• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I'll be attending CEO Dreamland! If any of the Genobros here play comp and will be heading in don't be afraid to say hello!

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
LMAO. That's a way of the calling them, alright. As of a matter of fact, let me turn the music up for that reveal:

Speaking, it's anyone expectant of Byleth being released tomorrow? As time goes by, Geno could happen sooner so there's that, right~?

:bowser:.
I, for one, am looking forward to testing out Byleth with my brother. Also finding out what the new balance patch notes are.

My first post in awhile since I had the sick. Getting better now, and just in time for Byleth. Can't wait to hit people with down b while online!

WeirdAlFan101

Smash Apprentice
I legit think it'd have to be Waluigi or no one. It greatly depends on when FP2 was picked. Waluigi could get a Bonus DLC treatment like Piranha Plant though after seeing the fan outcry of the injustice after he was shown as an Assist Trophy.
Personally, if an AT did get promoted, I think that while Waluigi would be a top contender, he'd have some tough competition with Camelot's other boy. Isaac being revealed as an AT got just as much backlash, if not more, because he was held out until the final pre-release Direct.

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
Friendly reminder that he also wanted Takamaru and Mach Rider playable as well.
So does Geno, what's is your ****ing point?
See? You're just throwing those kind of sentences to say "Yeaaaaah.. but **** geno."
I’m sorry that people share opposing viewpoints every once in awhile on this thread.

Also, you continue to claim “FAN THEORY!!!!” for Spirits, but you are all 0-5 so far. (0-6 if you count Piranha Plant)
Opposing Viewpoints are ok, what is NOT okay is forcing your viewpoint on others, All I've seen so far is you quoting fatman and other geno supporters to absolutely critiq their viewpoints while throwing yours like a fact.

Also yeah, Spirits are a Fan Theory UNTIL IT HAPPENS. Cuz bro, There's no way that's a rule for Sakurai, if he ends up adding a character that's also a Spirit, is because he wanted to add a Character, not to break "that rule" same to the opposite, if he doens't add a character that is a spirit, it's not because said character is a spirit only, there's a bunch of other factors that determine if said character could/should/would be added by Sakurai,.

Things like seeking for Rules in this game is stupid, nothing is garanteed. (Yeah, even geno, but This is THE GENO THREAD. What do you expect?)

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I'll be attending CEO Dreamland! If any of the Genobros here play comp and will be heading in don't be afraid to say hello!

I was considering CEO Dreamland but I'll probably wont be entering any events this year. (Unless something changes) I am just getting back into it with baby steps first. Locals the and likes.

I'll return to Florida someday though.

Best of luck! I got a killer painted canvas of Geno at Daytona last dummer from a really awesome vendor. I definitely recommend their business.

Attachments

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
OK...let me try something crazy here.

For everyone who DOES NOT see Geno as a lock, please like this status.
That¨s just philosophy as a whole. You can see the bread crumbs (I mean, just look at my comments of the lack of spirits for Three Houses months back) but you can never be for certain until you actually have it on paper (see Asstral Chain ending up as spirits later on)

Last edited:

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
That¨s just philosophy as a whole. You can see the bread crumbs (I mean, just look at my comments of the lack of spirits for Three Houses months back) but you can never be for certain until you actually have it on paper.
Yeah, I never use the word lock to refer to any character that hasn't been straight confirmed by Sakurai or Nintendo. Even Inkling (whom were the likeliest of likely newcomers in all of Smash history) I still avoided calling a lock because sometimes their decisions can be rather surprising. There was still probably no way in hell Nintendo was ever gonna let Sakurai get away without including Inkling, but even then, there still is always the slight possibility that it somehow didn't work out.
I consider Geno to be rather likely (I'd even go so far as to say he's probably the most likely character to get into FP2) but even then his chances hover around 70-75% for my certainty on his inclusion.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
My whole thing is that doing this over and over again gets old. I don't see Geno fans going into other Square threads and being like "okay guys, lower your expectations. Here's all the reasons Geno's going to be picked over Cactaur." I don't see raids in other character support threads. I see threads on Gamefaqs and 4chan where people unironically argue that the only reason to support Geno is "pure autism." I see regulars publicly announce in this thread that they're leaving the site because of how toxic detractors are.

Like I pointed out yesterday, the cherry picking gets old too. "If Geno's so popular, why isn't he in yet?" It took 20 years for Ridley to get in... "That doesn't count." "Geno's not important enough to get in." (presents a literal potted plant) "That doesn't count." "Not enough people would recognize him." (Sakurai outright says being fun to play is more important than being recognized by everyone in Terry's presentation.) "That doesn't count." There's so many examples of this where literally any positive is not allowed to be a positive. Sakurai literally singled Geno out to talk about how cool he think he is, how much people like him, and how great he would be in Smash. "Well, uh, Sakurai could totally change his mind." In what event? Geno comes to life and kills his cat? Holy ****... The Geno fanbase isn't allowed to have literally anything and when you turn the tables, people can barely keep it together. That's the crippling irony of it.

>There's currently no public plans for Kingdom Hearts games on Nintendo platforms.

>"Y-you don't know that! Why... I-I bet Square is going to announce Mushroom Kingdom Hearts a-any day now! Just you wait and see! By the way, spirits deconfirm, lulz."

>Nier nor Drakengard has ever had any presence on Nintendo platforms.

>"T-that doesn't matter. Nevermind every third party company and franchise in Smash has had a decent presence on Nintendo platforms before getting in whether its games, ports, or exclusives, 2B will be the exception because Sakurai thinks her game is cool."

Like I said yesterday, you practically have to take a plane to fly around some of these counter arguments and yet, like shown above, people still do it. The simple reality is that if Geno's chances suck despite everything, so are any other Square characters' and this is when the sags in people's masks start to show and you see for yourself that most people are not being totally genuine in their detractions. If they were, they would agree on this simple point but most of these people will hogtie themselves to their Square character of choice and the cycle repeats. Point out positive things Sakurai himself has said about Geno and people blow it off but point out sharp blows against Kos-Mos, Travis, and Arle from their own creators and people start convulsing and coughing up blood. Once again, it gets old.

Last edited:

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
I want Geno to be a playable character. He has a gun for a hand, and I think he fits in really well with Smash. During Brawl, I thought it would be great if Sakurai could add him, but in the end it didn’t become a reality.
1580214440697.png

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
My whole thing is that doing this over and over again gets old. I don't see Geno fans going into other Square threads and being like "okay guys, lower your expectations. Here's all the reasons Geno's going to be picked over Cactaur." I don't see raids in other character support threads. I see threads on Gamefaqs and 4chan where people unironically argue that the only reason to support Geno is "pure autism." I see regulars publicly announce in this thread that they're leaving the site because of how toxic detractors are.

Like I pointed out yesterday, the cherry picking gets old too. "If Geno's so popular, why isn't he in yet?" It took 20 years for Ridley to get in... "That doesn't count." "Geno's not important enough to get in." (presents a literal potted plant) "That doesn't count." "Not enough people would recognize him." (Sakurai outright says being fun to play is more important than being recognized by everyone in Terry's presentation.) "That doesn't count." There's so many examples of this where literally any positive is not allowed to be a positive. Sakurai literally singled Geno out to talk about how cool he think he is, how much people like him, and how great he would be in Smash. "Well, uh, Sakurai could totally change his mind." In what event? Geno comes to life and kills his cat? Holy ****... The Geno fanbase isn't allowed to have literally anything and when you turn the tables, people can barely keep it together. That's the crippling irony of it.

>There's currently no public plans for Kingdom Hearts games on Nintendo platforms.

>"Y-you don't know that! Why... I-I bet Square is going to announce Mushroom Kingdom Hearts a-any day now! Just you wait and see! By the way, spirits deconfirm, lulz."

>"T-that doesn't matter. Nevermind every third party company and franchise in Smash has had a decent presence on Nintendo platforms before getting in whether its games, ports, or exclusives, 2B will be the exception because Sakurai thinks her game is cool."

Like I said yesterday, you practically have to take a plane to fly around some of these counter arguments and yet, like shown above, people still do it. The simple reality is that if Geno's chances suck despite everything, so are any other Square characters' and this is when the sags in people's masks start to show and you see for yourself that most people are not being totally genuine in their detractions. If they were, they would agree on this simple point but most of these people will hogtie themselves to their Square character of choice and the cycle repeats. Point out positive things Sakurai himself has said about Geno and people blow it off but point out sharp blows against Kos-Mos, Travis, and Arle from their own creators and people start convulsing and coughing up blood. Once again, it gets old.
****ing thank you, I'm not even all in on the whole "Geno for Smash" thing (though I am interested) and even I think this constant goalpost moving and double standards circus act is bull****

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It’s Byleth day, everyone, meaning that character greets released today! Hopefully, Geno will have his time to shine and be playable sometime after.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
My whole thing is that doing this over and over again gets old. I don't see Geno fans going into other Square threads and being like "okay guys, lower your expectations. Here's all the reasons Geno's going to be picked over Cactaur." I don't see raids in other character support threads. I see threads on Gamefaqs and 4chan where people unironically argue that the only reason to support Geno is "pure autism."
Having Autism myself, I absolutely hate it when people use it online as a symbol of stupidity and dumb jokes. People like that who think we are nothing but objects with no minds ain't human at all. GameFaqs and especially 4chan are ungodly wastelands of toxic waste.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Having Autism myself, I absolutely hate it when people use it online as a symbol of stupidity and dumb jokes. People like that who think we are nothing but objects with no minds ain't human at all. GameFaqs and especially 4chan are ungodly wastelands of toxic waste.
Agreed. I happen to be autistic myself, and I am far more capable than what a fool thinks any autistic person can do when they use that word. It is sad that people use such words without proper knowledge of what it actually means to be something like being autistic.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Agreed. I happen to be autistic myself, and I am far more capable than what a fool thinks any autistic person can do when they use that word. It is sad that people use such words without proper knowledge of what it actually means to be something like being autistic.
People like that who assume instead of properly looking into who we are and what we can really do are arrogant ********.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It's incredibly ****ty and I'm tired of it because people act like it's totally okay to say things like this. "Autistic" is the new R word and if you use it as an insult, congratulations, you're a terrible person. Again, I've seen threads of people basically having roundtable discussions as if they're remaking "Gorillas in the ****ing Mist" and unironically being "astute" and "pragmatic" in their observations. "A Geno fan? Autistic, obviously" and then watch as these conversations roll on without a single objection or someone having the balls to say "hey, cut that **** out; that's not cool." People then come here and then act like we're totally unaware of this even when people oh so courteously post links to threads on other sites of people explosively ****ting all over us, even by regulars in this thread who don't even bother trying to cover up dunking on their own fanbase in the open. Again, it gets old when people are weirdly terrible, weirdly open and proud about it, and we're just supposed to be okay with it. Yeah, I get doxx and death threats and I'm the one that needs to grow up and get a grip; right, right... Okay, I think I've got it out of me for now but, Jesus, it's gets sooooooo old.

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord

This "Beware the Forest's Mushrooms" remix is an oldie but a goodie, and it makes me wish Smash Ultimate could include fan remixes among its music.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Ah yes, Ayumi Tachibana, the absolute juggernaut of Smash speculation. A Japanese exclusive who has virtually no demand and last major appearance was in 1997. Her and Geno are literally the same... How the hell are we actually having these arguments?
True. But to be fair Famicom Detective Club is getting a remake on the Switch this year though. Though Ayumi and her game isn't well known outside of Japan, I would find her interesting as a Smash character if she got in.

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord

It doesn't help that it's usually the same 5 to 8 people always playing devil's advocate against Geno (and sometimes turning into contradictory for the sake of being contradictory). They always have to be a 'Yea, buuuuuuuut. .....' when any degree of good news about Geno comes up. And when someone counters Geno, or hounds you on your speculations or does a finger-wag shame-on-you 'You must be the bigger person in these discussions' spiel towards the Geno fanbase, it's always the same 5 or so people liking those posts and only those posts.

There does appear to be a different set of rules with how people should feel about other characters and about Geno. I've lurked here for awhile before signing up and one of the mindsets I got from this thread from some people is that it feels like Geno fans always have to be on their best behaviors. Always be welcoming regardless of what posts come in, be happy for other fanbases when they get their character, don't be negative about other characters (it's not even about going into those character threads and saying it, people reprimand if there's any negative comments to a character), be polite to anyone asking, sometimes asking rudely too, why people should want Geno, and continue being polite even when it's very clear that they have no interest in caring and are just trolling (maybe when a 'new' user has 30 posts in a row that amount to 'Yea, but,' then perhaps they aren't here for actual discussion) and every fan is a representation of the fanbase so always be a good example.

If he gets in, he gets in. If he doesn't, he doesn't. Simple as that. But the people playing hype police and reprimanding Geno fans for being obsessive about him getting in are just as obsessive about him not getting in. There's like a constant vigilance of people over this thread to see if anyone here steps out of line so they can rush in and reprimand the thread's actions, and I'm not talking about the mods. I was even tattled on and it got posted into another character thread.

And, in the end, all these character threads here are support threads, people hoping their fan favorite are getting in. So while counter arguments are fine and can be useful, people need to stop acting surprised that fans in these types of threads are going to be supportive of a character. And then the sheer irony of them complaining that it's an echo chamber. They are SUPPORT threads; what did you THINK was going to be the general tone of these threads?

Super10ZX

Smash Journeyman
I guess I should give a better introduction to you guys then what happened last night. Hi, happy I was able to somewhat stop... that. Don’t expect me to really post in here much at all.

Geno has a really good shot this time, and I’m hoping it’s finally time the star spirit possessing a puppet makes his way into Smash. You guys have my support!

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
I guess I should give a better introduction to you guys then what happened last night. Hi, happy I was able to somewhat stop... that. Don’t expect me to really post in here much at all.

Geno has a really good shot this time, and I’m hoping it’s finally time the star spirit possessing a puppet makes his way into Smash. You guys have my support!
Apologies that your introduction had to be near *ahem* that, but welcome aboard!

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Apologies that your introduction had to be near *ahem* that, but welcome aboard!
If anything, this was probably the best way to set expectations to what this thread will inevitably be like lol.

But Welcome, new Geno supporters are always very much appreciated!

Datboigeno

Smash Lord

It's incredibly ****ty and I'm tired of it because people act like it's totally okay to say things like this. "Autistic" is the new R word and if you use it as an insult, congratulations, you're a terrible person. Again, I've seen threads of people basically having roundtable discussions as if they're remaking "Gorillas in the ****ing Mist" and unironically being "astute" and "pragmatic" in their observations. "A Geno fan? Autistic, obviously" and then watch as these conversations roll on without a single objection or someone having the balls to say "hey, cut that **** out; that's not cool." People then come here and then act like we're totally unaware of this even when people oh so courteously post links to threads on other sites of people explosively ****ting all over us, even by regulars in this thread who don't even bother trying to cover up dunking on their own fanbase in the open. Again, it gets old when people are weirdly terrible, weirdly open and proud about it, and we're just supposed to be okay with it. Yeah, I get doxx and death threats and I'm the one that needs to grow up and get a grip; right, right... Okay, I think I've got it out of me for now but, Jesus, it's gets sooooooo old.
It doesn't help that it's usually the same 5 to 8 people always playing devil's advocate against Geno (and sometimes turning into contradictory for the sake of being contradictory). They always have to be a 'Yea, buuuuuuuut. .....' when any degree of good news about Geno comes up. And when someone counters Geno, or hounds you on your speculations or does a finger-wag shame-on-you 'You must be the bigger person in these discussions' spiel towards the Geno fanbase, it's always the same 5 or so people liking those posts and only those posts.

There does appear to be a different set of rules with how people should feel about other characters and about Geno. I've lurked here for awhile before signing up and one of the mindsets I got from this thread from some people is that it feels like Geno fans always have to be on their best behaviors. Always be welcoming regardless of what posts come in, be happy for other fanbases when they get their character, don't be negative about other characters (it's not even about going into those character threads and saying it, people reprimand if there's any negative comments to a character), be polite to anyone asking, sometimes asking rudely too, why people should want Geno, and continue being polite even when it's very clear that they have no interest in caring and are just trolling (maybe when a 'new' user has 30 posts in a row that amount to 'Yea, but,' then perhaps they aren't here for actual discussion) and every fan is a representation of the fanbase so always be a good example.

If he gets in, he gets in. If he doesn't, he doesn't. Simple as that. But the people playing hype police and reprimanding Geno fans for being obsessive about him getting in are just as obsessive about him not getting in. There's like a constant vigilance of people over this thread to see if anyone here steps out of line so they can rush in and reprimand the thread's actions, and I'm not talking about the mods. I was even tattled on and it got posted into another character thread.

And, in the end, all these character threads here are support threads, people hoping their fan favorite are getting in. So while counter arguments are fine and can be useful, people need to stop acting surprised that fans in these types of threads are going to be supportive of a character. And then the sheer irony of them complaining that it's an echo chamber. They are SUPPORT threads; what did you THINK was going to be the general tone of these threads?
8CF40AD0-EC76-4F7E-B585-84D792B9D45D.gif

Thank you guys for saying this. I was going to post these exact points yesterday. The bad faith debating and hypocrisy that goes on in this thread on a daily basis from people who are very obviously biased against this character is really something else. As is the concern trolling and the painting of the Geno fanbase with big negative strokes anytime we point out the double standards. Part of me has wanted to try going into other character support threads to half heartedly discuss the character in question and then at every opportunity bring up how things are bad for that character and good for Geno. But I think we all know exactly what would happen. It’s all so tiresome.

Also yeah, ableism is as ****ty as racism and homophobia. Straight up. And for people to be cool with that being directed at this fanbase and this thread in particular yet come in to regularly participate and often talk down “how the thread is acting” feels so incredibly two-faced.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
A lot of my beef and grief stems from people saying how terrible and toxic the Geno fanbase is when really it's quite the opposite. The Geno fanbase hasn't led campaigns to harass major developers about Smash to the point that said developers have publicly begged them to stop. The Geno fanbase hasn't led campaigns that have lasted months and are specifically dedicated to harassing specific fanbases. The Geno fanbase hasn't tried to get entire sites shut down to express their grievances. The Geno fanbase hasn't sent death and dox threats to insiders for casting doubt on their favorite character coming to Smash. Chances are you know damn well which fanbases I'm talking about in each and every single one of these examples.

I will tell you some things the Geno fanbase has done though. The Geno fanbase have been some of the main modders and programmers for Smash fan games like Crusade, Legacy, and Project M. The Geno fanbase is filled to the brim with talented animators and musicians. The Geno fanbase helped push Nintendo to rerelease SMRPG three times in 11 years and the game to be released in Europe for the very first time. The Geno fanbase created Operation: Starfall to help persuade Nintendo to do more with the original SMRPG characters. Papagenos is one of the leading commentators in Smash speculation. Terminal Montage is one of the most popular animators on YouTube. Don't even get me started on artwork. If anything, the Geno fanbase is amazing and its resilience downright admirable given the scores of examples of ways we could be supremely ****ty like other Smash fanbases that will go unmentioned.

Again, I love the Geno fanbase and think it kicks ass and am sticking with it until the end like I promised years and years ago. ****ers can die mad and envious because, even if Geno never gets in, they will never have what we have or been willing to put up with so much bull**** like this fanbase has. Once again, if Geno gets in, there will be no survivors. Documentation for detractors and haters is enormous and these will serve beautifully as epitaphs. Am I telling Geno fans to be ****ty? No, quite the opposite. Just wait it out and you won't even have to lift a finger because the confirmation would be enough. The Dunk of Decade™ will be televised and its now just a matter of letting things take their natural course.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
So FP2 goes on sale today, and we still don’t know who the first character of it will be. Good job Nintendo. I mean it’s not like the last character revealed received a lot of negativity or anything.

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Isaac being revealed as an AT got just as much backlash, if not more, because he was held out until the final pre-release Direct.
While I enjoyed the second GBA title, I was never under the impression that Golden Sun was that popular of a franchise. Is it actually? Don't get me wrong, I think he'd be a fun-ass character to play, but I still don't see the backlash compared to Waluigi or the amount of people wanting so many other characters. I really don't think he has a chance and simply getting an AT was surprising (to me at least). I've also only seen people really talking about him since his AT reveal.

PS: The backlash could have also been caused by Grinch Leak expectations and the final direct being GOD AWFUL. Kencineroar being the final 2, Spirits being a very underwhelming mode overall (do people even give a crap about Spirits anymore? Did they ever?), I mean they even filled that direct with things like SOUND OPTIONS.

Also yeah, Spirits are a Fan Theory UNTIL IT HAPPENS. Cuz bro, There's no way that's a rule for Sakurai
I think the reason for Spirits initially was to push characters that weren't in the game as Base/FP1. That theory held true specifically for that time period. Now that FP2 is here, I don't see why pre-FP2 Spirits wouldn't be considered.

Anyone still thinking Spirits = autodeconfirrm, consider this: Geno had a PLAYABLE Mii costume prior to his Spirit. Now he doesn't have even that. If you were a game dev, surely you would see that a Mii costume is >>>>>>>>>> a freaking JPEG for fans of that character. Even an Assist Trophy is better. How anyone can think Geno is deconfirmed because of his Spirit is beyond me. Deconfirmed for Base/FP1? Sure. Deconfirmed for all of SSBU? No, why?

Literally everything you said here. It baffles me that people can intentionally turn a blind eye to counterpoints because they just don't want it to be real.

+1. Asperger's here; drives me nuts too. Strangely I never cared when people called things gay or used f@ggot as a general insult though (also gay, hi), but Autism/Sperg just annoys me. I don't mind "Ree" at all though, as I use it ironically when I'm annoyed (online only, not in public).

I don't get where the sudden hate for Autism came from. Hell, I mostly keep to myself anyway (because I'm so awkward in public at times).

So FP2 goes on sale today, and we still don’t know who the first character of it will be. Good job Nintendo. I mean it’s not like the last character revealed received a lot of negativity or anything.
Yes hi, this is the Geno thread. Why is this here? Seems better suited as a blog post or a tweet.

A lot of my beef and grief stems from people saying how terrible and toxic the Geno fanbase is when really it's quite the opposite.
+1 to all of this as well (the entire post; I didn't want to repost the entire thing). While every fanbase has their extremists, I legit haven't seen any extreme Geno fans doing crazy and stupid things like I've seen others.

PS: Speaking of PapaGenos in your post, I'm glad his bait reaction to Byleth was in fact bait. Very uncharacteristic of him and it makes a lot more sense because man did he go on way too long of a rant (not that I disliked him after that or anything, just glad it was fake instead of real so hopefully others don't hate him for it).

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
****ing thank you, I'm not even all in on the whole "Geno for Smash" thing (though I am interested) and even I think this constant goalpost moving and double standards circus act is bull****
Amen, Reverend. I too was getting ready to projectile vomit with how much circular reasoning and hand-waving that was going on. "Goalpost moving" was a perfect way to describe it. There's just no reasoning with some people.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
tenor (6).gif

Probably the best visual representation of the months leading up to Hero's confirmation and release. "Geno's going to be one of Erdrick's Mii costumes; cope and seethe, Genof**s."

>Geno is MIA from Hero's pack and still MIA 6 months later.

"... Geno's going to be one of Sora's/2B's PREMIUM Mii costumes; cope and seethe, Genof**s."

Last edited:

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
I could've sworn I remember some people saying Geno's costume being absent from Hero's presentation would make him pretty likely (keep in mind, this was prior to Hero's presentation) the idea that it wouldn't was so far fetched that people felt confident saying that but the goal posts moved because it became reality. People also said that Geno had a lot of evidence but they didn't think he'd be in the pass for typical reasons (already a Square character, a spirit, etc.) More DLC is announced but then nothing changed, everyone is still spouting the same BS they always did. It's getting to the point that if Geno is revealed that I think they'd still try to find a way to move the goalposts lol.

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Probably the best visual representation of the months leading up to Hero's confirmation and release. "Geno's going to be one of Erdrick's Mii costumes; cope and seethe, Genof**s."

"... Geno's going to be one of Sora's/2B's PREMIUM Mii costumes; cope and seethe, Genof**s."
I don't like ****ting on others' picks, but I wouldn't be sad to see Sora get a Mii costume (especially if it would be in Geno's pack). In fact, I'd be very pleased and laugh at the haters.

I could've sworn I remember some people saying Geno's costume being absent from Hero's presentation would make him pretty likely
I mean the fact that he has this Uncanny Dodge trait every DLC pack in FP1 (and base) just pushes him to more and more likely. It makes no sense that we didn't get the Sm4sh costume (or an updated one) with Hero's pack if they're just bringing him back as a costume again.

PS: Yes, that was an unnecessary D&D reference.

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
View attachment 259971

And here's a visual representation of how the more extreme Geno detractors will react if/when Geno becomes playable...

... minus Geno fans DESTROYING US ALL to make it happen... that's Sakurai's job.:4pacman:

Firox

Smash Master
I don't like ****ting on others' picks, but I wouldn't be sad to see Sora get a Mii costume (especially if it would be in Geno's pack). In fact, I'd be very pleased and laugh at the haters.
While I can understand the vengeance some might feel towards the haters and the Sora fans, I'm going to be honest here. Nintendo is not going to sell their soul to Disney for one measly Mii costume. If Sora gets into Smash Bros, it's going to be as a playable character. Period. I'm 99% sure that it's going to be all or nothing. Either Sora gets in as a fighter or we won't see him in any way, shape or form. I sincerely doubt there will be anything in between. That said, Geno is still looking objectively more likely.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
While I can understand the vengeance some might feel towards the haters and the Sora fans, I'm going to be honest here. Nintendo is not going to sell their soul to Disney for one measly Mii costume. If Sora gets into Smash Bros, it's going to be as a playable character. Period. I'm 99% sure that it's going to be all or nothing. Either Sora gets in as a fighter or we won't see him in any way, shape or form. I sincerely doubt there will be anything in between. That said, Geno is still looking objectively more likely.
Oh I wasn't denying that, I'd just like to see it happen after all the crap Geno fans have been put through by people like Sora fans (or "more FF7 fans").

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

I mean the fact that he has this Uncanny Dodge trait every DLC pack in FP1 (and base) just pushes him to more and more likely. It makes no sense that we didn't get the Sm4sh costume (or an updated one) with Hero's pack if they're just bringing him back as a costume again.

PS: Yes, that was an unnecessary D&D reference.
I don't. People are probably going to be ****ty towards us in the hypothetical aftermath and I'd prefer not to have that fuel added to the fire. Again, the confirmation would be enough, especially if it winds up being an E3 reveal. Any popular Square characters being Mii costumes would just be overkill. Being one of the last reveals of Ultimate after 20 years of waiting and being considered good enough to be one of the first 100 playable characters in Smash would be enough.

tenor (7).gif

Last edited:

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Oh I wasn't denying that, I'd just like to see it happen after all the crap Geno fans have been put through by people like Sora fans (or "more FF7 fans").
I don't think that's entirely fair. Considering how many people do that to us, I don't think it's wise to paint Sora's fans with the same brush. Are there assholes within? Absolutely! Are said assholes insufferable? You betcha! But at the end of the day I imagine we can all get along as fanbases. Incidentally, geno would fit right in kingdom hearts

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I don't. People are probably going to be ****ty towards us in the hypothetical aftermath and I'd prefer not to have that fuel added to the fire. Again, the confirmation would be enough, especially if it winds up being an E3 reveal. Any popular Square characters being Mii costumes would just be overkill. Being one of the last reveals of Ultimate after 20 years of waiting and being considered good enough to be one of the first 100 playable characters in Smash would be enough.
Fair, and totally true. I just want him in; I don't need the added benefit of the DLC-equivalent of "dabbing on the haters", but I wouldn't be disappointed to see it.

I just don't get the massive hostility for Geno, a character that is well-liked by both fans and main creator of the game, and has history with Nintendo, vs someone like Sora, who has some non-mainline games on the platform but generally has no history with Nintendo whatsoever (and the hurdles to overcome getting Sora in Smash would be ridiculously harder to cross than Geno since Geno literally has "been" in Smash during both Sm4sh and Ultimate).

I don't think that's entirely fair. Considering how many people do that to us, I don't think it's wise to paint Sora's fans with the same brush. Are there assholes within? Absolutely! Are said assholes insufferable? You betcha! But at the end of the day I imagine we can all get along as fanbases. Incidentally, geno would fit right in kingdom hearts
Not saying they're all bad. There's plenty of good ones (hell PapaGenos is one of them). I do think the very vocal ones need to take a sec and chill though, especially stop hating on other popular picks (especially Square-related ones). Sora's fanbase is arguably the largest/most vocal compared to others.

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
While I completely understand where you guys are coming from, I suggest we move on from this topic.

Ranting about this idiotic crowd of people for an entire page only gives them exactly what they want.

INB4 some basement-dwelling 4chan user who only has the "balls" to use slurs on the internet screenshots some posts from this thread and says "cope and seethe" or some dumbass **** like that.

See where i'm going with this? Best to not give it too much attention.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
In the spirit of moving on, lemme ask an even more divisive question
Are the orange ribbons coming out of Geno's hat his hair or is Geno bald?
I say it's hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom