• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

If all the leakers really were BTFO, then that means there should be a direct this coming week. I’d say probably Wednesday. Just need some news that’ll tide me over til E3.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
If all the leakers really were BTFO, then that means there should be a direct this coming week. I’d say probably Wednesday. Just need some news that’ll tide me over til E3.
A general direct that also reveals DLC 6 would absolutely be more than enough for me til E3, especially if I know PM3 is coming out this year (plus AC in under a month PUMPKABOO, IT'S ALMOST HERE!). If the direct isn't next week though... ugh.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
If they announce all or half of the **** Fatman has been aware for months in the upcoming general Direct, I can't imagine what they have in store for us at E3 this year.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

E3 at the very least needs to show off Bayonetta 3, NMH3, Metroid Prime 4, BotW2 and character 7.
Any of those are definitely possible. Except for Metroid Prime 4. I think we’ll probably see that at the earliest maybe early next year. I’d love to be wrong though.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Any of those are definitely possible. Except for Metroid Prime 4. I think we’ll probably see that at the earliest maybe early next year. I’d love to be wrong though.
Yeah agreed. We might just hear another "MP4 is still being worked on" kind of thing. BOTW2 news would be great though, assuming it'll be a Q1/Q2 2021 title, though it could also be the holiday title this year? Buuuut I kinda doubt that.

As for Smash, DLC 7 and possibly 8, but at the very least 7 is expected.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Yeah agreed. We might just hear another "MP4 is still being worked on" kind of thing. BOTW2 news would be great though, assuming it'll be a Q1/Q2 2021 title, though it could also be the holiday title this year? Buuuut I kinda doubt that.

As for Smash, DLC 7 and possibly 8, but at the very least 7 is expected.
7 is basically guaranteed for sure, no arguments on that point. The only question for Fighter Pass 2 is if we're getting 4 fighters like we did last year or just 3. We know at least 2 of the latter half are going to be released in 2021

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
7 is basically guaranteed for sure, no arguments on that point. The only question for Fighter Pass 2 is if we're getting 4 fighters like we did last year or just 3. We know at least 2 of the latter half are going to be released in 2021
I think for this year 3 characters getting announce would be the most likely case since it would keep up with the pace until the 2021 deadline. I expect E3 double reveals this year and the next while the other two of them could be announced anytime before or after the E3 reveals.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The next Direct is bound to be dumb as Hell in the best of ways. Like Markomaro said back in December, it's basically setting up to be the best non-E3 Direct since January 2013 but with third parties in tow. From what I understand, Nintendo's pretty pissed at a handful of people probably because of the Paper Mario and Metroid rumors that got blasted everywhere so, at the very least, those are definitely strong candidates for this upcoming Direct. Kind of feel bad for Markomaro because if his "cryptohints" from his latest Tweet are predominantly right, Nintendo's probably going to nuke the poor guy in the aftermath.

MattX20

Smash Hero
The next Direct is bound to be dumb as Hell in the best of ways. Like Markomaro said back in December, it's basically setting up to be the best non-E3 Direct since January 2013 but with third parties in tow. From what I understand, Nintendo's pretty pissed at a handful of people probably because of the Paper Mario and Metroid rumors that got blasted everywhere so, at the very least, those are definitely strong candidates for this upcoming Direct. Kind of feel bad for Markomaro because if his "cryptohints" from his latest Tweet are predominantly right, Nintendo's probably going to nuke the poor guy in the aftermath.
After starving their audience for almost half a year for information, they really need to make this first general direct of the decade count and hit hard.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Don't let the hype burn out of control. The direct might not please everyone since they will show on what game seems ready to show a preview.
Screenshot_20200222-110516_YouTube.jpg

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Don't let the hype burn out of control. The direct might not please everyone since they will show on what game seems ready to show a preview.
Nothing has ever pleased everyone. Ever. I don’t think anyone expects that. But it’s looking to be a must watch for most people. No need to put out non-existent fires. The last direct was 6 months ago I think it’s okay to allow people to get excited in whatever capacity they choose

Dukefire

Smash Master
Nothing has ever pleased everyone. Ever. I don’t think anyone expects that. But it’s looking to be a must watch for most people. No need to put out non-existent fires. The last direct was 6 months ago I think it’s okay to allow people to get excited in whatever capacity they choose
True. Its due time that a general direct makes its appearence after 6 months

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Kind of realized something this morning: Square greenlit 2 Cloud Amiibo, they're probably going to greenlight all 4 Heros too. This throws more evidence on the pile that Hero's Amiibo will probably not be in the April wave but the next, likely in mid summer. This adds even more evidence that Hero's Amiibo will be coming with 7 and further implies that 7 is Square Enix and an E3 announcement.

download (1).jpeg

MattX20

Smash Hero
Kind of realized something this morning: Square greenlit 2 Cloud Amiibo, they're probably going to greenlight all 4 Heros too. This throws more evidence on the pile that Hero's Amiibo will probably not be in the April wave but the next, likely in mid summer. This adds even more evidence that Hero's Amiibo will be coming with 7 and further implies that 7 is Square Enix and an E3 announcement.

I can see where you're coming from, but I don't think Geno necessarily has to be tied to the DQ heroes amiibo releases since he's not part of their IPs nor their main ones. He's a character created for a franchise not owned by them. But, we shall we see which line of logic holds true when 6 and 7 are respectively revealed.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Okay TerminalMontage TerminalMontage , I looked through 'Something About Super Mario 64', watching it as slowly as I could and keeping my eyes well and peeled, but I couldn't find anything new. At this point I just gotta ask:
IsThisIt.png

Is this it? Because I've seen this little easter egg several times before, but due to the quality I wasn't sure who these two characters were. I thought they were a Toad (left) and Kirby (right), but given that it's the only visual gag left unaccounted for I think this might actually have been the SMRPG reference you were referring to this whole time, and they're actually Geno (left) and Mallow (right). Either way, if you don't mind, do you happen to still have a clear image of these two you can share to confirm this? Thanks.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Currently at work so like the pleb I am I'm overthinking things. Remember how I said I heard a rumour back in January that Amiibo releases were probably going to be a lot smaller and maybe a few as one new character? I had a realization about this when thinking about Hero because we literally saw this in Smash 4.

https://www.ssbwiki.com/Amiibo#Wave_14

Look at the entire page to see what I'm getting at. The DLC characters with ALTs we're also the only characters in Smash 4 to get Amiibo. With Smash Ultimate, this will likely be the case again. Coincidentally, in Smash 4, these characters belonged to SEGA, Square, and Intelligent Systems and these same companies are the ones that's DLC characters in the Fighter's Pass have ALTs! So, with this said, this is probably what we're looking at for the future:

-Wave 18: Joker and "Notice Me Senpai" Joker

-Wave 19: the Heroes ™

-Wave 20: Banjo and Terry

-Wave 21: Male and Female Byleth

If Amiibo Theory holds, this means these Amiibo will come with characters 6-9. Now, here's where things get interesting... These are predominantly pairs. If this pattern continues this suggests:

-Wave 22: 6 and 7
-Wave 23: 8 and 9

To have the final two characters, there would have to be one more wave, especially in the light that DLC characters don't release with their respective Amiibo right away.

-Wave 24: 10 and 11

This potentially implies a bonus character after 11 to accommodate this last wave and then "12's" Amiibo would be a single new release ala Lucas in Smash 4. We'll see how things play out but it's something to consider.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Currently at work so like the pleb I am I'm overthinking things. Remember how I said I heard a rumour back in January that Amiibo releases were probably going to be a lot smaller and maybe a few as one new character? I had a realization about this when thinking about Hero because we literally saw this in Smash 4.

https://www.ssbwiki.com/Amiibo#Wave_14

Look at the entire page to see what I'm getting at. The DLC characters with ALTs we're also the only characters in Smash 4 to get Amiibo. With Smash Ultimate, this will likely be the case again. Coincidentally, in Smash 4, these characters belonged to SEGA, Square, and Intelligent Systems and these same companies are the ones that's DLC characters in the Fighter's Pass have ALTs! So, with this said, this is probably what we're looking at for the future:

-Wave 18: Joker and "Notice Me Senpai" Joker

-Wave 19: the Heroes ™

-Wave 20: Banjo and Terry

-Wave 21: Male and Female Byleth

If Amiibo Theory holds, this means these Amiibo will come with characters 6-9. Now, here's where things get interesting... These are predominantly pairs. If this pattern continues this suggests:

-Wave 22: 6 and 7
-Wave 23: 8 and 9

To have the final two characters, there would have to be one more wave, especially in the light that DLC characters don't release with their respective Amiibo right away.

-Wave 24: 10 and 11

This potentially implies a bonus character after 11 to accommodate this last wave and then "12's" Amiibo would be a single new release ala Lucas in Smash 4. We'll see how things play out but it's something to consider.
I could see maybe the Heroes and Byleth getting additional amiibos, but Joker not so much given how it was relegated to just a pair of alt costumes.

Last edited:

"LC"_Lapen

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 6950 2675 8190
Censor-dodging; image removed
Geno's trending on Twitter, but not the puppet. Some sports guy.

The people tweeting about it, however...

Geno trending.jpg

seem to be having a similar reaction.

(Image has been modified from original content due to language)

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Hmm...you guys ever wonder if Project M's take on Geno might influence his Ultimate counterpart?

Bob-Omber

Smash Cadet
In the corner drinking a frosty with a straw
Hmm...you guys ever wonder if Project M's take on Geno might influence his Ultimate counterpart?
Both movesets would have to be similar in some ways because its Geno either way but Sakurai could definitely come up with some creative spins on the character. I mean he did create Mr. Game & Watch and gave a house plant a really fun moveset

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I don't know about directly (because legally it technically can't) but yet another thing that's always set Geno apart is how often he's flat out modded into other games whether it's costumes, ALTs, or flat out a playable character. Him, Ridley, Shadow, and Waluigi have had this benefit since Project M's early days.

Zav22

Smash Cadet
CacoMallow leak is still unconfirmed, and this late in, which means it's totally possible it's real.

Just a reminder that while it does imply a few things, it doesn't confirm any playable fighter, real or not. Caco hat could still get in without Doomguy, just like Altair's costume is in without anything from Assassin's Creed. Same with the Mallow hat, but Genos's a lock so...
Thanks I just wanted to know if it was still up in the air since I've noticed that know ones brought it up for a long time, and yeah I do know it's possible whether or not it confirms a fighter but I'm still in belief that it could since the last leak that had Ken in with ivysaur, pacman and pichu confirmed him as a playable fighter and that leak was never debunked. That's just my opinion since I want to see geno in more than anything.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Lol, Geno is trending on Twitter. Something with Hockey I guess. But most people seem to be talking about smash

Heoj

Smash Ace
Its funny because theres a good chance that people talking about the hockey geno are gonna encounter the smash geno and are gonna be so dang confused.

D

Deleted member

Evegeni Malkin seems like a cool hockey player respect. But Geno's trending everyone's showing support get those tweets out fellow Geno fans!

Show them how much we want our puppet in.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
How crazy would it be if we got a direct on Thursday and after showing off PM3, we got Geno as PM was originally supposed to be a sequel of Geno?
It'd be even crazier if there was a Geno cameo in PM3 and that was the last bit they showed off in the direct, which then led instantly into a Smash reveal. "Wait, who is that?" the English VO would say, leading into a trailer if we're still doing those, or just an immediate splash screen reveal if not.
Geno in Smash!
Geno in Mario Odyssey!
Geno in Mario Maker 2!
Geno in Mario Kart!
Geno in Super Mario!
Geno in Mario Tennis!
Geno in Breath in the Wild 2!
Geno in Metroid Prime 4!
Geno in Ring Fit Adventure!
Geno in animal Crossing New Horizons!
Geno in Minecraft!
Geno in Fortnite!

It’s the Year or Geno! By this time, he would be the most iconic Mario character, even more iconic and important than Mario himself!

In all seriousness, I can for sure see the first six seeing as good possibilities should Geno see a revival and get brought back into the fold.

Last edited:

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
20200223_164804.jpg

And people say Geno is totally irrelevant:ultpacman:

(This Twitter thing is actually all because of me. I managed to get a classic zoomer uprising started. People are now offended that Geno isn't in Smash because we don't have enough "puppet representation" in the game. You're welcome my Geno lads, I used my zoomer powers for good.)

Geno gang rise up

D

Deleted member

View attachment 263573
And people say Geno is totally irrelevant:ultpacman:

(This Twitter thing is actually all because of me. I managed to get a classic zoomer uprising started. People are now offended that Geno isn't in Smash because we don't have enough "puppet representation" in the game. You're welcome my Geno lads, I used my zoomer powers for good.)

Geno gang rise up
Your back!!! YOUR BACK!!! I mean ahem good too see you AdamBell731. Anyway make those hash tags count Geno fans! Yes to Geno being in all Future Mario games when he returns and in a Super Mario RPG thing of some kind remake or not.

DanaDee

Banned via Warnings
hot take
i feel like geno would be better off slowly coming back into mario through spinoffs and then making his way into smash

D

Deleted member

Today's your day Geno. No matter what comes after this the support is there for you. Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars fans people who want you in Smash.

We won't stop our support for you till your in Smash and hopefully in more Mario games!

So today belongs to you!

StarLight42

Smash Lord
hot take
i feel like geno would be better off slowly coming back into mario through spinoffs and then making his way into smash
The “hot take” thing is really stupid.
Also i disagree.

Fans ask for Geno in smash, not Geno in Mario Tennis

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
hot take
Perhaps that's how it should've happened, but it didn't.

I mean, K. Rool didn't do that either and yet he's in Smash. If K. Rool can do it, Geno can too!

Well, uh, actually... I want that too.

And for Mario Kart.

And Mario Party.

And every other spinoff.

And another RPG.

Just bring back our boy.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
hot take
Here’s my hot take of the day,

Perhaps try to make productive posts instead of coming from a certain site and making lackluster attempts to rile up a fan base. It would be great if you could enjoy and use these boards instead for your own personal lols. Welcome to Smashboards and please enjoy the site. Feel free to ask me any questions/concerns/comments via private messages or profile posts.

To the thread, please continue as usual.

Last edited:

DanaDee

Banned via Warnings
Here’s my hot take of the day,

Perhaps try to make productive posts instead of coming from a certain site and making lackluster attempts to rile up a fan base. It would be great if you could enjoy and use these boards instead for your own personal lols. Welcome to Smashboards and please enjoy the site. Feel free to ask me any questions via PM or profile posts.

To the thread, please continue as usual.
what lol
i literally just said i would rather see him reintroduced into mario before smash
The “hot take” thing is really stupid.
Also i disagree.

Perhaps that's how it should've happened, but it didn't.

I mean, K. Rool didn't do that either and yet he's in Smash. If K. Rool can do it, Geno can too!

Well, uh, actually... I want that too.

And for Mario Kart.

And Mario Party.

And every other spinoff.

And another RPG.

Just bring back our boy.
yeah but i feel like he wouldn’t have the oomph that k rool had, y’know? i mean geno is a beloved side character but krool is an iconic villain
plus it’d be a lot harder to get geno than it was to get krool

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hello everyone, Lord Woomy here. You may all remember me from the Geno support thread and nothing else. I'm back here again to announce that I have officially joined the Big Brain Club and I have decided Geno is not coming to Smash for reasons that I spent weeks crafting. I will now debunk all your so called "evidence".

"Spirits don't deconfirm!" - Uh yeah, of course they do. I mean, we've gotten 6/12 DLC characters and none of them have been spirits yet. That physically prevents them from ever adding spirits as fighters ever. Remember how 4/5 of the fighter pass was third party and that proved FP5 was gonna be third party? And then we got a FE rep, an obvious third party rep. Now some of you silly gooses may claim things like "Well, they never stated spirits can't be upgraded" and that's just ridiculous, they heavily implied it with this one simple fact: My most wanted isn't a spirit and it makes them more likely if I say spirits deconfirm and run so that's ironclad confirmation that spirits are a death sentence. Now, many of you may like to point out how trophies didn't deconfirm in 4 but there's 2 reasons that doesn't apply here: 1, they were returning characters and that makes a difference for some reason and 2, trophies are different because I want them to be. It's not like I'm the one making the claim anyway, so I really shouldn't have to prove it.

"Geno's costume wasn't shown off with Hero!" - Obviously, they're just taking time to upgrade it to a premium costume. There is a multitude of evidence Geno will get a premium costume this time around. What evidence? You ask, well it's pretty clear: I think it's what they should do with Geno and it's just what's going to happen because I said so. Why would it take them a year to upgrade his costume and why show it off with a character that may not be from Square and why would they even bother upgrading it at all? Can you not ask difficult questions like that, it really pokes holes in my argument, k thanks.

"Mii List and CacoMallow are real and point towards Geno being in!" - Both those leaks are such obvious fakes it's insane. Starting with Mii List, it's clear the dude went into the future, watched the Banjo presentation, went back to July and posted the real Mii Costumes for Banjo while just guessing Hero's to make it seem more real. On to CacoMallow, it's clear it's just mods. You just swap the hat models, it's not difficult in the slightest. I know some experienced modders may claim that it's actually really difficult and may be genuinely impossible to replicate. But as someone who has used the copy and paste feature on my computer many times, I think I'm the real expert here. Even if these 2 leaks are genuine and we are getting Mallow and Smithy as costumes, it's obvious they'll just come with the Geno costume. "Why would they make the bulk of a characters costumes from a game they're not from?" and "Why would neither of these leaks hinting at Geno's costume coming back somehow imply it's returning with Mallow and Smithy costumes?" are questions you may ask and I understand. Sadly, you can't comprehend my days of research with your small brains so it'd be futile trying to explain it to you Geno supporters.

"Suspicious music take downs in July point to him being in!" - It's clearly just Nintendo's copyright bots being stupid again. Like how they took down Banjo and Undertale music before and that obviously never ever amounted to either getting any content in Smash. Even if it did mean anything, it'd just be for his premium costume anyway. "Why would they give him 2 songs when both other premium costumes seem to only get one?" Come on, I told you not to ask hard questions. Keep that up and I'll stop sharing my immense brain power with you.

"Sakurai said he wanted to include Geno since Brawl!" - Obviously, Sakurai has changed his mind by now. How is that obvious and why would I know that, you ask? I have studied every single one of Sakurai's facial movements and word pronunciations since he made that claim and it has given me the ability to read his mind. In the November 1st Direct, around 20 minutes in, Sakurai is clearly thinking "I've decided I hate Geno and now never want to include him in Super Smash Brothers". People may bring up the Grinch Leak when trying to disregard Sakurai's words because it's convenient for me and I have decided you're wrong.

There, I've layed out every single point I can as to why Geno will never be in Smash. Some of you may posit that I'm just trying to hand wave his evidence because I personally don't want Geno in and it makes me feel more comfortable and you'd be absolutely correct! Any character I don't want can never get in as the world just revolves around me that much. Most characters, like Ridley, K Rool, and Banjo I had been supporting for a whole negative 5 seconds before they were revealed, so it's clear only characters I want get in.
Anyways, I'm off to go help NASA in stopping an asteroid from destroying the Earth as I am great at deflecting things. Cya, small brains flies away directly into an airplane engine
Papagenos' Forest Maze Discord server brought me to this post

Polarthief

Smash Lord
hot take
Would have? Absolutely. Should at this point in time though? There's no time unfortunately as these last 6 fighters are it (with a possibly final 7th fighter as an Iwata+Sakurai pick).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom