• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
They despise him now, imagine how incensed they'll be when he says "it's gonna be Geno"
The main reasons that I want Geno in Smash are because he has a really, really cool design, and would most likely bring a “timed hit” mechanic to Smash.

However, I can’t lie and say that the remaining third or so of my want for him isn’t because of the inevitable meltdown from GameFAQs and Reddit. Geno finally getting in before their “far more relevant and deserving” picks will practically make a bunch of them explode.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Yeah, but even then the guy could be trolling by leaving other information out like Geno being part of that Mii Costume with Smithy & Mallow.
I came to the idea that Geno, Mallow and Smithy being apart of the Mii Costume pack for the likes of Sora would be the worst and most absolutely dreadful timeline.

I totally can see it happening based on my track record of luck alone lol

Last edited:

OffBi

Smash Ace
[QUOTE = "wynn728, post: 23610209, membro: 420232"] Sim, mas mesmo assim o cara pode estar trollando deixando outras informações como Geno fazendo parte do traje Mii com Smithy & Mallow. [/ QUOTE]
[QUOTE = "wynn728, post: 23610209, membro: 420232"] Sim, mas mesmo assim o cara pode estar trollando deixando outras informações como Geno fazendo parte do traje Mii com Smithy & Mallow. [/ QUOTE]
Sinceramente, não acho que Sakurai colocaria Geno como um espírito para torná-lo um lutador no primeiro DLC.
Eu acredito que o Geno deve vir como um lutador bônus com 2 músicas.
i don't speak mexicano

D

Deleted member

I came to the idea that Geno, Mallow and Smithy being apart of the Mii Costume pack for the likes of Sora would be the worst and most absolutely dreadful timeline.

thanks for posting the most cursed possibility.

D

Deleted member

That'd be one hell of a cursed timeline though I don't see them doing that.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Not entirely, but I like the attitude. We still don't know if that post is something available in a discord that anyone's actually set eyes on, only that other insiders can corroborate to Papagenos that they saw the same screenshot, at least what I've been able to gather.

I think it's safe to say the most legit source is Sabi's insider who says no Ryu, no Crash. With how they've played this guy up as their "biggest" source, it's safe to say he's a trusted voice.
Just to clarify, its no Ryu or Crash for character 5. They can be post fighter pass.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
That'd be one hell of a cursed timeline though I don't see them doing that.
Same. I can't see them putting Geno with a Sora costume or Sora with a Geno costume and further SMRPG costumes. I can only imagine Sora coming with entirely unrelated costumes because of his Disney roots... or miraculous Disney costumes of some kind... oooor other costumes of other KH OC's.

I'd hate this timeline, not because of Sora getting in by any means (I'm hoping Sora makes it), but because that'd really make for a bunch of strife (HEH) between both Geno's and Sora's fan bases. No thanks. I'd prefer a future where they both make it. Sora's absolutely deserving of it, and, well... I am biased about Geno rofl.

Firox

Smash Master

That would be a kick to the nuts so hard, I would never fully recover.

D

Deleted member

The only Square character that is realistically in our way would be 2B not Sora so I think we would need to worry about her before Sora as Sora is more so a Disney character rather than a Square character while 2B is indeed a square character.

Septhiroth could be a dark horse/curveball pick but I don't really see them double dipping into franchises before getting their other unrepresented franchises in.

Still I think 2B would be the only character in our way so I doubt they would put Geno in as a Mii Costume if Sora got in instead of KH characters and whatnot.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
The main reasons that I want Geno in Smash are because he has a really, really cool design, and would most likely bring a “timed hit” mechanic to Smash.

However, I can’t lie and say that the remaining third or so of my want for him isn’t because of the inevitable meltdown from GameFAQs and Reddit. Geno finally getting in before their “far more relevant and deserving” picks will practically make a bunch of them explode.
If we want to get specific, then the "timed hit" mechanic has already been explored with Incineroar's Alolan Whip, but to have that move be most of the characters kit would be very cool.

Also Reddit actually wanted Geno the third most just behind Banjo and Isaac at one point, so I think it's just because Reddit doesn't consider him likely still. But I don't think Reddit keeps track of speculation and leaks anyway.

D

Deleted member

tbh I'm kinda feeling bad about Geno's chances recently people say there's a lot of stuff going for him and whatnot but I feel like all of those could be coincidences and we're blinded by bias and sheer coincidences like how the Grinch Leak had a dozen+ coincidences going for it yet was fake.

I know Fatmanonice said that most insiders feel like Geno is a 50/50 at worst but not everyone has the full picture and we could be bamboozled and glossed over again in favor of 2B or someone else.

I'm kinda feeling bad about it today and I can't shake the feeling that we might get the Mii Costume though I hope I'm wrong.

Someone in my friend group mentioned how the Credits for Classic mode looks a lot like Nier: Automata's credits and Sakurai could've been inspired by the game like he was for Terry/KoF when making Smash and Joker/P5 when making the game menu plus how he mentioned the game on a few occasions within his articles and that could lead to her getting in instead of Geno.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

I seriously doubt it, especially with how Dragon Quest was treated. Sora would more than likely be a grab bag of Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy, something like: Organization XIII hood, Axel, Riku, Kairi, Aqua, and something goofy like (Goofy) a Moogle hat. I seriously doubt they would introduce two all new SMRPG costumes to swerve it entirely.

Firox

Smash Master
tbh I'm kinda feeling bad about Geno's chances recently people say there's a lot of stuff going for him and whatnot but I feel like all of those could be coincidences and we're blinded by bias and sheer coincidences like how the Grinch Leak had a dozen+ coincidences going for it yet was fake.

I know Fatmanonice said that most insiders feel like Geno is a 50/50 at worst but not everyone has the full picture and we could be bamboozled and glossed over again in favor of 2B or someone else.

I'm kinda feeling bad about it today and I can't shake the feeling that we might get the Mii Costume though I hope I'm wrong.

Someone in my friend group mentioned how the Credits for Classic mode looks a lot like Nier: Automata's credits and Sakurai could've been inspired by the game like he was for Terry/KoF when making Smash and Joker/P5 when making the game menu plus how he mentioned the game on a few occasions within his articles and that could lead to her getting in instead of Geno.
In my personal opinion, I think the clincher will be when fighter #5 is revealed. If it ISN'T Geno, and if Geno is ONLY going to be a costume, I have a feeling that that's when he'll be dropped along with most if not all of the remaining original mii costumes. I could be wrong, but still, if he finishes off the original fighter's pass without being condemned to a costume, then I'll be pretty freaking stoked. It will basically guarantee that either Geno gets in for real or we're getting another awesome SE rep at dead minimum.

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I didn't mean to act negatively about it. I don't believe my worst case scenario either, but I am so sensitive about the idea of Geno not making it.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I didn't mean to act negatively about it. I don't believe my worst case scenario either, but I am so sensitive about the idea of Geno not making it.
I know and I know that this is kind of anxiety inducing to simply wait. Honestly, I wish I could just list everyone that's been seriously talked about but we have way too much experience with the problems that causes. People joke that the Smash fanbase is like falling crotch first into a jar of peanut butter, ****ing nuts, but really it is, especially with repeat threats to dox or even sue for "bad news" from a number of people. It's also why a lot of the big professionals don't even want to touch Smash Bros with 49 1/2 foot pole and why so much of the news come from seemingly random people or people going out of their way to conceal their real identity. Hell, I don't even know Sabi's real name and she's the only person in the circle this is the case for but I honestly don't blame her either.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I know and I know that this is kind of anxiety inducing to simply wait. Honestly, I wish I could just list everyone that's been seriously talked about but we have way too much experience with the problems that causes. People joke that the Smash fanbase is like falling crotch first into a jar of peanut butter, ****ing nuts, but really it is, especially with repeat threats to dox or even sue for "bad news" from a number of people. It's also why a lot of the big professionals don't even want to touch Smash Bros with 49 1/2 foot pole and why so much of the news come from seemingly random people or people going out of their way to conceal their real identity. Hell, I don't even know Sabi's real name and she's the only person in the circle this is the case for but I honestly don't blame her either.
Is our guy at least 'in the running?'

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I seriously doubt it, especially with how Dragon Quest was treated. Sora would more than likely be a grab bag of Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy, something like: Organization XIII hood, Axel, Riku, Kairi, Aqua, and something goofy like (Goofy) a Moogle hat. I seriously doubt they would introduce two all new SMRPG costumes to swerve it entirely.
Oh, so are you completely on board with the Mii Costumes leak?

I’m skeptical myself but predicting Goemon and Rocket Grunt... how the **** does one do that lol

D

Deleted member

I’m skeptical myself but predicting Goemon and Rocket Grunt... how the **** does one do that lol
One does that by having legitimate information but then shoehorning in "Mallow/Smitthy" to fling poo at us. I mean, from what I see, Geno fans are the most hated Smash speculator community there is, and for basically no reason.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Is our guy at least 'in the running?'
I've already said he is and pretty much the only one I can talk about aside from Ryu and Crash because Geno developments always seem to make it's way public anyways. I can only talk about the others if somebody like Sabi comes out and talks about them. That's kind of the hard rule I've been given concerning Smash.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
The day KOS-MOS is acknowledged without inspect element is the day I will grin a centimeter wider, 'cause there's no way in hell she's even in at this point outside of a freaking miracle. That could just be a jaded 'ol KOS-MOSupporter like myself getting beaten over and over by nothing-news this whole cycle though...

For Sakurai to even select her and other dream characters, it all comes down to this one phrase:
neat.jpg

Last edited:

Rikarte

Smash Ace

It's not only Rocket Grunt and Goemon but also Proto Man and Zero. Yeah, they were returning Mii outfits but keep in mind that Smash 4 also had costumes for MegaMan.EXE and Megaman X which did not return. Guessing this would be one hell of a coincidence.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
I've already said he is and pretty much the only one I can talk about aside from Ryu and Crash because Geno developments always seem to make it's way public anyways. I can only talk about the others if somebody like Sabi comes out and talks about them. That's kind of the hard rule I've been given concerning Smash.
At least the topic of Geno hasn't gone away from the sources ... it could mean hope!

If the Mii Costume thing is indeed 100% legit, I find it hard to fathom Sakurai would bring in 1 or 2 more SMRPG costumes to have alongside the Geno costume ...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

People agree that there's no hard evidence against it right now but, yes, worst case scenario is that the person was totally right about Banjo's costumes but for whatever reason wanted to be a troll about the others. Again, there's no evidence of this anyways and merely conjecture. To add to this, I believe the original post was a private message so it would have been done to troll literally one person which is kind of... dumb. Lie and then give a person the keys for revenge because they know your identity? Einstein's quote aside, I don't think anyone's that dumb or petty.

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
A little bit off-topic but apparently Vergeben is also looking into who the next Smash character is. That would also be interesting to see how his info correlates to Sabi's leaker, as well as the Ryu/Crash leaks too.
It's so interesting how Smash Ultimate speculation has changed. A year ago, Vergeben was kinda like the Smash leaker who practically was on point and was the only person most listened too. Fast forward a year, Vergeben is largely silent and now we have people like PapaGenos and Sabi who've taken the helm who are pretty accessible and frequently talk with people with inside info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom