• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MajoraMan28

Smash Ace
Typing “European starling” into Google says otherwise:
So yeah, they’re the same.
It doesn't really say otherwise. It says there it is also known as European Starling. I know a lot more people that call it European Starling than common starling. And honestly, if the type of bird mattered, I'm not sure why you would ignore the european name when common doesn't lead to anything meaningful.
And any fan of Starfox that doesn't even live in Europe and was alive back in the SNES and N64 days knew about this trivia. Bc it related to Star Wars blatantly, and the community loved it for these things too.

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
This evening was probably not one of my better looks. Sorry for that. I'll say it for a third time. I will be sure this isn't a common thing for me.

Good night everybody. Here is to hoping the road isn't much longer.

Kurb

Smash Rookie
This evening was probably not one of my better looks. Sorry for that. I'll say it for a third time. I will be sure this isn't a common thing for me.

Good night everybody. Here is to hoping the road isn't much longer.
Its understandable friend, no need to beat yourself up about it. We all have moments of frustration like this, but dang, this wait never gets easier haha.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
It doesn't really say otherwise. It says there it is also known as European Starling. I know a lot more people that call it European Starling than common starling. And honestly, if the type of bird mattered, I'm not sure why you would ignore the european name when common doesn't lead to anything meaningful.
It could still be Geno, though.

Star- star.

Ling- of (something) or little (something)

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
Hey, we're used to this. We'll bound back like we always have. At least Nintendo didn't pull a Tekken snake lol :starman:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
For those doubting me rn on that image, for whatever reason, it's pinned in the Source Gaming server leakchat. It was public info for days, and I told you guys to check there. I am not photoshopping ****. I'm being for real, please don't assume that of me, I hope I can come back to this place tommorow and see we calmed down
I just mentioned photoshop because it's a thing, not that I thought it was.

Still though, I'm STILL doubting the boi. I'm calling Pokemon now.

Lol, Geno becomes a Pokemon. Still couldn't make me buy Sword/Shield.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice I'm sorry to ping again, but I really just want to make completely sure...

So, Sabi said that the leak is most likely Smash???... and someone else said that the type of bird matters? And they say this right after lack of announcement outrage?

Because if that's the case, this is useful information for papagenos papagenos regarding his next speculation video.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
i feel really good lads. If you feel bad tonight, sleep on this and I promise you’ll feel worlds better in the morning. What not to do is attack reputable members giving honest information/speculation because you’re upset the best case scenario didn’t happen tonight.

We’re Geno fans, we don’t ever get best case scenario. We do it the hard/patient way.

owjies

Smash Journeyman
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice thank you for everything you do for this thread. You've helped make Geno speculation so interesting in the past year. You didn't even have to share this with us, but you did. I'm glad that you're keeping us in the know, and I'm glad you came back regularly in this thread after your brief hiatus some months ago.
Totally agree. Regardless of the outcome, it’s honestly been a lot of fun just hanging out in here. There’s so much talent and creativity in this thread, and it’s amazing that a 20-year-old game can pull that out of everyone. I think it’s important to keep that in mind too. It’s nice knowing there’s a community out there that’s still talking about SMRPG.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
i feel really good lads. If you feel bad tonight, sleep on this and I promise you’ll feel worlds better in the morning. What not to do is attack reputable members giving honest information/speculation because you’re upset the best case scenario didn’t happen tonight.

We’re Geno fans, we don’t ever get best case scenario. We do it the hard/patient way.
If this ain't the truth, idk what is.

We got a missing Mii Costume, and we've got a semi-trustable image leak that COULD mean something. Best case scenario, we've got 1 1/2 more things on our side than we did before, worst case we've got 1.

Keep fighting for him, we'll get him in eventually.

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
Its ok guys. Remember there is still no mii outfit and the music strikes. He are still in this

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice I'm sorry to ping again, but I really just want to make completely sure...

So, Sabi said that the leak is most likely Smash???... and someone else said that the type of bird matters? And they say this right after lack of announcement outrage?

Because if that's the case, this is useful information for papagenos papagenos regarding his next speculation video.
It's just an educated guess but we're totally in the dark. I think it's Smash because I'm still in the mindset that it's way too early for a general Direct and the group kind of openly resents Sword and Shield. We just know that it's definitely not Fire Emblem related and that the bird type supposedly matters. Also, no, they shared these things with us yesterday and today, way before *waves wrists* all of this.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
what if the Starling is hinting toward Star Fox: Grand Prix?

ooh... i think i'm gonna be sick

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
It's just an educated guess but we're totally in the dark. I think it's Smash because I'm still in the mindset that it's way too early for a general Direct and the group kind of openly resents Sword and Shield. We just know that it's definitely not Fire Emblem related and that the bird type supposedly matters. Also, no, they shared these things with us yesterday and today, way before *waves wrists* all of this.
Also I think it need to be bigger than a Simple Common Pokémon right? Maybe he wanted to hint something Star related and found the "Starling" by searching "Star Bird" on google... "Blue Star Bird" cuz Star Bird is a toy lmao

Mastermiine

Smash Journeyman
Don't mean to be a downer. But the bird is "England" doesn't the new Pokemon Game take place in an "England" like city? So it could be Pokemon?

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
I see some posts in this thread (and don’t worry, I’m not calling anyone out. No one in particular is to blame.) that are just plain awful.

Feeling disappointed is one thing, but we have looked absolutely ridiculous tonight. And over something we had no idea would actually happen. I am now way more disappointed with that than the lack of a reveal at EVO.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
what if the Starling is hinting toward Star Fox: Grand Prix?

ooh... i think i'm gonna be sick
Star Fox: Grand Prix was an industry hoax and several of Sabi's "deeper" sources were able to confirm this with us. In a sense, it was kind of a joke that got out of hand until it sort of morphed into an urban legend among Nintendo insiders. All evidence stands that it never existed and has supposedly been used repeatedly as leak bait.

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord
Maybe the Starling bird is a hint to a Mario RPG revival of some kind instead of Geno in Smash?
Then it wouldn't be a common Starling, I think an Spade on a castle would be better Image to "leak" over a pic of a common bird, right?
Pokemon? You really want to Leak a Common Pokémon?
New Fox Game? Why not a pic of a fox then

I really think is smash related but I might be wrong

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Give me 5 minutes friends.

Or 10.

I did some cleaning. I know some emotions are high and I understand to an extent, but it's a dangerous trap to fall into to let yourself be so emotionally caught up in stuff that's ultimately not "important", it's a game at the end of the day after all (I get this isn't what people affected likely want to hear). The emotional pay off for success might be beyond euphoric, but if the drawback at disappointment is so much you need to take a step back.

Carry on, sorry for the wait.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Yeah, that's about what I expected. Kinda sucks when you keep your expectations down and you still end up feeling a bit let down, haha.

It's what it is though. Some of you need to seriously go get some sleep or something. We're normally referred to as the more chill character supporters, but I guess the streak is broken. Of course it's disappointing, but there was never anything concrete anyway.

Still, interesting to see the Starling thing develop a bit more. If it's Smash, I really can't fathom what it could mean, Geno or otherwise. That's literally nothing to go off of compared to the other two DLC. I REALLY wouldn't expect us to get anything else from them in this regard, though, since this has gotten a lot of attention.

Anyway EVO was hype, Nintendo not showing anything no matter how small was pretty dumb but understandable from them, keep the hope alive, etc.

Last edited:

DaxMasterix

Smash Lord

Or 10.

I did some cleaning. I know some emotions are high and I understand to an extent, but it's a dangerous trap to fall into to let yourself be so emotionally caught up in stuff that's ultimately not "important", it's a game at the end of the day after all.

Thanks Shaya! :3

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I see some posts in this thread (and don’t worry, I’m not calling anyone out. No one in particular is to blame.) that are just plain awful.

Feeling disappointed is one thing, but we have looked absolutely ridiculous tonight. And over something we had no idea would actually happen. I am now way more disappointed with that than the lack of a reveal at EVO.
Eh, can't really blame anyone.

When you've been fighting for a character for 23 years and you get a hint of anything, you go all in.

Frankly, we are all like crazy-ass old sages who believe in a prophecy that everyone else thinks is stupid or forgot about already.

I think SOME of us have come out of this smelling less than a well-adjusted rose, but I bet that other fanbases have had their desperate moments too.

I'm more disappointed that I fell for the hype when Nintendo really doesn't give a **** about EVO. Mad at myself more than anything.

Or 10.

I did some cleaning. I know some emotions are high and I understand to an extent, but it's a dangerous trap to fall into to let yourself be so emotionally caught up in stuff that's ultimately not "important", it's a game at the end of the day after all.

Ayee! I hope it's okay to still talk about the ordeal. Mainly because I have further opinions on the future of Smash due to this.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Our biggest worry has to do with the fact as to why this Starling leak hasn't panned out yet. It's a new record.

Honestly, the bird felt like it meant more for Geno than the costume does. For all we know, the costume could return later on, or it could just be...gone. This is why there's people who are upset.

I'm just not sure what else it could stand for. Star-ling "a small star" fits Geno to the tee.

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
Then it wouldn't be a common Starling, I think an Spade on a castle would be better Image to "leak" over a pic of a common bird, right?
Pokemon? You really want to Leak a Common Pokémon?
New Fox Game? Why not a pic of a fox then

I really think is smash related but I might be wrong
True but then again, it is called Legend of the Seven Stars. So maybe that's the meaning behind the Starling. This is just a thought though. I'm leaning it to be Smash as well but I think Mario RPG revival could work for the hint as well

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Ayee! I hope it's okay to still talk about the ordeal. Mainly because I have further opinions on the future of Smash due to this.
Ideally, a person's contribution to a conversation separates the objective and the subjective.
Furthermore, the subjective takes aren't made at the expense, detriment or belittlement of others; acknowledgement of a feeling is fine - big bonus points if you can present a fair view of your subjective feeling.

I don't know the full picture here, but I'd have to stick around for longer to really ascertain if the "ordeal" is that problematic it should be cut off completely. Feel free to throw out more reports if you think a poor tipping point is approaching again (doesn't necessarily mean said posts need infractions or are rule breaking). Hope that makes sense.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
OMG, "1,999,641 " we're super close to that 2 million views! It's probably going to reach that by the time I wake up.

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
Good that the type of bird matters because otherwise the next bird related character would be a certain lawyer...

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I dunno where this thing of Sabi saying she thinks it's "most likely" Smash related comes from. She, me and those who have contact with the person who gives us such hints once in a lifetime, we have no idea what is referencing to or what game is about. It's as simple as that, we have no clue. People on multiple sites are thinking either geno, resident evil rep, devil jin from tekken, edelgard, etc, as usual the community just tries to come up with ideas of what it could be about, if it's smash, but really there is nothing else aside from the picture itself, we just dont have any other clue lol. There is no confirmation whatsoever or a "most likely" chances of it being smash either, at this point it could be anything.

As far as the bird type thing goes, we only heard (from the person who shares the hints with us) that if they wanted to hint edelgard they would have used a black eagle in the picture for a hint about her, YET THIS DOES NOT MEAN that the type of bird really matters in the end for THIS hint. The hint could be still a word play, like the "star" part or whatever, WHO KNOWS. There is no solid indicative of what the actual hint in the picture is, if the type of bird, the colors, the size, the roof, a combination of those, the actual name of the bird, nothing, we just dont know lol.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I dunno where this thing of Sabi saying she thinks it's "most likely" Smash related comes from. She, me and those who have contact with the person who gives us such hints once in a lifetime, we have no idea what is referencing to or what game is about. It's as simple as that, we have no clue. People on multiple sites are thinking either geno, resident evil rep, devil jin from tekken, edelgard, etc, as usual the community just tries to come up with ideas of what it could be about, if it's smash, but really there is nothing else aside from the picture itself, we just dont have any other clue lol. There is no confirmation whatsoever or a "most likely" chances of it being smash either, at this point it could be anything.
At least we know it matters that it’s a starling.

blackbird = Edelgard posts, begonnnnn (I wouldn’t care if another FE character got in but c’mon give us Genooooooooooooo-)

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I still have reservations about it being Pokemon.

We had Corviknight revealed already. I suppose we could get another new bird Pokemon revealed, but if it's based on the European Starling? It's already pretty boring as a Pokemon. It feels like bird Pokemon we already have.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
So to summarize:
  • The starling leak is still in place, was not hinting at a reveal for EVO otherwise someone would have addressed it by now.
  • We know for a fact it isn't related to Fire Emblem.
  • The two things it could be related to are Smash and Pokemon as far as we know.
  • This is the longest time one of these cryptic leaks has taken to pan out, now exceeding three weeks.
  • Despite Geno being a no-show for EVO, we still have the following backing us up:
    • Obviously, the lack of Geno's Mii costume.
    • The mysterious takedowns of Super Mario RPG music, could easily mean nothing but is definitely suspect.
    • Nintendo has already negotiated with Square plenty.
    • Sakurai's comments from 2016 saying that Geno would be a good fit for Smash thanks to the guns he has in his limbs.
    • Nintendo corporate clearly knows what characters are being requested by fans, otherwise they probably wouldn't have worked with their competitor to get Banjo & Kazooie.
Am I missing anything?

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
I still have reservations about it being Pokemon.

We had Corviknight revealed already. I suppose we could get another new bird Pokemon revealed, but if it's based on the European Starling? It's already pretty boring as a Pokemon. It feels like bird Pokemon we already have.
I also feel like it'd be a very boring and unimportant leak if it was just another pokemon. Unless it was like a legendary? Why bother leaking that another bird pokemon will exist...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom