• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

The thing with maybe it being Doomslayer is what if this is like Terry but vice-versa. Doom is very iconic in the West but not so much in the East. Just a theory.

So what is this whole green and brown thing going on?
People are finding colors behind Sakurai that could potentially be the character behind him. And people went back to the other three and wouldn’t you know it, tints of the characters colors behind him as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I'm lost. Why are people comparing the new picture of Sakurai to the previous presentations? Do people think the colors might just match (like the shadows are the same)?
Its about the artifacting of the image, there is clearly tints of brown on his arm and you can see green on the left and right edges of his hair, the images are a page or two back. Bringing up the older presentations because the same thing happened with the images of Sakurai for the thumbnails/teasers for the presentation, you can clearly see the colors of the poster that is behind him in the presentation around him.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
So what is this whole green and brown thing going on?
Basically there are artifacts around the picture of Sakurai that imply the poster that’s behind him for this presentation has dark green and brown on it, implying Doomguy or someone of similar coloration.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Are....are y’all really analyzing the color of the edge of sakurai’s clothing in comparison to the posters...?

Please for all that’s good in this world the direct needs to hurry up, our community really is losing its damn mind. This is worse than grasping at straws, this is grasping at the thread of clothing....
Could not have said it better myself

Mastadoom88

Smash Apprentice
If Doom Guy, it would line up with CacoMallow timeframe. BUT! If it is Doomguy and they show set 5 of the Mii costumes, why would SMRPG costumes be with Doom's showcase if Geno was possibly playable, as it makes sense to reveal those costumes along with Geno's announcement? That would either assume that Geno will also be revealed with him.......or he's coming back as a costume.

If CacoMallow is confirmed Thursday and Geno's costume isn't back, that flat out confirms that Geno is playable. But this pretty much spoils the surprise, so why bother doing it that way? The chances of them dropping his costume completely without promoting him but offering Mallow's costume instead are insanely low. The only way to confirm CacoMallow Thursday without spoiling any other future announcements is to have a Geno promotion.....or a Geno costume. Having the costume and having a Geno reveal later on is possible, but very low.

That character5 Mii costume segment: that's the do or die moment. That's the endgame.
But is it really spoiling anything? Its not like the public at large would know Geno was coming if the Cacodemon shows up with Doomslayer (something people outside spec would consider normal if not mandatory as Caco is an iconic enemy).

Nintendo could care less about spoiling something we were never supposed to know in the first place.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, in which case forgive me.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Because the crop job on Sakurai in the latest image was a bit sloppy and a bit of the background was left over, and we've noticed that in the presentation thumbnails for the fighters thus far, the crop jobs on Sakurai have left over color pixels from where he sits in front of the poster. (As they're cut directly from the presentation)
Its about the artifacting of the image, there is clearly tints of brown on his arm and you can see green on the left and right edges of his hair, the images are a page or two back. Bringing up the older presentations because the same thing happened with the images of Sakurai for the thumbnails/teasers for the presentation, you can clearly see the colors of the poster that is behind him in the presentation around him.
I get that part.

I had a brain fart, I thought people were thinking that was Sakurai's shadow or something like that and it was the same color, thus this would mean nothing. But yeah it would make sense to go back and compare the backgrounds.

Droodle

Smash Lord
But is it really spoiling anything? Its not like the public at large would know Geno was coming if the Cacodemon shows up with Doomslayer (something people outside spec would consider normal if not mandatory as Caco is an iconic enemy).

Nintendo could care less about spoiling something we were never supposed to know in the first place.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, in which case forgive me.
I think he's saying that if Doomguy comes; there's a possibility of him coming with the Mallow costume, and likely a Geno costume.

Until we have seen all the costumes for Doomguy we can't assume that Geno is in.

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
i think its bad cropping on the thumbnail makers part, they cropped sakurai put if you zoom into certain pixels colors dont match
As somebody who deals with image editing from time to time, it's really difficult to make a perfect cropping depending on the scene: either there's a smooth edge or a perfect color one with terrible edges (or even small parts of the image). The good thing for them is that this is the first time we're dealing with a situation like this where we don't know the character beforehand and it isn't a "Bloody Tears" leak.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
i think its bad cropping on the thumbnail makers part, they cropped sakurai put if you zoom into certain pixels colors dont match
Basically there are artifacts around the picture of Sakurai that imply the poster that’s behind him for this presentation has dark green and brown on it, implying Doomguy or someone of similar coloration.
The thing with maybe it being Doomslayer is what if this is like Terry but vice-versa. Doom is very iconic in the West but not so much in the East. Just a theory.

People are finding colors behind Sakurai that could potentially be the character behind him. And people went back to the other three and wouldn’t you know it, tints of the characters colors behind him as well.
Alright thanks my friends, i really hope it is Doomguy

OffBi

Smash Ace
I think he's saying that if Doomguy comes; there's a possibility of him coming with the Mallow costume, and likely a Geno costume.

Until we have seen all the costumes for Doomguy we can't assume that Geno is in.
That doesn't make sense, geno isn't made by bethesda, or vice versa.

D

Deleted member

It would be awesome if they reveal SMRPG costumes without the Geno one and cuts back to Sakurai saying “it looks like there is someone missing from that lineup” and it cuts to a Geno trailer.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord

It wouldn't make sense for Super Mario RPG costumes to come with Doom Slayer... and I know you're gonna bring up Banjo, but I think that one was because Microsoft wouldn't allow Mii Fighter costumes based on their other series, hence the unrelated costumes for Banjo. I doubt Bethesda would have similar issues, they'd likely be more willing to allow stuff like Skyrim and Fallout costumes, which means there would be no reason to include Geno and Mallow costumes as unrelated filler.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
If we do get a cacodemon costume, it's safe to assume that since Mii costumes take a lot less time to develop than full on characters, they were done a while ago, hence cacomallow leak which happened in November. So if Geno came with some costumes, it's safe to assume they were already made and could just come later.

Last edited:

Droodle

Smash Lord
It wouldn't make sense for Super Mario RPG costumes to come with Doom Slayer... and I know you're gonna bring up Banjo, but I think that one was because Microsoft wouldn't allow Mii Fighter costumes based on their other series, hence the unrelated costumes for Banjo. I doubt Bethesda would have similar issues.
Yes, but it has happened before; we have little clue on how costumes are decided other then they tend to be related to the series/developer. Banjo was an outlier; but it just goes to show SMRPG costumes can POTENTIALLY come with a Doomguy.

That said I still don't buy this pixel theory yet so...

D

Deleted member

That doesn't make sense, geno isn't made by bethesda, or vice versa.
Megaman costumes and Sans came with Banjo and Kazooie.
Terry came with costumes from other fighting games owned by other companies. So, it's still entirely possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Yeah, but it has happened before. Sans, Goemon, Zero, are not made by Microsoft and still ended up as costumes for Banjo.
Except Banjo is owned by a rival company on par with Nintendo. Microsoft is in a seperate league from all the rest, so it was obvious we weren't getting Microsoft costumes. That won't likely happen to other unnecessary ones, since SMRPG ones should've come with Hero.
So no, if Doom Guy is coming, he will NOT be coming with SMRPG costumes. You guys clearly don't understand why Banjo didn't come with Microsoft costumes.

Last edited:

Droodle

Smash Lord
Except Banjo is owned by a rival company on par with Nintendo. Microsoft is in a seperate league from all the rest, so it was obvious we weren't getting Microsoft costumes. That won't likely happen to other unnecessary ones, since SMRPG ones should've come with Hero
That's the exact same reasoning people used to say Banjo can't be in Smash. I refuse to believe that Banjo as DLC, a Banjo stage, some Banjo remixes could all get into Smash; yet Nintendo decided that Mii Costumes are going past the line.

D

Deleted member

Except Banjo is owned by a rival company on par with Nintendo. Microsoft is in a seperate league from all the rest, so it was obvious we weren't getting Microsoft costumes. That won't likely happen to other unnecessary ones, since SMRPG ones should've come with Hero.
So no, if Doom Guy is coming, he will NOT be coming with SMRPG costumes. You guys clearly don't understand why Banjo didn't come with Microsoft costumes.
>>rival

Nintendo and Microsoft are coexisting just fine.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
God I am so anxious right now. I really want to feel as confident as everyone else but I haven't been able to since the Grinch Leak. I just don't want us to end up looking like idiots on Thursday or something.

Firox

Smash Master
Thought 1: I wonder what it would be like to have millions of people gawking and memeing at literally every word you say, every gesture you make and every piece of scenery around you at any given time. Sakurai must find it exhausting. Or intoxicating....

Thought 2: What if...bear with me...what if the three fingers were hinting at a TRIPLE reveal?! Hmmmm?

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
The whole "of course Banjo did not come with Mii Costumes because of rival company" is just stupid... If that's the cause, then we would not even have had Banjo in the game in the first place. So yes, we might get some unrelated spirits with DoomGuy would he so be in, be it SMRPG or some other franchise

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You see, square probably doesn't allow their costumes come with anyone else, but their characters, so your argument is dumb tbh.
This is not a dumb argument, it's a fair one. No need to be rude and get all up in arms. Besides, how do you know that Square does this?

Actually, don't answer because I know you don't know. I doubt 3rd party companies care which costumes come with which character. It's not the 3rd parties presenting it, it's Nintendo presenting it. As long as the other parties get compensated, I doubt they give a crap. I mean, why should they? It's not their game.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Thought 2: What if...bear with me...what if the three fingers were hinting at a TRIPLE reveal?! Hmmmm?
That's exactly what I think it means if it means anything, they're probably not going to hint at the character in the thumbnail and there's 3 question marks in the background. I really hope this happens, holy ****.

Last edited:

OffBi

Smash Ace
This is not a dumb argument, it's a fair one. No need to be rude and get all up in arms. Besides, how do you know that Square does this?

Actually, don't answer because I know you don't know. I doubt 3rd party companies care which costumes come with which character. It's not the 3rd parties presenting it, it's Nintendo presenting it. As long as the other parties get compensated, I doubt they give a crap. I mean, why should they? It's not their game.
Then tell me, with who could geno get revealed then.

Firox

Smash Master
I'm afraid I'll have to disagree, since I also forgot to mention something important: they're coming with an Echo Fighter...
Gosh dang it! My sight was just BARELY coming back, and the first thing I see is.....is.....THIS?! Now I have cataracts! Thanks a bajillion, dude.

Mastadoom88

Smash Apprentice
Thank you Droodle Droodle , that makes more sense. And I see what you mean. i still dont know for sure myself, and I will only be able to exhale when that segment is over in any case..

I dont think the smrpg costumes will come with Doom, but you are right about Banjo. I'm still optimistic. Though like I said to my gf yesterday, I wont be fully relaxed until playable Geno is on my screen.

Heoj

Smash Ace
I know this is risky, and i know others will disagree but dammit...

Geno is IN!
GenoSmash.png

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
I don't really see the difference between analyzing the pixels from the bad cropping of Sakurai to being any different to what we did at the Grinch Leak with Isaac and that didn't exactly turn out well (Although maybe the Green we saw was Piranha Plant?)

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
It wouldn't make sense for Super Mario RPG costumes to come with Doom Slayer... and I know you're gonna bring up Banjo, but I think that one was because Microsoft wouldn't allow Mii Fighter costumes based on their other series, hence the unrelated costumes for Banjo. I doubt Bethesda would have similar issues, they'd likely be more willing to allow stuff like Skyrim and Fallout costumes, which means there would be no reason to include Geno and Mallow costumes as unrelated filler.
Yes, but keep in mind none of the costumes made sense with Banjo's mii costume wave.

If we were to bundle costumes with Bethesda, we could be dealing with Cacodemon, Vault Boy, Dragonborn Armor.

But I am under the impression that they need to be separate reveals. Seeing the Cacodemon hat will get me excited, but I will only celebrate if Geno/Mallow/anything SMRPG does not follow it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom