• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Anyways, I appreciate Fatmanonice Fatmanonice Fatmanonice Fatmanonice reaching out to Mandycan and confirming that yet another person heard Geno’s name. We’re getting very close to “when is Geno coming?” instead of “is Geno coming?” and it’s a nice feeling
Now, I am absolutely not in any way going to become one of those tamper your expectations people, but just use a very small bit of caution with all this, okay? Our chances are great right now, but let's not end up like Steve fanbase who had a good reason to believe their character was in but still lost out in the end.
Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled posting, Geno in, CacoMallow real, yada yada

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Well this is interesting. Crash being FP6 was a prediction huh? I feel like he REALLY shouldn't have said that publicly if it was a prediction but we'll see how it pans out. The direct confusing everybody definitely shows that you cant just fault Mandy here, though. Crash and Geno would be enough for me alongside Banjo, so I guess we'll find out if he is a liar or someone to be trusted.
Honestly, it doesn't matter if he predicted Crash or not because he is already SUPER likely. I don't think Nintendo and Sakurai would pass up Crash given he was once Sony's mascot and the N. Sane Trilogy that has also been released on the Switch has sold more than 10 million copies. To me especially with other icons from that era with Banjo & Kazooie already being in the game, it would be SUPER DUPER hard to ignore or forget about Crash since he was the mascot for the PS1. Crash's time is now!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Now, I am absolutely not in any way going to become one of those tamper your expectations people, but just use a very small bit of caution with all this, okay? Our chances are great right now, but let's not end up like Steve fanbase who had a good reason to believe their character was in but still lost out in the end.
Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled posting, Geno in, CacoMallow real, yada yada
I hate to say this, but that Steve thing was from another leaker who was hit and miss. Aside from the Direct thing, and Fatmanonice did say Directs are hard to pin down, this guy could be different, or different enough.

T2by4

Smash Lord
Screenshot_20200213-081914_PicsArt.jpg

So we got one guy saying Crash and one saying Hayabusa. Could mean they're both in, but obviously if Crash is next then Geno is in a REALLY good position regarding Mandy and the mii costume leak from a while back.

Last edited:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Check the date of my account creation. All I’ve used this website for is to support Geno in smash for over a decade. There is literally nothing that could happen that could actually disappoint or surprise me at this point. No need to worry about me getting too comfortable.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
View attachment 262169

So we got one guy saying Crash and one saying Hayabusa. Could mean they're both in, but obviously if Crash is next then Geno is in a REALLY good position regarding Mandy and the mii costume leak from a while back.
I know this is a joke, but honestly I am 100% certain Crash and Geno are 2 of the 6 slots in the Pass.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
View attachment 262169

Spoiler Alert: Only Geno is getting in Smash Bros. Ultimate. Crash gets slain by Ryu H. and Ryu H. gets cut in half by Geno.

*Verrix*

Smash Apprentice
Feel like I gotta hope for Crash even though I have zero attachment to that character. Feels weird. But for Geno it's worth it!

T2by4

Smash Lord
Spoiler Alert: Only Geno is getting in Smash Bros. Ultimate. Crash gets slain by Ryu H. and Ryu H. gets cut in half by Geno.
Now that I think about it Doomguy may have been more appropriate as Quigon given his latest circumstances.

Firox

Smash Master
View attachment 262169

Wait, so does this mean that Geno is Crash's padowan? Also, does Ryu end up impaling Crash through the chest with a lightsaber? Also, does Geno do a sick flip out of a bottomless shaft and bisect Ryu while he stands there like an idiot? These are the questions....

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
TerminalMontage TerminalMontage Alright, found 'em.
- Mallow cameo at 0:28, as Mario is BLJing through Peach's Castle and into Bowser in the Dark World, an image of Mallow can be seen in the bottom left on the wall beneath the Star Door.
View attachment 261900
- Geno cameo at 1:19, as Mario smashes through the Star Door leading towards the third floor of the castle, the Bob-Omb Battlefield painting to the left will briefly change into an image of Geno.
View attachment 261901
Pretty good! I actually forgot about that Mallow easter egg, so there is still 1 other one ;) Might be the hardest of them all.

RuffyYoshi

Smash Journeyman
If this ends up being true, then we got Ninja Gaiden, Crash and Geno coming, which is a very good lineup so far. God I hope. I REALLY wanna know who that final character is... Or if we're getting Season 3 potentially with 4 last characters to make it to 90 in total.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
At this point, I'm 95% sure Geno is in. And i'm around 80% Crash is in. But oddly enough, i'm like 40% Master Chief is in. We live in the CRAZIEST timeline.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The whole thing about Mandycan is that, yes, they have a legit source and, yes, their information cross-checks very strongly with mine but that doesn't mean they have to be 100% right all the time. Take this fabeled Direct, for example. We potentially have evidence that it has been delayed twice for some unreason. There's no control over that. There's no control over games getting cancelled. There's no control of ideas heard that never come to fruition. They're not lies even if they wind up being false. That's how intel collection works. It is what it is. If Shantae 7: Back Dat Ass Up gets delayed or even cancelled, I have no control over that and that's often a super frustrating thing about insider stuff. You very rarely get a full picture and, even if you think you do, it can wildly change or it was mistaken for something else or, oopsieabooboo, it was a misinterpretation. When I present things to you all, I try to present them EXACTLY how they were presented to me which is why I try to gather info from multiple sources before making conclusions.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
At this point, I'm 95% sure Geno is in. And i'm around 80% Crash is in. But oddly enough, i'm like 40% Master Chief is in. We live in the CRAZIEST timeline.
You mean the timeline where every veteran comes back, almost every stage, and Ridley, K. Rool, and Banjo & Kazooie are newcomers? Yep, it's absolutely the CRAZIEST timeline.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Well if we're adding additional wishlist characters, Issac and Crono.
Well Waluigi isn't anywhere near the top of my wishlist Dixie Kong is. I was saying which Nintendo characters deserve to be in Ultimate the most. Dixie Kong is long overdue just as much as K. Rool was. She was the main protagonist of Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble and co-protagonist in Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest and was the only Kong to have never been kaptured by K. Rool.

Last edited:

Turtlar

Smash Apprentice
...I just want everyone to know i didnt mean it...thats all i want. .I dont want people to hate me.. The only thing about making up with the friend here is they wont listen to you afterward..
Bye. I guess I dont belong here anymore
if i could dm you Fatmanonice Fatmanonice that would be nice. i got a few things to say
I haven't really been following the previous argument, and while I'm mostly a lurker, I would hate to see you leave. The discussions are best when we have multiple differing viewpoints, so long as everyone is being respectful.

Which should go for everyone. Look, I get that we get way more than our fair share of trolls in this thread, but can we ****ing stop with vitriol and overly agressive responses? Chasing off anyone who disagrees with the thread's current opinion is only going to make our reputation worse.

Kthxbai

*Verrix*

Smash Apprentice
Well Waluigi isn't anywhere near the top of my wishlist Dixie Kong is. I was saying which Nintendo characters deserve to be in Ultimate the most. Dixie Kong is long overdue just as much as K. Rool was. She was the main protagonist of Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble and was the only Kong to have never been kaptured by K. Rool.
Dixie very much should be in Smash, I was surprised she didn't make it into Smash 4 or Ultimate.

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
Additional Spoilers: Later on, Geno takes in Lloyd as his apprentice. Together, they fight the evil forces of Count Waluigi.

RuffyYoshi

Smash Journeyman
I looked at Fatman's latest post and saw the words 'Mandycan' and 'Shantae' in it and I went like

then I read it.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Dixie very much should be in Smash, I was surprised she didn't make it into Smash 4 or Ultimate.
I don't know why they didn't put her in Smash 4 but clearly K. Rool had the bigger crowd behind him during Smash Ballot and after. I voted for K. Rool in the Smash Ballot because he was my most wanted character, but I'm still surprise Dixie Kong still isn't in yet and I believe she deserves a slot just as much as K. Rool and Banjo & Kazooie. Steve Mayles the creator of K. Rool, Banjo & Kazooie, and Dixie Kong agrees with this as well.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It honestly kills me how secretive Six is. We've gotten to this point that it's likely not anyone commonly predicted and it'll possibly be a Mandycan situation where somehow someone definitively knew, even months ago but nobody will pay attention to it until after the fact. I can almost guarantee it will be a curve ball at this point. At least Geno's still being heard but it also adds to the frustration pile that he's likely not 6 because of everything I just said.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It honestly kills me how secretive Six is. We've gotten to this point that it's likely not anyone commonly predicted and it'll possibly be a Mandycan situation where somehow someone definitively knew, even months ago but nobody will pay attention to it until after the fact. I can almost guarantee it will be a curve ball at this point. At least Geno's still being heard but it also adds to the frustration pile that he's likely not 6 because of everything I just said.
Do you think it's impossible or not for the curveball to be a Indie character?

RuffyYoshi

Smash Journeyman
Do you think it's impossible or not for the curveball to be a Indie character?
I'm getting a sense that Nintendo is outright barring indies from being full fledged fighters... The best they can have is the premium costume. Which is unfortunate considering there are numerous who would be really cool. Shantae is my personal pick.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm getting a sense that Nintendo is outright barring indies from being full fledged fighters... The best they can have is the premium costume. Which is unfortunate considering there are numerous who would be really cool. Shantae is my personal pick.
Shantae is my personal Indie pick too. She is getting Totaku and Funko POP figures really soon and it's weird how this Shantae merchandise is coming out of nowhere. It reminds me of all the Banjo-Kazooie merchandise that came out last year up until E3 before they were revealed for Smash. I think it could be too soon to say they're pushing her for Smash, but they're definitely pushing the Shantae brand hard right now if anything with Seven Sirens coming up.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
The deeper I dig the worse evidence gets for indies. Again, as a Shantae fan, that really sucks but, at the same time, I try to avoid the common mistake of disregarding stuff just because I don't personally like it.
Do you think there is a chance that Shantae will get a Mii costume at least? I'll take that over nothing or a Spirit at this point.

Last edited:

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
Shantae is the best indie pick in my humble opinion just for the soundtrack alone.
Plus, she has history with Nintendo, the least they could do is give her a premium mii swordfighter costume based of Shantae and the Pirate's Curse, accompanied with a Burning Town remix.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
FP 6 is just fascinating. It's either a third party character who's company is good at keeping the news locked down OR can be a Nintendo character since it is one less party involved.

Interesting times we are in. It really feels like Nintendo has pushed the Direct for Reasons. I am curious if something will quickly get announced since we still have Sakurai's interview saying he will talk about the next pass characters ... which logically would be talking about Number 6. If that is the case ... could a direct happen early next week?

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
If it is such a well kept secret, it might very well be first party again, which would lend credence to your waluigi guess.

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
My top 3 Character Requests were Geno, Crash, and Master Chief. It's kinda surreal that all 3 getting in isn't even that much of a stretch anymore

TriggerX

Smash Ace
Well if there’s some truth behind Fatmanonice and Mandycans dialogue sounds like it would be great news.
Crash and Geno two characters Id actually love to see.
As for that last character Im just hoping it alludes to Sora. From the sound of it it almost seems like a high profile character that may have been back and forth through negotiations or negotiations being unlikely.

It’s a long reach from a few words, but if I get Sora and Geno in Ultimate, it’s gonna be hard for me to want to move on to the next game if it doesn’t offer the same.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
FP 6 is just fascinating. It's either a third party character who's company is good at keeping the news locked down OR can be a Nintendo character since it is one less party involved.

Interesting times we are in. It really feels like Nintendo has pushed the Direct for Reasons. I am curious if something will quickly get announced since we still have Sakurai's interview saying he will talk about the next pass characters ... which logically would be talking about Number 6. If that is the case ... could a direct happen early next week?
That’s what I’m thinking too. It’ll be a general direct with info on Animal Crossing New Horizons, Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition (AT LEAST GIVE US A RELEASE DATE PLEASEEEEE), any other new games and/or surprise info on Bayo 3 or MP4 or Pikmin 4 idk, then a FP6 teaser.

famitsu releases every Thursday so that also lends credence I’d think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom