• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Blastoise has cannons.
Bisharp is made of knives.
A legendary wolf in Sw/Sh carries a sword in its mouth.

And that's not including the abundance of projectiles/horns/what have you.
body parts aren't weapons even if they're modeled after one like blastoise, but I forgot about the new sword dog so that makes 3 I guess.

the only pokemon they might actually add in that I would be excited about is grovile. if they just give us another current gen starter I probably won't even buy it.

Last edited:

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
body parts aren't weapons even if they're modeled after one like blastoise, but I forgot about the new sword dog so that makes 3 I guess.

the only pokemon they might actually add in that I would be excited about is grovile. if they just give us another current gen starter I probably won't even buy it.
I didn't really mean it as a way to represent "weapon Pokemon." I just meant that a pokemon fighter with a weapon besides melee, lighting, and psychic-esque attacks is a little different than what we currently have. I mainly meant that it'd just be unique compared to some of the cast we already have.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
More like "Welcome Back, Geno."
I need this so much. I want to be able to replay SMRPG again without feeling depressed about Geno never coming back. I want to be able to play as him in Smash. I want him to fight alongside his old friends again. I want him to come home.

Please, Square. Please, Nintendo. I have so much love for this stupid little star friend. I just want to see him return.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
man you all worry too much geno is basically in already were just waiting for the announcement :4pacman:

I'm much more concerned for our fellow causes especially the poor guys at assist alliance. If anyone is in need of some wish power it's them. Not everyone has a tier 1 supportbase, missing content, legally dubious copyright strikes on music and the big man himself making a public endorsement. most just have to make do with hoping someone out there is in their corner, however silently they might be.

Last edited:

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
You make a really good point Rohanx17 Rohanx17 . That's why I'm helping the Rayman support team and the Shovel Knight support team. Should I make one for Sirfetch'd at some point? Would people even want him that badly as a Pokemon rep?

Luis27

Smash Apprentice
Double Post
You make a really good point Rohanx17 Rohanx17 . That's why I'm helping the Rayman support team and the Shovel Knight support team. Should I make one for Sirfetch'd at some point? Would people even want him that badly as a Pokemon rep?
Yeah, we want long sword birb

man you all worry too much geno is basically in already were just waiting for the announcement :4pacman:

I'm much more concerned for our fellow causes especially the poor guys at assist alliance. If anyone is in need of some wish power it's them. Not everyone has a tier 1 supportbase, missing content, legally dubious copyright strikes on music and the big man himself making a public endorsement. most just have to make do with hoping someone out there is in their corner, however silently they might be.
Don't do that.

Dont give me hope.

Luis27

Smash Apprentice
Do you know this Mexican Soccer Team called Cruz Azul?, they have a term called CRUZAZULEAR, this word mean "When you gonna get something, but you lose it in the same moment"

My fear is they uniform is blue, Geno wears blue too.

He is desconfirmed guys :(

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
I might only be posting in here but after I finally playing golden sun last year I'm still 100% behind issac and I'm going to try to participate in all our campaign events moving forward. right now that's just the next golden sunday and a second letter campaign but were not going to stop until we win or learn his fate from the man directly.

I mean I don't care too much for him personally but others might and you'll never know until you try. ngl the odds of it making a difference aren't in your favor but hey you don't have anything to lose if you feel passionate about it you should go for it.

Dont give me hope.
did you say something? i'm a bit busy trying to get my geno amiibo preorder on amazon to go through. Those suckers went quick lemme tell ya. :4pacman:

Last edited:

owjies

Smash Journeyman
I need this so much. I want to be able to replay SMRPG again without feeling depressed about Geno never coming back. I want to be able to play as him in Smash. I want him to fight alongside his old friends again. I want him to come home.

Please, Square. Please, Nintendo. I have so much love for this stupid little star friend. I just want to see him return.
I’m with ya, it’s time. Sakurai’s doing a major victory lap right now and I really hope Geno’s part of it. One of the things I’m looking forward to if Geno makes it in is Sakurai’s column talking about Geno as a character and his history as a highly requested Smash newcomer. I’m also looking forward to Geno’s ultra low budget demonstration because those are just incredibly wholesome.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
I’m with ya, it’s time. Sakurai’s doing a major victory lap right now and I really hope Geno’s part of it. One of the things I’m looking forward to if Geno makes it in is Sakurai’s column talking about Geno as a character and his history as a highly requested Smash newcomer. I’m also looking forward to Geno’s ultra low budget demonstration because those are just incredibly wholesome.
I'm really hoping we get more behind the scenes looks at his place in brawl,4, and ultimates development cycle. I would be nice to know exactly what happened to cause negations during brawl to fall through( because the alphadraeam guys got him just fine), why in 4 exactly he had to be a costume and not playable, and why he was pushed back from ultimate's base roster or the pass if that goes through as well. Also were likely going to know if all the "hints" towards smrpg over the past couple years and in plant actually meant something.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
That's what you pay $20 a year for. Old men who can make great games but have no idea how to make a good online service.

As soon as they announced Nintendo online service, I avoided it like the plague that I haven't even used my free 7-day trial yet.
Honestly, the only silver lining for me so far is that you can hop on a family plan with a few friends and save money on it that way. That's what me and a bunch of my friends have been doing. We just split the cost and it comes out to like, $4 for each of us. It's great. (And it lets us all play together without paying full price for this tripe.)

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
Blastoise has cannons.
Bisharp is made of knives.
A legendary wolf in Sw/Sh carries a sword in its mouth.

And that's not including the abundance of projectiles/horns/what have you.
Don't forget my absolute favorite fire type ever. Not saying we need another fire Pokémon in Smash. I just want to take a minute to appreciate this masterpiece. (Maybe it's just the black mage in me but just look at this!)

200px-Pokkén_Braixen.png

Ps: If wands don't count, they should lol

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Actually I got a better idea. Finish it when I get back home

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Yeah, but I can understand why though. Although, I feel after Geno, I'm going to try and get people to push for Sirfetch'd. There aren't too many notable lance users in gaming and I think it'd be a unique weapon to use in Smash. Rip Galacta Knight (for now...) Imagine it having for melee range than a normal sword but a tad shorter than the Vampire Killer. Ahhhhh, I can dream over this duck!

Also, Ovaltine Ovaltine , I'd love if the alts consisted of regular Farfetch'd, Psyduck, Golduck, Ducklett, Porygon, Ludicolo, and Corviknight. I don't usually want new pokemon because the starters kind of bore me but if they announce Sirfetch'd for Smash, I'd be so hyped. Like, this duck has waited 7 gens for an evo. I'll TAKE IT!
I will join that support thread!

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Wow 2 pages already! Total unrelated note: holy crap I never thought Castle Crashers would come to switch hopefully we get Battleblock Theater and Pit People too. And naturally Hatty Hattington in Smash.
i'm a little interested in Castle Crushers, but i don't want to add another game in my list to play when there are so many i have yet to finish or even began!

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
Seeing your sprite work is making me imagine about some kind of SMB3 mod/hack that has a playable Mallow and Geno.

the game would still be largely the same in terms of it's levels and worlds and enemies, there'd just maybe be different power ups from the fire flower, leaf, frog suit, etc. and instead be power ups that be more fitting for Mallow and Geno.

granted if there were differnet power-ups some levels may need to be altered if there wasn't something equivilant to the leaf for flying, but whatever, now I'm just thinking too deeply about this. >_>

Anyways, cool sprite work you got going on!

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Anyone here that makes music or knows how to make music with programs on your computer? I'm thinking of trying to make something cool but I don't even know where to start.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
MallowMagNew.gif

New Version. Not Quite done yet

MallowMagStage1.gif

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Anyone here that makes music or knows how to make music with programs on your computer? I'm thinking of trying to make something cool but I don't even know where to start.
I use FL Studio, but it costs money. I don’t know any other good programs to use.

FL Studio has a free demo version, but you can’t save your projects with it (or maybe you can? But it won’t let you open them back up, at least, so you’d have to separate the song into parts). Heh, I remember trying to get my tracks done in a single day, and I had to separate one standalone track into three parts to put together...

QQS

Smash Lord
Have anyone thought about this splash-art:

“Geno serves a higher request”.

6E9BB210-182D-48C7-90AB-13F20F29E127.png

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
MallowmagULT.gif

This is the idea I had before. Finally finished it. I knew it was going to take a long time

T2by4

Smash Lord
I gotta say there is quite a bit going for the little doll. The music, the lack of a costume, the game he appears in still not in the nes library, and his overall demand and popularity.

Something is absolutely going on with him. Bare minimum will get an appropriate face mask similar to Sans. He's gonna get red carpet as a character or a mii costume. Let's hope it's a full character.

Last edited:

P47

Smash Apprentice
I gotta say there is quite a bit going for the little doll. The music, the lack of a costume, the game he appears in still not in the nes library, and his overall demand and popularity.

Something is absolutely going on with him. Bare minimum will get an appropriate face mask similar to Sans. He's gonna get red carpet as a character or a mii costume. Let's hope it's a full character.
Don't forget the Mario RPG references in Smash (Megasmilax, singing Piranha Plants, King Bowser song, etc)

T2by4

Smash Lord
Don't forget the Mario RPG references in Smash (Megasmilax, singing Piranha Plants, King Bowser song, etc)
I don't think those are quite as good evidences. At least, not for me. Maybe the piranha plant singing could be one but as pointed out already the bowser theme was from Mario 3. I feel like all this is building up and thay we'll be getting Geno soon. I don't think he'll be part of the pass. I'm gonna make a wild guess and say he'll be fighter #77 cause mario and the 7 stars. Totally a guess, but it would be a good placement for him I feel.

Last edited:

P47

Smash Apprentice
The Bowser song is from Mario 3, actually
It's from Mario 3 but I've heard that a small part of it refrences SMRPG. I won't die on this hill though

EDIT: 0:49-0:57 is what Qeomash is referring to
I don't think it's meant to hint at Geno's inclusion, it's just another neat Mario RPG callback

Last edited:

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
Is that all it was? Hmm, I thought it was more. But makes sense, being a bridge.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
This would be a bit more noteworthy if Smash didn't have hundreds of references to any number of other games. Many which include actual content.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Can we please move on from the starling? It's totally inconsequential as of now. It really doesn't matter.

Why, you say? Apart from the obvious, I have proof.

I was the starling all along. :starman:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Can't we just do a little bit of obsessing over the starling picture? Maybe we will stray further from the truth the more we overthink it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom