• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Y'know I really find the Miissing Mii Costume to be very suspicious. He knows he's popular as he already stated yet nothing?
He stated that here:

"Interviewer: And that's why you included him as a Mii Costume this time around?

Sakurai: Yes. He's incredibly popular. Even though he's an old character, we keep getting loads of votes and requests for us to put him in the game. Even though he still isn't in as a playable fighter, I made sure he'd be in as a Mii costume so his fans would at least feel that they got something."

He made sure to include Geno as a Mii Costume so we would feel like we would at least get something right? but now we're in this weird scenario where we don't have the Mii Costume but that could be because either A) He thought the Spirit was enough or B) He's actually a playable character.

I really doubt Sakurai would do a bonus Mii Costume pack for cut Mii Costumes as some people talk about such a scenario. We did get Mii Costumes unrelated to the Fighters last time but with how they're doing Mii Costumes and characters now the fighters and costumes go hand-in-hand there only really seems to be costumes when fighters release and vice-versa so there's no real room for such a scenario to happen as they are too closely intertwined.

The only way I could see something like that happening is if there was to be a Bonus DLC character that was once a Mii Costume but got upgraded with the other Costumes returning alongside it. Why a Mii Costume upgrade? The way I see it is it just makes sense say Geno does get in as a Bonus DLC character since he was a Mii Costume in Smash 4 I could see him bringing the other cut Smash 4 Mii costumes alongside him and potentially some SMRPG costumes.

But I digress, I could only see one of the two scenarios I mentioned play out. Either Sakurai thinks the Spirit is enough or He's playable. I find the Spirit scenario also a bit weird, Sakurai is not only a fan of Geno ("Geno was actually a character I wanted to include as a fighter. He has a gun for an arm, and just seems like he'd fit absolutely perfectly into Smash.") but he's also very well aware of his popularity.

Going back to the article we've used within the same sentence of saying he wanted the fans to feel like they got something he also said "Yes. He's incredibly popular. Even though he's an old character, we keep getting loads of votes and requests for us to put him in the game." which shows that Sakurai knows of Geno's popularity. IIRC he never even spoke about K. Rool's popularity nor Banjo's popularity before them both getting in. Obviously he's aware of their popularity since they're in but Sakurai explicitly mentions how popular Geno is but that's besides the point.

With Sakurai 1) Liking Geno 2) Wanting Geno in Smash since not only Brawl but also Smash 4, 3) Knowing that Geno is very popular and 4) Wanting to give the fans something similar to playing as Geno through the Mii Costume in 4 yet to cut it in Smash Ultimate all that combined it's really weird and I'm iffy on Sakurai thinking the Spirit is enough for the fans all things considered.
So yeah all of that combined I find it suspicious.
In Smash 4 we had DLC Mii Costume by themselves. It's extremely possible that the Geno Mii Costume will be coming back in a few months along with the others that came from Capcom, Namco and the Virtua Fighter Mii Costume.

I will also that a few reason why none of the Square Enix Mii Costume showed up in the Hero showcase could be because
1) Square Enix wanted Dragon Quest to be the only focus during the showcase it doesn't distract the promotion of Dragon Quest XI S.
2) Sakurai & his team probably learned from the backlash that Mii Costume & Assist Trophies get from the character fan base, so they most likely don't want to attract any more negativity when promoting Hero.
3) They might have plan to release Geno & Chocobo Mii Costume later.
4) Maybe, just maybe, Geno is actually in.

I personally don't think it's going to be that last one, only time will tell though.

D

Deleted member

In Smash 4 we had DLC Mii Costume by themselves. It's extremely possible that the Geno Mii Costume will be coming back in a few months along with the others that came from Capcom, Namco and the Virtua Fighter Mii Costume.

I will also that a few reason why none of the Square Enix Mii Costume showed up in the Hero showcase could be because
1) Square Enix wanted Dragon Quest to be the only focus during the showcase it doesn't distract the promotion of Dragon Quest XI S.
2) Sakurai & his team probably learned from the backlash that Mii Costume & Assist Trophies get from the character fan base, so they most likely don't want to attract any more negativity when promoting Hero.

I personally don't think it's going to be that last one, only time will tell though.
If they wanted to focus solely on Dragon Quest for that Presentation then they could've totally just shadow-dropped the Geno and Chocobo Mii Costumes yet they didn't and really when would they get another chance to show those two Mii Costumes?

They probably wouldn't show it with Banjo cause the Mii Costumes that are packaged in with the fighter seem to be specifically selected and revolving around that said character, It probably couldn't be with Fighter 4 or 5 assuming they aren't a different/another Square Rep.

That just seems weird when they could've easily shadow-dropped them with Hero and they don't even need any spotlight when they are returning Mii Costumes. You could say the same thing for the Knuckles and Tails Mii Costumes but I said they didn't need to do it and they didn't absolutely need to do it yet they did it. They could've shadow dropped Geno and Chocobo yet they didn't.

QQS

Smash Lord

It’s totally OK cause it’s your opinion bro! But if you ask ME, GENO is 90% in as a fighter.

Best wishes from very far away ⭐

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
If they wanted to focus solely on Dragon Quest for that Presentation then they could've totally just shadow-dropped the Geno and Chocobo Mii Costumes yet they didn't and really when would they get another chance to show those two Mii Costumes?

They probably wouldn't show it with Banjo cause the Mii Costumes that are packaged in with the fighter seem to be specifically selected and revolving around that said character, It probably couldn't be with Fighter 4 or 5 assuming they aren't a different/another Square Rep.

That just seems weird when they could've easily shadow-dropped them with Hero and they don't even need any spotlight when they are returning Mii Costumes. You could say the same thing for the Knuckles and Tails Mii Costumes but I said they didn't need to do it and they didn't absolutely need to do it yet they did it. They could've shadow dropped Geno and Chocobo yet they didn't.
No matter what it is they're not going to shadowdrop Mii Costumes, especially Geno. It would be ridiculous to not mention those two during the showcase but shadowdrop them on the same day like they're trying to get something in without people noticing. That defeat the purpose of selling something. Also if Sakurai shadowdrop Geno's Mii Costume on the same day of a showcase without mentioning that gives the impression Geno isn't worth talking about, which can also be taken negatively.

Also not every Mii Costume sells have to be tied to a DLC character. They could most likely release a new batch of Mii Costume in between Hero and Banjo release. Remember, there were plenty of time they did that with Smash Bros 4 where they had nothing on characters but got stuff for Mii Costumes.

Sure each Mii Costume DLC follows the pattern of being involved with a certain fighter, but where are Akira & Jacky Mii Costume? Both are owned by SEGA and we got an Akira Assist Trophy & Spirit, so where's that Mii Costume. Knuckles Mii Costume came back and he is also an Assist Trophy & Spirit. That doesn't mean Akira or Jacky are getting in, it possible they're releasing on a later date.

QQS

Smash Lord
Just in case, this is how you read (from right to left) “Geno” in Arabic:

جينو

Isn’t it beautiful?

ジーノ
♥♪!?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I heard that GilvaSunner got copyright strikes for Beware the Mushroom Forest and Fight Against an Armed boss today - Along with tons of other music that's in Smash.

Anyone able to confirm?

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I heard that GilvaSunner got copyright strikes for Beware the Mushroom Forest and Fight Against an Armed boss today - Along with tons of other music that's in Smash.

Anyone able to confirm?
Why is Nintendo taking down those two Super Mario RPG music tracks if this is true? I mean, I can't confirm, but if true, something is suspicious.

Luis27

Smash Apprentice
>No mii costume

>2 songs

>Starling

>SNES problaby coming to Nintendo Switch

Guys...

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643

Anyone able to confirm?
His entire channel was taken. Not just SMRPG music. I still don't know how that really plays a role in our favor. It seems standard practice for Nintendo at this point.

Either way, rip Gilva

vivala

Smash Journeyman
From what I've seen on discord, he was getting struck exclusively on smash music, but I saw nothing about SMRPG, and the channel was taken down due to the number of strikes

D

Deleted member

Anyone able to confirm?
Well they took down that music channel BrawlX (Something I don't recall the name exactly it's the dude that had Brawl in the name) was striked today and he's not allowed to upload from what I can tell he may have also been terminated and GilvaSunner was striked for a bunch of tracks but his Beware the Forests Mushrooms upload is still up for me.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well they took down that music channel BrawlX (Something I don't recall the name exactly it's the dude that had Brawl in the name) was striked today and he's not allowed to upload from what I can tell he may have also been terminated and GilvaSunner was striked for a bunch of tracks but his Beware the Forests Mushrooms upload is still up for me.

Ok, yep. Confirmed not struck

D

Deleted member

Ok, yep. Confirmed not struck
But on the other hand Nintendo hasn't gotten around to striking most of their other stuff either like this for example:
They haven't struck 100% Nintendo owned stuff which I find weird. Though it could just be that they haven't gotten around to doing that yet. This doesn't point towards Geno but it does confuse me.

QQS

Smash Lord
T
>No mii costume

>2 songs

>Starling

>SNES problaby coming to Nintendo Switch

Guys...
The 2 songs (Square pattern) + No Mii costume: YES. I’m pretty sure if Geno wasn’t intended to be playable, Sakurai would already have deconfirmed him or announced his Costume back in the Hero trailer. He knows Geno is kind of a BIG DEAL.

Geno is coming!

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
T

The 2 songs (Square pattern) + No Mii costume: YES. I’m pretty sure if Geno wasn’t intended to be playable, Sakurai would already have deconfirmed him or announced his Costume back in the Hero trailer. He knows Geno is kind of a BIG DEAL.

Geno is coming!
Wait, has Sakurai even deconfirmed anyone in Ultimate, let alone anyone in the past Smash Bros. games? Just wondering.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Wait, has Sakurai even deconfirmed anyone in Ultimate, let alone anyone in the past Smash Bros. games? Just wondering.
Well there's Krystal, Bomberman, Akira, Isaac, Shadow, Shovel Knight, Ashley, Takamaru, Waluigi, Black Knight, Springmam & the rest of ARMS, Skull Kid, Zero, Chibi Robo, Saki, Dixie Kong, Custom Robo, and Rex are all deconfirm. And I already made my stance on Spirits.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well there's Krystal, Bomberman, Akira, Isaac, Shadow, Shovel Knight, Ashley, Takamaru, Waluigi, Black Knight, Springmam & the rest of ARMS, Skull Kid, Zero, Chibi Robo, Saki, Dixie Kong, Custom Robo, and Rex are all deconfirm. And I already made my stance on Spirits.
I meant before they were revealed as Assist Trophies, Spirits, etc.

QQS

Smash Lord
O
I meant before they were revealed as Assist Trophies, Spirits, etc.
I mean Sakurai would have already deconfirmed him through making him a costume and releasing it already; but that’s not the case cause Sakurai wants Geno to be a fighter and he will surprise us, like he always does.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I’m really damn confused as to why people are jumping on the two songs thing. Hero had to share his music pool between all 4 alts no matter what, so Sakurai went for the broadest possible spread of one battle tune and one overworld tune that ensured all games were represented equally. I 100% don’t believe Square Enix has some absurd policy of only licensing two tracks per game.

Plus, Sakurai mentioned that only having two tracks would be disappointing specifically in Hero’s reveal, so I think he would do everything in his power to ensure another character didn’t come with just two. Not to mention, the prior fighters have had such huge music names as Uematsu and Sugiyama needing to be paid to get their music in the game (both more notorious for creating issues and holding a vice grip over their music rights), whereas Super Mario RPG isn’t beholden to such difficult circumstances in terms of music.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Speaking of music...

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ensify_as_another_prominent_youtuber_gets_hit

There's a point where it stops being a coincidence and turns into a pattern.

Literally the biggest tragedy of FP2, I am 99% sure that is Squeenix meddling that caused Sofia's and Femdrick's demise.
They basically fought over which heroes should be included. Never thought we'd have to end up doing fan campaigning for alts, of all things...

If we're talking ones that he personally outright said it, clear as crystal? Rex's Mii costume. ATs and costumes imply it in general, but he really went out of his way to pretty much say "he couldn't make it in the project plan, please understand" for him.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
alright i came back home now from millitary i have a new SMRPG character i modeled to show off and it was too easy to make!
here it is
Axem Yellow!

more renders

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Literally the biggest tragedy of FP2, I am 99% sure that is Squeenix meddling that caused Sofia's and Femdrick's demise.
I didn't know Sofia was her name. She's such a cutie! It's just too bad we couldn't get her. Again, Solo is still rad but Sofia is just my preference.

riggsbass

Smash Apprentice
appearently i found out that SMRPG socks were a thing! and its one of the rarest stuff on this planet
Wow... as a collector I need to see the rest of these. They have to exist!

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
In an effort to stimulate discussion, I posit the following question: If you had to pick another Mario RPG character to be in smash, who would you choose, and what would their moveset be?

Hardmode: you can't pick mallow, fawful, boshi or booster.

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
In an effort to stimulate discussion, I posit the following question: If you had to pick another Mario RPG character to be in smash, who would you choose, and what would their moveset be?

I mean other than those you listed... Belome? I feel like he’d be such a weird but interesting character given all the strange **** he can do like eating people or turning them into scarecrows and making clones.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
You guys heard of the SMRPG Takara UFO plushes? They are perhaps the rarest video game plushes in existence:

The Mallow plush is so rare that it has only been seen on Yahoo Japan Auctions twice in the past 20 years.

Last edited:

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
I would go with Yaridovich for being a spear fighter, various magic attacks like willy wisp, mirage attack for a fake-out when someone tries to attack you and water blast for a final smash. Maybe one of his taunts could be turning into the fake toads and moving in a circle to reform himself.

Splash screen would say, "Yaridovich has a promotion at stake!"

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John

Croco, mainly for his move Chomp to throw random enemy critters ... kinda like King DDD in the brawl days.

PurpleGiraffesMeow

Smash Rookie

The toad with the bazooka, obviously

riggsbass

Smash Apprentice

CROCO - his gimmick would be thievery!
JOHNNY
JINX & JAGGER

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Speaking of music...

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ensify_as_another_prominent_youtuber_gets_hit

There's a point where it stops being a coincidence and turns into a pattern.
Yeah, an unfortunate pattern of Nintendo nuking everything music related that has ended up on YouTube. Which, while their legal right, is disappointing for people like us who just want to listen to some tunes and don't have an official alternative to do so.

As I suspected, Nintendo is just coming down hard on those uploading music related to their titles. So I think it's extremely safe to say anything relating to the Super Mario RPG tunes that were copyright claimed on Brawl's channel were just collateral of a wider attack by Nintendo and tell us nothing about Smash. BrawlBRSTMs3's channel is now completely gone.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings

Paper Mario. Hard to imagine how regular attacks would be but I imagine that for a good amount of them he's would be using his hammer to fight. Neutral Special could be charging his hammer similar to Ike and Roy. Up Special could be a super jump like in Paper Mario 2 and Luigi's move in Super Paper Mario, just crumple down and go straight up and when you get to the peak Paper Mario just floats down like a piece of paper. I can't really figure out that much of a moveset for Paper Mario, but that's an inclusion that should at the very least happen.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace

I honestly wouldn't want a rep other than Geno or Fawful, but if I have to choose one I'm going to say also other than Toad (with bazooka) I would probably pick Antasma because I feel like he has cool attack animations and basically being a vampire has some moveset potential changing into a bat and all. I think it would be hilarious if his throw involved him turning into a bat to throw somebody like how he turns into a bat to help Bowser fly. His final smash could be the floating castle he builds crashing down on players below and he would probably have a lot of blood-based attacks and attacks he uses in the game and maybe a mechanic where he could hurt himself to deal more damage but also deal less damage and heal himself. Now that I write this it actually sounds really cool. This is a why Smash is so cool. There are infinite unique and interesting possibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom