• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

My dude, I was just about the comment that. Great minds think alike.

(Also, you changed your profile pic! How come? Your old one was so synonymous with you.)
I tend to change my avatars based on how I'm feeling, and I really want to know where the star man is.

Grumbo

Smash Ace
What on earth is a Geno? Sounds like some Italian guy. Maybe a plumber

Last edited:

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Well, shoot. Ok, so, I think I have a prediction for when Terry comes out. The Tetris spirits are slated to be added to the game officially Nov 24. Since they're possibly going to work like the Daemon X Machina ones (which were added to the files when Banjo launched) and the event started on the 26th [22 days after the launch], it's possible we could see Terry, based on that assumption, Nov 2. I think it's possible, since most of our Fighter Pass characters have come out early into the months and Terry had some gameplay ready all the way back on August 3. Now, this is just a guess, since we don't have enough spirits to make this theory 100% accurate but it is certainly possible.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well, shoot. Ok, so, I think I have a prediction for when Terry comes out. The Tetris spirits are slated to be added to the game officially Nov 24. Since they're possibly going to work like the Daemon X Machina ones (which were added to the files when Banjo launched) and the event started on the 26th [22 days after the launch], it's possible we could see Terry, based on that assumption, Nov 2. I think it's possible, since most of our Fighter Pass characters have come out early into the months and Terry had some gameplay ready all the way back on August 3. Now, this is just a guess, since we don't have enough spirits to make this theory 100% accurate but it is certainly possible.
Feels like every character comes out on a Tuesday evening, so my money's on the 5th. Of course, now's as good a time as any to throw us for a loop.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
User was warned for this post
Way to completely disregard the entire argument and oversimplify! Interestingly, my comment calling you out has amassed numerous likes, but your "rebuttal" have none at the time of typing this. Which tells me people are seemingly siding with my opinion regarding your behavior.

I am content with the roster, that doesn't mean I have no investment. You are attempting to oversimplify and weaken your stance even further by not defending yourself at all. Just because I don't view Assist Trophies/Spirits as the developers having contempt, doesn't mean I have little to no investment. I love Smash, I just choose not to take inclusions/exclusions as personally as you. Especially when there are many many many signs pointing to the developers caring. You can't argue against facts with your feelings. It is clear the developers care, you just think they don't care about the ballot and fans requests because the recent requests weren't ones YOU have heard requests for. Sakurai and his team clearly care, certainly more than more than a vast majority of developers out there at the current moment. I think it is time you step outside your echo chamber and stop taking things so personally from the developers.

I won't be responding to you anymore, especially because you can never effectively defend yourself. I don't want to keep calling you out, but I will if you keep acting like an immature child who can't handle Piranha Plant being a character (who continues to think Assist Trophies/Spirits are signs of contempt whilst ignoring all the other signs that clearly show the developers care). I don't like arguing, but it is clear people have had enough of your behavior (as many have asked you to give it a rest before). I understand being disappointed in character choice/absence, but my god you have beaten the already dead horse countless times and I and others are sick of it. Give it a rest and move on.
Glad to see you care so much about having your comment getting liked. Fine, you win. Clearly I am wrong for not liking something. Because if I say that I hate or don't like something it means that I just can't handle it. That's the only thing that make sense, because you can't just hate & accept something at the same time.

Your comment that gather so many likes have showed me the error of my ways.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Glad to see you care so much about having your comment getting liked. Fine, you win. Clearly I am wrong for not liking something. Because if I say that I hate or don't like something it means that I just can't handle it. That's the only thing that make sense, because you can't just hate & accept something at the same time.
I honestly haven't found any reason to believe you've accepted the things you're so vocal against.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Yeah, I'd really rather not gatekeep those kind of people. As long as no one is popping in to be a troll and stir drama, I have no issues. To the non-trolls, I just say, well... welcome to our crazy corner of the internet! I hope you like star bits, because we have a lot of 'em. We have some pie, too. You want some pie? What's your favorite? We're dying to know!

I concur. I don't see it as contempt towards the fans, but more trying to keep things fresh while also dropping fan wants at the right time. If we were just chopped liver, we wouldn't have gotten Banjo and Kazooie. Besides, that desire to seek new and interesting additions that people didn't think of gave us some cool stuff to work with. Hero is awesome, Joker made me happy (insanely so after I went through P5 and came to ADORE him as a character — I love Persona, but at the time, I hadn't gone through 5), and... well, I already liked Terry before Smash, so I'm biased rofl.

My judgment is likely very muddled, though, given my only remaining most wanted is Geno. After he gets his time in the sun, I really won't have more to ask for, and I'll just... be hype for whatever else happens. :drflip:
Woah woah woah. Hold on there. I could have sworn we all agreed that we would have cake here not pie!!

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
I honestly haven't found any reason to believe you've accepted the things you're so vocal against.
Just because you accept something doesn't mean you have to stop disliking it. I've already accepted that many of my favorite characters aren't never getting into Smash Bros, doesn't mean I have like it or not allow to voice my displeasure. Seems like if I ever say something negative I have to put a clarifying statement say I still like the game & developers.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
what if
Geno got into Smash
as a DLC character
haha just
kidding

unless..?

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Was checking the dates past Nintendo, and Smash Directs have broadcasted and... last year we had a Smash-focused Direct on November 1st. Coincidentally, this Direct was the one that showed off the last two fighters of the base roster. Could they pull a parallel this upcoming November 1st to reveal the last fighter of the Fighters Pass (as well as show gameplay of Terry, music, stage, and rest of ver. 6.0)? Would they even go beyond and tease the future DLC fighters?! :eek:

Stay tuned. :shades:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Woah woah woah. Hold on there. I could have sworn we all agreed that we would have cake here not pie!!
*SLAMS TABLE* I'm sorry...were you here when we went through the great pie debate of 2018!? I was the one who brought it up during a debacle between Sabi and Xenother in this very thread! You will NOT disrespect pie! *puts several pies on the table* now choose!! :4pacman:

Also, Geno is a really cool dude and I hope they make into Ultimate :)

EDIT: I may have had a drink or two haha.

Last edited:

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
Was checking the dates past Nintendo, and Smash Directs have broadcasted and... last year we had a Smash-focused Direct on November 1st. Coincidentally, this Direct was the one that showed off the last two fighters of the base roster. Could they pull a parallel this upcoming November 1st to reveal the last fighter of the Fighters Pass (as well as show gameplay of Terry, music, stage, and rest of ver. 6.0)? Would they even go beyond and tease the future DLC fighters?! :eek:

Stay tuned. :shades:
I believe November 1st for this year is on a Friday and Nintendo never does a Direct on a Friday, They mostly air their Direct on a Tuesday or Wednesday.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
November 6th-7th seems the most likely we will get Terry. I have no idea if Sakurai would reveal FP 5 there though.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
It's rather funny that the closest thing to Geno having a counterpart in Paper Mario would be Twink. Just a testament to how Square pushed the limits or fantasy in SMRPG. You were running around with a lost Cloud Prince, and star inhabiting a bad ass puppet. Really made the whole "Star Spirit" thing seem more otherworldly and powerful.
Mmmm, I love a post with some
THUBTHANCE :2gud:

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
I'm uh, not sure if I should've made this (maybe I shouldn't have) but, ForsakenM and Nicnac's short conversation about this earlier made me want to try and expand on it (don't know how to tag people properly so I apologize for that). Anyways:
PhotoEditor_20191024_012807372.jpg

D

Deleted member

I really enjoyed Nier Automata. If 2B gets in, I will not complain but that looks fake as hell.

QQS

Smash Lord
I have always been amazed of how perfect Geno is as a character in Smash. I mean, c’mon..beyond that he is such a great character and we love it, moreover he fits perfectly for Smash. To name a few:

-He has a good design to fit in the game
-He has perfect moveset to enjoy and to make Smash more versatile and variable with the Timed Hit (like Hero did for example).
-He has also a perfect Final Smash
-He has all the alt.costumes that we can see happening based on the colors of the Stars, the colors of the bosses, or the colors of the Japanese magazine from the game
-He has many good songs which can be perfectly part of the soundtrack
-He has a couple of good stage options (Forest Maze, Castle, a Panoramic view of the Mario RPG World Map, just to name a few)
-He will be the only Third Party (Square Enix) fighter to be from a First Party universe (Mario)
-You can create a perfect “quest name” or themed path on his classic mode
-He could has perfect partners to appear as spirits like Mallow or Smithy
-Perfect victory animation and victory theme song
-He even has perfect taunts from his own game
-To finish, he is just a solid pick to Kirby’s copy ability

What impress me more, is that all of the material that you can put together to create Geno in smash, is only from ONE game where he is playable. I mean, not only the character is cool, beautiful, and epic; he is also perfectly transferable to Smash.

My point is that for example other beloved characters such as Mega Man or Banjo-Kazooie: the Development Team had to use more than 1 game to create the character. In Geno’s case, you can get plenty of thousand of material just from the only playable game he has.

Geno is spectacular. I’m sure he is happening. 100% are my chances.

Geno descends from Star Road! (to be in Smash Road)

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot

ZelDan

Smash Master
Geno? Doesn;t
Darn, it sure is a shame this totally legit leaker had zero way to take a pic in higher quality and had absolutely no way of showing more of teh character or stage their on, conveniently making it harder to see the model in detail. It sucks no such technology or methods exist in the year 2019 that can pull any of this stuff off..

Truly, truly a shame...

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01
So Vergeben is saying Ryu Hayabusa is definetely not character #5.

Geno still alive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom