• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
True. But is the sample size bigger than the amount of songs taken down that didn't end up being relevant to Smash?
Compared to Nintendo taking down music on YouTube that is unrelated to Smash Ultimate DLC, they would be supreme outliers. As far as I know the only one that can even be actually confirmed is Megalovania, a sample size of 1. Anyone can always feel free and enjoy reading into it as much as they want, but in this case you can't rely on statistics to infer a relationship solely between Nintendo claiming copyright and Smash Ultimate DLC. Without extra information, which no one but Nintendo has and they aren't going to give it away, there's no way to confidently assign or unassigned meaning to YouTube music takedowns about this.

Edit: spelling

Last edited:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
well that was really fun, for any future things like that I would recommend keeping everyone on the same plane used for the final in every version that was a bit disorienting. leaned to hard on being familiar with the explicit piece of art being drawn in some cases like rayman but I still enjoyed it.

to be fair I was pretty 60/40 on skull kid and shantae for that last one since nothing really fit other than what could be discerned as the mask and shantaes hair.

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Howdy!

Seems like Geno is still in the running. The announcement of even more DLC characters after the Fighter's Pass, along with the Geno Mii Costume still not returning, fills me with hope. When Sans and the other 3rd party costumes announced, I honestly thought Geno would be a goner, but they didn't mention him...

dalolman

Smash Cadet
So, I recently thought about something in regards to Fighter #5. Of course, I feel that Geno WILL be joining the roster, and initially I thought he'd be the bonus character after the current Fighters Pass. However, with Nintendo revealing that more DLC fighters are in development, I've been debating on whether Fighter #5 would end up being either Doom Slayer, or Geno. Rewatching Terry's reveal trailer however, has begun to convince me that Fighter #5 might in fact be Geno. Reasons? Well, I'll just leave these two pieces here.

I think this is a stretch man, though it would make sense, this trailer's just packed full of FF/KoF references.

Still kinda bummed that it wasn't Metal Slug, but SNK deserves a spot in Smash regardless.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
If these were the six that were revealed, I don't think anyone could complain. That's a pretty safe/desired list among the general public.
I like to think it's a pretty reasonable list. You have:
Never-Ever: Geno
Assist to Echo: Shadow
Assist to Fighter: Isaac
Indie Rep: Shantae
Platformer Protag: Rayman
Kirby Rep: Bandana Dee

These are the six main ones I really want to see in Smash now. I will say that I would like a Globox Echo for Rayman.

Also Rohanx17 Rohanx17 , thanks for the advice! I think Sakurai kind of made it a little funky too, so I'll work on a better one now. ;) Get ready for...

Smash Mode

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I've been gone for months, getting my life back together. I had to transfer schools, rebuild my relationship with my father, and after all that, I can finally say I'm in a happy place. Life is finally good. Sooo, I've been out of the loop when it comes to leaks and all that.

I know SNK was rumored right before Terry's announcement, but has anything else notable happened recently/over the summer that I should be aware about? Anything new about Geno?

T2by4

Smash Lord
https://youtu.be/7o9a_bD-zS8

This is EXACTLY what we need. We need influencers out there to spread the good word. Artists, music remixes, youtuber personalities, ANYTHING to let our voices be heard before the next upcoming dlc after this pass is decided. We have to let Nintendo know we WANT Geno. Thanks Choctopus. You da man.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Howdy!

Seems like Geno is still in the running. The announcement of even more DLC characters after the Fighter's Pass, along with the Geno Mii Costume still not returning, fills me with hope. When Sans and the other 3rd party costumes announced, I honestly thought Geno would be a goner, but they didn't mention him...
Yeah, unless we see that Mii costume, I think Geno is very much in the running, and I don't see much opportunity where that would happen. Then again, there are some missing Mii costumes still, including Jacky, Akira, Heihachi, and X. I could see the first three coming with Terry, considering the fighting game relation, along with some SNK Mii fighters, but where would X go? That'd leave X, Geno, Chocobo, and who knows who else I'm missing? They could either be released in a separate pack... or something's up. Square could have easily denied Geno's costume with their fighter packs because they wanted explicit focus on DQ, and Geno's outfit could have taken away from their entourage of goodies. At the same time, though, if they're picky about when Mii outfits are released and how, would they even be okay with Geno's and Chocobo's releasing along with a bunch of other properties that aren't theirs?

The fact that the costume has been omitted around the time of new DLC being penned in, however, is what fascinates me. The timing is where I'm looking at things with suspicion. Either the omission of Geno's Mii outfit was for a later return due to Square's input or improvements to the costume + music... or we're getting Geno as a proper fighter.

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
I've been gone for months, getting my life back together. I had to transfer schools, rebuild my relationship with my father, and after all that, I can finally say I'm in a happy place. Life is finally good. Sooo, I've been out of the loop when it comes to leaks and all that.

I know SNK was rumored right before Terry's announcement, but has anything else notable happened recently/over the summer that I should be aware about? Anything new about Geno?
We are talking about the meaning behind the
2 SMRPG music takedowns. Especially since a megalovania fan remix got taken down.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
I like to think it's a pretty reasonable list. You have:
Never-Ever: Geno
Assist to Echo: Shadow
Assist to Fighter: Isaac
Indie Rep: Shantae
Platformer Protag: Rayman
Kirby Rep: Bandana Dee

These are the six main ones I really want to see in Smash now. I will say that I would like a Globox Echo for Rayman.

Also Rohanx17 Rohanx17 , thanks for the advice! I think Sakurai kind of made it a little funky too, so I'll work on a better one now. ;) Get ready for...

Smash Mode
since he's slowly grown to become my official #3 I'd add skull kid to the mix but yeah the list is immaculate, maybe a RH would be cool too. My only real concern about the current direction smash is in is it seems like any first party that hasn't already made the boat by now is going to get left behind. Mother lucked out but I fear for golden sun and the handful of other Nintendo franchises that will get forgotten like wars or RH.

your welcome! I actually used to make these for kicks to share with friends when I was first working with photoshop so this was a fun little reminder. tbh like 90% of the criticism is leveraged entirely at rayman the collage was honestly great. spacing it out would have made it too easy given the audience so having just one definable feature was the right way to design it. Issac was a little to easy just the hair would have worked, rayman's punch would be a dead ringer for anyone who knew that piece but a blob for anyone else. shantae and shadow were maybe a little too close I just got lucky and got confused by something else for a tie back and that put the idea in my head. hiding the spear behind sakurai was a good idea because it would have given it away so rearranging it so maybe just the spearhead was viable would be a nice balance.

Last edited:

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
So! Ready for Round Two? Bonus points to the person who can guess the one on the far right.
It's not a majorly requested character for Smash but I wish they had more attention

Attachments

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
When you take out the fighting game costumes, the missing ones include Gil, Chocobo, Geno, X, Megaman.exe, Lloyd. On top of the fact that they keep revealing more new ones, it is likely we might not see some of these for a while.

D

Deleted member

So! Ready for Round Two? Bonus points to the person who can guess the one on the far right.
It's not a majorly requested character for Smash but I wish they had more attention
Geno, Isaac, Rayman, Bandanna Dee, Crash Bandicoot, Steve, Shovel Knight, Papyrus(?), Shantae, Shadow, I have no idea.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
problem sleuth was better I imagine it's because homestuck ip falls under the 4th party rule, despite hiveswap stuff being only in a game. though I imagine its fans don't overlap much with something like smash anyway.

Last edited:

BlazGreen

Smash Journeyman
I've never played SMRPG but I still think you guys deserve your character. I've been checking these boards since 2007 and the Geno thread is almost always on the first page of the newcomer section. That level of dedication is incredible and I hope you get rewarded for it.

TBone06

Smash Ace
I've never played SMRPG but I still think you guys deserve your character. I've been checking these boards since 2007 and the Geno thread is almost always on the first page of the newcomer section. That level of dedication is incredible and I hope you get rewarded for it.
You need to play it. It is a great game! Then you’ll understand our love of him.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
IMG_20190910_144821.jpg

Japanese knows what's up, this is much more based.

You can tell the Reddit one is wrong because it didn't have Waluigi on it

dalolman

Smash Cadet
I also never played SMRPG.
I wanted to get a SNES Classic to play it, but that's kind of out of the question now...

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
No, it's apparently based on something else. but it's from 2Chan. Need to find the source
Interesting. If that's the case, hopefully the sample size for this selection is much bigger. It's always interesting to see how countries taste in Smash reps differ.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Interesting. If that's the case, hopefully the sample size for this selection is much bigger. It's always interesting to see how countries taste in Smash reps differ.
EU is my favorite country :nessecho:

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
problem sleuth was better I imagine it's because homestuck ip falls under the 4th party rule, despite hiveswap stuff being only in a game. though I imagine its fans don't overlap much with something like smash anyway.
Yeah, it kind of stinks but the closest thing to Homestuck we have in Smash is Megalovania, which is a slightly epic yet disturbing truth. :nessecho:

I love the MSPA series. Favorite character? :3

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
of course the sans emote would be called that...
You know, that name reminds me of that one time where this thread just devolved into Sans is Ness memes. I wonder if there is any posts from that period that aged well.

Bee Card

Smash Ace

Japanese knows what's up, this is much more based.

You can tell the Reddit one is wrong because it didn't have Waluigi on it
Who is the 4th gril in the japanese section ? Where's Arle Nadja ? She's always in japanese polls. Wtf Saber is here ?
and Doomguy yeah !
Also Geno always requested in europe, it's the proof that he's more a smash character than a SMRPG character lol.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Who is the 4th gril in the japanese section ? Where's Arle Nadja ? She's always in japanese polls. Wtf Saber is here ?
and Doomguy yeah !
Also Geno always requested in europe, it's the proof that he's more a smash character than a SMRPG character lol.
That girl is Reimu from Touhou. I guess that might be there top pick for an indie rep, which would make sense considering how big it is there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom