• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I have a feeling these polls have slight bias to them. Especially since it was super convenient Sora topped all 3 regions last poll and Geno is suddenly the top two in America and Europe in this one.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I have a feeling these polls have slight bias to them. Especially since it was super convenient Sora topped all 3 regions last poll and Geno is suddenly the top two in America and Europe in this one.
I just want to know how these polls are being tallied. I feel like we keep seeing polls, but nobody knows a source.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
We should really make sure this stuff is sourced.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
We should really make sure this stuff is sourced.
Eh. It has people talking about Geno. Any pub is good pub as I always say.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Geno is the only third party character I want now.
I really hope he gets in this time.
Rest assured that, at least in this guy's humble opinion, the Bandana Lads deserve their character, too. You guys are so chill, and a new Kirby rep in general would be really hype. Here's to both of us getting our guys in(hopefully sooner rather than later)!
Anyway, on topic...if Geno is in (I don’t think it’s guaranteed but things are looking good) I wonder when they would reveal him. On paper E3 makes sense when that’s where fan favorites Ridley and Banjo were revealed, but he also feels a bit obscure on that front, at least if he’s the only reveal (then again let’s be honest how many people outside of Smash/Metroid diehards know who tf Ridley is compared to the general populace? lol).
I always expected Geno to be revealed in a Smash Direct, if anywhere. Considering how well-known he is for Smash specifically, it just makes sense in my mind. They'll probably reveal someone more iconic like Crash or Master Chief (for example) at E3; save the real "break-the-internet" picks for the biggest gaming event of the year.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

When Geno gets added to Smash, I want to see a Smash Kingdom video celebrating his inclusion!

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I think Geno's chances stand at a solid 80%.
Not as Fighter Pack 5, because I think they were all chosen before Spirits were finalized.
But after the Fighter's Pass, I think Geno is a shoe-in along with Crash Bandicoot.

T2by4

Smash Lord
Really do hope the music theory ends up being true and our wishes comes true. Every mii fighter presentation is going to be nervewracking from this point forward. Surely nintendo would know not to leave a popular character hanging until the every end and get everyone outraged like they did with Isaac... right?.. RIGHT? PLEASE DON'T LET US DOWN NINTENDO. PLEASE.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Really do hope the music theory ends up being true and our wishes comes true. Every mii fighter presentation is going to be nervewracking from this point forward. Surely nintendo would know not to leave a popular character hanging until the every end and get everyone outraged like they did with Isaac... right?.. RIGHT? PLEASE DON'T LET US DOWN NINTENDO. PLEASE.
That's the curse of more DLC characters, our fate isn't truly known until Geno is in or the final one is revealed... which could be two years from now depending on how long they go...

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
Either we get Geno, or we Get a Geno Mii Costume with some tracks...
I expect the first because of the BoFM remix..
Anyways, Hiatus until November I guess!

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
Even if they do as good of a job with a Geno costume as they did with Sans, I'll still be disappointed. Every time I bring out my Isaac Mii I get sad. At this point I don't even play it much, in large part because of that sadness.

Rikarte

Smash Ace
Even if they do as good of a job with a Geno costume as they did with Sans, I'll still be disappointed. Every time I bring out my Isaac Mii I get sad. At this point I don't even play it much, in large part because of that sadness.
Even if they upgrade the Mii outfit to the level of Sans' it wouldn't feel right imo. In SMRPG Geno is the fast glass cannon while Mii Gunner is a slow zoner. The two do not match at all besides visuals.
Yeah, I'd take it over nothing but I certainly wouldn't be satisfied.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Well, to be fair, Geno has the potential to look good as a Mii costume as long as they make his head an option and not just his hat. There's no possible way to make a Mii look like Isaac with his Mii costume. At best you're gonna get a Mii-faced Goblin-looking, knockoff Isaac.

But yeah obviously Geno being playable would be much cooler.

D

Deleted member

We could still get some 1st party franchise characters though.
I don’t want the rest of the characters to be third party franchises.

Last edited by a moderator:

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
That's not at all what that's saying. "Realized" is referring to whether the character can work well in Smash or not. It has nothing to do with public knowledge, so keep calm, kiddo.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Geno could be a collaboration between Nintendo and SE, just like Banjo was a collaboration between Nintendo and Microsoft

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Me neither. But if Nintendo is choosing the DLC, and Sakurai talk about collaborations... yeah, then I doubt it will be any first-party

D

Deleted member

I know NoA would be aware of Geno’s popularity. But I don’t what Nintendo of Japan thinks.

D

Deleted member

you'll have to forgive me for being dense - I don't exactly see how that does anything positive or negative to Geno's chances.
ok, re-reading trying to be as morbid as possible and going by the context clues presented in this very thread I think I get it now: you're under the assumption that he means Nintendo chose the DLC this time too. I took it as how Sakurai typically rambles in these columns about things that are far in the past or we already know.

I feel like if DLC beyond the current pass was finalized he would have tweeted about it just like last time.

riggsbass

Smash Apprentice
I know NoA would be aware of Geno’s popularity. But I don’t what Nintendo of Japan thinks.
Japan is also big into the idea of Geno being playable. And considering Sakurai is more closely associated with NoJ I think it's probably a similar mindset.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
It's kind of hinted in the Banjo & Kazooie showcase that it could be all third party as Sakurai says he may never have the opportunity to add this many characters again, most likely referring to third party characters. Him saying that he wants push for more collaborations furthers it. With First and Second party characters, it's a lot easier to get them since Nintendo would have shares on the IPs so he'll probably save them for the next game.

What this means for Geno, I think he's still in the green and I think he would have better chance of being either #76 of additional DLC or the more unlikely scenario, Fighter #75 of the fighters pass. With all the evidence for Geno, I feel pretty conflicted for which one he could be.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
It's kind of hinted in the Banjo & Kazooie showcase that it could be all third party as Sakurai says he may never have the opportunity to add this many characters again, most likely referring to third party characters. Him saying that he wants push for more collaborations furthers it. With First and Second party characters, it's a lot easier to get them since Nintendo would have shares on the IPs so he'll probably save them for the next game.

What this means for Geno, I think he's still in the green and I think he would have better chance of being either #76 of additional DLC or the more unlikely scenario, Fighter #75 of the fighters pass. With all the evidence for Geno, I feel pretty conflicted for which one he could be.
“Never have a chance to add this many characters again” just seems more like in general rather than third party. Pushing for collaborations means more third parties for sure. I doubt that’s all though.

But who knows. It’s possible.

Midget Master

Smash Apprentice
I honestly can't say Geno's chances are hurt purely on the basis of "Nintendo might have picked the DLC again" when Nintendo picked the Fighter's Pass and the Fighter's Pass had Banjo. Banjo was all but a 100% fanservice pick - compared to Minecraft, the infinitely more "corporate" pick, he does Nintendo no favors. Sakurai literally had to tell us to go play those games on the XBox. Not to mention that I'm still not ready to say Geno definitely isn't Fighter's Pass #5.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
I don't think Geno will be a Mii Fighter costume on his own again. Let's think about this for a moment regarding Square Enix, they tend to be fairly stingy with music tied to characters or IPs they own. That, and I don't think Square would go along with a Mii Fighter costume plus 2 music tracks for just 78 cents. Toby Fox was willing to play ball there, but Square Enix is a very different story.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I honestly can't say Geno's chances are hurt purely on the basis of "Nintendo might have picked the DLC again" when Nintendo picked the Fighter's Pass and the Fighter's Pass had Banjo. Banjo was all but a 100% fanservice pick - compared to Minecraft, the infinitely more "corporate" pick, he does Nintendo no favors. Sakurai literally had to tell us to go play those games on the XBox. Not to mention that I'm still not ready to say Geno definitely isn't Fighter's Pass #5.
It’d be nice if he just showed up as #5 and we didn’t have to worry anymore.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

So the Twitter poll from a few days ago is a fake and it's photo shopped.

That's the curse of more DLC characters, our fate isn't truly known until Geno is in or the final one is revealed... which could be two years from now depending on how long they go...
We could be in the long run lads! Just never give up hope!

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't be too worried with what has been said from the leaked Sakurai column. We don't know the full context. Even then, the huge publicity Banjo got when he was revealed, might encourage Nintendo to get another fan favorite in the next wave. Geno is also technically 3rd party. I'm not expecting that many first parties ether, but Geno is in a unique spot of being a 3rd party character that I'd say he's still in the running even if they don't really want to do 1st party characters anymore

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord

So the Twitter poll from a few days ago is a fake and it's photo shopped.

We could be in the long run lads! Just never give up hope!
Yeah, I don’t know why people are believing any polls that are coming out this past week.

Everyone is going to create fake polls to make it look like the character they want is wanted everywhere.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom