• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
I'm really enjoying SMRPG everyone. I'm actually really excited to meet Geno. The humor is fantastic, and I really love the expansion of the Mario universe. I even consider the battling to be above average given the timed hits and blocks. That was a nice touch.

My main concern right now is the difficulty, but that's hardly a dealbreaker. I'm assuming there will be a bit of a spike later?
If you want a challenge I recommend going for the secret boss

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm really enjoying SMRPG everyone. I'm actually really excited to meet Geno. The humor is fantastic, and I really love the expansion of the Mario universe. I even consider the battling to be above average given the timed hits and blocks. That was a nice touch.

My main concern right now is the difficulty, but that's hardly a dealbreaker. I'm assuming there will be a bit of a spike later?
It will get a little difficult towards the end, especially when you get to the maze in the desert. At that point the game's difficulty kind of doubles.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Hey Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , Might I Ask a question?

So Apparently you have a kill list of characters not being Playable DLC, but likely Mii Costumes, and that Cuphead was on the list. I understand the list is private maybe for security reasons, but will we ever see this list being made Public sometime in the future?
Given one of my contacts specifically recommended not to given some of the names on it, probably not. I've talked about the ones people probably wouldn't flip out about and we're already talked about by other people: Ms. Pac-Man, Gooigi, Elecman, and Nightmare. Cuphead was one of the two indies on this list so I strongly think the other will eventually be a Mii costume at some point and would be a cool surprise. Three of the "popular" ones on the list that have more or less been deconfirmed by their creators along with notable insiders are Kos-Mos, Arle, and Travis and why I bother saying them. One misconception is that it's a true list but it's mostly just a collection of names that were supposedly pitched and rejected for one reason or another that various insiders have pieced together. Not really anyway to prove the validity of the full list but it's food for thought.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I ask this genuinely: Do you have any theories as to why Nintendo hasn't taken down the Cacomallow leaks?
My guy Lord Woomy Lord Woomy summed it up perfectly, but yeah they did it before with Ken. By tipping their hand so early on they’d be hypothetically admitting it’s legit and therefore ruining the surprise of upcoming characters. And we know how much they hate ruining surprises and are insidious in the way they deal with leaks judging from when the Ken leaker was fired and how they disseminated false information to ruin leaker credibility and keep Byleth a secret up until the date of reveal.

If they were that careful about not essentially confirming Ken who no one was very surprised by then it’s not surprising they’d be even more careful about huge fan requests like Geno and Doomslayer. And it worked because people like Eric just settled on assuming it’s fake and people just moved on to speculation about other things not too long after. A 12 second gameplay clip of mii costumes that seem like they could be real or not real is just a very different situation than the SWSH leaks that were clearly actual photos from the players guide.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Given one of my contacts specifically recommended not to given some of the names on it, probably not. I've talked about the ones people probably wouldn't flip out about and we're already talked about by other people: Ms. Pac-Man, Gooigi, Elecman, and Nightmare. Cuphead was one of the two indies on this list so I strongly think the other will eventually be a Mii costume at some point and would be a cool surprise. Three of the "popular" ones on the list that have more or less been deconfirmed by their creators along with notable insiders are Kos-Mos, Arle, and Travis and why I bother saying them. One misconception is that it's a true list but it's mostly just a collection of names that were supposedly pitched and rejected for one reason or another that various insiders have pieced together. Not really anyway to prove the validity of the full list but it's food for thought.
well if this collection of names turn out to make this list true, then that's an oof to KOS-MOS, Travis, and Arle Fans. while you can't say some of the names on here, can you at least say if this is a big list of characters, and are most, if not all the characters supposed to be mii costumes or is this mixed in as general deconfirm as well

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
My guy Lord Woomy Lord Woomy summed it up perfectly, but yeah they did it before with Ken. By tipping their hand so early on they’d be hypothetically admitting it’s legit and therefore ruining the surprise of upcoming characters. And we know how much they hate ruining surprises and are insidious in the way they deal with leaks judging from when the Ken leaked was fired and how they disseminated false information to ruin leaker credibility and keep Byleth a secret up until the date of reveal.

If they were that careful about not essentially confirming Ken who no one was very surprised by then it’s not surprising they’d be even more careful about huge fan requests like Geno and Doomslayer. And it worked because people like Eric just settled on assuming it’s fake and people just moved on to speculation about other things not too long after. A 12 second gameplay clip of mii costumes that seem like they could be real or not real is just a very different situation than the SWSH leaks that were clearly actual photos from the players guide.
Exactly this. Comparing it to the pokemon situation is apples to oranges. That was someone leaking an entire game a couple weeks before release and it was undeniably the real deal.

With Cacomallow, it was hotly debated for a week and neither side will ever be able to actually prove anything either way, so there is no reason to poke that bear as Nintendo. It’s two potentially real or fake mii costumes that may or may not imply that one or two characters are coming, so why make a move on that to tip the scales in the “real” direction. No one even talks about it anymore outside Doom and Geno fans so ignoring it certainly works

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I'm surprised it still takes a new character so long to create in the DLC timeframe. For base game, makes sense due to all the other content with it. And I know DLC gets a smaller team, but I'm surprised Nintendo would shrink the team alot of their money printing machine.

I wonder if that character timeline includes literally the start of a name on a paper list of characters.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
My guy Lord Woomy Lord Woomy summed it up perfectly, but yeah they did it before with Ken. By tipping their hand so early on they’d be hypothetically admitting it’s legit and therefore ruining the surprise of upcoming characters. And we know how much they hate ruining surprises and are insidious in the way they deal with leaks judging from when the Ken leaked was fired and how they disseminated false information to ruin leaker credibility and keep Byleth a secret up until the date of reveal.

I’ve been wondering that myself for a while now and that actually makes a lot of sense.

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
Crash definitely sounds like a character that would both help sell the second pass and is popular worldwide. I would be ecstatic since Crash is just below Doomguy in terms of my wanted characters.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Eh, these sorts of people are a dime a dozen. Unless they leak anything more specific, this is almost as good as nothing.
I'd also like to add on that I've always been more hesitant to believe any leaks that leak something very decisively very early. This guy said Crash back in October, and we're probably not getting our next character until February at the earliest. So that's around 4 months between this leak and his reveal. Not to mention, the Byleth thing is really the only specific thing he's leaked and that was really only cause he got the date right. I think either a) he got lucky b) made something up to make his leaks seem more interesting or c) got bad info

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
well if this collection of names turn out to make this list true, then that's an oof to KOS-MOS, Travis, and Arle Fans. while you can't say some of the names on here, can you at least say if this is a big list of characters, and are most, if not all the characters supposed to be mii costumes or is this mixed in as general deconfirm as well
Given some of the names, I think it's just a general deconfirmation list although some like Kos-Mos and Nightmare would probably be really cool Mii costumes. Like I said, my current prediction for 8 is Lloyd and I could see him with a full Namco Mii costume dump: himself, Gil, Heihachi, Kos-Mos, Nightmare, and maybe someone like Klonoa.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Christ almighty, so much to catch up on! I both love and hate it when this happens!

Modders have successfuly replicated the jiggle physics on a version of the Mallow costume without crashing the game. There was a great deal of misinformation around what was and what wasn't possible at the time, and we've seen enough evidence to cast more than a reasonable amount of doubt to the validity of Cacomallow.
Then why have we not seen a mod that even comes close to what we see in the images in terms of quality? More to the point, why is it that every single recreation of these hats can never get the Cacodemon Hat to perfectly encircle the Mii's face like it does in the post? To my knowledge there have been two attempts at recreating the Cacodemon Hat: A model made in Blender (middle) and an actual in-game mod (right), and neither of them can make the Cacodemon Hat perfectly encircle the Mii's face.
CacodemonHatComparison.png

If this is just a mod, and modding something like that is so easy, why hasn't it been done? Why hasn't someone been able to replicate this little detail? It should be a pretty simple thing to do, but yet nobody has done it. Hmm, curious that.

At best, we're getting a character in April (and that's a long shot), which puts Cacomallow at 6 months old and one character removed since they didn't come with Byleth and it's more likely we're waiting until like June/July for that first Volume 2 character from Sakurai's request for us to wait patiently and the overall release calendar taking so much time compared to Volume 1. The further removed we get from the original "leak," the much less likely it is to be real because there's no real reason for them to have produced and tested these costumes so long ago.
The costumes are nowhere in sight, nor does it make sense for Mii costumes to be made so apparently incredibly in advance of whatever character they're coming with and in testing for this to leak at all.
Hero and Banjo both got revealed during the E3 Direct, and both of them were complete enough for use in the gameplay sections of their reveal trailers. During the Banjo presentation, Sakurai noted that he was recording that about two days after the Hero presentation, which was most likely recorded a few days before Hero's actual release. What this means is that Hero and Banjo were in a decently playable state well before their releases in late July and early September, respectively. Furthermore, in a NintendoLife interview from 2014, Sakurai went on on record stating that developing a character from conception to release is about a year. What this would mean is that Banjo would've began development anywhere from September to December of 2018.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ays_to_play_super_smash_bros_for_nintendo_3ds
"I get the planning for each character done remarkably quickly. For example, after learning about Greninja and its abilities one evening, by late night I had already completed the design for that character’s moves and features.

The process, however, of actually creating a character often takes well over a year, where we are constantly working on the model, the animations, the audio and the balancing. For the game balance we have a testing team playing almost every day and we make adjustments based on their results. I was working from morning to night with my responsibilities as director, so I was only able to spend Wednesday evenings and weekends on the balance."

So why do you think that Mii Costumes would be any different, exactly? What makes you think they wouldn't negotiate and produce these costumes well ahead of time and release it long after? Is it because Mii Costumes are easier to make than a fighter, so they wouldn't feel the need to make them in bulk? Do you think the copyright negotiations will run out at some point and they wouldn't be able to release them if they don't do it within a certain time frame? I'm not saying I'm super knowledgeable on game development, but I don't understand why you seem to think that game development is linear. It's not. Plenty of different things are made around the same time; the final boss of a game could be the first thing developed, or the first stage could've been made really late into development.

That's also not how the burden of proof works. It was one whoever leaked it to prove that it was real, not on the people observing it to prove it fake. Cacomallow had to do literally anything to prove it was real and it hasn't.
First off, no, that's actually not how the burden of proof works at all. If an alleged leak image looks so obviously fake, as in they have many major details that look off, then the burden falls onto whoever is claiming that it's true. If this looks off compared to everything else, you have to be the one to prove that it's real. On the other hand, if an image looks pretty convincing, as in there's very little that can be pointed out that screams fake, then the burden falls onto whoever is claiming that it's fake. If this looks very high quality, you have to be the one to prove that it's fake.

The reason the CacoMallow Post has lasted so long in speculation is because there's not really much that you can point to about them that would prove that they're fake, unlike many other fake leaks made over the years. Usual things to look out for would be unintentional model clipping (ie. the hat itself so clearly clips through the Mii's head model, there's a clear seam in the hat, or there's noticeable clipping around the area where the hat encircles the face), or very low quality images and/or video that are used to mask clipping or bad texturing (the video footage isn't the most HD stuff out there, but the image we have is pretty clear all things considered, allowing us to get a good look at the hats, and they look pretty good).

And secondly, the CacoMallow Post was posted to 4chan, a website known for it's anonymous userbase. How exactly is this anonymous person going to prove it was real? And assuming they do come forward, why should people believe them anyways? Who are they? What are their credentials? It's frankly absurd for you to say that the burden of proof is on some random anonymous person who, assuming this is true, most likely went to 4chan specifically to avoid it coming back to him.

TL;DR The burdern of proof is on the one making the claim. The person who posted it didn't claim it was real or fake, they merely posted it, and if you're going to say that it's fake when it looks as convincing as it is, you'll need to try a lot harder than that.

Not to mention, ever willing to issue take downs Nintendo has literally not touched anything related to this effect even though we saw them insanely trigger happy with Pokemon Sw/Sh leaks at the same time.
Of course they were going to go out of their way to quash the SwSh Leaks, because it was so beyond obvious that they were real at that point. There were in-game images of the new Pokemon, pictures from the guidebooks, and even full livestreams of the game on most streaming websites! No **** they'd go out of their way to issue takedowns of that, that's the actual goddamn game beyond a shadow of a doubt! The CacoMallow Post isn't conclusive one way or the other. Could it be faked? I'd imagine it'd be difficult, but yeah it could. But could it be real? Well given how real it looks, it very well could be. It's in such a grey area that there's really no reason for Nintendo to go full-on damage control and take down anything related to it.

And can you imagine what would've happened had they actually did take down any videos or articles talking about it? Can you imagine what the fanbase would've thought about that? They would've gone crazy with speculation about it. Everyone would think it was real because why else would Nintendo have taken it down? WHAT ARE THEY HIDING?! It would've drawn so much more attention to it, something that Nintendo surely wouldn't want regardless if it were real or not. The best course of action for them to take is to simply ignore it and not do anything, because then people will forget about it and dismiss it as a hoax, basically doing their job for them. And given the attitudes of you and other people in this thread right now, it worked.

Now I'm not saying that it actually is real, and we should pay attention to it because of that. What I'm saying is that there still isn't enough evidence one way or the other, and it's poor form to dismiss it as you're doing right now.

There's literally nothing to corroborate these few seconds of video as anything outside of wishful thinking that it might point to a preferred outcome (and it didn't even really do that since Mallow and Cacodemon costumes don't actually have to imply anything about playable characters).
Well, except for the fact that these look pretty convincing. That may be a bit of a boon in it's favor. And with regards to their implications, I'd say there's enough there to reasonably say that they could be for a couple of fighters moreso than anything else. Let's start this section by assuming the CacoMallow Post is true. Starting with the Cacodemon Hat, Bethesda has yet to contribute anything to the game despite being a major developer (Konami and Ubisoft have already provided characters/spirits for the game), so given how DLC has worked thus far, at it's worst this hat is indicative that we will at least be getting a character from them. Doesn't have to be Doomguy, just a character from them in general.

And as for the Mallow Hat, well... why would this exist if they were bringing back the Geno Mii Costume? Why make a new costume/hat to go alongside an old, returning one? You'd think bringing back the Geno costume alone would be enough, surely? So far we haven't had this happen with any of the other returning third party Mii Costumes, we never got an Axl costume to go alongside the X and Zero ones for example, so why would Geno be any different?

Also, why have we not heard anything about the Geno Mii Costume returning, yet we've heard about a bunch of other returning costumes no problem? You'd think if his costume was coming back, the guy who made the Mii Costume List would've included that, it wouldn't have been hard for him to hear of it, surely. And I'm not accepting the excuse that he was just trolling about the SquareEnix costumes he listed, because that would make it the longest and most ineffective trolling ops in the history of trolling. Imagine going out of your way to make a post to troll someone that includes almost entirely real leaked information and only have the fake information revealed to be fake a year or so out from when you first shared it, at the point where most people would have forgotten about it.

This brings me to the oft-made claim that the Geno Mii Costume is getting an upgrade a la Sans and Cuphead, and that's why it wasn't on the Mii Costume List. Why on earth would you upgrade a costume you intended to just port from the previous game? What would be the point? And why just Geno? Why not do this with every other costume? Why not upgrade the X costume to give him a proper X face and add in a Mega Man X music track to go along with it? Why not upgrade the Tails and Knuckles costumes and add in Believe in Myself or Unknown From M.E.? Hell, who not make this the standard for all Mii Fighter Costumes going forward? If they're so easy to make, surely it wouldn't be much more difficult to do that, right?

Honestly, I really hate this argument. There's no precedent for costumes getting upgraded, there's no good reason as to why they would even go to that effort for not only just Geno, but any costume whatsoever, and it really misses the point as to why Sans and Cuphead were most likely given such treatment in the first place. That reason being that while they were very popular, they couldn't be added in as fighters due to the DLC having already been decided on beforehand (they never deviate from their decision once they've made it), so they did this instead to satify the fans. Now I'm not saying this could never happen at all, but I think you'd be more correct in assuming we'll be getting a Miriam Swordfighter Costume in the future.

We all need to stop clinging to bull**** rumors and theories, that is what is killing us, as a fanbase.
You wanna know what's REALLY killing this fanbase? What's REALLY making discourse here so unfun? It's people like YOU, who constantly whine and complain when the answers aren't given to you fast enough, who let your feelings color your arguments, often to the point being used in place of actual arguments, whilst ignoring and outright dismissing whatever details counter you at that moment, and who constantly feel the need to turn this thread into a battleground for your needlessly petty ****-flinging competitions with other users.

There are so many people in this thread who are chill, who don't start **** with other people, who make reasonable and constructive arguments based on what we know, and who even tell jokes and make some funny memes. And those people can't do any of that because we have to sit here and suffer through **** like this constantly from the same three to five users who can't take to their DMs or just ignore them, often times resulting in them doing stupid **** and causing this thread getting locked by mods.

Something else I just looked into, because why the hell not!? There was this Fire Emblem Direct back in January 2017 that announced that a game for the Switch was happening and was announced for 2018. But it got delayed to Spring 2019. So if the original plan was to have a new Fire Emblem guy for Smash base, it could have been changed because of the delay.

Also, lets get crazy for a second! PPlant was gonna be base, yeah? And Byleth was gonna be base...it would make this ONE addition to Ultimate that I personally thought odd, but cool. August Smash Direct 2018. We get the mother of reveals in one go. Simon with Richter echo, Dark Samus echo, K.Rool...and Chrom echo. IF PP and Byleth were suppose to be in base game, this would compliment each other that much more. Lets look at this a bit.

PP with Daisy as an echo for Peach = 2 Mario Reps
Ridley with Dark Samus = 2 Metroid Reps
Byleth and Chrom = 2 Fire Emblem Reps
Simon and Richter = 2 Castlevania Reps
Ken would be the exception because, the father of all ECHOES!

IDK just something I noticed that I thought was something to bring up. I think it is farfetched, but maybe it could be something.
Hmm, it would make a bit of sense, I guess... though I kind of doubt they'd hold back on content because the game it comes from was delayed. I mean, the Yoshi's Wooly World stage was added to Smash 4 because it was going to have already been out by the time Smash 4 came out, but it got delayed and ended up being an early bird cameo as a result. Nothing changed on Sakurai's end there, so why would Byleth be any different? I actually think that Byleth was always going to be included as DLC, which is why the made Vol. 2 a 6-pack rather than a 5-pack like the previous one: It's a lowkey apology for another Fire Emblem character.

Thinking on the Byleth thing, him being in the base roster would have made sense... It would explain the Fatal Frame assist trophy and spirits. Fatal Frame for the Wii U was published by Nintendo so, in a weird way, it's kind of similar to Bayonetta 2. This would also potentially explain why there have been no Tecmo Mii costumes. Other food for thought: every game since Brawl has had a totally new Fire Emblem character in the base roster.

"Hey, I heard character 5 was a Tecmo character."

"Oh, they must mean Ryu then."

****... I hate how plausible this is... On that note, what are the odds of two technical Tecmo characters in a row? As pointed out, Tecmo was involved in the base game but only with one game Nintendo published themselves. Goddamnit, if Ryu was misinformation/leakbait this whole time, I'm going to speculate on the internet and be justifiably killed by someone.
But Byleth wouldn't be considered a Koei Tecmo character though, would they? Sure, they worked on the game, but character ownsership is all Nintendo.

Quick question, When was Pokemon Sun and Moon in development? I understand the games were announced around Feb 2016 (Or leaked) But when did they start? 2015?

Personally do not believe the Byleth stuff, but I do not mind feeding the fire.
I forget where I saw it, but I'm pretty sure development began right after OrAs.

Sorry if this has been brought up already but this guy said Byleth would be the 5th challenger back in October.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MandyCanNot/status/1186504943877967872

He also mentions that Crash is coming soon. Presumably in the Fighters Pass 2.
Who is this guy? Is there anything else he said, anything he got right?

DON'T GIVE ME HOPE!!! :surprised:
You guys can give me hope, I don't mind!

Honestly, I think the whole Smash base, including leakers, just need to take a break from leaks at this point. It's getting way too involved and treated like serious business. I mean, what is the endgame of all this leaking?
It's not necessarily that people should take a break, it's more that they need to take a step back and just relax. Put speculation aside for a second and make a meme or something. Kids love memes!

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
The year is 202x, Ken has become the only reliable source of leaks, his can-do thumbs up signifies the end of days for Smash speculation. Through sheer hesitation, Nintendo fires Ken, removing him from the roster, for his leaks were too strong to censor.
1579384670494.png

Polarthief

Smash Lord
If Crash is coming I think E3 would be the perfect place to reveal him.
I won't be mad if he gets in, but I do not understand the love for him, nor have any idea what his moveset would be. Spin?

It gets a bit harder. It's never that difficult unless you do something dumb like pick HP for all your bonuses... like I used to as a dumbass kid. Glad you're enjoying it! It's a hell of a time =)

Last edited:

TriggerX

Smash Ace
There’s a lot of people who disagree with the whole “ this character was meant for base” theory.

My thought on it is that it’s definitely possible. It’s not like Nintendo releases content once its done.

Once again, we’re still paying for mii costumes that were modeled in a previous game. That being said, it’s obvious that Nintendo holds back some content that’s mostly developed.

I wouldn’t be surprised if development of Byleth stopped halfway through, and decided to revisit the idea for the pass.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I won't be mad if he gets in, but I do not understand the love for him, nor have any idea what his moveset would be. Spin?

It gets a bit harder. It's never that difficult unless you do something dumb like pick HP for all your bonuses... like I used to as a dumbass kid. Glad you're enjoying it! It's a hell of a time =)
I think he could drop different kinds of crates, have a bit of stage control. The fruit bazooka is also a pretty unique weapon,

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Has this been brought up in regards for a potential general direct this month?

https://store.nintendo.com/super-nintendo-entertainment-system-controller.html

This item is currently unavailable. Please check back for more news in January 2020.

We still haven't heard any news about this coming back in stock. Sure, it won't necessarily be in a direct, but it could be in one along with say, some more SNES game announcements.
Yep. Looked into the history of Gamemop SKU number dumps and there's a pretty consistent history of two to three weeks out before Directs. The last Fall Direct and the last E3 Direct were about two weeks out, for example. Might sound nuts but I think the General Direct could happen this coming week.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Yep. Looked into the history of Gamemop SKU number dumps and there's a pretty consistent history of two to three weeks out before Directs. The last Fall Direct and the last E3 Direct were about two weeks out, for example. Might sound nuts but I think the General Direct could happen this coming week.
It's more than likely the end of the month. After Byleth drops and a week after the Animal Crossing Direct

Last edited:

RuffyYoshi

Smash Journeyman
Crash seems like a no-brainer to add as a fighter in my opinion. He's like the last big rival to Mario that is still not playable. I really wish Sony would jump on board so we could have Ratchet or Kratos as well.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Do you think fighter six would make an appearance? I know you said nintendo has a lot to show us this year.

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
The absolute worst case scenario isn't Geno returning as a "Sans tier" mii costume, it'd be the fact that Mii Gunner received all these popular character choices, (Sans, Cuphead, hopefully not Geno) so I'd have to go against Mii Gunners online, whom I despise fighting. :sick:

Last edited:

RuffyYoshi

Smash Journeyman
Hm, I'm gonna keep an eye on this MandyCan guy. Also I personally don't mind leaks for Smash, I'm exhausted from speculating and theory crafting only to get kicked in the balls in the end. Nintendo seriously expects us to do this for TWO YEARS+. I just wanna know so I can throw money at Sakurai and hope he makes a third season so if anyone I want is not in they have one last shot.

Also I'm tired of human characters. I want Crash, Klonoa (screw Lloyd sorry), Amaterasu to have some animal mascots. Also this doll guy seems nice.

RuffyYoshi

Smash Journeyman
Also Fatmanonice Fatmanonice is the other Indie Mii costume Shantae by any chance? You don't need to say anything out loud, just:
Toot once with your pipe for NO
Toot twice with your pipe for YES

HudU

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4165 4708 0120
We all need to stop clinging to bull**** rumors and theories, that is what is killing us, as a fanbase.

An expectation for something not guarenteed is, frankly, a death sentence.

Cacomallow is fake. I have no idea why people are still trying to keep to alive when Fighter 5 was literally a make or break for it.

Like I said, the only rumor still alive is the Mallow/Smithy leak and even then, we don’t know the specifics or if this particular leaker was trying to troll Geno fans by throwing fake information into a pile of real information.

Geno could be an upgraded Mii Costume, and we all need to prepare ourselves for that scenario because as i’ve clarified ad nauseum, the Fighter’s Pass 2 is just as ill suited for Geno as the first one was

-Sora
-Crono
-Lara
-2B

4 possible Square Enix reps that could come with a Geno costume in their pack.
How did fighter 5 "break it" for CacoMallow?

You know it could come afterwards right? (As in it doesn't have to be revealed immediately?)

I mean, we got these screenshots in November, and the presentation was a prerecording from November, so for all we know they could come with the next character or the character after, which would make sense. Fatman was theorizing that fighter 5 was ready to present back in November, and on top of that, said it probably takes around a year for full development and planning in a post he made yesterday (and we got those rumored Mallow/Smithy mii costumes leaked in June/July of last year) so I wouldn't count the Cacomallow leak out/fake until mid to late 2020.

By this logic though, that means either fighter 6 or 7 will probably come with these costumes. A slim chance with fighter 8.

Here are my predictions on the release dates and more I made yesterday (Scroll to the bottom): https://smashboards.com/threads/gen...-fighters-pass-2-speculation.446378/page-2297

(and side note: Why would they add smithy and mallow out of nowhere if they weren't adding Geno? That just doesn't make sense to me, even if it were another Square Enix rep like Sora. And to me- it seems too convenient for it to be trolling every since we got Cacomallow. At first I was skeptical, but the minute that image leaked out, I figured it had a lot more credibility than I initially thought.)

+In Fatmanonice's essay, he was rumoring that DLC pack 2 was probably decided in November of 2018, of which talks of Geno and other characters happened that month. And if that isn't enough proof, the music takedowns happened over the summer, during that hypothetical "1 year" period. Im sticking with my theory and saying Geno is revealed E3 2020

Last edited:

Antho

Smash Apprentice
Something else I just looked into, because why the hell not!? There was this Fire Emblem Direct back in January 2017 that announced that a game for the Switch was happening and was announced for 2018. But it got delayed to Spring 2019. So if the original plan was to have a new Fire Emblem guy for Smash base, it could have been changed because of the delay.

Also, lets get crazy for a second! PPlant was gonna be base, yeah? And Byleth was gonna be base...it would make this ONE addition to Ultimate that I personally thought odd, but cool. August Smash Direct 2018. We get the mother of reveals in one go. Simon with Richter echo, Dark Samus echo, K.Rool...and Chrom echo. IF PP and Byleth were suppose to be in base game, this would compliment each other that much more. Lets look at this a bit.

PP with Daisy as an echo for Peach = 2 Mario Reps
Ridley with Dark Samus = 2 Metroid Reps
Byleth and Chrom = 2 Fire Emblem Reps
Simon and Richter = 2 Castlevania Reps
Ken would be the exception because, the father of all ECHOES!

IDK just something I noticed that I thought was something to bring up. I think it is farfetched, but maybe it could be something.
I was thinking about this post for a moment and it also made me realize: Wasn’t Chrom a super late addition?
I mean... Chrom is still in Robin’s Final Smash and victory animations. Not to mention the other stuff, like how his victory theme wasn’t the Awakening victory theme until a later patch. But, potentially, what if Chrom wasn’t added because of popularity originally? What if Sakurai or Nintendo wanted an FE Rep in the base game, but Three Houses got delayed, and then they just made Chrom quickly? Then they saved what they already had of Byleth (probably very early stuff) for FP5 so a fighter wouldn’t go to waste? That’s just my theory on it though.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
The absolute worst case scenario isn't Geno returning as a "Sans tier" mii costume, it'd be the fact that Mii Gunner received all these popular character choices, (Sans, Cuphead, hopefully not Geno) so I'd have to go against Mii Gunners online, whom I despise fighting. :sick:
I really don't know why people think this is even decently likely. Why would they ever upgrade a returning costume rather than just release it as is? If Geno's that in demand, why not just make him a fighter? At that point you'd know most people wouldn't be as receptive to that compared to Sans and Cuphead who, while beloved by many, most likely weren't going to get in the game as a fighter anyways.

Oh wait, what am I thinking? Of course they'd do that, especially after they included Byleth as FP5 and not Crimbly Dimble from the hit game Bumbly Cungus 5. Making us upset and crushing our dreams is their modus operandi! I mean sure, they gave us a lot of what we wanted with Ridley, K. Rool, Banjo, and a bunch of other stuff, but it wasn't what I specifically wanted, so it doesn't count. :ultpacman:

You know it could come afterwards right? (As in it doesn't have to be revealed immediately?)

I mean, we got these screenshots in November, and the presentation was a prerecording from November, so for all we know they could come with the next character or the character after, which would make sense. Fatman was theorizing that fighter 5 was ready to present back in November, and on top of that, said it probably takes around a year for full development and planning in a post he made yesterday (and we got those rumored Mallow/Smithy mii costumes leaked in June/July of last year) so I wouldn't count the Cacomallow leak out/fake until mid to late 2020.

By this logic though, that means either fighter 6 or 7 will probably come with these costumes. A slim chance with fighter 8.

Here are my predictions on the release dates and more I made yesterday: https://smashboards.com/threads/gen...-fighters-pass-2-speculation.446378/page-2297

(and side note: Why would they add smithy and mallow out of nowhere if they weren't adding Geno? That just doesn't make sense to me, even if it were another Square Enix rep like Sora. And to me- it seems too convenient for it to be trolling every since we got Cacomallow. At first I was skeptical, but the minute that image leaked out, I figured it had a lot more credibility than I initially thought.)
Byleth as FP5 broke my soul and stole $20 from me, so Geno's never getting in Smash. :ultpiranha:

RuffyYoshi

Smash Journeyman
I thought the worst thing that could happen is Sakurai just leaves Geno as a spirit and thinks it's okay with the fans. But that would mean he's not the real Sakurai and we gotta call the police and search for him.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Also Fatmanonice Fatmanonice is the other Indie Mii costume Shantae by any chance? You don't need to say anything out loud, just:
Toot once with your pipe for NO
Toot twice with your pipe for YES
No. Because people have been asking me a lot of specific characters and stressing about it, nobody on the list was in the base game. So, that said, if your character was already in the game by 2019, they're not in there. I'll also say that none of the characters have ever been in Smash before so quit asking me about Geno and Lloyd, goddamnit!

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I was thinking about this post for a moment and it also made me realize: Wasn’t Chrom a super late addition?
I mean... Chrom is still in Robin’s Final Smash and victory animations. Not to mention the other stuff, like how his victory theme wasn’t the Awakening victory theme until a later patch. But, potentially, what if Chrom wasn’t added because of popularity originally? What if Sakurai or Nintendo wanted an FE Rep in the base game, but Three Houses got delayed, and then they just made Chrom quickly? Then they saved what they already had of Byleth (probably very early stuff) for FP5 so a fighter wouldn’t go to waste? That’s just my theory on it though.
hmmm, interesting. Chrom had a different virctory theme that was patched latter. Also, the whole Robin Final Smash thing has always been odd to me. We also know Echoes take a quarter of the time per Sakurai.

that’s an interesting theory about chrom.

D

Deleted member

Looks like someone found Sakurai’s Switch profile and he apparently made a stage based off of one of TerminalMontage TerminalMontage ’s videos.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
If you want to see his stuff, search up Sakurairo on Shared Content.

HudU

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4165 4708 0120

Here are my predictions on the release dates and more I made yesterday (Scroll to the bottom): https://smashboards.com/threads/gen...-fighters-pass-2-speculation.446378/page-2297

+In Fatmanonice's essay, he was rumoring that DLC pack 2 was probably decided in November of 2018, of which talks of Geno and other characters happened that month. And if that isn't enough proof, the music takedowns happened over the summer, during that hypothetical "1 year" period. Im sticking with my theory and saying Geno is revealed E3 2020
One interesting thing to note though, is that if the Mallow costume and Cacodemon costume were being developed at the same time, would that mean FP6 and FP7 were being made simultaneously? Interesting..

I wonder if the Cacodemon costume could be like Altair, in a sense that it's just another company represented. What if that means the cacodemon costume is coming with Geno, similar to how Altair came with Byleth? Maybe cacodemon comes with Geno, and either one of the SB4 mii costumes (Geno or Chocobo hat) are taken out of the game, making room for a hypothetical Indie mii costume, or Cacodemon replaces the indie rep?

-Not sure, but If this means a Bethesda character isn't coming, this could be interesting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom