• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Geno gives it a Whirl!
Geno Blasts in!
Geno Shoots from the Stars!
Geno Squares up the Competition!
Geno, You Mad Bro?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yeah, people can say all they want about "General popularity" vs the Smash Bubble but objective metrics like view counts speak for themselves.

Also a cool Geno-related thing popular YouTuber The Completionist just released his Top 10 most wanted Smash characters

Our boy got number 2 (Geno's his personal number one but he put Crash at number one because it'd be an overall bigger deal).
I haven't viewed the video, but judging by the video picture, don't tell me Goku from Dragon Ball is on the list.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I think that's probably more accurate. Regardless, and like I've said before, when other fan groups (or even straight-up Geno antagonists) admit his chances are good, that's a really great sign. It's a heck of a lot better than some troll dropping in just to drop a huge duke and then run off.
At risk of sounding like I'm obsessive, I think the word for it for me is "vindicating". It feels like us Geno fans always have to grin and bear it when the discussion is taking a turn away from our boy, and the evidence is piling up against him, so to see people who don't want him finally have to do the same feels so... fair.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
God just give it a rest for once. It is basically every other day you say the same schtick about "oh I guess Sakurai doesn't care anymore," or "Sakurai hates the ballot," or whatever comment you have.

Let's see, because of the Smash ballot we have every single character in Smash history returning, Ridley, the Belmonts, Dark Samus, Chrom, King K. Rool, Isabelle, Banjo & Kazooie, probably Geno, and maybe even more. Just because Sakurai isn't making every single DLC fighter a "ballot choice" doesn't mean he hates the ballot now/doesn't care. But I know, it is absolutely POINTLESS to ever change your mind on this. You want to continue to revel in your own self-pity and contempt for certain characters being Assist Trophies and Spirits. Yep, Piranha Plant is a character, get over it. You literally accused Slime Scholar for something he didn't do just so it could fit your previous argument. This continuous argument is so ****ing tiring. Sakurai worked his *** off, and clearly cares about the fans. I agree with the things Ovaltine and others said, I am GLAD they don't always pick high fan requests. ESPECIALLY when there is people like you. That is the only time I don't want a character someone wants: when they're entitled and constantly spewing how the developers have contempt towards them for not picking certain characters. What YOU don't seem to understand is that it ISN'T contempt towards fans. But you can't get that, and it is evident by your constant spewing of this same old garbage.

I have said before that I am not saying you can't criticize Sakurai, but you just constantly spew this same played out argument that is clearly false. But because you take characters as Assist Trophies/Spirits as the developers having contempt towards fans and/or not caring, you perpetuate the idiotic mindset. If you or anyone else thinks this is "toxic" or "too harsh," I have no idea what kind of behavior wynn is displaying then. People get annoyed when there are spammers and people get off topic, well I'm tired of this stupid passive-aggressive argument constantly being spewed. But I know that this will likely be brought up again and wynn will continue to spew it.
You admit that you don't care who gets in so characters being deconfirmed doesn't bother you. Don't tell me that I'm an idiot because I have investment unlike you.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
No, he's an irrelevant character who only appeared in one game! Therefore he doesn't deserve to be in Smash! :4pacman:
*Blasts Starlight42 with a cannon and then aims it at everyone else* Now what do you think about Geno in Smash?

I know you were kidding, by the way. I just had to do this.

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
You admit that you don't care who gets in so characters being deconfirmed doesn't bother you. Don't tell me that I'm an idiot because I have investment unlike you.
Whoops

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Dude don't you already know that Geno is a spirit in the game already.:4pacman:
The fan rule of "Spirits cannot be playable" hasn't been proven yet. There is still a chance that can be disproven. Not just with Geno, but with anyon-wait a minute! You're joking are you? I said too much!

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Decided to boot up xp today and fool around with geno and I remembered why I haven't played melee much at all in almost a decade. This reveal can't come soon enough

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Decided to boot up xp today and fool around with geno and I remembered why I haven't played melee much at all in almost a decade. this reveal can't come soon enough
But it can always come later! :troll:

Sorry, I just had to do it.

D

Deleted member

Just because they're open to characters doesn't mean they have any less investment than we do and that's absolutely fine. I even agree with you to an extent when it comes to finding the characters that are Spirits/ATs more interesting than the characters that aren't I understand but name-calling does nothing but hurt your argument.

I even dislike Piranha Plant to an extent but it's either we have Piranha Plant or we have nothing it's not like it stole a slot from Geno/Dixie/Isaac/Waluigi/Etc it's not an either or situation it's a have it or have nothing situation so for what it is I would take Piranha Plant over nothing.

Slots within themselves is a stupid concept people who're angry their character didn't make it use to justify feeling that way as with any Smash character it's a have it or have nothing situation. Hell Sakurai could've ported Smash 4 like people were speculating before E3 2018 but we have this wonderful roster instead something people could've only dreamed about so don't let one single character ruin that for you.

Anyways you name-calling is doing nothing but hurting your argument.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, screw Geno! We need Alm, Byleth, Edelgard, Celica, Lyn, Tharja, Azura, and Black Knight playable!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Way to completely disregard the entire argument and oversimplify! Interestingly, my comment calling you out has amassed numerous likes, but your "rebuttal" have none at the time of typing this. Which tells me people are seemingly siding with my opinion regarding your behavior.

I am content with the roster, that doesn't mean I have no investment. You are attempting to oversimplify and weaken your stance even further by not defending yourself at all. Just because I don't view Assist Trophies/Spirits as the developers having contempt, doesn't mean I have little to no investment. I love Smash, I just choose not to take inclusions/exclusions as personally as you. Especially when there are many many many signs pointing to the developers caring. You can't argue against facts with your feelings. It is clear the developers care, you just think they don't care about the ballot and fans requests because the recent requests weren't ones YOU have heard requests for. Sakurai and his team clearly care, certainly more than more than a vast majority of developers out there at the current moment. I think it is time you step outside your echo chamber and stop taking things so personally from the developers.

I won't be responding to you anymore, especially because you can never effectively defend yourself. I don't want to keep calling you out, but I will if you keep acting like an immature child who can't handle Piranha Plant being a character (who continues to think Assist Trophies/Spirits are signs of contempt whilst ignoring all the other signs that clearly show the developers care). I don't like arguing, but it is clear people have had enough of your behavior (as many have asked you to give it a rest before). I understand being disappointed in character choice/absence, but my god you have beaten the already dead horse countless times and I and others are sick of it. Give it a rest and move on.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
An Earthbound character.
I thought it was a miserable little pile of wood. But enough talk! *aims cannon at everyone* Have at you! *fires cannon, but it explodes in his face* I paid 500 dollars for this. *cough* What a ripoff!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I’m not sure... but he’s definitely an Earthbound character!
Is he one of Ness' toys who comes to life do to an alien energy and saves the four heroes from being killed by one of the aliens with a Geno Whirl hitting at 9999 damage?

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Just because they're open to characters doesn't mean they have any less investment than we do and that's absolutely fine. I even agree with you to an extent when it comes to finding the characters that are Spirits/ATs more interesting than the characters that aren't I understand but name-calling does nothing but hurt your argument.

I even dislike Piranha Plant to an extent but it's either we have Piranha Plant or we have nothing it's not like it stole a slot from Geno/Dixie/Isaac/Waluigi/Etc it's not an either or situation it's a have it or have nothing situation so for what it is I would take Piranha Plant over nothing.

Slots within themselves is a stupid concept people who're angry their character didn't make it use to justify feeling that way as with any Smash character it's a have it or have nothing situation. Hell Sakurai could've ported Smash 4 like people were speculating before E3 2018 but we have this wonderful roster instead something people could've only dreamed about so don't let one single character ruin that for you.

Anyways you name-calling is doing nothing but hurting your argument.
Name-Calling? Since when did I do that? I say a lot of stuff but name-calling isn't one of them. I didn't call this guy anything.

Though the slot argument is invalid since Sakurai did say they're was a limited amount of slots that they could add into Ultimate and they decided all of that in the beginning while leaving one slot open for a Pokemon rep.

Also WHEN HAVE I EVER SAY A CHARACTER RUIN THE ROSTER?! The roster is great, even with a rotten apple in it. Do I need to state that anytime I say anything remotely negative? Sheesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom