• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

owjies

Smash Journeyman
Oh gosh lots of pessimism in this thread all of a sudden. I thought we weren't anticipating any Smash announcements tonight? Deep breaths everybody lol. Don't forget Smash is playable in a few hours. (I'm starting to regret ordering the metal case bundle instead of going digital :facepalm:).

D

Deleted member

The game awards are approaching, and while I'm not going to expect any Smash news (who am I kidding, I can resist the hype lol), I'll definitely be holding out for that delicious Geno reveal. Good luck guys
You too. Just give me a model and I can wait for a CGI reveal trailer or gameplay

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Steve, Slime, Katalina, the dumbest character choices
If that is the lineup along with a Gen 8 Pokemon and another Fire Emblem rep, than I'm not going to be playing the next Smash when it cames out. Ultimate will definitely be my last Smash if that is the case.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Sadly i do have to agree DQ being picked would be a dumb move. Yes it would sell inJapan… but that's it, the rest of the world would be a dead minority being interested in such character, or worse… not even being interested in buying the season pass. Nintendo should be considering picks that would sell well in every region, not just Japan. But then again I guess the "It's nintendo" argument is valid to this day… So I would just suggest brace yourselves for whatever, we already know how it went on that last smash direct lol. Anyway, Just an hour and less than half till TGA.

D

Deleted member

If that is the lineup along with a Gen 8 Pokemon and another Fire Emblem rep, than I'm not going to be playing the next Smash when it cames out. Ultimate will definitely be my last Smash if that is the case.
Unless Geno would be in the next one, or Ninten, there is a 95% chance I wouldn't play the next one

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Unless Geno would be in the next one, or Ninten, there is a 95% chance I wouldn't play the next one
After 17 years of waiting my two most wanted newcomers K. Rool and Ridley finally got in, so I'm already satisfied. But if we don't get other fan favorites like Banjo & Kazooie, Geno, Dixie Kong, or Bandana Dee as DLC in this game, I'm done! This is my last Smash.

Last edited:

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
That would just put Hitagi and Vergeben's claim even more real, meaning that Square-Enix characters is happening and potentially Geno...Why so sad?
Actually, that would put Verg's claims at risk, since he's sworn that the first DLC character is going to be a Square Enix rep. If the first one revealed isn't, all bets are off.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Steve would be a very hype inclusion if I'm being honest.

Not as hype as a playable Creeper (come on Mojang), but still hype nonetheless.

Would prefer Banjo-Kazooie get in first, though, but I'd be happy either way.

Anyway, I'm gonna expect a Dragon Quest character; if we get Geno, I'll be happily surprised and hyped. If we get an FF character that's not Black Mage or Chocobo, I sleep.

Last edited:

childishgamgeno

Smash Journeyman
Praying for no DLC news tonight honestly. No news is good news at the moment. If it’s no news, that means LeakyPandy is definitely wrong and would put a dent in the DQ claim. Geno survives another day.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
Praying for no DLC news tonight honestly. No news is good news at the moment. If it’s no news, that means LeakyPandy is definitely wrong and would put a dent in the DQ claim. Geno survives another day.
if we get dlc and it isnt banjo, lloyd, or geno im losing all hope for the dlc tbh.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Well, if I had to guess, if there is indeed no Smash news meant to be revealed at the VGA, it's entirely possible they could do what they did at EVO this year and have a direct announcement or something, like a mini direct or something. Either that, or given recent spoilers, playable bosses.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
The fact that people STILL think Dragon Quest reps are getting in is kinda crazy tbh. It comes down to Sephiroth or Geno for me. I can see either almost equally at this point.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Well guys, I'm about to go to work in a hour and a half from now, so the next time you see me on Smashboards, we will all be playing and having Ultimate in our hands. I'll see you guys tomorrow if any Smash news get's announced or on Monday because I'll be too busy playing the game on the weekend.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Oh gosh lots of pessimism in this thread all of a sudden. I thought we weren't anticipating any Smash announcements tonight? Deep breaths everybody lol. Don't forget Smash is playable in a few hours. (I'm starting to regret ordering the metal case bundle instead of going digital :facepalm:).
I'm one trillion percent not expecting a Smash reveal lol.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
I respectfully disagree. I'm just not a fan, design or potential moveset wise. At best he looks like he just does everything link does. I dunno, maybe he'll throw a potion. Not to mention, nobody gave a damn about steve until hitagi started swearing up and down that he was in.

Last edited:

paper roxy

Smash Ace
I respectfully disagree. I'm just not a fan, design or potential moveset wise. At best he looks like he just does everything link does. I dunno, maybe he'll throw a potion.
yea i feel like everything steve could do would just be link aside from the final smash. the brawl mods with steve over link are pretty accurate to minecraft which is telling about his movset potential, at least imo

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Now I'm worried that people are hearing things the rest of us haven't about the SE character that they aren't really sharing. I'm honestly getting more anxious for the VGAs than I was the last direct.

Krooli

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
3332 7619 1413
I’m personally hoping for a Banjo/Geno announcement or No news. Any of those would be fine.

Edit: what about you guys?

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I respectfully disagree. I'm just not a fan, design or potential moveset wise. At best he looks like he just does everything link does. I dunno, maybe he'll throw a potion. Not to mention, nobody gave a damn about steve until hitagi started swearing up and down that he was in.
I like Minecraft a lot, so I'd actually love any Minecraft content in Smash, especially a playable character.

Also, Steve definitely wouldn't be a Link clone, that's just a mod where they put Steve over Link; there is, however, a ship-load of stuff they could use for Steve, including the whole crafting/building gimmick if they could make it work or simply a gimmick where he get's resources from hitting opponents, like he's "mining." If that wouldn't be used, then he'd be more like Villager and Mr. Game & Watch except with his own unique items and abilities plus maybe a sword or pickaxe as a basic weapon.

-Steve couldn't be Link anyway due to TNT working differently, and there being no boomerang item :p

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Now I'm worried that people are hearing things the rest of us haven't about the SE character that they aren't really sharing. I'm honestly getting more anxious for the VGAs than I was the last direct.
So, in other words, they're bluffing they have information? Polar has proven to be very reliable so far, so they could be full of it.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird

Not as hype as a playable Creeper (come on Mojang), but still hype nonetheless.

Would prefer Banjo-Kazooie get in first, though, but I'd be happy either way.

Anyway, I'm gonna expect a Dragon Quest character; if we get Geno, I'll be happily surprised and hyped. If we get an FF character that's not Black Mage or Chocobo, I sleep.
Lol, I actually want him as well. You aren't alone. XD
I really don't mind a Microsoft rep being B&K or Steve. I think I'd prefer Banjo and Kazooie though since the fans have been waiting so long.

I think for me, whoever a potential Microsoft rep is, it's a win-win for me personally.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
I like Minecraft a lot, so I'd actually love any Minecraft content in Smash, especially a playable character.

Also, Steve definitely wouldn't be a Link clone, that's just a mod where they put Steve over Link; there is, however, a ship-load of stuff they could use for Steve, including the whole crafting/building gimmick if they could make it work or simply a gimmick where he get's resources from hitting opponents, like he's "mining." If that wouldn't be used, then he'd be more like Villager and Mr. Game & Watch except with his own unique items plus maybe a sword or pickaxe as a basic weapon.
I was just basing that on my own memories of minecraft. and as for the moveset presented here, I'm not a fan. Nor will I ever be one. I love minecraft, but I hate steve. He's ugly as sin and the most basic of blank character avatars that everyone (rightfully so, I might add) replaces with a custom skin the moment they get the opportunity. If it were something like a stage or assist trophy, I'd be more accepting. The creeper is far more iconic to minecraft than steve, and the stage would be the best representation you could give, considering minecraft isn't about steve, it's about the world you play in. I wouldn't lose sleep if minecraft never touched smash bros.

JuryRigging

Smash Cadet
The 'light years' comment is probably about Metroid because the game is in space, that's what I get out of that comment anyway.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
I want them to reveal Bandana Dee, but unless they're announcing the next Kirby game (which is apparently going to be a 3d game so :0) I don't see it happening and TGA. It's either the square rep or banjo, or no smash at all. I'm kinda leaning towards Geno getting in though, the square rep is supposedly first, and I'm still confident it's geno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom