• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
What I would like to see. Not what I think we will see.
I'm aware, just pointing out the incredibly unlikely scenario for most of them is sadly the reality before us. Would I love simply having more characters if it were feasible? Sure, of course, but we only have 6 slots and I doubt more than one is going to the same company besides possibly Nintendo.

That being said, I don't actually have real qualms with your counter-points aside from the Chrono part. Chrono Trigger is regularly seen as one of the greatest RPG games all of time on many notable lists. It also sold slightly more than the SMRPG initially and the series received a sequel and has ports on the DS, the Virtual Console, PlayStation, iOS, etc. While Chrono certainly doesn’t have the fan demand or the “Smash push” as Geno does, that doesn’t necessarily mean he’s not iconic or have enough legacy. I would argue that Chrono Trigger did more for the RPG genre and had/has more of a meaningful legacy in gaming as a whole than SMRPG. I will concede that Geno does have a huge demand from dedicated fans. Chrono is more “oh yeah that would be cool I loved playing that game.” There never really has been a push to include Chrono; even from Chrono Trigger fans.
By no means am I saying CT doesn't have a legacy or a place in gaming history. Far from me to say that about a game well deserving of its praise (moreso than games like FF7 and OoT), especially one that I love despite never growing up with; the legacy I was talking about was the smash legacy that Geno has. The fan demand, well you even agreed there. As far as the games are concerned, both are extremely praised constantly, but I do think SMRPG at least in the west is regarded a bit higher as it was the game that pushed RPGs into mainstream genres. Both games deserve to be in smash, but Geno just has the fan demand, is more unique (in that no other character is like him while we have tons of sword-wielders), and again, has that much longer legacy with Smash specifically. If it ever came down to it, Geno would win in a Chrono vs Geno for the SE rep battle.

Red Haired Sword Goku's name is Crono and not "Chrono", you uncultured bag of testicles. :ultpiranha:
Wasn't that because the SNES version was only capable of 5 letters (for some reason)? I mean, literally all the primary protagonists have 4 or 5 character-long names, even their true names such as R-66Y (Robo) and J---- (name cut off for spoilers, just in case). I could be wrong but I think they intended his name to be Chrono, but due to the limitation, literally couldn't. I feel like both spellings therefore are technically correct.

I also find the entire “likeliness” discussion to be tiring and unproductive.
It's a known fact that fan demand definitely matters, seeing as Bayonetta, Belmonts, KKR, and Ridley all got in based on their ballot results, and I'm sure plenty of others were added because of it too. Because of that alone, it's important to discussion. The only other SE rep that comes close to Genos's fan demand is Sora but he has that massive Disney blockade (plus he's technically a Disney rep, not an SE one).

It recently occurred to me that Geno has more fan demand than Mario ever had for Smash.......Geno might just be more important than Mario 0_0
Mario has been in every game since the first, I'm confused.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I largely played Chrono Trigger in Japanese so maybe that’s why...

I'm aware, just pointing out the incredibly unlikely scenario for most of them is sadly the reality before us. Would I love simply having more characters if it were feasible? Sure, of course, but we only have 6 slots and I doubt more than one is going to the same company besides possibly Nintendo.

By no means am I saying CT doesn't have a legacy or a place in gaming history. Far from me to say that about a game well deserving of its praise (moreso than games like FF7 and OoT); the legacy I was talking about was the smash legacy that Geno has. The fan demand, well you even agreed there. As far as the games are concerned, both are extremely praised constantly, but I do think SMRPG at least in the west is regarded a bit higher as it was the game that pushed RPGs into mainstream genres. Both games deserve to be in smash, but Geno just has the fan demand, is more unique (in that no other character is like him while we have tons of sword-wielders), and again, has that much longer legacy with Smash specifically. If it ever came down to it, Geno would win in a Chrono vs Geno for the SE rep battle.

Wasn't that because the SNES version was only capable of 5 letters (for some reason)? I mean, literally all the primary protagonists have 4 or 5 character-long names, even their true names such as R-66Y (Robo) and J---- (name cut off for spoilers, just in case). I could be wrong but I think they intended his name to be Chrono, but due to the limitation, literally couldn't. I feel like both spellings therefore are technically correct.
Oh yeah, that’s not my most-wanted list by a long shot. Just my preferred SE list. Like, my preferred Capcom list features Chun-Li, Akuma, Phoenix Wright, Monster Hunter, and Morrigan. And my preferred Namco list has Heihachi, Lloyd, Nightmare, Agumon, and KOS-MOS.

2B or Geno would probably get up in my Fighter Pass 2 mock up graphic thing that kids are doing nowadays.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It recently occurred to me that Geno has more fan demand than Mario ever had for Smash.......Geno might just be more important than Mario 0_0
Geno is definitely more requested than Doc, Rosalina, Bowser Jr, and Plant were. Daisy and Waluigi are definitely big with the casual crowds but were never really big within the Smash fanbase. I think this is why a lot of people have a hard time wrapping their head around the Geno fanbase.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, that’s not my most-wanted list by a long shot. Just my preferred SE list. Like, my preferred Capcom list features Chun-Li, Akuma, Phoenix Wright, Monster Hunter, and Morrigan. And my preferred Namco list has Heihachi, Lloyd, Nightmare, Agumon, and KOS-MOS.

2B or Geno would probably get up in my Fighter Pass 2 mock up graphic thing that kids are doing nowadays.
I totally get where you're coming from, it's all good. I too have unrealistic dreams of wanting characters who I'll never see in smash get in. Sadly, this is looking like the end of newcomers to smash for a loooooong ass time (at least til the Switch's successor comes out, at a minimum), and all the DLC is already picked, so I know characters like an Advance Wars or Rhythm Heaven rep have simply no chance, pretty much the same boat as 2B or C(h)rono (+/- the h).

Plus I've just decided to go all in on the faith that Geno is a lock. If the Belmonts got in because of their poll results, I have little doubt that Geno will too.

Also I totally want to make a mock FP2 thing but I'm poopy-***** at stuff like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
I was placing F6 at E3 with a September 2020 reveal with the pack ending in December 2021. It’s late I know but I lowball most things to avoid disappointment. I was low key calling Byleth before the Presentation but redirected to Dante last minute.

I have supported Geno since the Brawl days and have played SMRPG since it was released. While my support has waned over the years, I would still be very happy to see the last bastion of “Brawl or Bust” characters (K Rool, Ridley, and Banjo being examples of those). However, as of late, Geno is low tier in my SQE wishlist. It doesn’t mean I don’t want him but, according to what I would like to see, my list goes:

1) 2B
2) Sora
3) Chrono
4) Sephiroth
5) Geno
6) Terra Bradford
7) Lara Croft

Please don’t hate me. I do have my reasons. Valid reasons.

Geno does have a lot going for him. I mean, more than half of the pizza restaurants around the world are named after him. Not vice versa. That’s fake news :3
No offense, but this list is factually bad. Can't believe you'd ignore Gex like that

Kidding aside, Square Enix has a lot of really cool characters. I definitely prefer Geno out of most of them by a decent amount, but no doubt those other characters are pretty cool and seeing them in Smash would be neat. It doesn't seem likely, but I wouldn't mind if Nintendo double dipped with Square Enix for FP2

Polarthief

Smash Lord
It doesn't seem likely, but I wouldn't mind if Nintendo double dipped with Square Enix for FP2
If they were gonna double-dip on anyone but themselves, SE would be the ones to do it IMO, seeing as how they have a huge history to both gaming and Nintendo, especially in the SNES/90s era. If I was Sakurai and I could pick *any* characters, besides Geno, I'd probably add Sora after him (again, assuming the Disney roadblock is breakable) just due to the huge demand and far reach that the KH series has had, even though it's had a relatively weak presence on Nintendo. If Sora is completely off the table, whoever was the (probably) 3rd pick in fan demand, though I'm not really sure who that would be.

Last edited:

HudU

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4165 4708 0120
I largely played Chrono Trigger in Japanese so maybe that’s why...

Just curious, what are your thoughts on who you think will be in FP2? (Not characters you want but characters you think will actually Make it)

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
If they were gonna double-dip on anyone but themselves, SE would be the ones to do it IMO, seeing as how they have a huge history to both gaming and Nintendo, especially in the SNES/90s era. If I was Sakurai and I could pick *any* characters, besides Geno, I'd probably add Sora after him (again, assuming the Disney roadblock is breakable) just due to the huge demand and far reach that the KH series has had, even though it's had a relatively weak presence on Nintendo. If Sora is completely off the table, whoever was the (probably) 3rd pick in fan demand, though I'm not really sure who that would be.
Personally if I were Sakurai and could add another square rep along side Geno and it couldn't be Sora, I think I'd go with Lara Croft. Pretty iconic character who would be a big female rep too. I don't know if she's popular in Japan though

Alternatively, I could just add in Geno for a second time

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Personally if I were Sakurai and could add another square rep along side Geno and it couldn't be Sora, I think I'd go with Lara Croft. Pretty iconic character who would be a big female rep too. I don't know if she's popular in Japan though

Alternatively, I could just add in Geno for a second time
You mean his brother Greeno?
Greeno.png

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Just curious, what are your thoughts on who you think will be in FP2? (Not characters you want but characters you think will actually Make it)
Don’t know. Characters who are likely and who isn’t likely changes weekly...sometimes daily...and occasion, hourly. So it’s really unknown at this point. I’m not one to call a character a lock or to believe a particular character will make it in based solely on blind devotion and happy thoughts. That being said, I wouldn’t be surprise to see these characters:

Crash
Hayabusa
Geno
Dante
Namco character
Doomslayer

But I wouldn’t go my predictions...they are usually wrong. The only notable one I got right was Banjo’s character number.

Geno certainly has a chance as being playable but he also has several things going against him that does hurt his chances. Not to open cans of worms but him being regulated to a Spirit is a huge red flag to me. Prove me wrong, Sakurai. Like you have so many times before.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Real talk, when I was a wee lad, I used to think that this mega-roster was completely real.
When I was a kid I thought after you got everything in Melee you would unlock a super secret hidden character. Reason I thought this was because of the unknown Challenger Approaching silhouette in Melee's introduction booklet.

Just realized that Zelda has like 20 (mostly useless) reps in this pic, while FE is stuck with Marth and Roy.

Oh the irony, also the speculation scene pre-Brawl was really weird.
I didn't get into Smash speculation until Smash 4 but I agree, pre-Brawl speculation was weird. I also notice there was 12 characters in that big fake fanmade select screen that actually went on to become playable characters later on the series such as Pit, Villager, Diddy Kong, King K. Rool, Banjo & Kazooie, Mega Man, Sonic, Wario, King Dedede, Daisy, Olimar & Pikmin.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Crash
Hayabusa
Geno
Dante
Namco character
Doomslayer
Namco I really think is gonna be Lloyd despite the "too many swordsmen" comment from Sakurai. That said, a dual-wielding, extremely-mobile swordsman like Lloyd would be really unique... (Hayabusa and Dante would be neat too, but I do wonder if this is a bit overload on sword-users for an FP). Also I can't help but feel this list is "too many new companies", being 3 with Crash, Hayabusa, and Doomguy. Also no Nintendo rep? Hmmm...

That said, personally, most of that list does look pretty good (assuming Lloyd for your Namco slot). I'd get both my #1 and (new) #5 pick along with other picks I'd be totally cool with that would probably play well. I'd be down if this was our list, but would be saddened by the lack of justice for Waluigi.

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
What does Hayabusa have besides "so and so has chattered about him" for the last several months? How did he stack up to others like Crash, Doomguy, Lloyd, and of course, Geno?

EDIT:

this is the closest I will ever get to being the only one here

EDIT THE SECOND:

I did even better

Screenshot_20200222-052813_Brave.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

3) Chrono Trigger music is my second most favorite OST of all time. It’s so amazing. And Chrono Trigger Spirit Battles would be fun to see. Especially between Frog and Robo. Plus, it would be interesting to see Chrono using lightning magic plus swords attacks as well as pair up attacks with his game team members.
I'm curious, what's your favourite ost?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Namco I really think is gonna be Lloyd despite the "too many swordsmen" comment from Sakurai. That said, a dual-wielding, extremely-mobile swordsman like Lloyd would be really unique... (Hayabusa and Dante would be neat too, but I do wonder if this is a bit overload on sword-users for an FP). Also I can't help but feel this list is "too many new companies", being 3 with Crash, Hayabusa, and Doomguy. Also no Nintendo rep? Hmmm...

That said, personally, most of that list does look pretty good (assuming Lloyd for your Namco slot). I'd get both my #1 and (new) #5 pick along with other picks I'd be totally cool with that would probably play well. I'd be down if this was our list, but would be saddened by the lack of justice for Waluigi.
It’s a very safe list I feel based on pre-existing leaks before leak culture became high school and popular speculation circle discussion. That being said, the only one I feel not confidant in was Geno but I added it in as I do feel Geno could be likely and it’s the Geno thread after all. I would be comfortable with replacing him with one of the new Urshifu bear things from Sw/Sh. I do feel that Spirits do deconfirm a character but I’m also willing to admit there is a chance that certain exceptions, such as Spirits from Third Party entities, may be enhanced to playable form.

Honorable mentions also goes to Phoenix Wright, Sora, Jibanyan/Professor Layton, Sol Badguy, 2B, Travis Touchdown, and Tracer. I think these characters have the qualities and potential to be playable in fighter pass 2. It’s not a hill I’m willing to die on nor bet money. I think Lloyd/Heihachi/Agumon/KOS-MOS/Nightmare are the leading Namco potentials. I think it could be anyone of them and each have an unique thing going for them. I would honestly not be surprised and quite happy to see one of them included. Which kind of leads into my entire perspective on Smash speculation. I get that so many people invest a lot of time and energy supporting these characters. Honestly, Cloud, Banjo, Ridley, and Mega Man got in so I am sitting on Cloud 9 with all my most wanted characters. That being said, I am always estatic to see people’s wishes fulfilled and see their character included. Even Byleth. So if Geno is revealed, I will be celebrating along with you guys. He might not be my top SE pick but I’ll be happy to see you guys happy.

I'm curious, what's your favourite ost?
That’s quite a hard question. Notable soundtracks that I would consider my favorite is obviously NieR Automata and Chrono Trigger. However, some other multiple favorites included Breath of the Wild, Skyrim, Xenoblade Chronicles and Xenoblade Chronicles X, Doom 2016 and probably Doom Eternal, Pokken Tournament, Guilty Gear Xrd, Mass Effect Trilogy, Persona 5 (thanks to Smash), Final Fantasy 6, 7, X, 12, and 13, and finally Metroid Prime Trilogy.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
That’s quite a hard question. Notable soundtracks that I would consider my favorite is obviously NieR Automata and Chrono Trigger. However, some other multiple favorites included Breath of the Wild, Skyrim, Xenoblade Chronicles and Xenoblade Chronicles X, Doom 2016 and probably Doom Eternal, Pokken Tournament, Guilty Gear Xrd, Mass Effect Trilogy, Persona 5 (thanks to Smash), Final Fantasy 6, 7, X, 12, and 13, and finally Metroid Prime Trilogy.
Do you think if Birth of a Wish sneeks in, they would. make it just the intrumental or will they add the robots going, "Become as Gods" and "This Cannot Continue"

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Off-topic
Unrelated to Geno buuuuuut...

Watching some more reactions to the Animal Crossing: New Horizons Direct I noticed that... they mentioned the name Ninten quite a few times (minutes 8:27, 10:54, 17:36, and 19:22). Just... casually dropping the name (name used for the player's Island). Hmm... I know one can't look TOO much into every single detail but... this Animal Crossing Direct had this, and another curious things revolving around it (i.e., why soon after the Direct was announced, the official DOOM twitter commented asking if Isabelle was going to be there, and how within the Direct, Isabelle didn't showed up until 19:03, and at the end of the Direct when Tom Nook says his last line, Isabelle casually strolls in). Hmm... HMMMM... :nifty:

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
A thought occurred to me, what if the DLC amiibo releases don't coincide with the order of when they were released in the Fighter Pass? What if the DQ Hero(es) come first instead of Joker or anyone else? Geno could come as soon as FP6 for all we know

Jorichi

Smash Apprentice
Unrelated to Geno buuuuuut...

Watching some more reactions to the Animal Crossing: New Horizons Direct I noticed that... they mentioned the name Ninten quite a few times (minutes 8:27, 10:54, 17:36, and 19:22). Just... casually dropping the name (name used for the player's Island). Hmm... I know one can't look TOO much into every single detail but... this Animal Crossing Direct had this, and another curious things revolving around it (i.e., why soon after the Direct was announced, the official DOOM twitter commented asking if Isabelle was going to be there, and how within the Direct, Isabelle didn't showed up until 19:03, and at the end of the Direct when Tom Nook says his last line, Isabelle casually strolls in). Hmm... HMMMM... :nifty:
The Ninten thing is a play on words in the Japanese version and just got cut out for the translation.
https://nintendosoup.com/heres-why-...ons-direct-was-named-ninten-and-not-nintendo/
One can dream though... one can dream.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
No offense, but if any one of these characters other than Sora got in over Geno, it would be an insult to not only us Geno fans but the "Smash Bubble" that many people in here so vigorously hate despite being Smash fans themselves. There has been a precedent set that fans are being listened to and 2B would be about as far away from doing that while still picking a Square character as possible.
Honestly, this statement's kind of a selfish take. Somehow, another Square Enix character like Crono or 2B getting in over Geno would be considered a slap to the face even though the characters mentioned before do have their own fans who've also wanted them playable. You'd rather not be happy and congratulate them for getting their most wanted but instead act so bitter about it?

Polarthief

Smash Lord
and at the end of the Direct when Tom Nook says his last line, Isabelle casually strolls in). Hmm... HMMMM... :nifty:
Yeah she needs a LOT to drink for being in Smash, and now also running part of an island she thought was gonna be a vacation but instead is more work. Hence the whiskey. (I really love this meme that Isabelle drinks, I really really do)

The Ninten thing is a play on words in the Japanese version and just got cut out for the translation.
https://nintendosoup.com/heres-why-...ons-direct-was-named-ninten-and-not-nintendo/
One can dream though... one can dream.
If anything, I'd still think Porky would get the third mother rep before Ninten did.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
If anything, I'd still think Porky would get the third mother rep before Ninten did.
I agree. Ninten's only chance in my opinion is if he got in as a Ness Echo but that ship has sailed since Echos ain't going to be DLC if Season Pass 2 really is the last of the DLC. If we are getting a 3rd Mother rep it is definitely going to be Porky especially if by some miracle it's in Ultimate.

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
Yeah she needs a LOT to drink for being in Smash, and now also running part of an island she thought was gonna be a vacation but instead is more work. Hence the whiskey. (I really love this meme that Isabelle drinks, I really really do)

TBH. . . I See Isabelle as similar to Retsuko; wheras her outlet for stress relief instead of Death Metal Karaoke, is Participating in SSBU

Polarthief

Smash Lord
TBH. . . I See Isabelle as similar to Retsuko; wheras her outlet for stress relief instead of Death Metal Karaoke, is Participating in SSBU
OH MY GOD I never made that connection. That would be *AMAZING* if that was canon but we, the players, never got to see it. I'm sure her co-workers are way less ****ty though. Definitely my headcanon after Nintendo revealed her whiskey drink.

I agree. Ninten's only chance in my opinion is if he got in as a Ness Echo but that ship has sailed since Echos ain't going to be DLC if Season Pass 2 really is the last of the DLC. If we are getting a 3rd Mother rep it is definitely going to be Porky especially if by some miracle it's in Ultimate.
Crazy idea: Getting echoes after FP2, either for free or cheaper than a normal DLC pack, like $2 a character or something since no stages or music, and they're echoes. Still require some work (model, animations, projectiles, etc), but not nearly as much as a full fighter (cut out basically the entire "how do we make them play" part which is definitely a big part of it I'm sure).

It seemed really odd to me that they classified echoes, added a couple, and then stopped completely, especially if there's no future plans for Smash, y'know?

Last edited:

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman
Aside from Geno; there IS one fighter I Still want: Heihachi Mishima

There's still a Chance for Heihachi to be in one of the 6 Challenger packs in the Fighter pass #2; since:

If A Character doesn't have either a Mii Fighter Costume OR an Assist Trophy already in the game; Then they still have a chance of becoming DLC Fighters. . .

But Let's get back on-topic to Geno;

I think Sakurai's going to have Geno in this fighter's Pass; Since Sakurai Wanted Geno in Smash as far back as Brawl. . .

D

Deleted member

No offense, but this list is factually bad. Can't believe you'd ignore Gex like that

Kidding aside, Square Enix has a lot of really cool characters. I definitely prefer Geno out of most of them by a decent amount, but no doubt those other characters are pretty cool and seeing them in Smash would be neat. It doesn't seem likely, but I wouldn't mind if Nintendo double dipped with Square Enix for FP2
Bro, Gex is in as a mii costume. He comes with Geno or someone else I dunno.

Honestly, this statement's kind of a selfish take. Somehow, another Square Enix character like Crono or 2B getting in over Geno would be considered a slap to the face even though the characters mentioned before do have their own fans who've also wanted them playable. You'd rather not be happy and congratulate them for getting their most wanted but instead act so bitter about it?
I mean, yeah? We’re not going to be so ecstatic if someone gets in over Geno. You act like it’s the end of the world if we were just a little upset about especially when we’re considered the butt-end of character requests. So, yeah it kind of would be a slap in the face after incessant waiting just to have our character not be in.

Last edited by a moderator:

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Shocking as it may sound, people in the Geno thread would almost certainly prefer Geno being one of the last 6 DLC characters over another Square Enix character and would be rightfully disappointed if that weren't the case. We're at the point where this is a zero-sum game: there's no reason to think we'll get any DLC after this, and getting two Square Enix characters in one pass in incredibly unlikely.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
well whatever happens, I hope you all congratulate anyone thats gets in smash even if it isnt Geno. and if it is, people will congradulate you. congradulations all around
Yeah, no. I’m absolutely entitled to feel however the hell I want if Geno doesn’t get added.

Those people don’t need my congrats to validate themselves for getting their character in, just as I won’t need a hollow congratulations from someone like you who actively fueled everything but Geno discussion in this support thread. I’m good.

I would never suggest actively bringing people down who got their character in, but we are under no obligation to congratulate them or pretend we’re happy about it in this thread.

RuffyYoshi

Smash Journeyman
Thinking about how Byleth was the planned end of the DLC initially, I think Geno is very likely from the sole fact that if he wasn't coming, we would have gotten his costume with Hero (or Banjo) and the WoL spirit battle would have changed like with Cuphead upon purchase. There's no reason to delay the costume if that's all we're getting since they KNOW about us, and I highly doubt the premium model 'wasn't done' in time. I know this isn't new, but hecc I'm out of ideas to say.

Milhouse.png

Last edited:

Andwooooo

Smash Journeyman
Thinking about how Byleth was the planned end of the DLC initially, I think Geno is very likely from the sole fact that if he wasn't coming, we would have gotten his costume with Hero (or Banjo) and the WoL spirit battle would have changed like with Cuphead upon purchase. There's no reason to delay the costume if that's all we're getting since they KNOW about us, and I highly doubt the premium model 'wasn't done' in time. I know this isn't new, but hecc I'm out of ideas to say.

View attachment 263458
Careful! We thought the same thing about Shadow and Isaac until we were blindsided by that final Direct.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It honestly makes me happy of how many super enthusiastic K. Rool players there are and I hope Geno's the same way. Obviously, every character has its fans but there's some characters that people don't care how good or bad they are and simply put their all into them. Historically, Falco and Ganondorf probably highlight this the most and I hope Geno winds up being one of those types of characters too. This is one of the reasons I follow competitive Smash too and have for years because "character culture" is just really cool to me. Zelda players have completely different mindsets than Peach players and so on and so forth and I want to see how Geno's develops.

MattX20

Smash Hero
You know, given that Geno is not part of Square's main or central IPs like Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest, I seriously doubt they're going to be as stingy in how the character is released or what amiibos are released in the wave he goes on sale. To me, it seems fairly plausible to see him in a general direct as well as E3. After all, Lloyd could be the JRPG rep revealed at E3 this year if they go for a double reveal like last year.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
It honestly makes me happy of how many super enthusiastic K. Rool players there are and I hope Geno's the same way. Obviously, every character has its fans but there's some characters that people don't care how good or bad they are and simply put their all into them. Historically, Falco and Ganondorf probably highlight this the most and I hope Geno winds up being one of those types of characters too. This is one of the reasons I follow competitive Smash too and have for years because "character culture" is just really cool to me. Zelda players have completely different mindsets than Peach players and so on and so forth and I want to see how Geno's develops.
Watch there be something hilariously busted about Geno that makes a bunch of players want him banned.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
A character's playability is based on three things:
1. How good they are (on the tier lists; the better a character is, the better your advantage will be if you play them... if you care about that stuff)
2. How fun they are to play (fun is subjective obviously, but the more people that find a character fun, the more they'll be played)
3. How much attachment to the character a person has (this is mostly vital to the very casual players and way less vital the higher up you get on the skill ladder, but having an attachment to a character makes you enjoy playing them more)

I'm hoping Geno at least fits #1 or #2, preferably both. I have no attachment to any of the DLC except BK, but after messing around with Terry for a good hour or so last night, I've come to realize I enjoy all 5 of the DLC characters to varying degrees for each. Banjo I honestly might like the least regarding #2, but because of #3, he's still very fun for me to play. Geno will definitely be perfect for #3, but I hope he's fun and not absolutely bottom-tier because of whatever his gimmick will be.

Idk, just my take on what I believe makes characters played more or less. A low-tier, not very fun, random nobody character will very likely be played by almost no one.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I'm willing to bet Sakurai is going to make him good. He's wanted Geno in the game since Brawl, so I know he wouldn't make a halfhearted character.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm willing to bet Sakurai is going to make him good. He's wanted Geno in the game since Brawl, so I know he wouldn't make a halfhearted character.
I'm not worried. He puts his heart and soul into all the characters he works on. It's who he is. No matter if they are weaker or stronger than intended. But yay for patches~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom