• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Word of advice: don't set your hopes tooooo high on a female character. Hype is a drug; use it responsibly.
You think I'm high on hype? I'm high on disappointment!

What if that leak was fake? What if it were just mere Mii costumes? Will you come knocking on my inbox with some death threats?

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Everyone is getting excited for a fake when I got the real deal right here.
IMG_20191104_025941.jpg
Read it and weep ladies and gentlemen.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So my theory about "table setting" may have been right and we may have been leaked a clue about who the two placeholders are for? What a wild weekend. In the US it's super ****ing early in the morning so major statements on Twitter and the like probably won't be coming for like another half a day.

Last edited:

RingJ5

Smash Ace

What if that leak was fake? What if it were just mere Mii costumes? Will you come knocking on my inbox with some death threats?
I was literally quoting you, you told us all to get less excited for Geno with that exact phrase a day or two ago.

Word of advice: don't set your hopes tooooo high on Geno, in case you all are expecting a bit of disappointment. Hype is a drug; use it responsibly.

Last edited:

Nicnac

Smash Ace
So my theory about "table setting" may have been right and we may have been leaked a clue about who the two placeholders are for? What a wild weekend. In the US it's super ****ing in the morning so major statements on Twitter and the like probably won't be coming for like another half a day.
What's your "table setting" theory?

AEMehr

Mii Fighter

I don't understand why you're choosing to take this as badly as you appear to be.

Like, I get you like certain characters but to disdain so harshly over a temporary loss is confusing. You do realize there are more fighters in the coming future, right?

Rikarte

Smash Ace
In all seriousness: I hate to be that guy but Geno is still not confirmed. It could very well be that Nintendo is just trying to satisfy the Mario RPG fans by adding the Mallow outfit to the returning Geno costume. After all, Mallow also got a spirit despite the vast majority of fans primarily being interested in Geno.

D

Deleted member

I don't understand why you're choosing to take this as badly as you appear to be.

Like, I get you like certain characters but to disdain so harshly over a temporary loss is confusing. You do realize there are more fighters in the coming future, right?
I have no hope for future DLC. That's the second time.

Plank08

Smash Lord
In all seriousness: I hate to be that guy but Geno is still not confirmed. It could very well be that Nintendo is just trying to satisfy the Mario RPG fans by adding the Mallow outfit to the returning Geno costume. After all, Mallow also got a spirit despite the vast majority of fans primarily being interested in Geno.
Nope, your opinion is flawed I win bye bye :ultpacman:

D

Deleted member

And can I ask why not? Sakurai is pulling out all the stops right now- if this is the last game he makes, may as well go out with a bang.
Because...because...because someone uploaded his wishlist of future DLC and all of them are male with no females.

All I wanted was just one female fighter.

That is all.

And I can't believe I'm shaking.

Plank08

Smash Lord
Because...because...because someone uploaded his wishlist of future DLC and all of them are male with no females.

That is all.

Ok a random wishlist doesn’t determine whether your getting a female or not calm down, you need some faith dlcs not even close to over

Nicnac

Smash Ace

That is all.

Let me get this straight:

Someone who is not Sakurai posted Sakurai's wishlist and you believe it despite having no proof it's legitimate?

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I have no hope for future DLC. That's the second time.
Then perhaps the best option for you is to look outward to something else that may interest you.

I personally hold little interest in any of the characters in Smash outside of the maybe the Kirby series, so I play as Miis to play as characters I like holding out for someone I'm truly passionate to main and compete as. My tastes are niche so I doubt anyone I really care about will be added, especially as DLC, but I mean I still like playing the game so I have to deal.

That is all.

You shouldn't take their preferences like they think you're wrong for wanting what you want. Everyone has their tastes, so you shouldn't take what they like so personally.

DIY

Smash Apprentice
Everyone is getting excited for a fake when I got the real deal right here.
View attachment 244885
Read it and weep ladies and gentlemen.
No lie, I have always jokingly wanted Sandbag as a playable character. I always thought it would be hilarious if Nintendo added it as a completely useless troll character that no one could win with.

Sovereign Trinity

Smash Ace
I'm here after seeing PapaGenos' new video. That Mallow Mii costume is looking fresh, and after hearing that Smithy is also getting a Mii costume as well, I'm hoping to see that (if this whole thing is real).

This is wild if true, both of my most wanteds.
Wow, it's literally got your two most wanted in this video. What great timing for you, man, haha.
The main thing im worried about with this leak is if the geno mii costume comes back and we just get mallow mii costume. It obviously doesn't make much sense to add mallow mii costume without playable geno but the fact that it can still happen worries me...
I saw the video and thought I was about to see the Geno Mii costume next to Mallow's, but I was wrong... If this is real and Geno is an actual playable character, I can't wait to see what Geno looks like now, especially after 23 (16 if you count the Superstar Saga cameo) years.

If this whole thing is real, I'm really hoping we get SMRPG on the Switch soon.

D

Deleted member

Let me get this straight:

Someone who is not Sakurai posted Sakurai's wishlist and you believe it despite having no proof it's legitimate?
It could be. It looked credible. It looked like something Sakurai would think of.

And I can't believe females are left out. It's disappointing.

Then perhaps the best option for you is to look outward to something else that may interest you.

I personally hold little interest in any of the characters in Smash outside of the maybe the Kirby series, so I play as Miis to play as characters I like holding out for someone I'm truly passionate to main and compete as. My tastes are niche so I doubt anyone I really care about will be added, especially as DLC, but I mean I still like playing the game so I have to deal.
You shouldn't take their preferences like they think you're wrong for wanting what you want. Everyone has their tastes, so you shouldn't take what they like so personally.
Smash dictated my life ever since. I can't change to another interest.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
Basically that the Smash website is already prepped for #5, #6, and #7 and we may learn of all of them via a Smash Direct by the end of year.
I know it’s probably going to be Ryu, but if it turns out that my prediction was somehow true and they knock out both Geno and Waluigi with a big double-reveal... holy ****.

Last edited:

grizby2

Smash Lord
It could be. It looked credible. It looked like something Sakurai would think of.

And I can't believe females are left out. It's disappointing.

Smash dictated my life ever since. I can't change to another interest.
just you wait. the 2nd fighter pass is gonna be all females, and shantae is gonna be the the first one~

Mariobro_

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mariobro_WiiU
3DS FC
1805-2375-5612
Switch FC
7913-4114-6709
haven't been active in this thread for a little while but oh my god i just got caught up on the current video/image leak and this is insane. no idea what to think. i want to believe it but i don't wanna get burned again

Bionichute

Smash Champion
heard from a friend that a friend of theirs found a video of the guy who made this leak explaining that its fake. considering no one here or anywhere else seems to have found that video, i have major doubts, but i'd like to see what other people think about that possibility

The Revolutionary Cafe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CafeRevolution
3DS FC
2766-9632-2051
Switch FC
5665-2697-0979
heard from a friend that a friend of theirs found a video of the guy who made this leak explaining that its fake. considering no one here or anywhere else seems to have found that video, i have major doubts, but i'd like to see what other people think about that possibility
The only way I could see this being fake is if someone made some massive discoveries with ult mii costume mods and wanted to show it off in a big way

Rikarte

Smash Ace
Okay so I was gathering some more thoughts: Geno is still pretty popular within the Japanese Smash fandom, right? What if he would deal as some sort of sweetener after the potential Doom Guy reveal?

D

Deleted member

Okay so I was gathering some more thoughts: Geno is still pretty popular within the Japanese Smash fandom, right? What if he would deal as some sort of sweetener after the potential Doom Guy reveal?
Probably because Japan is gonne be salty.

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
Why not just tell your friend for the video?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom