• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
So, it's possible that the upcoming characters are Hayabusa, Crash, Geno and Reimu? I call it a day! Crazy to wake up with all this informatiion.

OffBi

Smash Ace
I think that this is how it goes for the Smash DLC
Smash Characters.png

Last edited:

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01
I think that this is how it goes for the Smash DLC
View attachment 242904
I agree with DLC 5-7. Big disagree with the rest.

Swap out Reimu, Doomguy and Rayman with: Leon or Jill, Steve and 2B. Resident Evil and Minecraft are so incredible big franchises and Capcom and Microsoft are really good friends of Nintendo, so why not? 2B is very popular and would sell like hotcakes too. Also more females is always a good thing.

Also add Dixie Echo and Waluigi as the very last DLC character to please Nintendo fans.

Now look at my beautiful DLC line-up:

Ryu Hayabusa
Geno
Crash Bandicoot
Leon/Jill
Steve
2B
Dixie Kong (Echo)
Waluigi

OffBi

Smash Ace
Swap out Reimu, Doomguy and Rayman with: Leon or Jill, Steve and 2B. Resident Evil and Minecraft are so incredible big franchises and Capcom and Microsoft are really good friends of Nintendo, so why not? 2B is very popular and would sell like hotcakes too. Also more females is always a good thing.

Also add Dixie Echo and Waluigi as the very last DLC character to please Nintendo fans.

Ryu Hayabusa
Geno
Crash Bandicoot
Leon/Jill
Steve
2B
Dixie Kong (Echo)
Waluigi
But... This is WRONG!!!
First, let me get this out of the way,
"Also more females is always a good thing."
But WHY tho, why do we need this, if it's just to increase our "good boy" points.
Also, why 2B specifically. I mean, I also want her too, but why not Lara croft instead, she was THE female character. Oh, and also
"Swap out Reimu, Doomguy and Rayman with: Leon or Jill, Steve and 2B. Resident Evil and Minecraft are so incredible big franchises and Capcom and Microsoft are really good friends of Nintendo, so why not?"
Are you implying that touhou or doom aren't big franchises? And we already have a Microsoft characters, SPOILER ALERT, it's Banjo. ALSO, reimu is probably leaked, and the creators of doom have more surprises for doom fans, so you know.
Also, WHY replace RAYMAN at all!
Sure, MAYBE waluigi happens, but we don't know if assists deconfirm fully.
Tldr. It's not a beautiful list. Sorry

riggsbass

Smash Apprentice
I made a new, non meme thing. I tried to make front, back, and sideways facing sprites for Geno for use on overworld maps, since he doesn't really have them.
View attachment 242809

I think the fact that these are the only two costumes that are from the exact same series, these are two separate costumes. (Mega Man and Mega Man X would be considered two different series technically.)
I love these! I actually found a romhack of SMRPG that had Mario's overworld replaced by Geno. He walked in all directions but his L/R/U/D poses were just the angled ones from the game. I had been trying to tinker with it in my free time to make Geno the primary playable character so I could begin gutting the ROM and making some sort of a fangame out of it. These would've been amazing to use in it - maybe I could still try and work that out! These would also fair well in an RPG Maker game, too, so... I have some options. I think there's a severe lack of Geno fangames!

Also - if you weren't already aware, you should submit stuff like this to the custom Super Mario RPG sprites section of Spriters Resource (especially if you're gonna end up making more poses!!) - Tonberry2k Tonberry2k would be stoked I think!

Geno is in
This guy gets it!

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I love these! I actually found a romhack of SMRPG that had Mario's overworld replaced by Geno. He walked in all directions but his L/R/U/D poses were just the angled ones from the game. I had been trying to tinker with it in my free time to make Geno the primary playable character so I could begin gutting the ROM and making some sort of a fangame out of it. These would've been amazing to use in it - maybe I could still try and work that out! These would also fair well in an RPG Maker game, too, so... I have some options. I think there's a severe lack of Geno fangames!

Also - if you weren't already aware, you should submit stuff like this to the custom Super Mario RPG sprites section of Spriters Resource (especially if you're gonna end up making more poses!!) - Tonberry2k Tonberry2k would be stoked I think!
Thanks, I'm glad you like 'em! And yeah, I know about TSR. In fact, I'm a very regular contributor with a long list of rips and custom work, mostly 8-bit stuff:
https://www.spriters-resource.com/submitter/MisterMike/
I'll eventually put these babies on TSR once I've finished with more edited stuff to go along with it, like swimming and climbing sprites and stuff like that. It'll probably take a while though, stuff like this is pretty difficult to make.

D

Deleted member

Hello Geno-contreras!

Hopefully good news regarding Smash speculation and Geno also pop up today.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Apparently it was this past weekend:

https://www.kh13.com/news/yoko-shim...hanks-again-to-be-held-october-19-2019-r3091/

Add in: And I guess there's going to be another one later in the month where Mrs. Shimomura will actually be performing.
'Hello, I'm Yoko Shimomura. I would like two play 2 songs from Super Mario RPG that Nintendo specifically asked me to perform, Beware the Forest Mushrooms and Battle Against an Armored Boss. Why these two songs? Don't know, but they claimed they wanted a redone version for some future plans. But don't think of me as their PUPPET who does what they want. I GENjOy doing these songs, STARting with Forest Mushrooms.

-Agressive tone-

...........I ULTIMATEly feel that it will be a.........SMASHING time for all!!

-Maniacal laughter-

Hahahaha........haaaaaa......

-Cheerful tone-

Anyway, here's the songs!'

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's wild to believe that this thread gained 17 pages over the course of the weekend. When we get news we really go ape, huh... So much so that me responding to this post from yesterday afternoon makes it look like I gave up caring, in terms of pages that flew by.

When my little brother was a kid, he asked for the red Power Ranger for xmas. The red one was his favourite. From when he first made his list, to xmas day, he was hoping for that toy. Then when we were opening our presents, he got a Power Ranger. But it wasn't the red one. I think it was the green one (I can't remember, the point was it wasn't red). He started crying, and threw the present across the room, still in its packaging. He didn't want to play with it. It was a Power Ranger, but it wasn't the exact one he wanted. So he threw it away. Incidentally, he was five or six.

Is that the level on which we want to pride ourselves on operating? An inability to take disappointment in stride to the point we need to purge the thing from existence? I understand things not panning out as desired, believe me, but all the "nothing over something" approach is indicative of is a very low tolerance to not getting things your way. It's not exactly an image of fortitude.
I think you're comparing some very unlike things here for the sake of throwing out a weak insult at people who think nothing is better than something in some cases. When you're given something, as a gift, there's a societal standard that you show some gratitude for it. That's all well and good and I believe that, and as we grow older, I think most people gain an understanding that when someone really tried to give you something they thought you'd like or need, you reward that with a smile and an appreciative thank you, even if you never use it or take it back (the gift receipt was invented for a reason, after all).

I could go on a long tangent about how your parents could have handled the situation, but I have no clue how you guys do Christmas and frankly it's way off topic. The entire argument breaks down in this situation either way because I assume your parents would have intended to give him the red ranger one day, if they hadn't given him anything at all for Christmas, whereas Sakurai never plans to give us Isaac.

What baffles me, though, is how this need to be appreciative for gifts has somehow morphed into an expectation that everyone should be appreciative for goods and services in the same way, as if we as consumers are getting a gift. By comparing the situations you're implying that your brother, still wanting the red ranger, went out and bought with his own money the green ranger, and should be happy that he got the wrong one. Surely, not getting the wrong one would have been a better use of his time and money. To make the comparison even closer, since getting an assist trophy or a mii costume (or both because Isaac got the extra shaft), he went out and bought the red ranger with his own money and it turned out to be a Chinese bootleg version that he bought for full price because the box didn't say it was a bootleg.

There's nothing wrong with Smash Ultimate because it has some Mii Costumes and assist trophies of popular characters, but to think people aren't going to be demoralized when a completely viable character is stuffed into an assist trophy next to a Pong knockoff and Nintendog, or given a bobble head costume to be applied to some of the clunkiest, unfun characters in the game is dumb. As much as there's nothing wrong with the game for having this content, it wouldn't suffer to not have it, so I'm not gonna take me or Wynn or anyone else unhappy with the costumes being called 5 year olds for not being happy with a small fragment of something we paid for. Next you'll tell me I'm a 5 year old for asking for no onions on my hamburger.

'Hello, I'm Yoko Shimomura. I would like two play 2 songs from Super Mario RPG that Nintendo specifically asked me to perform, Beware the Forest Mushrooms and Battle Against an Armored Boss. Why these two songs? Don't know, but they claimed they wanted a redone version for some future plans. But don't think of me as their PUPPET who does what they want. I GENjOy doing these songs, STARting with Forest Mushrooms.

-Agressive tone-

...........I ULTIMATEly feel that it will be a.........SMASHING time for all!!

-Maniacal laughter-

Hahahaha........haaaaaa......

-Cheerful tone-

Anyway, here's the songs!'
Japanese being the language it is, the puns add so much validity to this fanfic. So, am I right in believing this is the first time Mario RPG has potential new remixes in nearly 5 years? Which, come to think of it, lines up with a certain other Smash game...

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I’m thinking that Mii Costume list is one of the best piece of evidence we have ever had for Geno.

Goemon and Rocket Grunt both on top of eachother seem like an unthinkable combination to guess.

Even Sabi said aside from the Crash stuff the Mii list is “very obviously real”

And i’m not sure about you guys, but I don’t see why we’d get two extra Mario RPG costumes if Geno isn’t getting in. That’s something that just doesn’t make sense to me.

D

Deleted member

I’m thinking that Mii Costume list is one of the best piece of evidence we have ever had for Geno.

Goemon and Rocket Grunt both on top of eachother seem like an unthinkable combination to guess.

And i’m not sure about you guys, but I don’t see why we’d get two extra Mario RPG costumes if Geno isn’t getting in. That’s something that just doesn’t make sense to me.
Challenger Pack 5: Mario but from Mario RPG! Uses the weird clumpy 3D render from all the way back in the day and also has a hammer like you guys have always wanted!

comes with Mallow, Smithy, Geno, and new Peach and Bowser costumes. Also Chocobo because why not!
$5.99 plus tip

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Hey guys, just wondering: if Geno is somehow not any one of the future DLC characters for some reason, how will we all react?
I can't speak for anyone else obviously but I would definitely be disappointed. However, I am not an entitled butthole and I would be understanding also. At no point in this speculation cycle have I felt that Geno is a lock or that he is more deserving than any other character simply because he's been my most wanted since Melee. I am so happy that I got Simon, K Rool, and especially Ridley even though I don't even like the way Ridley plays. I really can't complain. Getting Geno would be one of the greatest video game moments ever for me but without getting him, Ultimate has still proven to be one of the best games I've ever played for many reasons. I think I would take a break to gather myself and then come back and try to suggest that we all try write thank you letters to the Smash team for the hard work they put into this game and thank them for all the content that was in the game and all the love they clearly put into it. I always want us to put our best foot forward and I think that showing our appreciation in spite of our disappointment is the best way for us to compose ourselves.

Ovaltine

Smash Master

I honestly don't feel as though they'd add Mallow and Smithy costumes if they hadn't at least tried to negotiate Geno with SE, and considering how nice they've been with Smash, I don't feel as though they'd turn him down. Us getting Geno with two music tracks and some costumes makes a lot of sense, too.

I feel at this point, it's more likely that Geno is going to be a fighter than a costume.

D

Deleted member

I honestly don't feel as though they'd add Mallow and Smithy costumes if they hadn't at least tried to negotiate Geno with SE, and considering how nice they've been with Smash, I don't feel as though they'd turn him down. Us getting Geno with two music tracks and some costumes makes a lot of sense, too.

I feel at this point, it's more likely that Geno is going to be a fighter than a costume.
My concern at this point is if this guy who leaked the costumes is a known troll, what if he just threw Mallow and Smithy in there for shiggles? I mean, since the air is cleared up and this is not the original Banjo guy, he could easily just decide to screw with Papagenos.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I agree with DLC 5-7. Big disagree with the rest.

Ryu Hayabusa
Geno
Crash Bandicoot
Leon/Jill
Steve
2B
Dixie Kong (Echo)
Waluigi
Nope I completely agree with offbi

For remiu you obviously haven’t see. The new suposivly leak a guy who got Touhou stuff right lots of times saying a lot of songs from remiu game is coming to smash so that saids remiu could be the character

And doomguy there’s a lot going for him despite the game being delayed thencreator has hinted at doom stuff coming to Nintendo and a anniversary is coming up as a matter of fact doomguy could be the real number 5

Grumbo

Smash Ace
I mentioned this yesterday but I dont think many people actually saw it since the pages flew by so fast.

Ive seen a lot of people say that Protoman and Zero were easy guesses and dont add much to the leak, but I beg to differ. I think its very important that on his list, he only mentioned those two costumes for Capcom/Megaman. Back in Smash 4 we actually had four megaman costumes: Zero, Protoman, X, and .Exe. Had he just been guessing I think he wouldve included all four. By omitting those two (as well the Monster hunter miis) I think it gives the leak more credibility (and these missing costumes may lead to an eventual capcom dlc, though thats a side note).

TLDR; Leaving out X and .exe and only including Zero and Proto actually gives the mii costume leak more credibility.

D

Deleted member

I mentioned this yesterday but I dont think many people actually saw it since the pages flew by so fast.

Ive seen a lot of people say that Protoman and Zero were easy guesses and dont add much to the leak, but I beg to differ. I think its very important that on his list, he only mentioned those two costumes for Capcom/Megaman. Back in Smash 4 we actually had four megaman costumes: Zero, Protoman, X, and .Exe. Had he just been guessing I think he wouldve included all four. By omitting those two (as well the Monster hunter miis) I think it gives the leak more credibility (and these missing costumes may lead to an eventual capcom dlc, though thats a side note).

TLDR; Leaving out X and .exe and only including Zero and Proto actually gives the mii costume leak more credibility.
I had the exact same thought regarding X and EXE. We give him a lot of credit (rightfully so) for Goemon and Rocket Grunt, but successfully pinning two Capcom costumes is crazy. There's not a doubt in my mind that the Mii costume information is legitimate, I just hope beyond hope the Mario RPG costumes weren't something added with malicious intent.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Challenger Pack 5: Mario but from Mario RPG! Uses the weird clumpy 3D render from all the way back in the day and also has a hammer like you guys have always wanted!

comes with Mallow, Smithy, Geno, and new Peach and Bowser costumes. Also Chocobo because why not!
$5.99 plus tip
Nah man, galaxy brain time. The fighter is Luigi from Super Mario RPG's credits. He's 1/4 the size of Luigi and uses a baton in all of his moves. His Final Smash is Exor for some reason and all of his taunts are dabs.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings

Remember, this guy used to to be a troll. It's entirely possible that he purposely left out the Geno Mii Costume when he leaked that list to PapaGenos. This isn't the same guy who was telling him about Banjo. Need to be wary.

T2by4

Smash Lord
It is extremely odd that they mention Mallow and Smithy but no Geno. Geno is a massive request and would easily be part of that list. Also, aren't Mallow/Smithy and the Chocobo the only ones missing from that list now? There aren't any others I don't think, so what makes us think that Geno won't be the very next dlc announcement? Both the Mallow/Smithy are from his game and the chocobo is with Square like Geno, if those were the only ones that dude listed that has yet to be in, Geno has to be coming VERY soon, right?

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I wouldn't put too much stock in the 2 songs theory. Its not like Square has a history of giving each of its playable characters in Smash 2 songs.

D

Deleted member

It is extremely odd that they mention Mallow and Smithy but no Geno. Geno is a massive request and would easily be part of that list. Also, aren't Mallow/Smithy and the Chocobo the only ones missing from that list now? There aren't any others I don't think, so what makes us think that Geno won't be the very next dlc announcement? Both the Mallow/Smithy are from his game and the chocobo is with Square like Geno, if those were the only ones that dude listed that has yet to be in, Geno has to be coming VERY soon, right?
"muh patterns" and "muh spirits" are the only thing that makes people think Geno won't be Challenger Pack 5, really. I've said it's a possibility for a long time and I'm not gonna concede the point until Challenger Pack 5 isn't Geno. I imagine I'll be the only person who isn't surprised if he is Challenger Pack 5.

Of course I'll still be so surprised I'll probably have to beat myself half to death to make sure I'm not dreaming.

catsforlife1

Smash Journeyman
My concern at this point is if this guy who leaked the costumes is a known troll, what if he just threw Mallow and Smithy in there for shiggles? I mean, since the air is cleared up and this is not the original Banjo guy, he could easily just decide to screw with Papagenos.
I honestly don’t think he would. From what papa has said about him in the crash video he’s a really creditable leaker that he talks to a lot. I honestly feel like despite his past this guy is not trolling. Besides I don’t see a Mallow and smithy costume if Geno is not a fighter so that’s another reason for me thinking he is not messing with us.

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
Ok, so for those of us that missed the 10+ page burst over the weekend, could someone give a quick summary of the current "leaks" going on and which points have the most credibility?

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
Pretty much the Mii costume list having a hole in with mallow and smithy but dodging a bullet matrix style with Geno and the brew leak despite the fact he isn't fully certain

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so for those of us that missed the 10+ page burst over the weekend, could someone give a quick summary of the current "leaks" going on and which points have the most credibility?
I'll try best

-Source that Papa Geno's talks to that has some credibility shares that he has a source from IGN saying Crash is coming to Smash as fighter #5
-This same IGN source appearently gave this same leaker info of some Mii Costumes back in July before Hero was released. The list was:
-Goemon
-Protoman
-Zero
-Mallow
-Smithy
-Chocobo
-Rocket Grunts
The list basically called all Mii Costumes that came with Banjo minus Sans
-Additionally, he said there would be no Mii Costumes from Microsoft which he also got correct
-The following day or so later, Sabi's NOA source states "no Crash" "no Tracer" and additionally, it turns out the Crash leaker used to be a troll of some kind
-However Sabi still thinks the Mii Costume list appears to be a legit leak regardless and Papa Geno's believes that the NOA source meant no Crash as the 5th fighter, not that he's decomfirmed all together
-Ryu Hayabusa is heavily rumored and likely to be the 5th fighter
-Geno appearently is also legitimately being talked about within insiders. Fatmanonice stated that some were saying his chances at worse were 50%

Edit: Basically we have a leaker with some level of credibility sharing a pretty specific Mii Costume list. Mii Costume list is good news for Geno. The only downside, is that the leaker used to be a troll. So that makes some things questionable

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

am I the only person bothered by the concept of a character being "50%" likely? I mean, that makes it sound like Sakurai's whims are the weather and maybe we'll get rain, maybe not. Technically speaking the character is either 100% in or 0% in.

I dunno, just something that doesn't sit well with me.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
am I the only person bothered by the concept of a character being "50%" likely? I mean, that makes it sound like Sakurai's whims are the weather and maybe we'll get rain, maybe not. Technically speaking the character is either 100% in or 0% in.

I know what you mean, I also hate uncertainty. :ultpacman:

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman

I think what they mean by that is that based on what they know and heard, the info they have puts Geno at 50%. I've never spoken to these sources so I could be wrong. However 50% seems like a reasonable claim to make. For example, if you've heard half of your most reliable contacts say Geno is coming, but you haven't heard anything from the other half, then you could consider that a 50% chance of Geno coming

Edit: some heavy rewording to make points clearer

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think what they mean by that is that based on what they know and heard, they believe there's a 50% chance at worse that Geno is coming. I've never spoken to these sources so I could be wrong. However 50% seems like a reasonable claim to make. For example, if you've heard half of your most reliable contacts say Geno is coming, but you haven't heard anything from the other half, then you could consider that a 50% chance of Geno coming
Ah, see, I guess my life spent not talking to other people very much has robbed me of the ability to think about it like that.

November feels so far away.

T2by4

Smash Lord
I'll try best

-Source that Papa Geno's talks to that has some credibility shares that he has a source from IGN saying Crash is coming to Smash as fighter #5
-This same IGN source appearently gave this same leaker info of some Mii Costumes back in July before Hero was released. The list was:
-Goemon
-Protoman
-Zero
-Mallow
-Smithy
-Chocobo
-Rocket Grunts
The list basically called all Mii Costumes that came with Banjo minus Sans
-Additionally, he said there would be no Mii Costumes from Microsoft which he also got correct
-The following day or so later, Sabi's NOA source states "no Crash" "no Tracer" and additionally, it turns out the Crash leaker used to be a troll of some kind
-However Sabi still thinks the Mii Costume list appears to be a legit leak regardless and Papa Geno's believes that the NOA source meant no Crash as the 5th fighter, not that he's decomfirmed all together
-Ryu Hayabusa is heavily rumored and likely to be the 5th fighter
-Geno appearently is also legitimately being talked about within insiders. Fatmanonice stated that some were saying his chances at worse were 50%

Edit: Basically we have a leaker with some level of credibility sharing a pretty specific Mii Costume list. Mii Costume list is good news for Geno. The only downside, is that the leaker used to be a troll. So that makes some things questionable
Regarding that last bullet, is it just fatmanonice saying that or is it others like papagenos and sabi? Also I was gone for a bit so I might've missed it, but was that info from fatmanonice before this mii costume ball got rolling?

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
For today's weather forecast, expect copious amounts of Geno Boosting from now until Wednesday, with a sudden outburst of Geno Flash come Thursday. Some light Star Rain instances during Friday well into Saturday morning. Later this afternoon and evening beware of clouds carrying intense Shockers; make sure to stay indoors. Also, here's a preview of the extended forecast all the way to November; as you can see with chances of Geno going up from 50% chance of Geno Beam, up to 100% (wow) near the end of the period. That is all the weather news for today; my name is Nimbus NPC #34 and I'll be seeing you in the next weather update.

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
Regarding that last bullet, is it just fatmanonice saying that or is it others like papagenos and sabi? Also I was gone for a bit so I might've missed it, but was that info from fatmanonice before this mii costume ball got rolling?
Fatmanonice is the only one to have stated to my knowledge that Geno is at a 50% at worse among insiders. He shared this with us after the Mii Costume leak

T2by4

Smash Lord
Fatmanonice is the only one to have stated to my knowledge that Geno is at a 50% at worse among insiders. He shared this with us after the Mii Costume leak
papagenos papagenos have you heard about this? Im a bit skeptical and would like incite from other peeps. Any word from Sabi or any other person with insider knowledge that feel the same?

Last edited:

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
If Crash does make it in down the road, I hope he also comes with a Mii Costume of himself to reference the cheesy 90's commercials:
Sorry I'm late to responding but I just thought this was the most amazing idea I've heard for a Mii costume and now I really want this to happen.

D

Deleted member

papagenos papagenos have you heard about this? Im a bit skeptical and would like incite from other peeps. Any word from Sabi or any other person with insider knowledge that feel the same?
To my knowledge, Fatmanonice is in the same discord server with 9 other individuals who mostly know the same stuff (including what the Starling is but his lips are welded shut)

I'd imagine they've all heard the same stuff but I'll let him confirm that if/when he stops back by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom