• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice
I know youre unable to tell us what the starling is, but is it still relevant to speculation and still hasnt come to pass? Thanks.
Didn't he say before his hiatus that the starling had nothing to do with Geno/Smash?

Tell me if I'm remembering wrong, but I recall him saying something along those lines.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I'm gonna guess Reimu isn't part of the "Mystery 4"? Cause this tweet surfaced:

it literally has the Katakana for Smash Bros. (スマッシュブラザーズ) in it

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Didn't he say before his hiatus that the starling had nothing to do with Geno/Smash?

Tell me if I'm remembering wrong, but I recall him saying something along those lines.
He never confirmed what the Starling was a hint towards, only that it wasn't Terry.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

The Touhou community seems to think that this is just someone being rather sarcastic about the topic, as namedropping Smash Bros is a move you don't want to pull.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice if you can't tell us that's fine, but you mentioned that there are a few names squeaking around in regards to leakers. How many are frequently talked about in the speculation scene?
This I can answer. Aside from Crash, Geno, and Ryu, there's like 4 or 5 others that have come up with enough frequency that I feel like they were either seriously considered at one point or are going to come eventually. This is why I shot down Reimu because, like I said yesterday, nobody noteworthy has seriously talked about the character and that one guy was an island.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
I think it was that it was unrelated to King of Fighters.
He never confirmed what the Starling was a hint towards, only that it wasn't Terry.
Thank you two for the clarification. I do recall seeing that as well.

So uh, a quick run through of Google Translate shows this as "I'm really happy to be involved in this commercial project where the famous music circles are gathered together because of the Super Smash Bros. I can say that this will never happen again (Sciolsky)"

D

Deleted member

Is Rayman part of the 4 mystery boys?
No it's Isaac obviously.

Actually it probably isn't but god I would love a classic first party character like Isaac, Waluigi, Dixie or Bandanna Dee to get in as DLC.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019

A Ayumi Tachibana in the Reimu thread said this:

He is talking about Cannonball. He's just saying, "looking at all the names of doujin music circles involved, it's like Smash Bros." and expressing his happiness.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
wynn728 wynn728 @Serenade01

If this was a troll, why not just say Geno is a fighter? Why include BOTH Mallow and Smithy as Mii Suits? Wouldn’t just Mallow suffice?
It all had to do with making it believable and having your mind fill in the blanks. It's entirely possible that both Mallow & Smithy are Mii Costumes, but it's also possible that Geno appears along side them so you get Brawler (Mallow), Sword (Smithy), and Gunner (Geno) Costumes. So that troll leaker probably saw those three and instead of mentioning the Geno part to PapaGenos they left it out, because they knew that would lead people to thinking Geno is actually playable only for the costume to come back.

Ever since the news came out of those two costumes made many of the users here fully believe that Geno is in. If their goal was to troll us into thinking it happening then mission accomplish. People bought it and trying to dismiss the other possibility. We have trolls out there who go into a ridiculous length to fool people (such as Rayman & Grinch leak), leaving out one part of legit info to fool people is less work when compare to that.

It's entirely possible that Geno might not be a Mii Costume and gets in on the second wave with the other two Mii Costumes, but we shouldn't believe that. We need to skeptical, and with context of what this leaker is like we need to consider the possibility that they're completely trolling us. If Geno is actually gets in then that's great, but that might not be the case here.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Not true. Specifically said it's not King of Fighters. Of course I hope the Starling has to do with Geno, but I am thinking it is/was for Terry (AKA Star on his Jacket.) It's a sly way of not confirming or denying it's Terry by specifically using the game Terry was original from but was replaced by Fatal Fury.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Fatman probably can’t comment on this, but i’m getting a personal feeling that Steve might be one of the characters being discussed, because he surprisngly didnt even get a Mii costume despite being talked about by so many leakers

D

Deleted member

Fatman probably can’t comment on this, but i’m getting a personal feeling that Steve might be one of the characters being discussed, because he surprisngly didnt even get a Mii costume despite being talked about by so many leakers
Hey if that's the case I personally wouldn't mind Steve at all as the only reason I didn't want Steve is cause I would've wanted Banjo first though since he's now in I'm completely open to Steve getting in as well.

He's from the best selling video game ever and has a lot of historical value so sure bring in the dude even if Minecraft animations might be stiff I'm sure Sakurai can figure a way around it.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Kinda going back about the Mallow and Smithy thing, the screen shot shows the listing as Mallow/Smithy ... doesn't that mean it's just one of those? When you put X/Y, it doesn't mean X and Y, but it's X or Y.

Last edited:

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Hey if that's the case I personally wouldn't mind Steve at all as the only reason I didn't want Steve is cause I would've wanted Banjo first though since he's now in I'm completely open to Steve getting in as well.

He's from the best selling video game ever and has a lot of historical value so sure bring in the dude even if Minecraft animations might be stiff I'm sure Sakurai can figure a way around it.
Here’s what i’m imagining happened

Steve was prominent in the leak scene, people thought Banjo wasnt going to come

At the same time, Banjo rumors came from
more reliable sources, so people assumed Steve to be leakbait.

Then of course, when Banjo was announced, people thought Steve had no chance.

And then now, we have more fighters coming and there is no Minecraft stage, Mii costume, etc. Despite being currently the best selling game ever made.

Seems fishy to me, not gonna lie.

Nicnac

Smash Ace
This I can answer. Aside from Crash, Geno, and Ryu, there's like 4 or 5 others that have come up with enough frequency that I feel like they were either seriously considered at one point or are going to come eventually. This is why I shot down Reimu because, like I said yesterday, nobody noteworthy has seriously talked about the character and that one guy was an island.
You said there are (minimum) 4 post-pass slots. Is it feasible for all 7 of the non-Hayabusa slots to be added?

D0ct0r

Smash Cadet
That thing about having Mallow (Brawler), Smithy (Swordsman), and Geno (Gunner) makes a lot of sense and it sadly feels like how it might end up playing out in the future.

The good timeline is that we get Geno as a fighter and also the Mallow and Smithy costumes. :joyful:

Last edited:

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
I definitely think more Microsoft characters are on the table. Don't know if they've been mentioned, but I wouldn't be surprised if they are being talked about. The extremely positive response to Banjo in Smash makes me believe Microsoft is willing to double dip. Steve and Master Chief are pretty big icons I can see happening

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
That thing about having Mallow (Brawler), Smithy (Swordsman), and Geno (Gunner) makes a lot of sense and it sadly feels like how it might end up playing out in the future.

The good timeline is that we get Geno as a fighter and also the Mallow and Smithy costumes. :joyful:
Mallow as a Brawler and Smithy as a Swordfighter with Exor Sword. Geno as Gunner returning. That way all three Miis are represented with Super Mario RPG

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
You said there are (minimum) 4 post-pass slots. Is it feasible for all 7 of the non-Hayabusa slots to be added?
Not definite but 4 seems to be the safest bet for now because it follows a lot of DLC patterns of Nintendo of supporting their bigger games for 2 years or more. As for EVERYONE making it, I kind of doubt it. It would be unbelievably lucky and practically a fever dream that would likely carry on for another two years. My current guess is that post pass will be 4 or 5 and then Sakurai will call it quits.

StormC

Smash Hero
4-5 is about what I expected for post-Pass DLC. Getting all the WOL slots filled up felt a bit pipe dreamish, unless they went crazy with Echo Fighters.

Think Geno will end up being one of those 4-5 slots.

Last edited:

OffBi

Smash Ace
4-5 is about what I expected for post-Pass DLC. Getting all the WOL slots filled up felt a bit pipe dreamish, unless they went crazy with Echo Fighters.

Think Geno will end up being one of those 4-5 slots.
Ah yes, Geno, the echo fighter of Megaman

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Stuff out in the open. It's kind of ironic to recognize that a lot of the Geno stuff has gotten out and it's not even my fault. And, again, that's another thing. It's just been a constant stream of backroom talk since, like, last September that has bit by bit been made public by different people so it highlights that this info is coming from a variety of channels and isn't secretly me with a rusty typewriter kek'ing into the night air as I spread unabashed lies (according to some accounts I've read about me).

So you ARE Sakurai! I knew it!

Anyway, can you make my list of favorite characters playable? There's only 500 on it. K thanks.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Not definite but 4 seems to be the safest bet for now because it follows a lot of DLC patterns of Nintendo of supporting their bigger games for 2 years or more. As for EVERYONE making it, I kind of doubt it. It would be unbelievably lucky and practically a fever dream that would likely carry on for another two years. My current guess is that post pass will be 4 or 5 and then Sakurai will call it quits.
Has there been any talk about what content would come with the “additional fighters” post pass?

Originally I imagined these additional characters would be released alone (without accompanying stages or mii costumes, but probably some music), but with this mii costume leak surfacing, it makes me reconsider.

There seem to be so many options if that leak is indeed correct. Fighter 5 probably isn’t Geno because all signs point towards Ryu. I wonder if it is possible that Geno is announced with or shortly after Ryu to kick off the additional guys and so they drop the SE mii costumes with Ryu. Or I was just assuming wrong and they’re still going to be making mii costumes even after the Fighter Pass. My head is spinning with all these puzzle pieces on the table

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Also, something to consider, just because people aren't talking about certain characters doesn't mean they won't get in. Joker and Terry are both prime examples of this. Terry would have been a total surprise if Nintendo hadn't done goofed. Nintendo slipped, Sabi fact checked with her circle, and, no joke, like 8 of her contacts got back with her within a day to say that it was all but confirmed to be Terry. That's also why Geno, Ryu, and Crash are kind of significant: they're the ones that have more than just talk at the moment. Yes, there's names floating around and in the mouths of other people but so did Steve and we all know how that turned out.

D

Deleted member

absolutely do not bring that evil around here.

I've been thinking that, provided the leaker isn't full of it on Mallow/Smithy, maybe he lumped them together because they're not entire costumes, but just a hat. They're both pretty hard characters to nail down as a particular type of Mii.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Also, something to consider, just because people aren't talking about certain characters doesn't mean they won't get in. Joker and Terry are both prime examples of this. Terry would have been a total surprise if Nintendo hadn't done goofed. Nintendo slipped, Sabi fact checked with her circle, and, no joke, like 8 of her contacts got back with her within a day to say that it was all but confirmed to be Terry. That's also why Geno, Ryu, and Crash are kind of significant: they're the ones that have more than just talk at the moment. Yes, there's names floating around and in the mouths of other people but so did Steve and we all know how that turned out.
Well ****. I was just speculating how Steve could still be on the table. Was he truly just leakbait for Banjo? I predicted that he might’ve been mistaken for Banjo leakbait when in actuality he might be coming afterwards in DLC Pass 2

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Got it. So it's Waluigi, Eggman Nega, Mecha Waluigi, and Waleggi Nega.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom