• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

QQS

Smash Lord
Usually I don’t play with Stage Hazards or items, but if we got Forest Maze stage, I would freaking love to see Bowyer shooting arrows from the sky. And also he is the boss from SMRPG which I remember the most and the one that “made a mark” on my memories of that game. Also, probably they will add Mallow as an assist or maybe as a part of Geno’s FS just to have him making a comeback in a way.

Getting Geno alive as a fighter after more than 2 decades would be f*cking epic and a dream come true. Im pretty sure he is coming back and that the Development Team would do a perfect job in terms of everything (design, moveset, music, sounds, stage, taunts, animations, etc, just like they did with Banjo-Kazooie.

It will be so magical to play as Geno. Call me a dreamy but if you ask me, he is already in. I already said in a thousand of posts and I believe he will be #75 or #76.

Just to mention, I was born in 1990 so I was 6 years when I first played that game and still got goosebumps when I see Geno’s footage. It was a Christmas gift when I first opened and get SMRPG on my hands.

It will teleport to my childhood. It will be a warm welcome to our Hero.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
The only way I would want Bowyer being playable is if he can cancel out a command at any time he feels like it. (Attacks, Specials or Jumps)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Who y'all got appearing on the Forest Maze stage?

Mallow and Bowyer, for sure. I think it would be cool if it was a Battlefield style stage with downward slants toward the edge. When Mallow cried it would obviously rain, making the edge dangerous to camp.
I know Forest Maze is the fan-favorite idea, but I think we're thinking too small.

How about Super Mario RPG as the stage? The whole world map explored like Yggdrasil's Altar or Delfino Plaza, with cameos at every stop. It'd continue the theme of Square and Nintendo's partnership in the matter, having obvious Mario portions and the things that were uniquely Square. Really do the game justice after so long.

D

Deleted member

Here's an interesting hypothetical scenario I would like all of your opinions on: What if Geno was the first post-FP DLC character but he didn't come with a stage instead he came with Music, Spirits and a Mallow Assist Trophy in place of a Stage? Would you prefer that or Geno with a Stage (said Stage would be Forest Maze)?

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I know Forest Maze is the fan-favorite idea, but I think we're thinking too small.

How about Super Mario RPG as the stage? The whole world map explored like Yggdrasil's Altar or Delfino Plaza, with cameos at every stop. It'd continue the theme of Square and Nintendo's partnership in the matter, having obvious Mario portions and the things that were uniquely Square. Really do the game justice after so long.
It would be a shame if all of the game's fantastic locales went unrepresented. It would be kind of sick if the stage was the Royal Bus from Nimbus Land and it carries players all across the map.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Here's an interesting hypothetical scenario I would like all of your opinions on: What if Geno was the first post-FP DLC character but he didn't come with a stage instead he came with Music, Spirits and a Mallow Assist Trophy in place of a Stage? Would you prefer that or Geno with a Stage (said Stage would be Forest Maze)?
Even if the stage were total casual mode, at least I could play it FD or BF mode. I'd never use or appreciate an item.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The idea of the "Big 5" is one that doesn't really look past, idk, last summer.

There are so many popular characters that were included previously to Ultimate people seem to forget there were a solid handful that outclassed much of "the five" pre-inclusion, especially if you're just looking at individual points in time (much as the term "big 5" does).

6eyondthegrave

Smash Apprentice
Some motivation to buy the Geno themed Joy-Con :D

View attachment 241260
maybe the evee joy con (light brown) would be a better match. Do you have it?

If you had to pick a stage for Geno, what would it be? I know the two popular picks are Forest Maze and Bower’s Keep. I would love Bower’s Keep and bosses from RPG would be hazards for the stage.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
If you had to pick a stage for Geno, what would it be? I know the two popular picks are Forest Maze and Bower’s Keep. I would love Bower’s Keep and bosses from RPG would be hazards for the stage.
I liked the idea of Vista Hill that transitions to Star Hill or vice versa potentially with cameos and other stops on the way and the royal bus could literally be the vehicle through which those transitions occur, but I would gladly accept no stage at all if it meant we got Geno as a fighter. It does seem high time we got a Bowser's Keep/Castle stage, but Forest Maze would still be my second highest rated preference personally.

Also, as usual, this is unrelated, although I don't usually have dreams, I had a funny/disheartening dream last night. Geno was confirmed for Smash in a video from Nintendo totally outside of the window everyone expected the next reveal to occur. We have been so used to disappointment that we actually didn't think it was real but after people pointed out that it was legit Nintendo posting the video we all got excited only to find out that those Nintendo accounts had been hacked and trolls had made these convincing videos and gone out of their way to troll us. Then we found out who the real next fighter was and it was literally someone so unexciting and forgettable that I actually forget who it was lol. Glad it was just a dream.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Big same for me, but exor MUST be a stage hazard for the latter. I would also be fine with booster tower or star hill, but those seem unlikely

So it's been a few weeks. What did I miss.
We topped the poll for most wanted in that tri-discord poll. But that's just according to the raw data. I'm going to TRUST that nobody was stupid enough to bot their votes.

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Geno's stage will be Geno himself. The stage hazard will be playable Geno. Well, hazardous to his detractors.

D

Deleted member

We topped the poll for most wanted in that tri-discord poll. But that's just according to the raw data. I'm going to TRUST that nobody was stupid enough to bot their votes.
The kind of people who'd bot votes would be the ones who'd bot "least wanted" or put a literal meme for their top pick. I'm going to make a bold statement that I believe every Expect/Want vote for Geno is 100% legitimate barring some rare instances where people forgot to put their name or wanted to change their name with a twitter handle/discord tag.

Mastadoom88

Smash Apprentice
The idea of the "Big 5" is one that doesn't really look past, idk, last summer.

There are so many popular characters that were included previously to Ultimate people seem to forget there were a solid handful that outclassed much of "the five" pre-inclusion, especially if you're just looking at individual points in time (much as the term "big 5" does).
I've been lurking in speculation since roughly the Brawl times, and while I may just have this concept in my head; I thought that since then at least there was the "Impossible Trio" of Ridley, K. Rool, and Geno.

Of course, BK and Issac were always mentioned as well (particularly in 4 for the latter), but it was my impression "the holy trinity of sorts" was the aforementioned three (which I am confident this game will see brought to fruition)

Firox

Smash Master
The only way I would want Bowyer being playable is if he can cancel out a command at any time he feels like it. (Attacks, Specials or Jumps)
OMG, that's the most freaking awesome idea I've heard yet for a stage. Imagine playing with hazards on, Bowyer is in the background with the A, B, X and Y buttons laid out around him like in the game. Every minute or so he shoots one and paralyzes that option. I can't even fathom how intense it would be to fight in a brawl where no one could jump or if zoners suddenly got shut down from lack of specials. Or not being able to attack with anything BUT specials! It would be so much fun! (as long as you aren't trying to 1v1 competitively)

D

Deleted member

I've been lurking in speculation since roughly the Brawl times, and while I may just have this concept in my head; I thought that since then at least there was the "Impossible Trio" of Ridley, K. Rool, and Geno.

Of course, BK and Issac were always mentioned as well (particularly in 4 for the latter), but it was my impression "the holy trinity of sorts" was the aforementioned three (which I am confident this game will see brought to fruition)
Yeah, historically there's the impossible trio, but it really has evolved into 5 or 6 characters, since those Bandana Dee people never let up either.

I made this
Am I the only person who legitimately doesn't think Doom Guy is getting in? His inclusion would be a huge shock to me.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, historically there's the impossible trio, but it really has evolved into 5 or 6 characters, since those Bandana Dee people never let up either.

Am I the only person who legitimately doesn't think Doom Guy is getting in? His inclusion would be a huge shock to me.
I think Doom Slayer has a shot, but I don't think he has as big of a shot as people make it out to be. I know someone who thinks he's literally guaranteed to be in, but no character is.

Not even my boys Geno and Crash

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I think there's a big difference in terms of when Ridley, K. Rool, Banjo, and Geno started getting support and when the other characters started getting solid momentum though.

I think in a post BK-reveal world where talks of meetings and openness from higher ups translated to a character getting in I think of the characters that aren't ATs or Spirits (if spirits deconfirm for the initial FP) Doomguy is a character that has more going for him than most just by Bethesda's Senior Vice President of Global Marketing/Communications openly confirming that Bethesda and Nintendo have had discussions about SSBU specifically, and the knowledge that Nintendo gave Sakurai a list of characters for the FP. Because that's honestly a much more solid confirmation that there's a possibility than Phil Spencer just saying Microsoft would be open to BK in Smash and look at where we are now. Whether he ends up being an FP character or bonus DLC is up in the air, but in a pass that's supposed to bring surprises I think the protagonist of a violent FPS where you shoot demons in Hell would be a big enough surprise to end the DLC.

Last edited:

Rikarte

Smash Ace

Nah, I agree. Doom Guy is not nearly as likely as people think imo

D

Deleted member

I think in a post BK-reveal world where talks of meetings and openness from higher ups translated to a character getting in I think of the characters that aren't ATs or Spirits (if spirits deconfirm for the initial FP) Doomguy is a character that has more going for him than most just by Bethesda's Senior Vice President of Global Marketing/Communications openly confirming that Bethesda and Nintendo have had discussions about SSBU specifically, and the knowledge that Nintendo gave Sakurai a list of characters for the FP. Because that's honestly a much more solid confirmation that there's a possibility than Phil Spencer just saying Microsoft would be open to BK in Smash and look at where we are now. Whether he ends up being an FP character or bonus DLC is up in the air, but in a pass that's supposed to bring surprises I think the protagonist of a violent FPS where you shoot demons in Hell would be a big enough surprise to end the DLC.
That kind of stuff is too solid a confirmation, to me. It's the kind of things you say to get people talking about your game which is coming to a Nintendo console, rather than the kind of things you're allowed to say when your character is slated to be added to the most high profile crossover ever created. And yes, my implication here is that Bethesda is using Smash to market their game without ever actually bothering to put their character in the game.

riggsbass

Smash Apprentice
So I know all that leak stuff about Geno was fake... but it's good to have more names, eyes and ears on Geno.

Like, because of ZeRo and PapaGenos/Blocked Content talking about him some more, his name is thrown around more. More posts are happening on Reddit's Smash subreddits, GameFAQs, and Twitter because of them. Social influence is a good thing - even if some of it is negative press!

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
I honestly see the Dragonborn from Skyrim as more likely Bethesda rep then Doomguy.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I honestly see the Dragonborn from Skyrim as more likely Bethesda rep then Doomguy.
This tbh. I’ve been thinking Dovahkiin (or the Dragonborn) is pretty likely ever since the DLC’s focus on third party was revealed

Bremy

Smash Apprentice
Doomguy, or any bethesda rep, imo doesn't have much going for him, other than "he makes sense". Bethesda saying that they talked to nintendo about smash feels like it would break NDA if he was truly in. If grant kirkope or phil Spencer said the same, it definately would have given it away. I wouldn't dislike his inclusion at all, he'd be an interesting character. I just dont think he has much solid evidence right now.

Now the extra dlc, he definstely has a chance. Strictly talking about fp 5

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
I really wish we had some sort of news now, this drought is driving me insane. Give us terry’s release and the reveal of the final fp character so we can either start cheering or start pushing for him in the next round of dlc.

D

Deleted member

I really wish we had some sort of news now, this drought is driving me insane. Give us terry’s release and the reveal of the final fp character so we can either start cheering or start pushing for him in the next round of dlc.
Just gotta take it easy. Relax, play Smash, do things you like. We're already pushing for Geno as hard as we can, nothing's gonna change what's been in the works since July.

November's my birth month, good things always happen then. Geno's gonna come and grant a birthday wish I've had for two decades.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Those are both wrong.

We'll get Todd Howard himself as DLC.

All of his spirits and costumes are Skyrim-based, obviously.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
As much as I love Skyrim I really don't find this to be the case. DOOM is a first person shooter, a genre that has yet to be represented in Smash Bros. And beyond that, it's known for being one of the earliest series with that style of play. It also has strong and longtime ties to Nintendo consoles, unlike The Elder Scrolls.

Last edited:

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
All this talk regarding a Bethesda rep, I would almost hedge my bets on something unexpected from them in this regard. I can almost see Sakurai going the route of a Fallout rep in the form of the Vault Boy mascot, sidestepping the inclusion of realistic FPS-type weapons to employ a more cartoony style of weaponry and attacks.

It feels unlikely, yet at the same time, almost feels right. :ultduckhunt:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
All this talk regarding a Bethesda rep, I would almost hedge my bets on something unexpected from them in this regard. I can almost see Sakurai going the route of a Fallout rep in the form of the Vault Boy mascot, sidestepping the inclusion of realistic FPS-type weapons to employ a more cartoony style of weaponry and attacks.

It feels unlikely, yet at the same time, almost feels right. :ultduckhunt:
As much as Doom Marine is my preferred Bethesda rep... dang, uh. I really wouldn't have a single complaint about this. Bring it ON.

D

Deleted member

DOOM is a first person shooter, a genre that has yet to be represented in Smash Bros.
Metroid Prime: Am I a joke to you?

My problem with the argument that "this genre isn't represented in Smash" as a justification for adding a character is that there are genres that just don't translate well to the Smash formula. Not saying he's an impossibility due to that, but him being added to Smash wouldn't represent first person shooters any more than Snake somehow represents stealth games.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Metroid Prime: Am I a joke to you?

My problem with the argument that "this genre isn't represented in Smash" as a justification for adding a character is that there are genres that just don't translate well to the Smash formula. Not saying he's an impossibility due to that, but him being added to Smash wouldn't represent first person shooters any more than Snake somehow represents stealth games.
I don't disagree with that. I'm just all for Smash expanding in certain directions to incorporate as much of Video Game History as possible. I'd never write out Metroid Prime, but it's a deviation from the series' format so I would also never call Samus an FPS representative. I think if anything Duck Hunt is our FPS guy right now. And as always, I would take Joanna Dark if I could get her. rip.

QQS

Smash Lord
Best idea ever SSGuy (Bowyer canceling commands). It would be so much epic and well translated Bowyer’s essence to the battle. No A, no Specials or no Jump.
C5B0B60B-18C9-4B8A-9BFA-BDFA6ADCF171.jpeg

I also like the World Map Stage and the arena making zoom in each area to make some justice to the game.
0BB88349-7413-4F51-A98D-D76172F3EA6D.png

Anyway, what the Development Team decide, it would be perfect. No doubts about that. Smash is just amazing and each time it’s getting bigger & better. I only ask for Geno as DLC (with Stage & Music) and won’t ask anything more ever.

If you are reading this, thanks Sakurai. An all time Nintendo, Smash & Geno fan from the ‘90.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom