• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Mother lovin Mr. Sakurai coming through with the mother lovin character reveal on this mother lovin Thursday woo! Ahem I mean.

I look forward to finally finding out who it is. You always come through Sakurai thank you!

I don't think it's Dante. But I am rooting for him to get in.

Last edited by a moderator:

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
she is an awful pick to end this pass on,
People really need to let go of this LaxChris-est mindset of "IT HAS TO BE HYPEFUL ENDING!!"

ingoreing the fact Smash has always, (5 bloody times) ended in a "wimp"

It should be pretty obvious that Sakurai doesn't pay attention or care about how the order he reveal the characters

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I'm praying for a Bethesda character to get more answers on CacoMallow. But I am also happy getting Puyo Puyo in Smash Bros as well.

What's most exciting to me is we are getting the current figher pass completed. Geno has had his first legitimate shot in speculation since 2018.

Man I am praying that all these years of fighting for an underdog like this pays off.

D

Deleted member

He is dabbing in the thumbnail? Sakurai you really are a national treasure.

Look I don't know who this could be but honestly I'm excited 35 minutes maybe it's more then one character. I don't know but I'm stolked should be fun.

All the same.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Here we finally are, down to the last of the 5 DLC characters. Who's it gonna be? At this point I just want it over with

I wonder how many additional DLC characters they'll have after

D

Deleted member

Then how do you explain the likes of Junichi Masuda retweeting the direct that confirmed Incineroar? Plus confirming downright that they have talked is worse NDA wize if Bethesda truly has a character
I guess that’s a fair point but, we still shouldn’t think something is going to happen just because a developer made a tweet. There’s a really fair chance nothing happens.

OffBi

Smash Ace
I think that it's probably doomguy, although it's plausible that it's someone else

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I guess that’s a fair point but, we still shouldn’t think something is going to happen just because a developer made a tweet. There’s a really fair chance nothing happens.
Agreed. I¨m just saying that looking back at other occurens I think its worth keep in mind at least.

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
Sakurai and the developers do amazing, jaw dropping work for this fafantastic series.

But, by God, do they botch the endgame hype every time.
I swear, they're almost comedically terrible at it. It's like they're TRYING to make the finale suck. I could just imagine how the entire DLC cycle comes to an end...

"And so, after Crash, Master Chief, Sephiroth, Geno and Sora, I give you......Mono-eye! But wait! There's more!.....Metapod! And Fire Emblem Soldier....with a sword! *GASP* We be crazy over here, huh?!"

D

Deleted member

I'm going KOS-MOS I'm probably wrong. But eh what the heck. Why not?

Imagine if it is Ryu in the end?

Hoo-boy after all this time. I do think he is coming and heck I hope he does would love him in.

But imagine.

Sakurai: You know nothing and I hold all the awnsers now stop trying to leak my game!

Fans: ".."

Haha just kidding know he's not like that.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Here we finally are, down to the last of the 5 DLC characters. Who's it gonna be? At this point I just want it over with

And since its 35 minutes, there may be a chance of a same day release, which means the set 5 mii costumes will be shown too.

Everyone will be holding their breathes for that 35 minutes. Ironically, THAT segment will have more attention to it from fanbases rather than fighter 5.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
And then it just winds up being Ryu and we all look like assholes in the end. Womp womp.
>One guy claims that Ryu is FP5 back in October/November
>Gets stomped and overtaken by the Evil Twins
>Several months pass, nobody knows who it is, everyone is tired and hungry
>Turns out first guy was right all along
>Sakurai unintentionally used insiders to hide FP5's true identity after it was already known
At that point I wouldn't even be mad, I'd be impressed more than anything.

It's January 16th, Doomguy has been revealed for Smash, and the next DLC character is to be revealed. The screen goes black, and then...
BOOM
It's Crystal Luigi, the fourth Mario Brother and the last DLC fighter. Everyone stunned, insiders in shambles, LaxChris on Scooby-Doo watch.
Sakurai: Never ask me for anything ever again.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
>Contact messages me.

> "Why are you making predictions out until next January? Are you crazy?"

> "I dunno. Got mad I guess..."

> "Dude... Slow your roll... Take things one presentation at a time."

>"Okay..."

I guess he has a point.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey star-boy no matter what happens don't think we've forgotten about you.

We'll never give up or ever stop trying until your in Smash.

This is your time, your moment, your game. Now hang tight because regardless of how the next couple of months go we won't give up until everyone knows Geno is in Smash!

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Okay, caught up now and I just remembered how much these kinds of presentations terrify me. Specifically because this is where the Mii costumes get shown off and I'm not ready for that kinda stab in the gut yet (or probably ever).

I'm hyped to have the FP5 wait be over though, we're gonna finally see who the **** it is after Deconfirmation Fest 2019 and the VGAs Disaster. Obviously, I hope Geno is shown as a fighter in this presentation but I dunno how likely that is.

One thing I have found interesting is how Sakurai is holding up 3 fingers and there's 3 question marks behind him in the image. I know I'm setting myself up for disappointment here, but that would be perfect to show off 3 new fighters with.

Either way, this does give credence to Fatman's speculation of FP5 and a bonus fighter being shown off together. It'd make sense for a Smash specific presentation.

QQS

Smash Lord
CC846AC2-1F70-40C4-86B2-78BEBADE41AA.jpeg

I think Hayabusa is #75 and Geno #76. Anyway, he is in. If not, he is #77. But for me he is 100% in.

Can you imagine The Big Four all at once? Ridley/King + Banjo/Geno. Freak’n insane.

Cant wait!

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Hold on I just thought of something

assuming a general direct is coming, would they ALSO have a character reveal? Or would that have to wait until sometime like February to give whoever this is time to breathe.

Firox

Smash Master
View attachment 257311

I think Hayabusa is #75 and Geno #76. Anyway, he is in. If not, he is #77. But for me he is 100% in.

Can you imagine The Big Four all at once? Ridley/King + Banjo/Geno. Freak’n insane.

Cant wait!
Those fingers......that pose....it could only be.......SAILOR MOON shines bright! :4pacman:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Hold on I just thought of something

assuming a general direct is coming, would they ALSO have a character reveal? Or would that have to wait until sometime like February to give whoever this is time to breathe.
No. I think Nintendo wants us to die screaming in joy. Big ass Smash reveal + Big ass revival of a dead franchise in the next Direct are what I'm predicting the big ass takeaways to be.

D

Deleted member

I just came back from the future guys. Me and the Doc returned unharmed for those concerned and the DeLorien will be back in peak physical condition in no time.

Anyways, it's Kratos.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Honestly I kind of hope it isn't Arle (nothing against her personally). Otherwise we'll never hear the end of it from Daisy Theory and picture theory evangelists.

Doctor Mario is the superior puzzle rep anyway. Fite me

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Sora as 5 would be an awesome reveal. Sadly I have more hope for the heat death of the universe being tomorrow than I do for Sora being a DLC character.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Sora as 5 would be an awesome reveal. Sadly I have more hope for the heat death of the universe being tomorrow than I do for Sora being a DLC character.
I disagree. If sora showed up as number 5, geno is all but guaranteed to another sentence in mii costume hell

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Honestly I kind of hope it isn't Arle (nothing against her personally). Otherwise we'll never hear the end of it from Daisy Theory and picture theory evangelists.

Doctor Mario is the superior puzzle rep anyway. Fite me
I would be annoyed as it meant that her developers ruined the surprise barely an hour after the reveal announcement.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
I disagree. If sora showed up as number 5, geno is all but guaranteed to another sentence in mii costume hell
Not to mention, he may have the worst fanbases for any highly requested new comer. If I gotta see that gif of Sora slowly smiling again, I may punch a hole through my wall.

Last edited:

RuffyYoshi

Smash Journeyman
I just came back from the future guys. Me and the Doc returned unharmed for those concerned and the DeLorien will be back in peak physical condition in no time.

Anyways, it's Kratos.
Hey I'd be TOTALLY down with Kratos. (or Ratchet and Clank)

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Anyways, it's Kratos.
I think you came from the wrong future. I time traveled many times before and one future I went to had Sony having brought Nintendo before, where what you said happened. It didn't happen in any other future I went to.

Before anyone else asks, I forgot who Fighter 5 really is.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Not to mention, he may have the worst fanbases for any highly requested new comer. If I gotta see that gif of Sora slowly smiling again, I may punch a hole through my wall.
Ironic how the fandom that says the are all suger spice anf everything nice is over here calling other. a fandom the worst fanbase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom