• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
I don¨t believe for a second that there will be a "Smash 6"... Their biggest target audience (the casuals) will never buy a game that is even third the seize of Ultimate. If they wanted to "streamline" the franchise, they should have done it now with this entry instead of Ultimate and not afterward. A franchise like Ultimate ain¨t the same as let say as a movie franchise.

What I mean by that, its this

Endgame is the biggest MCU movie that Marvel is able to bring to the table. We might get something on a similar scale, but it will never be the same because it was the end of the "first big story arc" (the infinity stone). The reason why they now can go back to some smaller-scale movies such as Spiderman Homecoming, and upcoming Black Widow, etc, because they want to continue to follow the characters and what happens next. With Ultimate, we have the biggest of them all when it comes to videogame crossover... and these "smaller movies" isn¨t the same as follow characters in a movie franchise. People would see it as equal buck for far less.

You get what I¨m saying or does it just sound like I¨m rambling?
Sounds like (to me at least) the only way forward that isn't a Smash reboot (let's face it, Everyone is Here is a one time thing considering the expenses) is either to port the game to the next system (with added features) or to make the Smash equivalent of M.U.G.E.N. where they sell a game engine and let the community make the Charcters, Stages, etc. (Fat chance that's happening considering Nintendo hates modders)

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Sounds like (to me at least) the only way forward that isn't a Smash reboot (let's face it, Everyone is Here is a one time thing considering the expenses) is either to port the game to the next system (with added features) or to make the Smash equivalent of M.U.G.E.N. where they sell a game engine and let the community make the Charcters, Stages, etc. (Fat chance that's happening considering Nintendo hates modders)
If they added a M.U.G.E.N create a character type mode in Ultimate we wouldn't need another Smash ever again. I wish.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
I know. But all we really need is a create a character mode.
Real question would be how would someone make this theoretical game competitively viable if just about everything is created by the community. Most I could see would be a competitive focused mod pack and even then, that **** sure as hell ain't showing up at EVO

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Real question would be how would someone make this theoretical game competitively viable if just about everything is created by the community. Most I could see would be a competitive focused mod pack and even then, that **** sure as hell ain't showing up at EVO
I guess created mod characters would be banned from tournaments while developer developed characters would still be viable in competitive play. I would still want it though.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
So we've started getting translated excerpts of the upcoming Famitsu column...
This is it. It's now or never for Geno.
Huh, I guess this really will be it for Ultimate. I think it's times like this were we need to really reflect on how far we've come. We're at the point where worst case scenario is that he'll once again relegated to a Mii Costume. Considering plenty of characters would kill to get referenced nowadays, that's pretty damn impressive for a character whose biggest appearance is about 24 years ago. Based on everything we've seen thus far, his chances for getting in as a fighter are the best they've ever been: No Mii Costume alongside Hero, one of the few names consistently heard by insiders for the past year, a good couple rumors/leaks that bode incredibly well for him, and a level of popularity that cannot be ignored.

So keep calm, and don't get discouraged. While it may feel as though he's a long shot, I still think he has a great chance.

Press P to pray, bros. Hopefully he'll be here soon.
GenoPraying.png

And if he's not, for God's sake whatever you do, don't drop him like you did post-Brawl. Ridley, K. Rool and Banjo didn't get in because people gave up on them after one game. While it may feel like this is it for Smash, people have been saying that since Brawl. There'll always be another Smash game, so should worse come to worse and he doesn't make it for this one, be sure to get back behind him for next time.

I'm not that scared for Geno, but am scared for some other secondary characters I'd love to get in. Seeing Urshifu for example would sting really bad, worse than Byleth for me. Seeing Urshifu and NOT seeing Geno, if that would actually happen, would make me hate that bear thing forever.
Hey, if Urshifu gets confirmed for the game, can you promise me that you'll switch your avatar to this for a month?
UrshifuGeno.png

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice 's theory about the 6 Season Pass 2 characters being Ultimate's last newcomers was right. Watch Fatman be right about Crash, Dante, Geno, Lloyd, Waluigi, and Master Chief. Than we'll see who is laughing after that Fatman haters.

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
I don't know if this counts as a reboot or not, but there is one other direction I could see Smash taking: turning into a full on "company vs. company" crossover fighting game. The door to third-party characters has been completely busted open at this point, so for a hypothetical Smash 6, I could see the developers taking it to the next level and pitting a bunch of Nintendo characters against a bunch characters of one other company.

... of course, I don't know how likely that would be to happen, but I think it'd be cool. Speaking as someone who's a big fan of the "Capcom Versus Series", I'd love it if we finally got that long requested "Nintendo vs. Capcom" fighting game... and if Geno hasn't made it into Smash yet by that point, put him in that game so he can face off against not just Ryu, Ken, and Mega Man, but also Chun-Li, Morrigan, Chris Redfield, Dante, Phoenix Wright, the Monster Hunter, Sir Arthur, Strider Hiryu, Mike Haggar, Nemesis, Viewtiful Joe...

Fatmanonice Fatmanonice 's theory about the 6 Season Pass 2 characters being Ultimate's last newcomers was right. Watch Fatman be right about Crash, Dante, Geno, Lloyd, Waluigi, anfld Master Chief. Than we'll see who is laughing after that Fatman haters.
I remember him comparing the Fighters Pass 2 characters to "drunk holiday shopping" or something like that, essentially implying that there would be more fan favorite requests this time around.

Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , is that correct? Was it based on info you got from insiders, or is it all just complete speculation on your part?

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Oh dear lord. If this is truly the end, I hope you're ready to watch fandoms turn into savages within the next two years. When I say this, I want you to know I'm being sincere. Let's all do our best to keep our civility. Cuz it's gonna get bloody.

Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , is that correct? Was it based on info you got from insiders, or is it all just complete speculation on your part?
All speculation, mon amie

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
This is truly the beginning of the endgame. Things are going to get real messy from here on out. Time to stand our ground! Hopefully the first fighter gives us an idea what to expect.

EDIT: Also S***'s twitter is gone?
Yep, speculation will get uglier and there will be more backlash towards insiders due to people hoping that they are wrong when they leak a character. Every character added will be judged because there are only 6 spots left, with each judgment will become harsher and harsher as we get closer to character 11. This is why I want Geno early, number 6 would be best. Get him done now so everyone, fans and detractors, can move on.

Shill Pokemon pick might not go over very well. And if Nintendo was actually insane enough go do another FE character, people will be screaming for blood. Character 11 needs to be Sonic/Megaman/Master Chief levels to avoid disaster.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Yeah, with Season 2 being the final DLC. Then fans will grow more desperate as the number of open spots decrease each passing announcements. Again, Nintendo picked the characters and Sakurai chose 6 to be in the pass. So, now this is out of our hands to request characters at this point.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, Sakurai says there are no plans for additional DLC after Season 2, huh?

Well, it is early in Season 2, still, so who knows? Maybe that will change. Weren't there initially no plans for a Season 2 early in Season 1 of Smash Bros. Ultimate's DLC, by the way?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So I hear that Nintendo is really pissed regarding the insiders if that Zippo post is anything to go by
:ultpalutena:: Oh really? Where did you hear that? My all seeing eye hasn't seen this yet.

I still think it's likely we'll get another round of DLC
It all depends on how much more the game can handle. After Season Pass 2 there will be only 4 more WoL slots left open and filling them all could be pushing the game to it's limits.

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
It all depends on how much more the game can handle. After Season Pass 2 there will be only 4 more WoL slots left open and filling them all could be pushing the game to it's limits.
I'm pretty sure due to DLC and iterative development they can revise how many slots are left at a given notice.

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
Guys, this is hypothetical, and most likely won't happen in this order.
But I just thought of a badass(plus wholesome) double reveal for Waluigi and Geno.

A full CGI trailer starts, with the events taking place in World of Light similar to Hero's reveal trailer, but instead focuses on the Mario characters.

We see the original SMRPG gang beat up, Bowser is on the ground unconscious, only Mario and Princess Peach remain, they're on their last leg.
Then the focus shifts to a shadowy figure in the distance, with two red glowing dots.
Their assailant is revealed to be Waluigi, who appears to be under the influence of Galeem/Dharkon.

Then, in an instant, Mario and Peach receive unexpected reinforcement from the stars...
It's none other than Rosalina&Luma!
They battle Waluigi, and appear to be evenly matched, the trailer then cuts to gameplay, showcasing Waluigi's moves and abilities, finishing with his final smash.

Going back to CGI, Rosalina is seen struggling, with Luma getting beat up pretty bad, she stops fighting and holds Luma in her arms to cover him from the Wahs onslaught, Waluigi looks in amusement and goes for the finishing blow, with Mario and Peach witnessing the horrific event in cinematic slow-mo.
But just before Waluigi can reach them, he is blown away by an incredible beam of light.

Mario and Peach can only watch, as their expressions goes from shock to joy, Rosalina looks to her back wanting to know the source of the beam of light...

A caped shadowy figure with red glowing eyes approaches...

IT'S GENO!!!

Waluigi stands up furious, stomping on the ground, gritting his teeth, and shaking his fist at Geno's direction, he then rushes at Geno with a full-on attack.
Geno readies himself for battle. Again, trailer cuts to gameplay, to showcase Geno's moves and abilities, with Mallow showing up (somehow).
Then Geno finishes the fight with a final smash, going back to CGI, Waluigi is blown away DBZ style, light consuming him (ironic because of Galeem).

After the battle, Geno is seen with he's arms crossed, assured of his victory, Mallow stands beside him. Rosalina&Luma walk to them, thankful for their assistance, Mario and Peach also come over to thank their old friends.
Bowser wakes up to everyone laughing and celebrating, before his eyes catch Waluigi, who is stunned and dizzy from Geno's attack, completely unaware of what just happened due to being possessed.

Bowser readies himself for round 2, punching his fists together, intending to get Waluigi back, but is stopped by Geno, who instead extends his hand to Waluigi, helping him up, then they're joined by Luigi, Yoshi, Bowser Jr, Daisy, and Wario.
Everyone is happy, cheering and clapping for Waluigi and Geno (plus Mallow), as they finally join the Mario gang in Smash Bros.

The End.

(btw, I was listening to some Persona 4 tracks while visualizing the fight scenes, so if some scenes feel like overkill for Mario characters that's why)
https://youtu.be/aNkZBj40l2o

So, here's a question.

You must upgrade only one Mii costume, one spirit and one AT to fully playable status. Geno must be one of them. Who are the other two?
Spirit: Geno
AT: Waluigi
Mii Costume: Isaac or Lloyd

Nintendo, Sakurai, please, for everyones sake, this is it. Please oh god please, I have never felt so sure of his arrival, I can't bare to wait longer, its been far too long.

2020 is the year of our redemption... hopefully.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm pretty sure due to DLC and iterative development they can revise how many slots are left at a given notice.
Perhaps, but it's not as likely as you think. The game has limits and it can't go beyond a certain number of slots no matter how many patches they add to fill in more so the game doesn't crash. There was a reason there was empty slots in Smash 4's data so the game could have breathing space so it wouldn't crash.

Last edited:

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
I for one am looking forward to being liberated from this endless cycle of speculation

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
Nice, an AC Direct!

Wait, which leaker said it would be announced today? Was it Zippo? (Note that I wrote this as part of a huge post and haven't seen posts that may have addressed this already)

Regardless, I thought I'd put together a music list I want to accompany Geno.

Now, this is banking on the "Only 2 Songs per game" pattern established with Square's Properties thus far.

The Obligatory Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars Songs:
Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
Fight Against an Armed Boss.

Now with those out of the way, I think we can list other Nintendo/Square crossovers that have happened.

Mario Hoops 3-on-3:
Sherbet Land [CD Version] (someone posted this earlier, and I had never heard it before. Pretty sick if you ask me.)
Peach Field [CD Version]

Mario Sports Mix:
Starship
Smash Skate Level 2 (This was a tough choice)

And then we can reach non-Square incorporated music from other RPGs.

Paper Mario Series:
Freeze! (64)
Keeping Pace (64)
Attack on the Koopa Bros. (64)
Main Title / Battle Fanfare Medley (64)
Bowser's Rage (64)

Main Theme (TTYD)
Battle Theme (TTYD)
Petal Meadows (TTYD)
Vs. Magnus von Grapple (TTYD)
Vs. Cortez (TTYD)
Vs. Doopliss (TTYD)

Lineland Road (SPM)
Vs. Mr. L / Brobot L-Type Medley (SPM)
Vs. Francis (SPM)
Vs. Count Bleck (SPM)
The Ultimate Show (SPM)

Vs. Gooper Blooper (SS)
Vs. Kamek (SS)

Ruddy Road (CS)
The Golden Colosseum / Vs. Iggy Medley (CS)

Mario & Luigi Series:
Battle Theme / Boss Battle Medley (SS)
Vs. Popple (SS)
Last Battle (SS)

Battle Theme / Serious Trouble Medley (PiT)
Boss Battle (PiT)
Final Battle (PiT)

Okie Dokie! / SHOWTIME! Medley (BIS)
Minigame (BIS)
The Giant (BIS)

Never Let Up! (DT)
Size Up Your Enemy (DT)
The FINAL Antasma Battle (DT)

Big Bang! (PJ)

And that's all I got for now in regards to music selection. I think it covers the songs that should've gotten in at the very least.
And the Fortune Street version of Peach's Castle to squeeze in another SMRPG song.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Well I know Layton, Sora, Ammy, and Phoenix are never gonna happen anyway so I got nothing to lose pff Cant lose what is already gone

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I for one am looking forward to being liberated from this endless cycle of speculation
Same here. After all the DLC is out, I'm leaving Smashboards until Smash 6 speculation starts. And next time around I don't think I'll be sticking around for the DLC speculation. I will probably only stay for base game speculation come next game.

Well I know Layton, Sora, Ammy, and Phoenix are never gonna happen anyway so I got nothing to lose pff Cant lose what is already gone
I don't know about Sora or Ammy, but Layton and Phoenix have a good shot of making it in. I would almost be shock if at least one of them didn't make it in.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Like I've been saying for awhile now, the writing was on the wall for a long time:

-Like I've been saying, the same ten names have been circulating forever, only one is new and one is new in the sense that, it's been around since last Spring but people are only now taking it seriously.

-Sakurai has been working on Smash to some degree since 2011. I don't think a lot of people grasp how strong of a commitment that is and the dude's got to be exhausted.

-Smash additions have been incremental:

64- 12
Melee- 14
Brawl- 18
Smash 4- 21
Ultimate- 23/24

This seems intentional.

-The big man confirming this is the end game gives a lot of ammunition to Road to 100 theory.

-Since 2018, a vast majority of the names that have come up in insider circles have been characters with notable fanbases since Brawl or even Melee. Like I've been saying for ages, 2020 is looking to be the year Nintendo grants a whole lotta wishes.

-Sakurai has been really sentimental lately and bringing up Iwata, further sealing in my eyes that he was getting to the end of Ultimate.

As this shows, a vast majority of this was public info and I just used a little bit of insider stuff to supplement my theories and, well, it turned out true is all.

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Perhaps, but it's not as likely as you think. The game has limits and it can't go beyond a certain number of slots no matter how many patches they add to fill in more so the game doesn't crash. There was a reason there was empty slots in Smash 4's data so the game could have breathing space so it wouldn't crash.
I'm pretty sure that's mainly for modding where if they go outside the game's scope the game can't handle it. Sakurai with the professional tools and actual code base should be able to extend the game beyond that point.
I would like to verify that though but I am having trouble finding where people comment on the game crashing with too many additions. Smash being popular is great until you actually need to research a specific problem.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I don't know about Sora or Ammy, but Layton and Phoenix have a good shot of making it in. I would almost be shock if at least one of them didn't make it in.
One thing I have learned is its better to be pessimitic then optimistic. If Im optimistic and they dont get in, I will be heartbroken but if Im pessimistic and they dont get in, Im ok, im not gonna be sad because I believed they would have a chance anyway. Hell, Ive already giving up hope on Layton a long time ago

Last edited:

TableCloth

Smash Cadet
Anyway that bust the Ryu switch leak

Because it claimed a Fgither pass 3 so based on this clearly it’s not happening

But I’m still have great hope for Ryu hayabusa

Yeah that leak is dead. But I do agree with you on Hayabusa. Despite what this thread may think he's basically a lock for Fighter's Pass 2 in my mind.

D

Deleted member

Has it though? Fatmanonice Fatmanonice mentioned before that Season Pass 1 was originally intended to be the end of the roster.
He never provided a source for that despite my asking several times so I think it was just speculation. That's my speculation on the matter, at least.

I was pretty confident that Fighters Pass 2 was it, so it's weird that I feel like it's bad news that Sakurai confirmed it. I'll add in that, in relation to this very Sakurai thing to say: "Adding content to this game little by little extends Smash Ultimate's life." - I think it's kind of trashy for them to be dragging out this Fighters Pass just to "extend" Ultimate's life. I guess that does confirm that we'll be waiting until the end of next year, so sorry to report xpnc xpnc we're not getting any salvation from this speculation unless Geno's really early in the pass.

Either way, I think that if Geno doesn't make it in now, it's never happening. I know "don't give up hope" and all that anime **** but the fact is, he's a one off side character from a 24 year old Mario RPG title that was almost the beginning of something great between Square and Nintendo before Yamauchi threw it all in the garbage. Ice Climbers were newer at the time of inclusion to Melee than Geno is now going into Ultimate and to quote a popular song, the years keep coming. Either I leave this speculation nonsense happy, or I leave it vindicated in my insistence of the fact that Sakurai never cared, but at least I leave the speculation nonsense.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm sorry Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , but what was Road 100 theory again?
It's not my theory but I gave a name to it. It's a theory that people have been tossing around since the fall or so that Sakurai's intention for this game was to get to 100 characters. My theory is that Sakurai is going to do this in a super cheeky way:

Currently 75 original characters
7 Echoes
7 Koopalings
1 Alph
3 Heros

Add these up and we're technically at 93 characters. From there, add:

6 Season 2 characters
1 Rumored Iwata tribute at the very end

This brings us to 100.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It's not my theory but I gave a name to it. It's a theory that people have been tossing around since the fall or so that Sakurai's intention for this game was to get to 100 characters. My theory is that Sakurai is going to do this in a super cheeky way:

Currently 75 original characters
7 Echoes
7 Koopalings
1 Alph
3 Heros

Add these up and we're technically at 93 characters. From there, add:

6 Season 2 characters
1 Rumored Iwata tribute at the very end

This brings us to 100.
Who you think the Iwata tribute could be? I think if anybody it's Balloon Fighter without a doubt. It was the first game Iwata coded for Nintendo was it not?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom