• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
<Snipped pic of Geno, Arle, Doomguy, Bandana Waddle Dee, Dante, and Crash>
Even though I only care about one of those six characters, I would absolutely love this pack. Little bit of everything for everyone (and as an added bonus for me, doesn't have any of the characters I'd rather not see).

Edit: Forgot Waluigi as a bonus. Also yes. I'd be so happy for the Internet and Waluigi. Even though I don't *really* care if he's in or not, it's just an injustice Nintendo needs to stop doing.

Last edited:

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Challenger Pack = the name of the DLC packs. Fighter's Pass = the season pass.
Are they saying Crash is going to be DLC 7 (Challenger Pack 2 of FP 2) or accidentally messed up and meant to say "First Fighter's Pass" instead?
Also sorry if this is ignorant, but who the heck is that person?
I am sure they probably meant both, since there is nothing after the fifth character in the first Fighters' pack, anyway. So that should mean he is coming in the Season 2 Fighter Pack overall.

As for the other question, read below as I respond to Malo Mart.

Not sure how credible they are but I guess I'll keep that in mind
They said Mortal Kombat 11 stuff would be at the VGAs of last year, which apparently, there was. They also said no reveal, possibly Smash reveal at the same event, which, if it was Smash, was correct.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
Yo, I'm back! I just felt the need to take a break after the incoming Byleth ****storm. Tell the truth, I actually hate talking about Fire Emblem reps in Smash, not because I dislike them or their series or anything (if anything, I'm mostly neutral about them), but because discussions of this topic tend to bring out the worst in the Smash fanbase from my experience. Of course, most people here are pretty chill, but I didn't wanna take the risk, y'know?

Whatever though, I'll just let Byleth come and go. Not exactly excited about them, but I'm sure they'll be neat and I'll give'em a chance and yadda yadda. I'm way more interested in Fighter Pass 2 right now. I even made a mock up of what it could be for funsies, trying to mix my personal biases with picks that can appeal to a broad audience. Gonna be debatable how realistic it is, but I'd be pretty happy with it anyway. Any thoughts?

View attachment 258791
yes i just had to sneak waluigi in there lmao

I never even play Conker's Bad Fur Day, but I need this so much AAAAAAAHHHH
Welcome back my dude! and that's a solid line up you got there not gonna lie

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Even though I only care about one of those six characters, I would absolutely love this pack. Little bit of everything for everyone (and as an added bonus for me, doesn't have any of the characters I'd rather not see).

Edit: Forgot Waluigi as a bonus. Also yes. I'd be so happy for the Internet and Waluigi. Even though I don't *really* care if he's in or not, it's just an injustice Nintendo needs to stop doing.
Oh yeah. I think most people would be pleased with at least one pick or another, and like half of them would make the internet explode as well. Nice that y'all seem to like the idea too.

I am sure they probably meant both, since there is nothing after the fifth character in the first Fighters' pack, anyway. So that should mean he is coming in the Season 2 Fighter Pack overall.

As for the other question, read below as I respond to Malo Mart.

They said Mortal Kombat 11 stuff would be at the VGAs of last year, which apparently, there was. They also said no reveal, possibly Smash reveal at the same event, which, if it was Smash, was correct.
Ah interesting. I'm still trying to take words of leakers with a grain of salt, but like I said, something to keep in mind.

Welcome back my dude! and that's a solid line up you got there not gonna lie
Thanks!

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Ah interesting. I'm still trying to take words of leakers with a grain of salt, but like I said, something to keep in mind.
Go ahead, but aside from that, I hear this person has a spotless, or near spotless record in leaking things. Not that it should make you take them with more than a grain of salt, but just saying.

Team Scorpion

Smash Cadet
I freely admit I really have no idea who or what Geno is outside of knowing he's from Super Mario RPG and, for some reason, wants in a game despite not appearing in 20+ years. I know people have their reasons and that's cool. However. I couldn't mind chuckle at this:

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Say guys, what would be the odds of a Direct happening in the first full weak of February, anyway?

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
If Geno is in fact coming to Smash in this new fighters pass, when do you guys think is most likely to expect him? I was thinking E3 before but I think they might go with another Internet nuking character like Master Chief or Crash Bandicoot as those are western blockbusters. However I really like that idea going around that Geno is fighter #77 (It really fits him well).

D

Deleted member

If Geno is in fact coming to Smash in this new fighters pass, when do you guys think is most likely to expect him? I was thinking E3 before but I think they might go with another Internet nuking character like Master Chief or Crash Bandicoot as those are western blockbusters. However I really like that idea going around that Geno is fighter #77 (It really fits him well).
Definitely E3. Nintendo definitely knows it will be a big reveal.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
I feel as though he'll be sooner than later (76-78), Nintendo likes front loading reveals, so it makes sense they'd have a longtime request revealed early on

RuffyYoshi

Smash Journeyman
If a Direct is this/next week, we very likely won't. 2 weeks between DLC 5 reveal and 6 reveal seems so unlikely to me, which is why I'm guesstimating that the direct will be in Feb. Gives us a few weeks post-Byleth release, ~a month after his reveal, to reveal DLC 6, giving us about 2~3 months (April/May) for DLC 6's release. Then 7 revealed at E3 and 8 at late Q3/early Q4 direct. Pattern will recycle for 2021 as well.

I just do not see a January direct anymore based on the time. It's too soon to already get a new reveal, especially when BYLETH HASN'T EVEN RELEASED YET FROM THE FIRST FP.

Challenger Pack = the name of the DLC packs. Fighter's Pass = the season pass.
Are they saying Crash is going to be DLC 7 (Challenger Pack 2 of FP 2) or accidentally messed up and meant to say "First Fighter's Pass" instead?
Also sorry if this is ignorant, but who the heck is that person?

PS: Except for just before a reveal, the order of characters has been thrown out the wazoo, so even if Crash is in, I'd take the tweet with a lot of salt.
Guy so far has a perfect track record when it comes to predictions and is the only leaker who said who Fighter 5 was outright. They're also not super precise with names, like calling the sakurai demo a 'direct' and the fighter's pass 'challenger pack', but he's basically saying Crash is the next fighter in line, meaning 6th. Check out his twitter history, all his tweets became true.

Springwood Slasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
5791 9674 3792
I feel as though he'll be sooner than later (76-78), Nintendo likes front loading reveals, so it makes sense they'd have a longtime request revealed early on
I guess it comes back to the question - what does Nintendo think is an E3-caliber reveal? As much as we all love Geno, do we think Nintendo would announce only him at E3? I could definitely seeing them announcing Geno but also simultaneously announcing another character as well who is more widely known in order to procure that Banjo-level reaction from last year. Just my two cents

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Oh one more thing I need to check here, FatManOnIce said in one of his earlier posts that Arle Nadja may just be out of the running according to some rumors from his insiders. Is that true that Arle isn't really a character we should hope too much for or is she still in the running? I gotta know for sure cause one of my sisters friends wants her so badly and asked me to check.
1532137.png

Last edited:

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Oh one more thing I need to check here, FatManOnIce said in one of his earlier posts that Arle Nadja may just be out of the running according to some rumors from his insiders. Is that true that Arle isn't really a character we should hope too much for or is she still in the running? I gotta know for sure cause one of my sisters friends wants her so badly and asked me to check.View attachment 258806
Hey, Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , just to make sure you don't miss this, this guy is asking you something about Arle.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
So for those unaware, Fatman got temp banned so unfortunately he can’t answer questions right now.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I guess it comes back to the question - what does Nintendo think is an E3-caliber reveal? As much as we all love Geno, do we think Nintendo would announce only him at E3? I could definitely seeing them announcing Geno but also simultaneously announcing another character as well who is more widely known in order to procure that Banjo-level reaction from last year. Just my two cents
Nintendo also thought an E3 with Miis and Palutena reveals while Pacman was after the event behind closed doors was good.

Since 6 fighters have to stretch for 2 years, there might only be one E3 reveal.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Nintendo also thought an E3 with Miis and Palutena reveals while Pacman was after the event behind closed doors was good.

Since 6 fighters have to stretch for 2 years, there might only be one E3 reveal.
At the same time, that was 6 years ago. Nintendo's clearly changed their policy since then.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, aside from what Malo Mart said, does anyone else think there could be a Direct in the first full week of February? I am just really curious to know you guys' thoughts.

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
There's still the SKUs that appeared a few weeks ago, with nothing coming out of them yet, so I'd reckon there's something soon. I'm guessing February or so, but of course there's always the possibility it could just amount to coming later.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Hopefully, if there is to be a Direct earlier and this week, we'll get something in the next two days, unlikely as it is and even if Geno is not in it. At least we will have something to look forward to.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I freely admit I really have no idea who or what Geno is outside of knowing he's from Super Mario RPG and, for some reason, wants in a game despite not appearing in 20+ years. I know people have their reasons and that's cool. However. I couldn't mind chuckle at this:

Seeing someone else in the Smash community acknowledge Crypto's existence is great to see.

As for the direct, I do think that it will be in February. It seems to be too late to do it in January at this point. We do got those SKUs that usually precede a direct and we haven't gotten a direct since September. February would be the ripe time to announce a direct and eventually they do need to announce some big titles for what is currently looking like a close-to drought year.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Guy so far has a perfect track record when it comes to predictions and is the only leaker who said who Fighter 5 was outright. They're also not super precise with names, like calling the sakurai demo a 'direct' and the fighter's pass 'challenger pack', but he's basically saying Crash is the next fighter in line, meaning 6th. Check out his twitter history, all his tweets became true.
Gotcha, though TBH if Crash is in, I can't help but feel like Geno is a lock. Might just be me.

D

Deleted member

Seeing someone else in the Smash community acknowledge Crypto's existence is great to see.

As for the direct, I do think that it will be in February. It seems to be too late to do it in January at this point. We do got those SKUs that usually precede a direct and we haven't gotten a direct since September. February would be the ripe time to announce a direct and eventually they do need to announce some big titles for what is currently looking like a close-to drought year.
Cryptosporidium-137 Blows S*it Up

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
So for those unaware, Fatman got temp banned so unfortunately he can’t answer questions right now.
Really, mods? You banned him again, and for what? Speculating about a character that isn't Geno, in the Geno thread? I've been meaning to post something like this for a bit, so let me just write it out:

There are only six characters left. Every single one of them that isn't Geno significantly and negatively affects his chances to be playable.

We are going to talk about other characters in this thread. It's going to happen. What the people not in this thread daily don't seem to realize is that anytime we talk about characters that aren't Geno, while in this thread, it is already implied we are talking about them in relation to Geno. Because we are, well, in the Geno thread.

If Waluigi gets in, that's one less chance for Geno. If Doomguy gets in, that's one less chance for Geno.

Please stop banning our members, no matter how controversial or polarizing they are. Ban the bad actors (which you have been doing better at.)

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Oh one more thing I need to check here, FatManOnIce said in one of his earlier posts that Arle Nadja may just be out of the running according to some rumors from his insiders. Is that true that Arle isn't really a character we should hope too much for or is she still in the running? I gotta know for sure cause one of my sisters friends wants her so badly and asked me to check.View attachment 258806
I don't know what Fatman has been saying lately, but that'd be unfortunate. Not only do I have some online friends who want her, I also have interest in knowing more about Arle and her series.

Plus that'd be one of my mock up Fighter Pass 2 picks gone, so not fun.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Really, mods? You banned him again, and for what? Speculating about a character that isn't Geno, in the Geno thread? I've been meaning to post something like this for a bit, so let me just write it out:

There are only six characters left. Every single one of them that isn't Geno significantly and negatively affects his chances to be playable.

We are going to talk about other characters in this thread. It's going to happen. What the people not in this thread daily don't seem to realize is that anytime we talk about characters that aren't Geno, while in this thread, it is already implied we are talking about them in relation to Geno. Because we are, well, in the Geno thread.

If Waluigi gets in, that's one less chance for Geno. If Doomguy gets in, that's one less chance for Geno.

Please stop banning our members, no matter how controversial or polarizing they are. Ban the bad actors (which you have been doing better at.)
I am sorry, but I don't think that is about to change. This is supposed to be a mainly Geno thread focused on Geno, and I am sure the mods have those rules set down, like it or not. I am not really sure if that was the rule Fatman broke, for it could be something else, but unless you can convince the mods otherwise, which is hard to do, I don't see those rules changing.

So, anyway, what kind of idle animations would you guys like Geno to have?

D

Deleted member

Response from MandyCan about fighter info
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom