• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
EDIT: yeah waluigi could offer so much more as a villain if they would let him. He's not fixated on peach or money like the others are he just wants to watch the world burn.

I feel like I remember him saying something about Geno too. I've been wrong in the past.
he might have, but if he did I'm sure we wouldn't have forgotten as neurotic as we've have been over even the slightest possible references.

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
I firmly believe Geno is coming. Hoping he is revealed as either challenger pack 5 or as a bonus after character 5.

I rather wait to have him, then not have him, but damnit I'll go insane if I have to wait till the end of the second batch of DLC like 2022 or something. Haha but c'est la vie I guess.

Anyways wanted opinions, do you think they're gonna drop Terry and then reveal character 5 like how they revealed him? Or is it confirmed to be revealed at the Game Awards?
Now that I think about it, I think the VGA's are a little too far away to be announcing DLC #5. If we get Terry in late November then I think we'll get the reveal of fighter #5 at the same time. If anything, the VGA's will probably unveil the next "Fighter's Pass" along with Geno—er, I mean DLC fighter #6...

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Now that I think about it, I think the VGA's are a little too far away to be announcing DLC #5. If we get Terry in late November then I think we'll get the reveal of fighter #5 at the same time. If anything, the VGA's will probably unveil the next "Fighter's Pass" along with Geno—er, I mean DLC fighter #6...
yeah something big like the pass feels more likely to me for VGA, personally I'm expecting an early nov. release so it would make more sense to announce 5 then and not wait a month

edit: wouldn't it be great if they just came out and announced who all is in the next grouping up for development like a lot of other fighters:grin:

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I don't really like the idea of characters solely being meme-picks, even the most memed characters have a lot of genuine popularity. Heck, even if someone only knows a character because of memes, they may even still like the character.

And, it's not like none of the current inclusions get a bunch of memes.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Welp. Does this mean that the game isn't worth getting?
I was thinking about getting Astral Chain but I'm still kinda on the fence about it. I hear the "dual-body" combat is pretty cool, but what's your take on it? Without giving any spoilers, what did you think was good and bad about the game?
It's worth getting if you're a fan of action games or Platinum Games in general. It's just at times the game takes itself a bit too seriously

ZelDan

Smash Master
I've always figured that Waluigi was a mix of both memes and genuine fans.

personally I don't care much about him and am indifferent to him being playable in Smash.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
It's worth getting if you're a fan of action games or Platinum Games in general. It's just at times the game takes itself a bit too seriously
Oh, so it isn't as over the top? Well, I don't mind that. The designs, concepts and gameplay is what appeals to me.

As long as this game is not downright bad then it's fine. I might get it then eventually.

:bowser:.

D0ct0r

Smash Cadet
I'm just hoping that if Geno gets in, he has a moveset as cool as the one in Legacy XP 2.0. They nailed it IMO, Timed Hits and everything. :grin: His alts were all based off other characters in Mario RPG's like Vivian from TTYD.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
How would you feel if this were all the dlc characters?

https://i.imgur.com/jY7OGxz.jpg
I would be hyped as hell for Porky, Geno, Crash, Rayman, and Sylux

Edit: What other Mario RPG character would you guys like to see get in besides Geno? Personally, I would love to see Paper Mario get in after our star boi.

Last edited:

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Holy freaking crow! What kind of an A-hole would go so far as to burn their own cash and get themselves implicated in an actual crime just to troll on people?! LOL That's some seriously next level BS. I hope somebody presses charges just to teach that scum a lesson.
Someone that has lost control over their life.

ED0D653A-A92C-43BF-98E0-68D5DE864B41.gif

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
You can take Waluigi's moveset in a lot of different directions. As long as he's fun to use, visually and mechanically, I'd welcome him to the roster with open arms.

Though I'm probably biased since that'd also mean more Mario characters lol.
What other Mario RPG character would you guys like to see get in besides Geno? Personally, I would love to see Paper Mario get in after our star boi.
Paper Mario feels like the only plausible Mario RPG character aside from Geno, and you could make him super-interesting mechanically, so I'd go with him.

If probability isn't considered though? Antasma, easily one of the coolest villains in the franchise.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
Some random guy in public just commented on my Geno shirt and said it was cool. I wasn't even at a convention or a fighting game tournament or anything, I was just taking some trash to the dumpster lol.

And people say nobody knows who Geno is, pshh.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
I'm just hoping that if Geno gets in, he has a moveset as cool as the one in Legacy XP 2.0. They nailed it IMO, Timed Hits and everything. :grin: His alts were all based off other characters in Mario RPG's like Vivian from TTYD.
Never played Legacy XP but just looked up a video and yeah I would be so down for a Geno moveset like that! Looks really fun and accurately portrays the character.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
You know..a couple of things to think about.

1) We still don’t have a new Mario character yet revealed in the DLC(unless you count Piranha Plant, :p)
2) If AT’s can’t be fighters as well in the same game, this rules Waluigi out.

Just some stuff to think about..

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
3E0949D6-8943-4618-866A-718C86259A79.png

Remember this post some time back y’all. Anyone who says no one cares or knows who Geno is ... they can’t be more wrong. Moron yes, more wrong no.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master

1) We still don’t have a new Mario character yet revealed in the DLC(unless you count Piranha Plant, :p)
2) If AT’s can’t be fighters as well in the same game, this rules Waluigi out.

Just some stuff to think about..
There's no inherent reason for us to have to get a Mario character in DLC though, Smash 4 never got a Mario in DLC for example. I don't really think that first point means anything.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

I like to count Piranha Plant as a base game character instead of a DLC one as he was probably planned for base as he is the only DLC character to receive a Palutena's Guidance codex so they probably didn't have time to put him in the base game, so they pushed him forward towards the DLC lineup.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
I like to count Piranha Plant as a base game character instead of a DLC one as he was probably planned for base as he is the only DLC character to receive a Palutena's Guidance codex so they probably didn't have time to put him in the base game, so they pushed him forward towards the DLC lineup.
not to mention was in the second wave of ultimate amiibos several months ago when the other dlc's ones haven't even been confirmed or seen yet and ahead of the majority of the main cast's.

Last edited:

Mastadoom88

Smash Apprentice
I would be hyped as hell for Porky, Geno, Crash, Rayman, and Sylux

Edit: What other Mario RPG character would you guys like to see get in besides Geno? Personally, I would love to see Paper Mario get in after our star boi.
I havent been able to get my hands on Paper Mario games since I was younger, but Vivian and Fawful look pretty rad

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
What other Mario RPG character would you guys like to see get in besides Geno? Personally, I would love to see Paper Mario get in after our star boi.
Paper Mario himself, especially if he had partners in his moveset.

Failing that, Fawful is another good choice, though one I don't personally love. He'd certainly be cool though.

As far as, if I could choose anyone? Vivian. It will literally never happen ever, but seeing Vivian playable in Smash would be my DREAM. I would literally never complain about anything ever again if Vivian got in Smash. She's easily my favorite Mario character in general, and possibly even my favorite character from any video game. I just think she's neat...

Firox

Smash Master
This is kinda random, but I was looking at your profile pic of Sonic and can't help but laugh at the fact that his headphones are no where near his ears. LOL They aren't too useful just hugging the side of his head like that.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 238879

Remember this post some time back y’all. Anyone who says no one cares or knows who Geno is ... they can’t be more wrong. Moron yes, more wrong no.
I.. I think they mostly mentioned Geno because they were referencing the Grinch "Leak" there. Check the dates as that hoax came out around then, They mention leaks hence Grinch "Leak" and then Geno which he was in so I think it's definitely a Grinch "Leak" reference more than anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I’m starting to think it would be an appropriate time that Geno could be announced for Smash and SMRPG for SNES online at March since it would be the 24th anniversary of the game. A man can dream.... could happen!

Last edited by a moderator:

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
I’m starting to think it would be an appropriate time that Geno could be announced for Smash and SMRPG for SNES online at March since it would be the 24th anniversary of the game. A man can dream.... could happen!
That would be amazing. Cool idea.
Screen Shot 2019-07-09 at 11.09.53 AM.png

D0ct0r

Smash Cadet
This is kinda random, but I was looking at your profile pic of Sonic and can't help but laugh at the fact that his headphones are no where near his ears. LOL They aren't too useful just hugging the side of his head like that.
I hear this all the time LMAO :chuckle:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Mallowmag3.gif

I had a 10 hour shift today so I didn't get much done but I slightly improved this

BigZGaming2015

Smash Journeyman
Hey all, first time posting in this thread! Been watching it for a few months now. Anyway, I make alternate costumes and amiibo cards and recently I made alternate costumes for the Geno render by Nibroc-Rock. Still learning how to use Photoshop so they're not that professional but I think they look fine. Hopefully Geno makes it in as DLC!

213.png

D0ct0r

Smash Cadet
Hey all, first time posting in this thread! Been watching it for a few months now. Anyway, I make alternate costumes and amiibo cards and recently I made alternate costumes for the Geno render by Nibroc-Rock. Still learning how to use Photoshop so they're not that professional but I think they look fine. Hopefully Geno makes it in as DLC!

These are pretty good. I can see these as official alts down the line if Geno does make it in. I still like Legacy's more tho.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John

Nice job on the costumes, they look very nice! Also, if you have not, please take a look at operationstarfall.com to participate in our campaign for Geno!

D

Deleted member

Cool!

Cool! What do these costumes represent? Are they just original?

BigZGaming2015

Smash Journeyman
Cool!

Cool! What do these costumes represent? Are they just original?
The second one is based off Mallow, the rest where just random and mixing colors together to see what worked. Didn't realize it until someone on the PapaGenos Discord pointed it out but I should've done one on Boshi :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom