine someone probably got a screencap of it beforehand

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Man, that's a tough one. Pretty much all of the characters I've ever really wanted for Smash are in the game already (:ultroy::ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultkrool::ultbanjokazooie:), so everything else is just gravy. I'm left supporting characters more because I feel they have a great shot or because they'd make tons of people happy rather than wanting them personally. So for now, I'll abstain on a personal wants list and just focus on my expectations based on everything we've heard thus far, in no particular order.

-= Expectations =-
- Geno, natch. Everything seems to be lining up for him to get in, so I wouldn't be too suprised if he did. Also, it'd give me an excuse to play through SMRPG for the first time, hopefully through NSO.

- Crash. Got into the series proper with the N.Sane Trilogy and I think he's got a great shot at getting in at this point. He's one of the few characters left who I feel would be at a similar level to Banjo and Kazooie in terms of sheer hype, plus the memes that would spawn from his inclusion would be legendary.

- A Bandai/Namco character. Could either be Lloyd or Heihachi, but I'm leaning more towards Heihachi at this point. Much like Geno, his Mii Costume could've easily come back alongside Terry and yet it didn't. Given how popular he and his home series is, I wouldn't be suprised if they picked him.

- A 1st Party Nintendo character. Whether that be a new Pokemon, Rex and Pyra/Mythra, or even Waluigi, I think there's a good chance we'll be getting at least one character wholly owned by Nintendo. No idea who this would be specifically, I'm just hoping it isn't another Pokemon character.

- Some crazy left-fielder that nobody particularly wanted, but no one is upset to see in Smash. Basically Dante, Rayman, or Ryu Hayabusa. Dante's had quite a few things going for him as of late, so there's a decent chance that we'll see him get in. Though there's not much going for him in terms of speculation, Rayman is pretty well liked by most and I don't think anyone would be upset to see him get in, so he'd fit. Ryu may have actually been either leakbait (HOO HA HA!) or a misunderstanding on the part of whoever IAmShifty was getting his info from, but I still think there's a chance for him simply because, despite being a massive pain in the testicles, Ninja Gaiden was pretty fun.

- Someone big, REALLY big. People usually say that Smash always ends on a low note in terms of final characters, but given how this'll be the very last Smash for a while, I have a good feeling they'll want to end off strong with a bonafide show-stopper. Master Chief is the name on most people's tounges right now due to Microsoft being real cooperative. Any Valve character would fit this criteria, most notably Gordon Freeman, The Heavy, or Chell. Just about anyone from Sony would be amazing as well: Kratos, Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, Ellie from The Last of Us, even Knack. ESPECIALLY Knack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom