• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Hey guys remember not to set your house on fire if you don’t like FP5’s alternate costumes. No one mentioned the desire to do this but I just wanted to put it out there just in case. Geno would not like you to do this. Thanks
Good point. While I've never used the point of "so and so character wouldn't like this" (Geno in this case), most characters would probably be horrified of the Smash fanbase at times with how people act. Geno, as seemingly stoic and kind-hearted as he is (again, haven't played the game), would probably hate gatekeeping and tearing down others. I haven't used that as a motivation for people to be better, but yeah, maybe something to keep in mind, acting like the character you're fighting for and what not.

If Geno saw how some fans acted he'd probably be like
Snapchat-850206628.jpg

*Geno has already headed out

Last edited:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
So as far as I understand it we have a character that by all accounts should have been done by November and ready to reveal but was held back for an unknown reason and ended up skipping the reveal period entirely with no explanation creating what looks to become a massive outlier to all other smash dlc.

Gee I wonder what could have happened to make them want to change the date from late 2019 to early 2020.
jasondoometernaldelayed.jpg

Last edited:

RingJ5

Smash Ace
The problem is where’s green on a Skyrim character?

Light green on the left of pixels of Sakurai and dark green on the right
Wait, I was not informed about the green.
Light green, grey, and dark green, though? I think Chief was just heavily thrown back into play, that’s an exact description of him holding the AR.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
The presentation actually will reveal no characters. It's just gonna be Sakurai reading off a very long list of characters with any fan support before taking the list and putting it through a paper shredder while staring us in the eyes

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
So as far as I understand it we have a character that by all accounts should have been done by November and ready to reveal but was held back for an unknown reason and ended up skipping the reveal period entirely with no explanation creating what looks to become a massive outlier to all other smash dlc.

Gee I wonder what could have happened to want them to change the date from late 2019 to early 2020.
View attachment 257457
Oh **** you might be onto something here

HEAVEN AND HELL BROS LET’S GO

MisterMike

Smash Champion
We have no reason to be worried about the mii costume portion of the direct...

Right bros..?
View attachment 257455
You may feel that way, but logically speaking not at all. If the Mii Costume List is real, and we're getting a Mallow, Smithy, and the returning Chocobo Hat, it's pretty likely they'll have to at least come with another SquareEnix character.

Gee I wonder what could have happened to want them to change the date from late 2019 to early 2020.
View attachment 257457
When has Sakurai ever pushed back a character reveal due to a delay on the game a character comes from? Doesn't make much sense to me.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
I know I'm not a part of the meme squad (since I can't edit photos to save my life), but I hope I've been making the squad proud.

My boys MisterMike, Spatulo, and Franco Geno have liked my meme posts, so maybe I'm finally on my way... T_T

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You may feel that way, but logically speaking not at all. If the Mii Costume List is real, and we're getting a Mallow, Smithy, and the returning Chocobo Hat, it's pretty likely they'll have to at least come with another SquareEnix character.

When has Sakurai ever pushed back a character reveal due to a delay on the game a character comes from? Doesn't make much sense to me.
Maybe it wasn’t his decision. Could’ve been on Nintendo’s part.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
I mean, Sakurai also never did a 45 minute YouTube presentation until he did it once. First time for everything. And I don’t know if the reveal schedule is entirely up to him.

I know I'm not a part of the meme squad (since I can't edit photos to save my life), but I hope I've been making the squad proud.

My boys MisterMike, Spatulo, and Franco Geno have liked my meme posts, so maybe I'm finally on my way... T_T
You’ve done this board proud

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Yo guys, sorry for not showing up earlier, how's it go-

HOLY **** 12 UNREAD PAGES AND FIGHTER 5 IS COMING THURDAY I CAN'T TAKE IT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Makes more sense to me then 5 just randomly getting thown under the bus when the previous 12 smash dlc characters all got their fair dues. With corperate at the helm we don't know just how much networking went into the creation of the fighters pass and with hero all but confirmed to be shilling dq11s I don't think it's all that unreasonable.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
With corperate at the helm we don't know just how much networking went into the creation of the fighters pass and with hero all but confirmed to be shilling dq11s I don't think it's all that unreasonable.
I don't know if I'd sum up Hero as just a shill pick. Sure, they definitely had a bit of Dragon Quest XI S advertising with him (which was definitely a factor I'm sure), but Sakurai was originally gonna have Slime as a character, so I wouldn't say Hero was a shill. Dragon Quest is massive in Japan, so I'm sure there was also that genuine desire from Nintendo.

So basically, probably a combination of things

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Good point. While I've never used the point of "so and so character wouldn't like this" (Geno in this case), most characters would probably be horrified of the Smash fanbase at times with how people act. Geno, as seemingly stoic and kind-hearted as he is (again, haven't played the game), would probably hate gatekeeping and tearing down others. I haven't used that as a motivation for people to be better, but yeah, maybe something to keep in mind, acting like the character you're fighting for and what not.

If Geno saw how some fans acted he'd probably be like
View attachment 257456
*Geno has already headed out
As someone who has played the game I think Geno would find a literal year of people making posts cautioning others about how not to act in case a hypothetical thing happens to be kind of tiresome after awhile.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Ok but why would they move back the reveal? Sure Doom got delayed but if a close reveal to the game for beneficial marketing is what they were going for the character itself is still scheduled for February so they easily could have still revealed it at the time they were planning and then the release for the character would have still been close to the game's new date still giving the same dual exposure that seems to be the idea for this Doom Guy was held back thing. Ergo it doesn't make sense and what makes more sense is these live streams have been successful and so Sakurai decided a full reveal through that medium would work.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion

It's okay, my son. You have done well. We're very proud of you and your memes.

Maybe it wasn’t his decision. Could’ve been on Nintendo’s part.
I mean, Sakurai also never did a 45 minute YouTube presentation until he did it once. First time for everything. And I don’t know if the reveal schedule is entirely up to him.
Kind of a false equivalency, really. Spending around 40 minutes to talk about a character and demo your Let's Play channel is alright and makes some sense at least. And why would Nintendo care about not releasing a DLC character because their game is delayed? They never cared when it came to Corrin or the Yoshi's Wooly World stage, so why would now be any different? And since we're persumably getting a deep dive on this character, and if that character happens to be Doomguy, why wouldn't they delay it until March, then?

Penguinbowler

Smash Apprentice
You know the biggest thing that confuses me is the fact that, well, we just had a pokemon direct. Why not just make a full direct and not these mini-directs?

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
E gadds, with a 35 minute presentation, it makes me wonder if fighter 5 is gonna be a surprise shadow drop on thursday. :crazy:

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Kind of a false equivalency, really. Spending around 40 minutes to talk about a character and demo your Let's Play channel is alright and makes some sense at least. And why would Nintendo care about not releasing a DLC character because their game is delayed? They never cared when it came to Corrin or the Yoshi's Wooly World stage, so why would now be any different? And since we're persumably getting a deep dive on this character, and if that character happens to be Doomguy, why wouldn't they delay it until March, then?
I don’t think Doomguy’s release schedule has ever changed but what if, say, his stage or his reveal trailer has something that Bethesda wouldn’t have wanted revealed before now? Something that people would’ve already seen had the game came out but wasn’t revealed until the new trailer today. I’m just spitballing here, as I’m not sure why any character would be revealed and demo’d the same day

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Last edited:

Droodle

Smash Lord
If Doomguy is FP 5 (which I still think he isn't), Nintendo did not delay him. The deadline for the pass has always been February, and if those costumes are real it has no indication on how much Doomguy had been developed up until that point.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Geez guys can you shut up so I can keep up with the thread? For real though it's nice to see activity in here again. This announcement for Thursday has breathed new life into us. I have to say this new color theory is actually very intriguing and looking good for Doom Slayer or Master Chief. I can't say I'm sold on it, but the research is legitimately there even if the theory itself is outlandish. I was really leaning towards one of those 2 as number 5 anyway but my track record is awful so we will see.

As for Geno Mii returning with Mallow hat with Doomslayer hypothetically...well just because it CAN happen doesn't mean it's likely. That seems very farfetched and Banjo and Terry's miis don't really support that idea. Let's dive into this. All fighters have been accompanied by miis that make sense with the fighter whether that be through same company or concept like fighting characters with Terry with the exception of Banjo. Banjo is not a precedent but an outlier in this clear pattern of miis making sense with the character they arrive with. Geno and mallow would not make sense with Doom Slayer. Sure Geno is a Gunner but mallow has no place in this scenario. On top of this, we ALSO have no precedent for new mii costumes from returning franchises coming in dlc along side a totally unrelated character. So what does this mean? It means that yes Geno and Mallow miis could come with Doom Slayer, but arguing such as a likely scenario is simply illogical. Just because something is possible does not mean it is the truth. Now keep in mind none of this prevents Geno Mii from returning with a related character (like Sora), however, so we still must be wary. But worrying about Geno Mii coming with Doom Slayer is just silly. If Nintendo hits us with that that would be beyond rough. I could potentially see Geno Mii without mallow returning with Doom Slayer but that's still a stretch. We simply don't know the specifics behind why Banjo's miis were so disconnected. It could be Microsoft asking too much. It could be Microsoft feeling that miis are a poor representation for their franchises which makes sense to me but I am not at all a businessman. Regardless, it's not terribly relevant to this discussion because Banjo is clearly an outlier in a clear pattern that has been established with miis.

I'm still not sold on any one character for FP5. I look forward to being pleasantly surprised on Thursday even if this new color theory does end up proving true. Best of luck to all fanbases as we reach the end of the first fighters pass.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Too much info to cram into one Direct. A General Direct is still coming too, possibly as early as next week.
I’m glad that I have this reveal to focus on to distract my brain from the idea of a Direct with so much colossal information that Pokémon DLC and a new Super Smash Bros character needed to be revealed separately

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Fatman still hasnt commented directly on the brown/ green ****.

And Doom is a bit popular in Japan, but not very much. Just enough, like he described.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
If Doomguy is FP 5 (which I still think he isn't), Nintendo did not delay him. The deadline for the pass has always been February, and if those costumes are real it has no indication on how much Doomguy had been developed up until that point.
Oh believe me I know that

And I’m not fully img anticipating doomguy

Because decrypting the slight pixels the nintendo missed when photoshopping Sakurai In it’s no different to decrypting big foot or the Loch Ness monster photos the only point to doom guy is the tint of both greens in the hair area are nearly identical to doomguys armor songs confirm him just what we can think off

Last edited:

volbound1700

Smash Master
I hate to be a pessimist but I am leaning towards Sakurai putting in a character that won't be that popular to me like Arle or Dante. I am expecting a meh response. Geno, Doomguy, Crash Bandicoot, Master Chief, Rayman, Ryu Hayabusa, or any Sonic character would excite me, well at least among third parties. There are some first parties that would get me hyped too like Dixie Kong, Impa, Isaac (Golden Sun). I don't want Waluigi.

T2by4

Smash Lord
Hang on a second... Did they ever mention it was for the Fighter's Pass? They just said it's just DLC. Is there any proof this is specifically Fighter Pass 5? May or may not be a big deal, but it's something I noticed unless someone can point where it says it's for the fighter pass.
1576393854523.jpg

Shaboba

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1760-9183-5135
The only talked-about characters I would be excited for are Geno (obviously) and Dragonborn, and to a lesser extent Doomguy. I'm okay with Waluigi, but Crash, Master Chief, Dante, Arle, Lloyd, Sora or Hayabusa wouldn't excite me in the slightest, although I'd be happy for their fans. Aside from Geno, all of my most wanted (realistic) characters are pretty much already in Smash.

Last edited:

Penguinbowler

Smash Apprentice
I hate to be a pessimist but I am leaning towards Sakurai putting in a character that won't be that popular to me like Arle or Dante. I am expecting a meh response. Geno, Doomguy, Crash Bandicoot, Master Chief, Rayman, Ryu Hayabusa, or any Sonic character would excite me, well at least among third parties. There are some first parties that would get me hyped too like Dixie Kong, Impa, Isaac (Golden Sun). I don't want Waluigi.
I think the important part is someone is happy with the decision. There are a lot of Meh characters for me, but as long as someone is happy with it i'm happy.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Hmm so I see that a lot of you guys are adding Geno hats to your avatars, and what the heck, who am I to not join in on the fun?

I gotta say, Mallow with a Geno hat is something I didn't know I needed.

malo mart smashboards 2 geno version.png

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Fatman still hasnt commented directly on the brown/ green ****.

And Doom is a bit popular in Japan, but not very much. Just enough, like he described.
Because, quite frankly, I'm a little burned out on the wait already. No, I don't think it's Doom Guy and I've made a lot of posts on why since literally November. I really don't feel like repeating myself. If I'm wrong then I'm wrong but I've said what I wanted to say on the topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom