- Mar 5, 2019
Hello all. I mostly post in the rate their chances thread but wanted to explore other threads. After reading some pages I would like to take the time to gather up all the evidence for Geno's case.
- A heavily requested character that consistently does excellent on fan polls so he probably did very well on the ballot. Not to mention Sakurai liking the character and considering him in the past.
- Speaking of Sakurai, he did empathize in the Banjo video about pleasing the fans, thus fan requests like Geno.
- He had a Mii costume in Smash 4 and interestingly it has not returned. Either they are improving on it to make it high-quality like Sans or they upgraded him to a playable character.
- The fact that two songs most associated with Geno were taken down from YouTube by Nintendo which is interesting. I believe a remix of Megalovania was also taken down from YouTube before the Sans Mii costume was added (except that was only one song which is important as I'm about to mention). As we know from Cloud and Hero, Square Enix seems to have a rule that each game represented can only have two songs (Cloud with two songs and each Hero having 2 songs each). Was it a coincidence that those two songs were taken down? Maybe. However, I find it highly suspicious that out of all the time those videos were up, they happen to be removed during this DLC phase.
- A minor point, but I thought to include it. Legend of the 7 Stars was included in the SNES Mini which at least means that Nintendo and Square Enix have not completely forgotten about the game.
- As for Geno's spirit, there is nothing that says that spirits 100% deconfirm characters. Until Sakurai says otherwise, spirit characters are still on the table.